CSAA Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Obvious Favoritism, Uncaring Management
Subrogation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 8, 2019
The managers here are the most uncaring people I have ever worked for. They have their favorites, and it is VERY obvious when you are not one of them. The workload is overwhelming, to say the least. The managers are all about themselves and micro manage your every move. You are judged on your performance, and when you are not hitting the goals, you are degraded. They offer no assistance or advice on how to improve, they simply take the "fix it or else" approach. In my many years here, I have had one manager that cared to help me further my career. I only stay because sadly, the money is good.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Management is HORRIBLE
Micromanaging, racism, sexism
Licensed Insurance Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 4, 2019
Don’t work here if you are a minority. They look down on promoting diversity into leadership, helping people with different sexual orientations succeed, and there are several supervisors who show favoritism with male employees. You are constantly being micromanaged. Need to spend more than 3-5 minutes in the bathroom? Good luck. Need to take a 5 minute breather after someone yells at you on the other end of the phone for 2 hours? Good luck. Not only is the work environment unfriendly and shady, but the job itself is so tiring. You spend 8-10 hours of the day talking to rude people. You’re rewarded with a 30 minute lunch and two 15 minute breaks. (Never at consistent times). Your schedule will vary everyday, and you will never have a weekend off. Supervisors are terrible, upper management is even worse. You will never be coached or guided like you are at other jobs. If you insist on working here, use them to get the free licensing, and run to a job with a better employee environment.
Pros
Pays for licensing, good benefits, promotes health and wellness
Cons
Micromanagement, bias, grueling job, awful superiors
March 8, 2019

We would never tolerate the conduct stated above. We currently have no awareness of such behavior and would appreciate the opportunity to investigate further. Allegations like this should be reported via our anonymous ethics hotline which is shared with all employees and available on our employee intranet. Of course, anything reported is fully investigated and addressed, as appropriate.

Keep looking..
IT Engineer (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZFebruary 27, 2019
Keep looking.. I had 8 managers in 3 years. The constant changes in management makes it very difficult to know the company priorities or acknowledge those of us that that believe in quality work.
Pros
everyone leave a 4pm
March 1, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. You’re right - there has been considerable change. But we also recognize the need to transform ourselves into an organization that’s designed to deliver capabilities in a fast-changing, highly competitive market. We understand that changes can be unsettling and there will be a wide range of responses. That’s normal.

Ok place to work
Sr. Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 22, 2019
Co-workers are out for themselves and will throw you under the bus very fast. Newer management needs to learn how to stand up to their direct reports and not let them take advantage of newer employees. This will shorten the turnover rate.
March 1, 2019

Although it's not clear what the specifics are of your experience, we would like to discuss. Please contact your HR representative so that we can learn more. We want to ensure that you are getting the support that you need.

Awesome enviroment
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 20, 2019
The people were all friendly including management. There was always overtime available. They were pretty flexible with the scheduling if you had something you need to do. Also they would allow you to be creative with your work. Additionally, you were able to be collaborative with your skills and knowledge so everyone was on the same page
Pros
great pay and enviroment
Cons
You are not a person just a number
March 1, 2019

We truly value collaboration at CSAA Insurance Group. Thank you for your contributions and taking the time to share

Don't be tricked like me
Claims Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 7, 2019
I was recruited by CSAA. I gave up a job that I liked for more money and found myself trapped in a job that encourages people to work at an extremely fast paced with an extremely heavy workload. Often times, people work off the clock to keep up. The management is aware but looks the other way for the sake of good stats for the center they're in. Furthermore, work life balance is something they harp on but quickly toss out the window for the various clubs that the company offers for employees to partake in, probably so they can continue to do their real jobs for free. If you do not partake in these clubs it is used against you as a reflection of your dedication to the company. If you are out sick or vacation, your customer service based job is left to sit so that you can deal with the plethora of angry customers when you return. So you are actively berated for taking the time, no matter the occasion, by the customers so the management doesn't do it themselves.
Pros
pay
Cons
heavy work load, angry customers, high deductible healthcare plans
February 13, 2019

We are sorry to hear that that this has been your experience. Please reach out to your local HR representative so that we can discuss the details of your concerns.

Really good culture and getting better
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJanuary 31, 2019
I really enjoyed working at CSAA. There are a lot of smart and respectable people working there. It is a highly collaborative environment where management encourages and empowers the teams to be innovative in achieving the company goals. They challenge the employees to be leaders and think like owners. CSAA values their workforce and customers, as well as gives back to the communities in which they do business. It’s great to see a company that cares about people.
February 13, 2019

Excellent! Thank you for your comments and taking the time to share.

Awesome Place To Work
Licenesed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Hamilton Square, NJJanuary 21, 2019
I am a current, licensed insurance agent at CSAA and I love my job, The management, pay, and work environment are amazing and I tell all my friends and family about them. I've actually referred several people I know and they now see what I mean for themselves. It may be a little difficult to get into the company, but once you're in--you're in and you will most likely enjoy your time here.
Pros
Pay, diversity, training, mamagement, employee socials, lunch/dinner parties, recognition for your hard work.
Cons
Business hours, heavy call volume during peak hours
February 13, 2019

Thank you for the great feedback. We appreciated you taking the time to share.

average
Sr. Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CADecember 5, 2018
its average company to work for. It gives 5 weeks for vacation. It is a top heavy company which is trying to flatten its org structure. It still has a long way to go
All the money in the world is not worth it
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 16, 2018
I learned a lot on the job, however it was in spite of numerous challenges and was through my own determination to succeed.

Challenges: Inadequate training, always a lack of enough staff, antiquated computer systems during the first several years I worked there, conscientious employees followed the rules but others did not and did not get penalized but actually got rewarded for it, a human resources department off-site that you could not trust, watching supervisors treat fellow employees horribly (unless you were a favorite), supervisors with no people skills, etc, etc, etc, etc.

If you don't mind playing politics and brown-nosing then by all means this is the place for you!

If you value things other than money--such as honesty, integrity, being treated fairly--don't work here.
Pros
Paycheck and benefits
Cons
Any amount of pay is not worth the negative work environment
November 30, 2018

Sorry to hear you had and unpleasant experience. These characterizations do not reflect who we are as a company. We are always looking for opportunities to improve and rest assured that this feedback is being shared. If you are ever available to do so, we would be happy to connect to discuss your concerns.

Na
Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 12, 2018
I would not recommend working here if any reasonable alternatives are available due to numerous issues that management is not willing to address correctly.
November 30, 2018

We are disappointed to hear that you had an unpleasant experience. That's not what we want for anyone here. Happy to re-connect to discuss your concerns.

Stressful work environment with little opportunity for advancement
IT Service Desk Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 30, 2018
Overall company is good, my specific group however is not. Hard to know where you are performance wise, micromanaged, and generally feel unempowered and unvalued
November 30, 2018

We are saddened to hear that you felt this way about your work experience. We strive to ensure all employees get the support they need to be successful. Hopefully you had an opportunity to share your concerns with your HR representative before you moved on. If not, we would like to learn more if your able to reach out and discuss.

Intergration Engineer V
Systems Integrator V (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 26, 2018
Don't have anything to say, it was great now it is not from what I hear. I will miss the people but not the politics. everyone is out to beat up on the other guy to justify there job and bonus.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
BackStabbing Peers & MGMT everyone is willing to step on someone else to get ahead
November 30, 2018

Our culture seems to have resonated with you and we are happy to hear that. The people here are definitely amazing. Although we may disagree with your other comments, we appreciate you taking the time to share.

Losing site of need for retaining business and product knowledge
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAOctober 23, 2018
Culture it turning to more of an IT focus and they are forgetting about the need for business and product knowledge. May take some time but at some point in the near future this will in my opinion impact the company in a negative way.
Cons
Losing site of the importance of long term business knowledge
November 30, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective. We might not necessarily agree, but we appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback.

Good pay and benefits
ServiceNow Lead Designer (Solution Architect) (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 3, 2018
Management not good, although my supervisor was a great person to work for. Due to mis-management by the top l"operations" leadership; many re-orgs occurred recently and many persons, including myself, lost jobs. Good thing is that the "bad" leadership have also recently been fired by the CIO.
Pros
Good salary & benefits
Cons
Incometent leadership at the Operations team.
October 10, 2018

We are saddened to hear you felt that way while working here. We have great people here and a bright future to look forward to. Thank you for taking the time to share.

Aaa
Total Loss Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 24, 2018
You will be busy all day, call after call. You need a bachelor's to get in the door, to be a call taker. If you have a bachelors you will be able to move up.
Pros
They pay upto $3500 for tuition
Cons
Too stressful
October 10, 2018

We definitely invest in our people and provide opportunities for them to grow into. Thank you for taking the time to share.

Over worked with little support.
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 23, 2018
A typical work day consists of your phone ringing off the hook from the time you start your day until you log out. It's a thankless job no matter how hard you work, or well you do your job. There is a lot of "feeding you with a treats" to keep you sedentary. I see it as a way to make it look like you are getting compensated with food vs. real skills and advancement. Depending on what team you are under the rules are different for how to process claims, which gets confusing.
Pros
Training is the best first working weeks you will have, They try to paint this beautiful picture of a wonderful working place, until you actually start on the floor and it's totally different, from what you were trained to do.
Cons
Work life balance is non-existent, a computer system tells you when you can take off or not, There is not a lot of real support from management, The process changes as quick as the weather, you are required to juggle 20 tasks at once all while being on the phone and the computer, You are not given enough time to mentally process anything.
October 10, 2018

These comments do not reflect who we are. We are sorry to hear that you felt this way about your experience with us. If you are ever available to do so, we would be happy to connect to discuss your concerns.

Good place to learn how to be an adjuster
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 20, 2018
From the time you clock in to the time you clock out, you are on the phone contact insured's and claimants etc. To be successful, don't take things personally. People will yell and cuss at you.
Pros
Benefits, Training
Cons
People that you talk with on the phone yell and cuss at your everyday
October 10, 2018

Thank you for your contributions. We greatly appreciate everything you do for the organization. And thank you for taking the time to share.

Good
BUSINESS PROCESS CONSULTANT III (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 4, 2018
Honestly one of the best companies I ever worked for. Had it not been for a relocation that took me to an undesired location, I would have stayed with the company.
September 6, 2018

Thank you for your contributions and comments. Much appreciated.

Positive place to work
Business Process Consultant (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAAugust 31, 2018
Great teamwork, a lot of collaboration, flexibility with working from home. I was given many opportunities to learn and develop and was able to move to new and higher positions.
September 6, 2018

We definitely invest in our people here. Thank you for taking the time to share.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSAA Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss