CSAA Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Sounds Good At First
Developer (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 18, 2018
Coming in the door, the job sounds exciting. Then, after a year or so, the lack of innovation, failure to promote from within, development of employees, etc. kicks in. It seems that employees who have been around along time are part of the "in" crowd. Every one else is replaceable.
Pros
Benefits, tuition reimbursement, salary
Cons
No advancement, no innovation, no real growth
July 19, 2018

Thank you for your candor. We continue to explore ways to offer development opportunities for employees. The Velocity program is just one way we're tackling this. Employees are welcome to offer suggestions for opportunities to improve by submitting ideas at our Innovation Hub.

productive
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 10, 2018
This was one of the best jobs i had. I definitely learned alot and it shaped me into the person i am today. The skills learned were used and incorporated in my other jobs.
Pros
diverse enviornment
Cons
short breaks
July 19, 2018

Thank you for this feedback and taking the time to share. Hopefully there's an opportunity to reconnect down the road.

CSAA is a great place to contract
Talent Acquisition Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 26, 2018
CSAA is a great place to contract. They truly make you feel like you are part of the team and your contributions and input matter. The Glendale center was recently updated and it is beautiful!
June 29, 2018

Thank you for the feedback and your service. We do truly care about our employees.

Clear vision and values
Manager (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 25, 2018
Organization is mature which offers stability but is slow to pursue technology changes and thereby meet desires of customers. Supports leadership development and volunteerism.
Pros
Stable company
Cons
Not innovative
June 29, 2018

We welcome candor and transparency from all employees. Thank you for your feedback.

Bad people
Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 25, 2018
This job keeps you busy which isn't so bad. The people are terrible though. One half of the people are like they just got out of prison, what with the facial tattoos and such. The other half act like hitler youth. What a company!
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
June 29, 2018

We are disappointed to see these comments. Your description of our employees is inaccurate.

Unproductive and hateful place to work
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 24, 2018
Everyone here is a jerk and they could never make it in the real world at a real job. Some of the grossest people on the planet all assembled in one smelly contact center. Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Blank
Cons
People and enviroment
June 29, 2018

We are quite proud of our employees. They word hard to support AAA members and broader communities. If you have specific challenges you would like to address, please reach out to your local HR representative.

Terrible workplace culture
Executive (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 22, 2018
AAA I'm sure has some good qualities, but, whatever that maybe is eclipsed by their horrible workplace culture. It's probably not that bad in all locations, but, in Glendale AZ it is borderline insane. The people working there shouldn't work anywhere, including here.
Pros
Above average extra benifits
Cons
The people
June 29, 2018

We are sorry to hear that you feel this way about your experience with us. If you are ever available to do so, HR would be happy to connect to discuss your concerns.

Overworked and underpaid
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 22, 2018
AAA creates so many meaningless projects and all of their systems are old and falling apart. As a result, there is a lot of endless work to do here. They pay under market value and work you like a mule. The racist ex military employees believe lying and backstabbing are the best way to get ahead. Terrible place to work.
Pros
not much that other jobs can offer
Cons
The people
June 29, 2018

We strive for an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued. Please reach out to your local HR representative and provide details so that we can learn more about your work experience.

Gross company to work for
Executive Secretary (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 22, 2018
A typical day at work would be your co-workers berating and degrading you any which way they can to get you to quit your job. I learned that people are only out for themselves here and they are OK with sabotaging your work to get ahead. Management is clueless and plays favorites. The workplace culture is gross. The hardest part of the job is putting up with the people who work here. There is no enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Cons
Workplace
June 29, 2018

We are saddened to hear that you feel this way about your work experience and would like to learn more if possible. We strive for an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued. Please reach out to your local HR representative so that we can discuss the details further.

No fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 22, 2018
This job is boring, the people are stupid and there is no career advancement. The hallways smell and the florescent lights make my brain hurt. Most of the people here do not know how to do their jobs.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Work enviroment
June 29, 2018

Although we do not agree with everything that is mentioned here, we welcome feedback.

Bad company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 21, 2018
I don't even know where to begin with this place. Basically there are two types of people here. The ones being put upon and the jerks. I'm using nice words here. The jerks are wanna be alpha males who incessantly argue about everything because they believe they are right and should be running the place, so, nothing ever gets done. Upper management in California acts like it's afraid of it's own staff, so, they don't do anything except setup hot yoga classes and pretend everything is fine.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Work enviroment
June 29, 2018

We are disappointed to hear that you feel this way. We strive to maintain an open dialogue with employees at all levels. Please consider reaching out to your local HR rep so that we can discuss your concerns in detail.

Low expectations
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 21, 2018
This is a boring, low paying job that offers no advancement. The people are stuck up and full of themselves. Cafe is overpriced and it's an ugly contact center with old computer equipment.
Pros
They'll hire anybody
Cons
The work experience
June 29, 2018

Thank you for your candor, though we are disappointed to hear that you feel this way. If you have ideas or suggests for opportunities to improve, please consider visiting our Innovation Hub.

Just a bad place to work
Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 19, 2018
Low pay, low morale, old ideas, old systems, no career advancement. Terrible people to work with that are stuck in the past. Absent management. Let's face it, the world doesn't need another insurance company. Why work here and be part of the problem?
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Work enviroment, pay and career advancement
June 21, 2018

We disagree and hope you consider reaching out to your local HR representative so that we can discuss your concerns.

Stupid
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 19, 2018
Since I have worked at AAA I have been asked about my religious beliefs, my politics and my orientation. The people here are loud mouth idiots that act like they just crawled out of a hole in the desert. Management turns a blind eye and ear to it all.
Pros
The job
Cons
The people
June 21, 2018

The comments here do not reflect who we are. Please reach out to your local HR rep if you are available to discuss your concerns.

Great Company
Insurance Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJune 18, 2018
It is an amazing company to work for. Volunteering is an important aspect of CSAA, they even give you time off and pay you to do so. They care about the employee input of how we can improve the workplace and the company.
June 21, 2018

Thank you so much for the feedback. We are quite proud of our volunteer efforts and making an impact in the community.

CSAA Insurance Group Review
Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma CityJune 18, 2018
AAA provides employees many opportunities for advancement provided you care about the business and your brand. The company likes to promote from within and provide opportunities to expand your skill set whether it is in claims, customer service, or a specialty role. This was the most enjoyable part of the my work-day because I was able to get hands-on experience.

Diversity is key at AAA and the company has done well promoting an environment of inclusion to make employees feel welcome. Their stance is that diversity allows the company to come up with different ideas and ways to engage with clients and the community. The company likes to use this to its advantage in the insurance world.

As with any job, there will always be ups and downs concerning management. However, it's your investment which will determine the type of relationship you will have with your peers and management. The company does promote an open-door policy for employees to share concerns or ideas without the threat of retaliation (assuming there is a problem).

AAA is a great company to work for if you are looking to enter the insurance world as a career because they will teach you the fundamentals which can help your development. However, unless you are located in a AAA contact center in Arizona or California, you will quickly realize that higher level advancement is only possible is you move to either of those states.
Pros
Development opportunities, schedule flexibility, inclusion...
Cons
Advancement is limited at times, micromanagement depending on role...
June 21, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share. We greatly appreciate it.

Great Company
Executive (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 12, 2018
CSAA Insurance Group is a smaller company but one made up of friendly and supportive people who truly believe in the company's values. The company has a strong character and is in a good business. Working environments are great.
Pros
Strong meaningful values. Good culture
Cons
Smaller company
June 14, 2018

We have extraordinary people that work here. Thank you for taking the time to share.

Awesome Place to Work!
Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 5, 2018
They sure know how to keep the atmosphere light! Working insurance obviously can get pretty stressful and seem dreary but they make sure to put pep in our step pretty often with lots of engagement activities and food truck Fridays. Awesome pay, awesome employee benefits and you also get the benefits of being a AAA member which is great!
Pros
great managment, fun environment, great benefits
Cons
30 minute lunches, strict attendance policy
June 7, 2018

The food trucks are great! Thank you for taking the time to share.

friendly work environment
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 4, 2018
AAA provides an exciting and teamwork oriented work environment. Competitive benefits, a platform to submit and track process improvement ideas in real time and above average advancement opportunities
Pros
good team collaboration
Cons
questionable underwriting practices
fun environment with positive culture
Insurance Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Mt. Laurel, NJMay 25, 2018
nice people nice environment
culture and people are amazing to work with and location was perfect for commuting. Helpful co workers and staff always there to help out
Pros
lunches and pay
Cons
workload
June 7, 2018

Our "Mix It Up" events are one way we like to have fun. Thank you for sharing!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSAA Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight