Crystal Ridge Care Center Employee Reviews

Busy but fun
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAOctober 31, 2018
It's a busy facility, but has newer management that provides good support. Orientation is quick, but coworkers are helpful and you can ask questions. Thank god for good co-workers. The CNA's also work their butt's off, they are great.
Worst job ever and horrible boss
Laundry Aide (Former Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAApril 6, 2018
The only positive thing about this job was the pay. My boss was very rude and mean, she wasn't friendly at all. The job was very hard and exhausting. I left because I preferred being unemployed than working at that job.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Horrible boss
Productive and fast past just the way I like it!
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Nevada City, CAMarch 25, 2018
I appreciate the time spent working here! The residents are very sweet and the Co workers are friends and very professional! I appreciate the opportunity to work with such awesome and friendly people!
Pros
Free Lunches
Bad management
LVN staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAMarch 14, 2018
Too many call offs, staff get burned out. Nurses do a lot of work load, they don't have extra help like desk nurse to help with new admits. Floor nurse has to do admits, discharge, calling doctors, fall, putting orders, reading labs on top of heavy med pass.
Pros
co worker are helping each other
Cons
management
Cna
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grass Valley, CANovember 30, 2017
Fast paced, fun environment. Have been through a lot of changes recently but the team looks strong and we are looking forward to good things happening!
Pros
management is fair and has our backs
Good learning experience
License Vocational Nurse- Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Grass Valley, CASeptember 13, 2017
Good learning experience, challenging as new grad nurse, handling resident case without supervision, have to have strong skill management , time management and able to work under pressure.
good place to learn
LVN Treatment Nurse (Current Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAAugust 6, 2017
fast paced
wound care experience
management good
culture good
staffing was the hardest part of the job
pretty enjoyable place to work due to other staff
Hard job and not respected or appreciated
Laundry Aide; Wash and dry linen, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAAugust 8, 2012
The hardest part of my job was the fact that I worked all alone, i wasn't able to socialize at all without getting in trouble from my supervisor. I wasn't respected or appreciated by my boss or any of the other supervisors.
Pros
the pay was good
Cons
hard work, no respect or appreciation, horrible work hours, no benefits
Progressive facility with many recent changes
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAJune 10, 2013
A typical day at work would include admitting and discharging patients. Reporting to nursing team daily condition of patients and follow up.
I have learned the health care industry is changing rapidly and it is essential to be able to adapt.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being a part of helping someone to a better Quality of Life.
Pros
Monday through Friday Position
Cons
benefits not so great
productive fun place to work good people
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  396 Dorsey Dr. Grass Valley, CaNovember 12, 2015
good people employees all hard working fun people team players, Patients also were something to look forward to everyday I came to work and would try to make somebody's day and make them smile no matter how bad they were feeling.
Pros
company had employee appreciation days.
Cons
the people I became close to that passed away was sad, but realistic of a Care Center.
Great potential
RN LTC (Former Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAAugust 30, 2013
Nursing home care. Night shift. Very busy .very little time spent with patient and/or family. Mountains of paperwork all hard copy no computer(EMR) at all. Organization had great possibilities and potential. Enjoyed my patients and their care the most. Most of my co-workers were great. My lack of training on this job was my biggest drawback. 24 hrs for a new hire then straight to night shift. I did not feel this was adequate for a nurse new to LTC. Organization was in transition phase bought out by another corporation.