Crunch Fitness

Crunch Fitness Employee Reviews

United States1,022 reviews

Found 1,022 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,094 reviews
gymfitnessmembershiptrainermemberworkoutclubpersonal

Flexible work schedule. Take care of your business the rest takes care of itself .

As a trainer you create your own success your running your business within their business. If your great at what you do and take care of your business your good to go. Create and manage your own schedule it's all about the Benjamin's !

Great Place to learn things from

Everyone working there and the management is great. They want to make sure you succeed in everything you do. There are many things I learned at Crunch Fitness that will help me out in the future.

Crunch Fitness insights

Based on 1,011 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Beware! Don't do it!

One of the worst places I've ever worked. Bad pay, very "high school drama" filled and zero respect.Unless you're a meat head or a gym rat, you're treated like garbage.Literally work anywhere else.

Pros

The members

Cons

Everything else

Loved the place, bad job security

Be prepared to get a call saying you don’t work there anymore when they decide costs are too high- after they ignored 6 months of showing how to cut costs. One Friday I was told they were going to take care of me and I was too valued there, and the next Tuesday I get called to turn in my keys and get my things.

Pros

Wonderful brand

Cons

Find the right franchise

Fun place to work

Fun work environment , good experience overall. Pay is commission only which can be either really good if you put in the work or really bad if you aren’t willing or able to put in that work to get clients.

Nice gym, not so nice people

I loved my previous managers, some of my coworkers who I am still friends with, and the fact that I had a gym membership free of charge. But don’t expect to get a raise. Even if they sit you down and tell you that you will be receiving a raise. They claimed to have “lost the paper stating I got a raise” and man I was fuming. I wish this place the best of luck but PLEASE give your employees the raise they deserve.

Pros

Free gym membership

Cons

No raises, no appreciation, lots of backbiting

Bad Management

Management doesn’t care about your time.. everyone is very judgmental and does not want to see you grow. It’s a good part time job but do not rely on it for an growth.

Fun but not a career

Like most gym jobs, they try to excite you with higher pay than most gyms but it’s very hard to build clientele in a gym where the base membership is $9.99. Management does not like when try to maintain a few clients because once you stop creating new revenue they don’t hit their bonuses, resulting in forcing you to quit or then looking for a reason to fire you.

Fun but not worth the pay!

Pay needs to increase worldwide! Employees are expected so much more than what they get paid for. Good work culture but long hours and on your feet all day. Growth is achievable but managers are not understanding and truly just care for the numbers. It’s sad to see such a good company not see the worth of their teammates.

Pros

Free gym membership

Cons

Barely any breaks, Poor management

The members at the club.

Love the members that come in. Impossible to get a raise even if your performance is exemplary. Took commissions away after Covid. Basically got a pay cut and never got a raise

Pros

Free membership

Cons

No breaks, no sick days, no paid vacation

What is the best part of working at the company?The members are great and very dedicated to have a better health What is the most stressful part about working at the company?No stress at all very flexible What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Nice place to work and the environment is great What is a typical day like for you at the company?Always waiting to greet the members making sure they enjoy their workouts and if they have any questions or need any help with equipments always available for them to help at all times.

Great Gym but Bad Management

Cool gym but they don’t appreciate the employees. It’s not about a healthy lifestyle with Crunch it’s about the money and gym to gym competition. The managers are immature and needs to be replaced.

Pros

Good equipment

Cons

No job security

Decent equipment, poor management

They give you a lot of freedom with your clients, you have decent equipment to work with, but the management was very arrogant and toxic in my time there.

Work for free!

It’s good for beginners I suppose, you get some hands on experience. But more of a sales job than training. You get 2 prospect hours a shift, which is minimum wage, and you’re supposed to recruit clients during this time… you’re also expected to spend as much time as possible, as many times as possible, prospecting for clients.. for free. All day, 6 days a week, they want you there, off the clock, selling PT packages. This isn’t an internship, pay your employees!

Low pay without manager support

I opened the location most days of the week and was never able to work with others including management. With manager absence I never felt that I could express the issues that I was running into so I quickly went on to much better things.

What is the best part of working at the company?Flexible work hoursWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?The computer system is outdated and unnecessarily complicated.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Low-key, not a lot of micromanaging, but hectic because there aren’t enough managers. You are kind of thrown to the wolves. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Frustrating. Working with the clientele is fine when you are actually training people, but the pay system and computer system take up too much time.

fun atmosphere

the people you meet are amazing and is a great place to network .crunch allows you to work out during your break time in the facility ...and did i say the clients are amazing !!

Good

Far as I know it’s a good place l, great employer always kept a smile on their face never showed any attitude, front desk people are good to ver very good

Great work environment, but…

Crunch locations are either corporate or franchises. Which have their pros and cons respectively. The location I worked at had no leadership from the owners, so it was pretty much a “throw them in the water and see if they swim” situation. There was a ton of turnover because good employees weren’t appreciated & overworked due to owners not wanting to hire more employees.I did pretty well given I already had years of experience. The comp plan rewarded client retention and was decent for a big box gym. Clients, work environment, and coworkers were all great.

Horrible management that only cares about money

The best part about Crunch is working with the members. Most of the employees (except management) are genuinely good people that truly care about every single person that walks through the doors. Unfortunately, actions speak louder than words. Management only cared about revenue. It does not matter if trainers are the best fit for a particular member looking for personal training. Members will be stuck with whoever is available or needs more hours. Therefore, as an employee, many of the trainers who are more experienced, and we’re well equipped to handle members with certain physical needs to reach their goals are headed to less experienced trainers, whom many of them are not even certified. Trainers are trained almost exclusively to sell packages, and not trained in the basic needs as a trainer like functional anatomy and physiology. The best of my coworkers, and some of the most knowledgeable and well experienced people I know continue to leave at a rapid rate because of the way management treats the employees as well as the gym members. There were numerous occasions within a short time the gym has been open, that employees do not show up for work, in the gym is locked up in members cannot get in for the workouts. Other employees do not have access to the key to unlock the door, and have missed sessions with their clients, costing them a hit on their paychecks. If you are a person looking to start or continue their professional career in a personal training role, my recommendation would be to go to a small mom and pop gym where they truly care about the employees and their -

Pros

Clients are amazing

Cons

No benefits, no employee culture or care from management, only care about money

Unprofessional

Manager’s super unprofessional and demanding and makes others feel uncomfortable. No room for growth here. Terrible management styles. Fake positions/titles give to employees who are friend of manager.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crunch Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.7
InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Crunch Fitness with

• Crunch Fitness
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?