Crum & Forster Insurance Employee Reviews

A very productive workplace
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  MarylandDecember 10, 2018
I really was relaxed and felt very welcomed at crum and Forster. Everyone was friendly. We all worked well together. If it wasn't for the company relocating to another state, I would still been working for them.
Pros
Had continental breakfast most of the time
Cons
Good break times
No Work/Life Blance
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTNovember 11, 2018
Scheduled shifts are swing shifts and include weekends and holidays. Will required you to pass State Licensing but that does not increase your salary. Little to no advancement options.
Pros
Good office location
Cons
Rate of pay and schedule
Another Job I liked
PBX Operator & Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COOctober 17, 2018
I was a telephone receptionist at this company. This position entailed 99 percent of answering the phone, taking messages, or transferring calls to claim adjustors.
Pros
Co-Worker Friendly
Cons
low pay
Employee focused workplace
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJJuly 20, 2018
Employee focused workplace with solid management. Typical day includes quarter close processes and off quarter ad hoc projects. Comfortable workspace, flexible work hours, and ability to work remotely.
Work was easy and collabrative
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2018
Working at Crum & Forster was satisfying at the time of my employment. The office environment was easy going. The work flow was at regular intervals and was completed by the end of the day.
Pros
Lot's places to grow into
Cons
company has grown and departments no longer as fluid
Productive & fun place
Fle Clerk, Policy typist, & Worker's Comp Adjuster (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 21, 2018
Great benefits.
Great workers.
Great location.
Great supervisors.
Helpful HR office
Great Hours.
Overall it was a grate place to work before they closed down.
Financial Cash Analyst
Financial Cash Analyst (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJJanuary 16, 2018
Typical day at C&F is to process bank payments, Bank slip tally, set for bank deposit, process adjustments and record payments and info on spreadsheet to balance midmonth reports. Call bank to process stop payments of stale dated checks/loss/bank adjustments. Return all calls to clients regarding accounts.
Management-Respond to management regarding all necessary business aspect of job.
Workplace Culture - Professional, warm, easy work environment.
Hardest part of the job - Sometime if you work with a team and you had a deadline and part of the team was done and part not done. but because you`re a team you find a way to work it out and that makes it enjoyable.
Pros
Working in a professional enviroment where everyone is willing to put their best foot forward.
Cons
Although you meet your deadline, sometime stress is inevitable.
Great benifits
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJJanuary 8, 2018
To many friends and family and promotions and pay increases are handed to them freely without work merit. I worked here 3 years and was promised pay increases and they never materialized.
A lot of relatives and friends are hired and they are quickly promoted on favoritism.
Pros
Good benifits, flexible work hours
Cons
Finance department is corrupt
Corporate management out of touch with regional offices
Workers' Compensation Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAOctober 30, 2017
Upper Management resistant to change. Compensation not competitive for local job market, Many good employees, and supervisors but not enough to overcome poor corporate management.
Crum & Forster
Premium Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2017
I enjoyed working here in the interesting field of casualty insurance gaining lots of premium accounting experience. My co-workers were pleasant to work with.
Pros
Good working conditions
Cons
Low advancement opportunities
Not for me
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJAugust 10, 2017
Insurance was not for me. I am not interested in continuing in the field. I don't have a lot more to say, but the website says I have to keep typing.
Great place to work, great people, no future
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX 75093June 29, 2017
Great job, great people, but management has no plan or track for advancement.

When I inquired about how or where to apply for advancement, training, or the future, they not only did not have a plan, but they did now want to create a path to reward performance with promotions of any kind.
Pros
The people
Cons
The corporate managment
Overall a good place to work.
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Morristown, New JerseyOctober 20, 2015
Provided great training and opportunities for personal growth. Hardest part of the job are long hours which is sometime overlooked.
Overall a good place to work.
Pros
Ability to learn.
Cons
Heavy workload.
Fast Pace Work Environment
Underwriting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJMarch 22, 2015
Good company to work for in the insurance industry. The company offers opportunity for professional and personal growth. Must be able to work in a team environment and be self disciplined to handle different workloads in order to achieve department goals.
Pros
Opportunity to work and learn with outstanding insurance professionals
Cons
Sometimes there is not enough time in the day to complete everything.
Energetic and productive work environment
Small Business Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJMay 13, 2014
C&F is a great place to work. Management is easy to talk to and understanding of employees needs. A typical day at work is busy.
Very Productive Day
Claims Clerk (Current Employee) –  305 Madison Ave., Morristown, NJ 07962May 4, 2014
My day varies at work and everyday there's constant change. I've been at my job now for 8 years so I've done a lot since I've been working there. I've done a lot of data entry of General Liability, Umbrella, Property, Workers Compensation claim set ups. I answer a lot of phone calls on a daily basis as well as back up receptionist. We have a very high volume of files that need to be filed away on a daily basis, along with closed claims paper work. Files that's are closed for a year are boxed & sent to Archives storage. Mail is opened, date stamped, indexed for a claim # (if N/A on documents), & mail gets delivered 2 times a day. Request Policies from Underwriting dept. & Certified copies of the Policies. Create claim file jackets with all claim info & on the jackets for all adjusters. Process First Injury Reports through Mitchell to be sent to the state for record purposes. Process all Statement of Claimant, Subrogation Acknowledgement, Witness Statement, Acknowledgement & Delay Letters to Claimants & Insureds.
Consistancy
Operation's Clerk (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJFebruary 26, 2014
A typical day consisted of being at a computer majority of the time. Some filing and faxes. Very easy going and friendly co-workers.
Pros
Excellent cafe
Cons
Not much growth oppertunities
good
Mailroom, Underwriter Assistant, File maintenance (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 20, 2013
was going well until this mangament consulting team came in and ruined it...not even sure there still in denver. I think they moved the office to Dallas
Pros
good place to work/medical/pay
Cons
not really
Great place to work.
Manger, HR Administration (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJMarch 19, 2013
C&F allows you to exercise your entreprenurial side. They are very flexible when it comes to work life balance.
Fair Employer
Underwriting Assistant / Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 24, 2012
Nice organization. Learned a great deal about workers compensation insurance, commercial auto and some general liability rating, issuance and account management. I would work for this company again.

The company is fast paced and there was a lot of information to process. Overall a great experience.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
change in strategy resulted in reduction of business and the layoff of many employees