Crunch Fitness Employee Reviews

There are better gyms out there
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Deltona, FLJuly 14, 2018
I worked here less than a month. The pay is inadequate, not what is posted online. You only will make about $13 per training. This is a sales job-Beware.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Management, pay, no benefits
Positive energetic atmosphere
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 30, 2018
I loved working for this company as a franchise operational manager. The owner is intelligent, driven, and caring as a amazing mentor. I was able to be creative in promoting my club and developing my team to meet goals and expectations.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Salary is below average for industry
Great place to learn.
NJ- Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Garwood, NJJune 14, 2018
Great place to learn front desk/ phone skills. A lot of interesting people go there and the co-workers are friendly and extremely helpful. Too bad you can't make a living here.
Paramus, NJ- mismanaged and unethical
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJune 14, 2018
If you're looking to cut it in a big box gym as a trainer, avoid this "business" like the plague. The "Pacifico Group" is an awful organization to work for. They lie, cheat, and belittle their staff. The turnover rate is atrocious, and they gym itself, including the equipment, is disgusting. Be sure to check trainer credentials as they will tout trainers as being certified when they are not!
Pros
Cons
Favoritism, lying, cheating, mean-spirited, uneducated, unscrupulous management.
Great Company
Membership Manager (Former Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAJune 12, 2018
Great company to work for.
Strong but understanding leaders from the small Crunch Clubs in the middle of nowhere to the large beautiful clubs in the middle of Hollywood Ca.
If you're looking into a career with this company I would absolutely recommend it. Especially if you're interested in sales.
I worked for CRUNCH for many years. I'd work for the again too if they push came to shove.
Pros
No cap on how much money can be made. It's a fun componay. So boring downers arent welcome on staff
Cons
Not many. I cant even think of 1 con.
No passion all numbers
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 6, 2018
Working as a trainer for Crunch was great to understand the gym culture beyond getting certified as a personal trainer.

However, Crunch being an LLC, all they cared about was us selling personal training packages and that started to eat away at my passion for wanting to help people move better and feel better.

I didn’t like focusing on a number at the gym unless it was related to my client’s successes.
Pros
Seeing my clients progress
Cons
Pressure to hit sales numbers
Great place for students to work part-time
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Blackhawk, CAJune 4, 2018
Associates check-in members and guests. Associates tend the cash register for in-store purchases. Associates wash, dry and fold towels for use on premise. Associates open and close the gym.
Easy and Fun work place
Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJune 3, 2018
Working the front desk was involved folding towels, answering/directing phone calls, and greeting the members. It's fun and easy to do. The most challenging part is learning the system and the register. It's a fun upbeat environment, and everyone working there is extremely nice and always willing to help.
Great company,
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJMay 14, 2018
Crunch has been a great company to work for, good opportunity to grow. Great culture, innovative,fun, high on customer service and positive member experience.
Pros
healthcare, life insurance. PTO, sick days for full time employees
Cons
no retirement plan, high insurance rates, at will employment
Lugar devertivo y seguro
Entrenador personal (Former Employee) –  Ponce Municipio, PRMay 12, 2018
Es el mejor gum al momento, cuenta con los mejores equipos y ests muy bien ubicado
Pros
Mucha variedad
Cons
No.mantenimiento de maquinas
Fun work place for fitness oriented people
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMay 6, 2018
You get a free membership by working there and discounts on personal training, merchandise etc. Great part-time job for someone who doesn't want to pay for a gym membership and isn't looking for full-time work.

Management/workplace culture etc will all vary from location to location based on the team members working there.
Pros
free gym membership!
Cons
Starting pay rate is really low even if you have prior experience
Poorly managed
Fitness Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 2, 2018
There was no communication between staffers and trainers and appointments would often get screwed up and/or missed. Great facility and equipment but would not recommend it unless management has changed.
Pros
free membership
Cons
management
Enjoy the lifestyle of being mentally and physically healthy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAMay 2, 2018
Work with an awesome team who care to help each other out so that we are all successful and do the best to our abilities to reach personal and sales goals.
Pros
Great environment.
Cons
Scheduled very few hours to work.
Inconsistent management
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAApril 30, 2018
Crunch fitness, Sunnyvale, is run by someone who, when he hears your concerns and frustrations with the job, makes empty promises/apologies. Inconsistent hours given/takes them away if you've made him mad. Very much so like a large child being in charge of the facility.
Productive enviorment with nice staff members.
SALES REPRESENTATIVE AND OPERATION MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTApril 25, 2018
A typical day included helping members with any facility or personal problems. Along with checking members in and cleaning the gym. I learned how to manage problems effectively along with how to properly run a fitness center from my manager and regional director. The most enjoyable parts of the job was seeing friendly faces and developing relationships with the gym's members and staff. I also was able to make personal connections with people affiliated in the field in which I am interested in pursuing jobs in.
Crunch Fitness is the place to be!
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAApril 23, 2018
I genuinely love this place. Aside from an awesome huge facility in the OC, the environment and the people in it what makes worth so enjoyable that it doesn't feel like work.
Pros
Awesome coworkers, fun environment, member friendships
Cons
None!
Great Place to work
Personal Trainer/ Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 23, 2018
Great Place to work, Friendly staff and helpful management. If your interested in other departments the management staff will make sure to get you with the right people.
Crunch is a great place to be a fitness instructor
Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAApril 22, 2018
I feel supported and they have a ton of opportunities for certifications and advancements. The other instructors are superb and the facility is top notch
Pros
Flexible hours, supportive atmosphere
Cons
Pay
Numbers game
Fitness and Exercise Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2018
The company is quite hypocritical as its actions do not match its ideology. From day 1 the trainers are instructed to "program" clients' workout routines, yet there is not any training. The concept of NUTRITION is harped daily, without any instructions. Its supplement line is horrible.

The management only cares about numbers and sales, and the quality of instruction is never discussed. Recently management pushed its ELECTRONIC FUNDS TRANSFER for payment, just to increase the valuation of the company for a possible IPO.
Crunch Gym
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAApril 20, 2018
Horrible management. Married couple who didn't treat employees well. The wife was rude and snobby. The husband was a pervert. Nobody felt comfortable around him. Wouldn't recommend anyone to work for them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crunch Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.1

2.2Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight