CSAA Insurance Group Employee Reviews

All the money in the world is not worth it
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 16, 2018
I learned a lot on the job, however it was in spite of numerous challenges and was through my own determination to succeed.

Challenges: Inadequate training, always a lack of enough staff, antiquated computer systems during the first several years I worked there, conscientious employees followed the rules but others did not and did not get penalized but actually got rewarded for it, a human resources department off-site that you could not trust, watching supervisors treat fellow employees horribly (unless you were a favorite), supervisors with no people skills, etc, etc, etc, etc.

If you don't mind playing politics and brown-nosing then by all means this is the place for you!

If you value things other than money--such as honesty, integrity, being treated fairly--don't work here.
Pros
Paycheck and benefits
Cons
Any amount of pay is not worth the negative work environment
November 30, 2018

Sorry to hear you had and unpleasant experience. These characterizations do not reflect who we are as a company. We are always looking for opportunities to improve and rest assured that this feedback is being shared. If you are ever available to do so, we would be happy to connect to discuss your concerns.

Na
Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 12, 2018
I would not recommend working here if any reasonable alternatives are available due to numerous issues that management is not willing to address correctly.
November 30, 2018

We are disappointed to hear that you had an unpleasant experience. That's not what we want for anyone here. Happy to re-connect to discuss your concerns.

Stressful work environment with little opportunity for advancement
IT Service Desk Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 30, 2018
Overall company is good, my specific group however is not. Hard to know where you are performance wise, micromanaged, and generally feel unempowered and unvalued
November 30, 2018

We are saddened to hear that you felt this way about your work experience. We strive to ensure all employees get the support they need to be successful. Hopefully you had an opportunity to share your concerns with your HR representative before you moved on. If not, we would like to learn more if your able to reach out and discuss.

Intergration Engineer V
Systems Integrator V (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 26, 2018
Don't have anything to say, it was great now it is not from what I hear. I will miss the people but not the politics. everyone is out to beat up on the other guy to justify there job and bonus.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
BackStabbing Peers & MGMT everyone is willing to step on someone else to get ahead
November 30, 2018

Our culture seems to have resonated with you and we are happy to hear that. The people here are definitely amazing. Although we may disagree with your other comments, we appreciate you taking the time to share.

Losing site of need for retaining business and product knowledge
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAOctober 23, 2018
Culture it turning to more of an IT focus and they are forgetting about the need for business and product knowledge. May take some time but at some point in the near future this will in my opinion impact the company in a negative way.
Cons
Losing site of the importance of long term business knowledge
November 30, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective. We might not necessarily agree, but we appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback.

Good pay and benefits
ServiceNow Lead Designer (Solution Architect) (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 3, 2018
Management not good, although my supervisor was a great person to work for. Due to mis-management by the top l"operations" leadership; many re-orgs occurred recently and many persons, including myself, lost jobs. Good thing is that the "bad" leadership have also recently been fired by the CIO.
Pros
Good salary & benefits
Cons
Incometent leadership at the Operations team.
October 10, 2018

We are saddened to hear you felt that way while working here. We have great people here and a bright future to look forward to. Thank you for taking the time to share.

Aaa
Total Loss Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 24, 2018
You will be busy all day, call after call. You need a bachelor's to get in the door, to be a call taker. If you have a bachelors you will be able to move up.
Pros
They pay upto $3500 for tuition
Cons
Too stressful
October 10, 2018

We definitely invest in our people and provide opportunities for them to grow into. Thank you for taking the time to share.

Over worked with little support.
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 23, 2018
A typical work day consists of your phone ringing off the hook from the time you start your day until you log out. It's a thankless job no matter how hard you work, or well you do your job. There is a lot of "feeding you with a treats" to keep you sedentary. I see it as a way to make it look like you are getting compensated with food vs. real skills and advancement. Depending on what team you are under the rules are different for how to process claims, which gets confusing.
Pros
Training is the best first working weeks you will have, They try to paint this beautiful picture of a wonderful working place, until you actually start on the floor and it's totally different, from what you were trained to do.
Cons
Work life balance is non-existent, a computer system tells you when you can take off or not, There is not a lot of real support from management, The process changes as quick as the weather, you are required to juggle 20 tasks at once all while being on the phone and the computer, You are not given enough time to mentally process anything.
October 10, 2018

These comments do not reflect who we are. We are sorry to hear that you felt this way about your experience with us. If you are ever available to do so, we would be happy to connect to discuss your concerns.

Good place to learn how to be an adjuster
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 20, 2018
From the time you clock in to the time you clock out, you are on the phone contact insured's and claimants etc. To be successful, don't take things personally. People will yell and cuss at you.
Pros
Benefits, Training
Cons
People that you talk with on the phone yell and cuss at your everyday
October 10, 2018

Thank you for your contributions. We greatly appreciate everything you do for the organization. And thank you for taking the time to share.

Good
BUSINESS PROCESS CONSULTANT III (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 4, 2018
Honestly one of the best companies I ever worked for. Had it not been for a relocation that took me to an undesired location, I would have stayed with the company.
September 6, 2018

Thank you for your contributions and comments. Much appreciated.

Positive place to work
Business Process Consultant (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAAugust 31, 2018
Great teamwork, a lot of collaboration, flexibility with working from home. I was given many opportunities to learn and develop and was able to move to new and higher positions.
September 6, 2018

We definitely invest in our people here. Thank you for taking the time to share.

some departments are over worked
Casualty Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 30, 2018
The position I head had me working 50-60 hours a week but only getting paid for 40 hours, it was a salary position.

Supervisors needs to be trained better.
Best job I ever had
Producer/Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 23, 2018
I started in one department and was promoted to another higher paying department within the company. The upper management makes themselves available to their employees and they honestly care about the people that work for them. It is a fun working environment and they are very accepting of all lifestyles. They have monthly functions to promote a positive working environment. This is a wonderful company with great benefits and working hours.
Pros
good pay, good supervisors, good benefits
Cons
some weekends and holidays are required to work
August 24, 2018

Glad to hear that you had a great experience with us. Thank you for the feedback.

fast paced, friendly environment
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 21, 2018
CSAA is a fast paced environment. Employees are constantly busy throughout the day. I feel that management supports the employees in helping to manage their work flow but they also strive for all employees to have a good life/work balance.
August 24, 2018

Glad to hear that you really thrived here and that you got the support you needed from management. We appreciate you taking the time to share.

Great Company to Work For!
Supervisor, Physical Damage (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 20, 2018
I have been at CSAA IG for 5 years now and I got out of it exactly what I put in. I have worked hard, I worked as a team player, I strived to get to know the business, I applied for other various jobs within the organization, and all of these things combined allowed me to move up into supervision, which I have been doing for 2 years now. The people who put in what they expect to get out, will succeed and the people who expect to be handed things on a silver platter will not. The job can get stressful at times (what job doesn't), but it is totally manageable. The culture in the organization is great: we strive to assist all of our members as quickly and as fairly as possible. The volunteerism in this organization is outstanding and lots of people take advantage of that to help their communities. I highly encourage anyone who is up for a challenge to come work for this company as they can be very successful!
Pros
Good benefits, work life balance, management, atmosphere, company values
August 24, 2018

It's all about finding that great balance, right? Great feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share this.

Wonderful Company
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 16, 2018
CSAA was an amazing company to work for. There is room for continuing your education, advancement and mentoring at all times. Communication is superb and it truly feels at home. Management can be a bit difficult depending on the shift, but that is to be expected in a call center environment.
Advancement is based off of performance and no seniority which is a huge plus and their recognition program is wonderful.
August 24, 2018

There are definitely lots of opportunities to learn and grow one's career here. Thank for taking the time to leave a review. Greatly appreciated.

Work life at CSAA Insurance
Licensed Auto Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJ 08054August 11, 2018
A day at work at CSAA/AAA Insurance included taking customer calls who had been involved in an auto accident. All information pertaining to the accident where put in the claim file. Recorded statements where taken and reserves where opened. Fault of the accident were determined. Repairs were scheduled. Police reports were ordered.
Pros
forfilling to help customers at a stressful time in their life. Every day was unperdictable
Cons
could be very stressful at times
August 24, 2018

Thank you for your contributions while you were with us. And thank for taking the time to share your impressions.

Great workplace
Data Warehouse/ETL/Informatica Lead (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 9, 2018
Not so competitive and always relaxed. They had a table tennis play area where all can meet and play.Work culture in CSAA is always at high par,especially management is so cooperative
August 10, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share these comments. We greatly appreciate it.

The CSAA IG corporate culture includes working from remote
Systems Design Team Lead PM Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAAugust 9, 2018
The CSAA Insurance Group corporate culture includes working from remote with meetings performed over Skype.

At CSAA I have many lessons learned about how to fine tune the listening process when interviewing internal and external customers to better translate their needs into practical Business Requirements with future functionality in mind.
August 24, 2018

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you taking the time to share.

Nice
SENIOR TRAINING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 7, 2018
Great place to work. i have mixed emotions but I think anyone would love to work there. No further comments . i would have liked more raises and days off.
August 10, 2018

We appreciate your candor. Thank you for your feedback. Greatly appreciated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSAA Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.