CSAA Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great workplace
Data Warehouse/ETL/Informatica Lead (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 9, 2018
Not so competitive and always relaxed. They had a table tennis play area where all can meet and play.Work culture in CSAA is always at high par,especially management is so cooperative
August 10, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share these comments. We greatly appreciate it.

The CSAA IG corporate culture includes working from remote
Systems Design Team Lead PM Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAAugust 9, 2018
The CSAA Insurance Group corporate culture includes working from remote with meetings performed over Skype.

At CSAA I have many lessons learned about how to fine tune the listening process when interviewing internal and external customers to better translate their needs into practical Business Requirements with future functionality in mind.
Nice
SENIOR TRAINING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 7, 2018
Great place to work. i have mixed emotions but I think anyone would love to work there. No further comments . i would have liked more raises and days off.
August 10, 2018

We appreciate your candor. Thank you for your feedback. Greatly appreciated.

Poor management
Employee (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 4, 2018
Employed there for almost 7 years and you feel like another number. Most employees working there have been there for less than 5 years and they are always trying to hire many new agents. Some employees almost make 3 years there but are either fired due to not passing their insurance license exam or quitting feeling mislead they had a chance for advancement. You cannot go to HR, they will alert your supervisor of issue you expressed then you are the trouble maker. Existing employees are not considered for possible advancement; they now work in tiers which tend to belittle the employee with low title.
Management is not as friendly as they appear, backstabbing employees and even to each other. Employees that have been there longer than 7 years mentioned it was a great place when it was first open, lots of incentives, you felt appreciated and advancement was based on your achievements, hard work on projects and not who you know.
Pros
Health benefits, cáfe onsite and on bus route
Cons
Favoritism, no gym onsite, micro-managed, horrible training, computer systems constantly going down while trying to do your job and diversity is not there.
August 10, 2018

These comments do not reflect who we are. We are sorry to hear that you felt this way about your experience with us. If you are ever available to do so, we would be happy to connect to discuss your concerns.

Good entry level insurance position
Customer service agent (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJuly 30, 2018
Good place to start an insurance career.
Training is fully paid, atmosphere is relaxed and low-pressure.
Pay isn't ok for an entry level position and benefits are good.
Job itself is stressful due to upset customers and turnover happens.
However, management is supportive and morale is good.
If you can gut it out there is room for advancement.
August 1, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share. There's a lot to be proud about at CSAA Insurance Group, including our robust community involvement efforts. We are always looking for opportunities to improve upon processes and welcome ideas from all levels of the organization.

Sounds Good At First
Developer (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 18, 2018
Coming in the door, the job sounds exciting. Then, after a year or so, the lack of innovation, failure to promote from within, development of employees, etc. kicks in. It seems that employees who have been around along time are part of the "in" crowd. Every one else is replaceable.
Pros
Benefits, tuition reimbursement, salary
Cons
No advancement, no innovation, no real growth
July 19, 2018

Thank you for your candor. We continue to explore ways to offer development opportunities for employees. The Velocity program is just one way we're tackling this. Employees are welcome to offer suggestions for opportunities to improve by submitting ideas at our Innovation Hub.

productive
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 10, 2018
This was one of the best jobs i had. I definitely learned alot and it shaped me into the person i am today. The skills learned were used and incorporated in my other jobs.
Pros
diverse enviornment
Cons
short breaks
July 19, 2018

Thank you for this feedback and taking the time to share. Hopefully there's an opportunity to reconnect down the road.

The work routine needs to be revised and the pay is not sufficient
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 1, 2018
I work in a call center where calls constantly come in. We have a high inflow of new claims that we are suppose to address each day, and we have at least 2 hours per day where we are on open time, and unable to touch our own claims. When the claim volume is down, the demands are ok. The problem is, when the claim demand is high, we are expected to complete all new claims, return every call, answer all of our daily activities, and answer each incoming new call within the 8 hour period. When the employees are bombarded with new claims, this is impossible. Customers get very angry when you do not get to them in a timely manner, and it is reflected in customer service surveys. Management needs to do one of the following: 1. Allow employees to work the number of hours necessary to meet the demand of the claim volume. 2. Reduce our workload. 3. Make it so the customer service survey does not count when we are overloaded with new claims.

Also, my take home pay is less than half of what it used to be at my previous job. I pay more for my benefits, while my deductible is higher and the services are lower. It is because of the low pay that I am looking for employment elsewhere. I can't afford to work here anymore.
Pros
The people are basically nice.
Cons
Overworked and underpaid.
July 9, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you feel this way about your work experience. We want to ensure that our employees thrive here. If possible, HR would be happy to connect to discuss your concerns.

CSAA is a great place to contract
Talent Acquisition Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 26, 2018
CSAA is a great place to contract. They truly make you feel like you are part of the team and your contributions and input matter. The Glendale center was recently updated and it is beautiful!
June 29, 2018

Thank you for the feedback and your service. We do truly care about our employees.

Clear vision and values
Manager (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 25, 2018
Organization is mature which offers stability but is slow to pursue technology changes and thereby meet desires of customers. Supports leadership development and volunteerism.
Pros
Stable company
Cons
Not innovative
June 29, 2018

We welcome candor and transparency from all employees. Thank you for your feedback.

Bad people
Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 25, 2018
This job keeps you busy which isn't so bad. The people are terrible though. One half of the people are like they just got out of prison, what with the facial tattoos and such. The other half act like hitler youth. What a company!
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
June 29, 2018

We are disappointed to see these comments. Your description of our employees is inaccurate.

Unproductive and hateful place to work
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 24, 2018
Everyone here is a jerk and they could never make it in the real world at a real job. Some of the grossest people on the planet all assembled in one smelly contact center. Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Blank
Cons
People and enviroment
June 29, 2018

We are quite proud of our employees. They word hard to support AAA members and broader communities. If you have specific challenges you would like to address, please reach out to your local HR representative.

Terrible workplace culture
Executive (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 22, 2018
AAA I'm sure has some good qualities, but, whatever that maybe is eclipsed by their horrible workplace culture. It's probably not that bad in all locations, but, in Glendale AZ it is borderline insane. The people working there shouldn't work anywhere, including here.
Pros
Above average extra benifits
Cons
The people
June 29, 2018

We are sorry to hear that you feel this way about your experience with us. If you are ever available to do so, HR would be happy to connect to discuss your concerns.

Overworked and underpaid
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 22, 2018
AAA creates so many meaningless projects and all of their systems are old and falling apart. As a result, there is a lot of endless work to do here. They pay under market value and work you like a mule. The racist ex military employees believe lying and backstabbing are the best way to get ahead. Terrible place to work.
Pros
not much that other jobs can offer
Cons
The people
June 29, 2018

We strive for an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued. Please reach out to your local HR representative and provide details so that we can learn more about your work experience.

Gross company to work for
Executive Secretary (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 22, 2018
A typical day at work would be your co-workers berating and degrading you any which way they can to get you to quit your job. I learned that people are only out for themselves here and they are OK with sabotaging your work to get ahead. Management is clueless and plays favorites. The workplace culture is gross. The hardest part of the job is putting up with the people who work here. There is no enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Cons
Workplace
June 29, 2018

We are saddened to hear that you feel this way about your work experience and would like to learn more if possible. We strive for an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued. Please reach out to your local HR representative so that we can discuss the details further.

No fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 22, 2018
This job is boring, the people are stupid and there is no career advancement. The hallways smell and the florescent lights make my brain hurt. Most of the people here do not know how to do their jobs.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Work enviroment
June 29, 2018

Although we do not agree with everything that is mentioned here, we welcome feedback.

Bad company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 21, 2018
I don't even know where to begin with this place. Basically there are two types of people here. The ones being put upon and the jerks. I'm using nice words here. The jerks are wanna be alpha males who incessantly argue about everything because they believe they are right and should be running the place, so, nothing ever gets done. Upper management in California acts like it's afraid of it's own staff, so, they don't do anything except setup hot yoga classes and pretend everything is fine.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Work enviroment
June 29, 2018

We are disappointed to hear that you feel this way. We strive to maintain an open dialogue with employees at all levels. Please consider reaching out to your local HR rep so that we can discuss your concerns in detail.

Low expectations
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 21, 2018
This is a boring, low paying job that offers no advancement. The people are stuck up and full of themselves. Cafe is overpriced and it's an ugly contact center with old computer equipment.
Pros
They'll hire anybody
Cons
The work experience
June 29, 2018

Thank you for your candor, though we are disappointed to hear that you feel this way. If you have ideas or suggests for opportunities to improve, please consider visiting our Innovation Hub.

Just a bad place to work
Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 19, 2018
Low pay, low morale, old ideas, old systems, no career advancement. Terrible people to work with that are stuck in the past. Absent management. Let's face it, the world doesn't need another insurance company. Why work here and be part of the problem?
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Work enviroment, pay and career advancement
June 21, 2018

We disagree and hope you consider reaching out to your local HR representative so that we can discuss your concerns.

Stupid
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 19, 2018
Since I have worked at AAA I have been asked about my religious beliefs, my politics and my orientation. The people here are loud mouth idiots that act like they just crawled out of a hole in the desert. Management turns a blind eye and ear to it all.
Pros
The job
Cons
The people
June 21, 2018

The comments here do not reflect who we are. Please reach out to your local HR rep if you are available to discuss your concerns.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSAA Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight