CryoLife Employee Reviews

Back then
Senior Associate, Human Tissue Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJuly 2, 2018
Executive Management down to Supervisor level did not care for the culture nor the well-being of their employees during my time here. I had to independently network internally to better understand the company's mission/goals to ensure my role was efficient and productive.
Alright company
many opportunities for advancement
Good place
Operations (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMarch 3, 2018
Nice place to work.
The culture is changing under the new CEO for the better
Relaxed environment, allow employees to wear business casual.
New focus on employees
One to watch
N/A (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMarch 3, 2018
A significant change culture about to come into its own. Focused on outcomes. Internal matrix is under a structure change to achieve balance. Significant effort into employee engagement, alignment and balance.
A place to do great works that matter!
Director, Talent Mgmt., Learning & Development (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAFebruary 17, 2018
You can make a huge impact with every contribution of your talent that you bring to the table, regardless of your job function or level of seniority.
The culture is rapidly growing into an environment that allows you to align your personal purpose and mission in life to that of the organizations. CryoLife's Purpose is about extending and saving lives while satisfying the business demands of Wall Street.
We are not a Google, but we have an awesome new fitness center, basketball courts, open cafe with unlimited expressos or latte and healthy foods, Extensive wellness programs, massage chairs, and sports leagues such as golfing, bowling, and softball. If you are just looking for a j.o.b. , you may not be happy here, the people that stay here bring a passion to make a difference that matters.
The training programs and learning opportunities continue to expand into a Learning Culture for developing Leaders through CryoLife's Corporate University. Instructor lead classes, online learning, and Lunch & Learns are a growing constant that allows you to develop a solid personal and professional value proposition.
Pros
You have the choice to become and do your very best here.
Very slow process in every aspect of the company i was exposed to.
Microbiology Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJanuary 28, 2018
Very slow process in every aspect of the company i was exposed to.
Little or no oppurtunities for career advancement. Very little interaction between management and associate/ lab techs.
Very busy and closed cukture
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GADecember 27, 2017
The typical day at work was constant problem solving without end.

I learned nothing new.

Management, well my immediate manager was great, others were distant.

Workplace culture was outwardly friendly, but gossipy and backstabbing.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with competitive co-workers.

The most enjoyable was the job itself, I loved helping people.
Pros
Many company events activities.
Cons
Constant co-worker competition.
Fun Culture
Senior Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GADecember 13, 2017
Very interesting company with a hybrid set of expertise in tissues and medical devices. The diversity of engineering, microbiology, and chemistry professionals created a collaborative environment where academic growth was abundant during daily activities.
best company ever
Various administrative (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 6, 2017
The most enjoyable part of CryoLife is the lives we saved everyday.
Through our Donor Program and the organ replacement.
I cannot express the awesome life changing procedures that impact people lives daily.
Just don't do it
Customer Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAOctober 17, 2017
CryoLife is full of micromanagers. Managers are allowed to push around the employees and abuse their power. There were some great people working there but the management made it unbearable.
Excellent culture. Strong values.
Microbiology Technician II (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 11, 2017
At the time of my employment, this company had excellent core values and showed a strong commitment to its products and employees. This was a great experience.
Fun place to work
Microbiology Technician II (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJuly 31, 2017
Fun workplace environment, the people are awesome to work with. You are learning something new every day and get a chance to meet some great people. It is a great work environment.
Unless you have a sweet resume, beware
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJuly 24, 2017
Management wants individuals who do a good job, but not too good. The person who is looking out for the company gets sacked. The best part of the job, however is the coworkers, the people you can actually talk to.
Pros
Flex time
good place
Human Tissue Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 19, 2017
Good place to work but changes occur frequently. Hard work. I really do not have more to say. but this place is always hiring for smart and determined people.thank you
A well run company in general, nice place to work in general, but training was minimal and you had better get it on the first pass - dont ask again!
IT Helpdesk Audiovisual Technician (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 11, 2017
I worked in the IT department as the AV tech. I had a tough but fair supervisor. The training was minimal and when I really needed help I did not get it.
Pros
Benenits were good, pay was ok
Cons
Lots of pressure working for execs, who mostly came in late to meetings, expected to have all up and running, but that was impossible, since they had to be there to log in and set up the teleconferencing meetings
It's been a while
Supervisor, Tissue Processing Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 5, 2017
I haven't worked at CryoLife since they laid off a host of well-tenured people in 2009. So keep my time away and personal animosity in mind while reading.
It's my understanding that the compensation has been significantly increased since I started there nearly 20 years ago. For a long period, the pay for the dissecting positions was just completely rotten. I mean, these people take 2 years to train and get good at their jobs, but were making a wage more akin to part-time work in retail. The company's position was, "Where else are you going to work in Atlanta with a Bachelor of Science degree". Competition from new companies has been a big driver for improving this.

Dissecting human tissue is just a really cool job.

Don't know if this has changed, but there was no capacity planning. The instructions from leadership were to accept tissue no matter what - even if there were no where near enough people or materials to accomplish the job. You would come to work one day be told that everyone is working 5-6 hours of overtime on top of the normal 10 hour day. As a leader, you had to call everyone from off shift and beg them to come in and work and somehow figure a way to get it done. These long days were not "one-offs" and would be stacked upon each other day after day. It got to be where no one who was off would even answer their phone. The pace was grueling, but more than that, the lack of recognition for those efforts was the worst. For all that effort to compensate for poor planning, who gets the hefty bonuses? The sales and marketing guys who cause the problem in the first
  more... place. Stupid.  less
Pros
The impact you have on saving people's lives
Cons
Even though you won't hear it enough at CryoLife, know that I appreciate you!
Pleasant and professional environment, I learned a lot.
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAApril 23, 2017
Good training and guidance. I appreciate everything I learned while I was there. Friendly and professional environment, very clean facility. Not a perfect environment, but far better than typical 'manufacturing' facilities.
Pros
Clean, professional facility and friendly environment.
Cons
Discord between departments and managers/supervisors.
Work here only if you need entry level experience
Technician (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJanuary 2, 2017
New management has brought a very negative environment into the operation of the company. Employees suddenly disappear and no information is available to those who have been working with them. The highest level of management gave a fake 'retirement' party for an employee who was being fired - to try and bolster sagging employee morale. A recent Gallup poll elicited the information that the company failed in all areas except the Mission Statement (which was written by the original management).
Pros
Good entry level training
Cons
Miasma of uncertainty every day, vanishing coworkers, false information from management, toadying lower management
Productive Workplace
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAOctober 23, 2016
A typical day consists of numerous processes in flow that require heavy attention to detail, team work, and self accountability. I have learned how to create the product we produce as well as all the necessary procedures from product formulation to packaging it for shipping. Management is constantly searching for new ways to make production more time and cost efficient, as well as speaking with employees to obtain advice for bettering procedures. Co-worker relationships are typically healthy and everyone is usually willing to lend a helping hand. The hardest part of the job is following behind fellow co-workers and trusting their integrity to their duties because one mishap from any person can halt a production. The most enjoyable part of the job is being in a process with co-workers that you can trust to do their job efficiently and are able to complete a process flawlessly.
Pros
Job security, teachable staff, lower management is helpful
Cons
expensive health care, non competitive wages, neglectful upper management
College grads only, and only if you're desperate
quality assurance (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 12, 2015
They will work you to death. Low pay, Advancement opportunities are rare. Look elsewhere.
Fear and blame culture. This place will exacerbate any anxiety you already have.
Pros
It's a starting place
Cons
They have unrealistic expectations