Play YouTube video button
Information from Crunch Fitness:

Crunch Fitness Employee Reviews

United States709 reviews
Featured review
Crunch Fitness selected this as a representative review
This is a great place to learn how to become a great trainer. The employees and the members make it a fun environment. However it is hard to grow within the company and the upper management makes you feel like your just a number in the company and you can be replaced at any moment.
It’s a very nice place to work , everyone is so helpful and the managements are doing a great job, it’s a big gym, special area for personal training and lot of new equipments
This company was a nightmare to work for. There was no communication between the home office and the actual gyms. CFO was extremely sexist, as well as the VP of Operations. Constantly making inappropriate jokes. The amount of gossip between the people in charge of running the company made some of my peers and I so uncomfortable, we ended up sharing an office so we didn’t have to listen to hearing “F**k” being yelled many times a day.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Management is overworked so they quit after a few months. Members get overcharged for their memberships. Staff would call members fat behind their backs. Totally unprofessional. Plenty of better gyms out there. They want you to work off the clock for hours on end.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
No healthcare or benefits, no hours available for front desk workers, members are made fun of behind their backs.
Good beginning experience for a gym. Good atmosphere people are chilled who workout there. I was in Manhattan in midtown. The management was understanding
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Typical day at work consisted of greeting guests, scanning guests in, and waiting for potential sales to come in. At the Upland location specifically you will be left alone all day with NO management there to help you. Angry guest will consistently argue with you because club policies will change on a weekly bases and there will be no management on shift with you to step in and assist you. Although the job is extremely easy, you will always be in the gym by yourself unless trainers are there to train their clients. Management will only have each others backs and will expect you to always pick up shifts, open/close alone, and make sales regardless if they are there or not. Super easy work, but expect to work alone.
Pros
Phones allowed at work, no physical work to be done
Cons
One person per shift, angry guests, open/close alone
I was a top producer before the corona virus. I wasnt even given the courtesy if a text or phone call telling me i wouldnt be rehired So funny because i still get annoying texts and notices form my supervisor, the culture is a phony ! low pay and a lot of hours the worst to work for. They promote the young even though totally unqualified because they can treat
treat them like slaves!. racist and age discrimination all over the place.
Pros
Cons
too many
Best company to work for. Able to balance family and work. All staff is extremely nice. Boss is very good. Owner checks in to make sure the business is running smoothly.
Unpleasant work environment. You are a just a number and a body to the company, nothing more. The managers are unmotivated to help you succeed and coworkers are unfriendly.
You get to meet friendly people always have a good smile for customer it always let the customer know that you appreciate them for coming. And always make sure the place is clean
racist company , snakes , too childish, all everyone does is bait everyone to go back and run their mouths and talk bad about one another . You can do something four months ago and it can be brought up just so they can fire you for nothing. Favoritism and racism and prejudice at its finest especially when the people there no who they are and what they do . I don't recommend.
When I first started with Crunch I was left to believe they were really a no judgement company that cared about their employees. I was truly wrong and mislead. From the color of my skin down to my sexuality I was told to act and look a certain way. When it came to advancement I wasn’t even given an interview to apply but yet told to train the new employee. I was belittled. I was made fun of. I was good enough to work 60 plus hours with no pay increase. I was good enough to work every holiday and six days a week. I went into depression and felt as though I didn’t have self worth. I definitely regretted choosing to work for them.
You’ll work with some great people and meet even better. If you’re looking to a advance good luck. They give the run around and hire outside the company for any management that leaves !
I enjoy the company employees and the gym perks.
The environment is fun, friendly and clean.

the staff is helpful and encouraging. the training is also a big advantage.
Loved the work culture and my co workers. Great people. Bad company, horrible pay, terrible commission set up. No insentive to make sales other than to meet goals because you only get 10% commission off of personal training not memberships. With that being said great co workers, great work atmosphere, and friends I will have for life.
I have worked there for many yrs *more than 10yrs. It is wonderful company to work for if you are employed there full time. It is also great for employees such as myself that prefer part time position. I was able to continue working here while focusing simultaneously on other endeavors.
Incredibly unprofessional working environment. They have no loyalty or respect for employees. Payroll was always wrong. They will not train you. They do not care to help you grow. Stay far away.
Pros
Helping consumers
Cons
Bad management, no training, low employee morale, managers not around, lots of turn over, you can expect your paycheck to always be wrong and you have to fight with payroll to correct it.
As an Group Fitness instructor, keeping the energy in each class is a must. Being encouraging and informative is priority. Schedules are set, for classes, quarterly. As for front desk, general customer service skills are a must. Being personable is a plus. Sales experience is preferred.
This job gives you the opportunity to do what you love when it comes to fitness! You choose where your passion is, if they have the job that matches it then go for it! So far, I'm having an amazing time working at Crunch Ftiness!
Is a fantastic place to work if you are in college or just need a job to get some extra money. I love talking to everyone and I’d usually upbeat and friendly everyday. Barely pays the bills but I’ll take it !
Working with Crunch is a life-changing experience, being the face and your attitude towards the love of Crunch is what they see when they walk in can be the difference in someone's day. You can change one's whole demeanor with just how you greet someone, and being that person who has people walking in with a smile and being able to work for a club that will allow them to keep that smile all the time and keep them coming back. Also being able to teach classes, and having the ability to brighten someone's day by bringing the FUN to some serious fitness makes it enjoyable for people and has them wanting more. Honestly theirs a lot of good that comes with the company and the only negative that I see within it is that not more people are here with us. Being able to change lives is what we are here for and the more people that we have the more we are making a difference.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crunch Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6
2.7
Ratings from women
2.5
InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
2.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight