CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer
Happiness rating is 55 out of 100

CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer Employee Reviews

United States337 reviews

aaaclaiminsuranceworkloadcenterculturebalanceinclusive

Overall, a good company to work for. Fair, structured & competitive wages.

Featured review

CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer selected this as a representative review
Job itself is busy and can be stressful. Good time management is a must. Upper management tends to pay more attention to the "numbers" versus what their employees are saying they need.

Pros

Company made you feel appreciated.

Cons

Insurance claims in general can be a stressful job.

May 13, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. An excellent benefit of working with CSAA is that we truly care about our associates and members. We are proud of the culture we have created together, and hope CSAA will be a place for associates to grow their careers and advance to new heights with us. We appreciate your feedback!

Productive, fun, informative, many activities

It was a good company to work for, as time went by it improved, the systems a d how they interacted with employee's and improved the training of the new hires. Gave you opportunities to learn and grow within the company, earn bonuses by participating in suggestions on how to improve our programs etc, surveys from the clients etc.

Pros

Games to win products, potlucks, recreation in the break room

Cons

Not sure

CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Sense of belonging

What is the best part of working at the company?There was nothing good . Underpaid , understaffed, illegal handling of pick up rate. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Claim volume, expectations and understaffed .What is the work environment and culture like at the company?It was a remote work environment , the at home was a nice thing. What is a typical day like for you at the company?10-15 claims a day, open back log of 300 plus , 40-50 phone calls a day, non stop emails, team messages .

January 19, 2023
We are sorry to learn that working with us has not been a good experience for you. Feedback is important to our leaders, so we appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us. CSAA Insurance Group complies with all applicable laws prohibiting unlawful or dishonest activities. Hearing this kind of feedback is concerning, and we encourage any employee (current or former) who has concerns about their work environment or work experience to contact their HR Representative or the Speak-Up Line, 877-534-0373 (handled by a third-party vendor, available 24/7 and you may remain anonymous if you wish). This will enable us to explore the specific issue(s) in more detail, and address them directly, in the most appropriate manner.

Not for me, but I appreciate the experience

It was a call center job. You would sometimes get very unappreciative customers. Most people were okay. In addition to the customer’s demands, management had a lot of other stipulations; some of their demands were unreasonable.I came to realize early on that this job was not for me. Though it was not for me, I still gained some good people skills and some great customer service experience. Everything I learned made me better at what I do now.I now teach school, which I love. My experience at CSAA helped me to develop in ways that make me more effective where I am now. Though I would not want to go back there, it made me better, and I was lead to where I am now.

Pros

Okay pay and benefits

Cons

Work load can be stressful

January 19, 2023
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for your time at CSAA. Yes, working in a call center can sometimes be challenging, but our frontline associates are outstanding and the cornerstone of our success and our future. It is great to learn that you have drawn on your experience with CSAA, which has enhanced your knowledge and skills for current and future endeavors.

Excellent Place to Work

There is a reason so many CSAA IG employees have decades of longevity with the company. It's a quality place to work, with the excitement and energy of a start-up yet the stability and reputation that comes with a 100+-year-old private company. I am proud to work for a company that does good work and works to do good....

Pros

Quality people, culture and vision

Cons

Working through the new realities of the Future of Work post-Pandemic.

January 19, 2023
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. As a company, we strive for excellence in all our efforts in order to better serve our members. CSAA associates have an unmatched desire to achieve excellence and deliver value to our members. CSAA is committed to fostering a culture of respectful collaboration, celebrating diversity and inclusion, and an emphasis on the total well-being of associates. We are strong, innovative, and focused on delivering quality services to our members, we continue to explore bold ideas and we make strategic decisions to accelerate our vision of the future. We wish you much success and enjoyment at CSAA for many years to come!

Call center

It is good pay for a call center, flexible with schedules, and helpful coworkers. The initial training is basic so there is a lot of learning while you are on a call.

January 15, 2023
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for your feedback. As a team, we have created an environment in which people take pride in the work they do and take care to support the team. Have you discussed your concerns regarding additional training with your manager? If you need any help making the right connections to discuss concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to your local Human Resources representative for assistance. We want you to feel supported.

Review

It has been a pleasure, feel like family working with individuals at CSAA INSURANCE. There is always room for growth and continuing education.This company has helped me enhanced my personal life as well, in many ways.

January 15, 2023
Thank you for taking the time to share your encouraging comments! We are pleased to hear that you are making the most of your career with CSAA. We are dedicated to providing tools to cultivate our associates, such as career development programs and external learning opportunities, as you play a vital role in keeping our company strong and successful. Thank you for your commitment to CSAA and our members!

Good

Overall good place to work. PTO , 401k, medical, dental, vision, life. Pay could be a bit better but not to bad overall. Great to be able to work from home.

January 12, 2023
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased to hear you enjoy working with us at CSAA. We value our associates and our company continues to thrive with your support.

Used to be good

Used to be a good company that embraced diversity and inclusive and supportive of work life balance. New CEO during pandemic made the wrong choices for the company and lost most of his employees. This move saved him money when high paying employees left

January 12, 2023
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, along with your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you felt this way while working with us. One of the advantages of working at CSAA is that we truly care about our associates. CSAA is strongly committed to fostering diversity and inclusion. We understand the value of providing a positive and productive workplace and are committed to fostering a culture of respect and support. We are always looking for opportunities to improve and learn more. Please contact Human Resources if you still have the opportunity to do so.

Good environment, leaders are helpful and quick to assist

As an IT service desk technician you learn a lot about internal applications and external websites. Starting with 0 experience you’re able to learn a alot and advance your career. The only problem I see is be careful who you share your personal information with as not everyone has your best interest at heart. Overall I recommend anyone to apply and get a position here. Great environment and the specific leaders want you to grow.

Super Supportive

The amount of support I feel in this company. TOP TIER. Very loving community. It’s remote but you literally have the support from EVERYONE. You do not feel left behind or lost in the limbo.

January 12, 2023
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's wonderful to hear you are enjoying your time with us. Creating a positive experience for all of our associates is what we strive for every day.

What A Joke

I came to CSAA from Farmers. The pay at CSAA was less, benefits were a joke, and the organization sucked. People in management had IQs that were about half their height. My immediate supervisor was a total bean head. If you like being micromanaged mi total ignoramuses, it is a wonderful place.

January 12, 2023
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are disappointed to hear that you felt this way about your experience. We are always looking for opportunities to improve. Please reach out to HR if you are still available to do so.

What is the best part of working at the company?The management team cares about your development What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The time it takes to make a change What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very friendly and supportive What is a typical day like for you at the company?Just do what you’re hired to do

October 28, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your insights and feedback with us. One of the great things about working with CSAA is that we really care about our associates and our members. We are proud of the culture we have built together and hope that CSAA will be a place where associates can grow their careers and reach new heights with us. If you are available to do so, we would be happy to connect to discuss your concerns, please reach out to Human Resources, as we are always looking for opportunities to grow and learn more.

Claim Adjuster

I enjoy the position a lot, however I can’t seem to keep up with the metrics required. I want to do good work and I mostly enjoy doing it, but I am constantly stressed that my numbers won’t be what they want. Usually always very close, but not consistently exactly where they want it to be. The metrics are the most important thing and it can be stressful. Been here 7 months.

October 27, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for your commitment to CSAA and our members! It's great to hear how much you enjoy your position at CSSA! We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties in maintaining the department/company-established metrics. We understand the importance of providing a positive and supportive work environment. Our goal is to make sure all associates have the support they need and we continually look for opportunities for improvement. Have you spoken to your manager about your concerns? If you need any help making the right connections to discuss concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to your local Human Resource representative for assistance, we want you to feel supported.

Flexible

The company has embraced the flexible work environment and the pay is pretty good, but management is dismal, every claims job is essentially a call center job, the service provided makes it that I would never get this insurance for myself.

September 18, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review along with your feedback. At CSAA, we understand the importance of providing a positive work environment and are committed to fostering a culture of respect and support. We take all feedback seriously and are always looking for opportunities to improve and learn more.If you need any help making the right connections to discuss your concerns, do not hesitate to reach out to your local Human Resources representative for assistance.

na

great job and pay, long hours but compensated well. fully remote many meetings. attentive staff, great training. they really push you up for greatness.

September 16, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your experience with CSAA. Building a positive experience for all our associates is what we aspire to every day.

Poor management

Even though it’s a call center, they don’t run it like a call center. No set guidelines and management doesn’t know how to manage people. They talk down to you as if you are their child. Pay is above insurance sales industry. But not all money is good money. CSAA send all management to management training on how to deal with staff. Set guidelines and stick to them from day one.

September 16, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, along with your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you felt this way while working with us. One of the advantages of working at CSAA is that we truly care about our associates. At CSAA, we understand the value of providing a positive and productive workplace and are committed to fostering a culture of respect and support. We are always looking for opportunities to improve and learn more. Please contact Human Resources if you still have the opportunity to do so.

Wonderful company!!

The Company Culture at CSAA IG is UNMATCHED!! They truly care about their employees and it goes so beyond the benefits you are given. They have ALL kinds of INCLUSIVE programs to support the physical, mental, and social well being. They PAY US AND HELP US TO BE HEALTHY!! Not even kidding. I started as a WFH Contractor and was able to apply for a Permanent position within 5 months and once my contract was over they switched me over to WFH FTE with full benefits! I didn't have to worry as I my position was ready. THEY give everyone that puts 110% a chance. In the past, I've had to leave jobs because of the TOXIC culture toward the LGBTQIA Community and People of Color. NOT HERE! They value amd appreciate ALL their employees. So many perks, for instance Telehome workers get a $50 stipend toward their ISP! My coworkers, managers, supervisors, etc ROCK! If you care about helping others, this is the place for you!

September 10, 2022
Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us and we agree that CSAA is a great place to work! An excellent benefit of working with CSAA is that we truly care about our associates and members. Our associates are a key component of our organizational strategy and have an unparalleled passion for providing value and excellence in meeting the needs of our members. CSAA is committed to fostering a respectful and collaborative culture. We celebrate diversity and inclusion and focus on total associate wellness. We are proud of the culture we have built together and hope that CSAA will be a place where associates can grow their careers and reach new heights with us. Thank you for your dedication to CSAA and our members!

Used to be AAA

But the reputation this company once had as the go-to for help on the road is only a selling point for its quest toward dramatic growth and riches for the ex-Allstate CEO. Watch. It should be horrifying.

September 10, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you felt this way while working with us. Should you be available to do so, please contact Human Resources to discuss your review in further detail.

Coldhearted, fire you without notice or communication

The pitch they provide is good about quality of quantity but they don't mean what they say. Throughout my occupation with them and mistakes I caught and lifes I help save, I was let go without a warning and all my computer access was cut off and I thought I had computer problems and they just let me go without saying anything. Agency they hire through called me to inform me after many attempts of trying to access the system. They let me work 4 hours and then cut me off. They keep training so you are replaceable with the next. No security at anytime you can be let go without a notice of any kind. They demand higher out put with system crashes repeatedly.

August 3, 2022
Thank you for your feedback. Should you be available to do so, please reach out to Human Resources to discuss your concerns.

they expect too much from the employees- my co-workers were outstanding

since csaa has gone in a different direction from when I started all I did was open claims do what I could and then send to another adjuster to do the follow up

August 3, 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you felt this way while working with us. Our goal is to ensure all employees have the support they need and look for continuous improvement opportunities. If you are still able to do so, please reach out to Human Resources to share any details about your experience with us.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.5Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
3.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight