CSAA Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Good pay and benefits
ServiceNow Lead Designer (Solution Architect) (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 3, 2018
Management not good, although my supervisor was a great person to work for. Due to mis-management by the top l"operations" leadership; many re-orgs occurred recently and many persons, including myself, lost jobs. Good thing is that the "bad" leadership have also recently been fired by the CIO.
Pros
Good salary & benefits
Cons
Incometent leadership at the Operations team.
October 10, 2018

We are saddened to hear you felt that way while working here. We have great people here and a bright future to look forward to. Thank you for taking the time to share.

Over worked with little support.
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 23, 2018
A typical work day consists of your phone ringing off the hook from the time you start your day until you log out. It's a thankless job no matter how hard you work, or well you do your job. There is a lot of "feeding you with a treats" to keep you sedentary. I see it as a way to make it look like you are getting compensated with food vs. real skills and advancement. Depending on what team you are under the rules are different for how to process claims, which gets confusing.
Pros
Training is the best first working weeks you will have, They try to paint this beautiful picture of a wonderful working place, until you actually start on the floor and it's totally different, from what you were trained to do.
Cons
Work life balance is non-existent, a computer system tells you when you can take off or not, There is not a lot of real support from management, The process changes as quick as the weather, you are required to juggle 20 tasks at once all while being on the phone and the computer, You are not given enough time to mentally process anything.
October 10, 2018

These comments do not reflect who we are. We are sorry to hear that you felt this way about your experience with us. If you are ever available to do so, we would be happy to connect to discuss your concerns.

Good place to learn how to be an adjuster
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 20, 2018
From the time you clock in to the time you clock out, you are on the phone contact insured's and claimants etc. To be successful, don't take things personally. People will yell and cuss at you.
Pros
Benefits, Training
Cons
People that you talk with on the phone yell and cuss at your everyday
October 10, 2018

Thank you for your contributions. We greatly appreciate everything you do for the organization. And thank you for taking the time to share.

All the money in the world is not worth it
Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 10, 2018
There were so many challenges from the beginning and continued up until the time I left--inadequate training, always a lack of enough staff, antiquated computer systems, conscientious employees followed the rules but others did not and did not get penalized for it, a human resources department off-site that you could not trust, watching supervisors treat fellow employees horribly (unless you were a favorite), supervisors with no people skills, etc, etc, etc, etc.

I learned a lot on the job, however it was in spite of numerous challenges and was through my own determination to succeed. The majority of people I worked with throughout the years had enough sense to quit and find something better.

If you don't mind playing politics and brown-nosing (and being related to someone in order to get the job), then by all means this is the place for you!

If you value things other than money--such as your family, health, sanity, honesty, integrity, being treated fairly--don't work here.
Pros
Paycheck and benefits
Cons
Any amount of pay is not worth the abuse you endure
September 11, 2018

We are saddened to hear that you felt this way during your time with us. The environment you describe does not reflect who we are. If you are willing and available to do so, we would be happy to connect and learn more about the details of your experience.

Good
BUSINESS PROCESS CONSULTANT III (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 4, 2018
Honestly one of the best companies I ever worked for. Had it not been for a relocation that took me to an undesired location, I would have stayed with the company.
September 6, 2018

Thank you for your contributions and comments. Much appreciated.

Positive place to work
Business Process Consultant (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAAugust 31, 2018
Great teamwork, a lot of collaboration, flexibility with working from home. I was given many opportunities to learn and develop and was able to move to new and higher positions.
September 6, 2018

We definitely invest in our people here. Thank you for taking the time to share.

some departments are over worked
Casualty Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 30, 2018
The position I head had me working 50-60 hours a week but only getting paid for 40 hours, it was a salary position.

Supervisors needs to be trained better.
Best job I ever had
Producer/Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 23, 2018
I started in one department and was promoted to another higher paying department within the company. The upper management makes themselves available to their employees and they honestly care about the people that work for them. It is a fun working environment and they are very accepting of all lifestyles. They have monthly functions to promote a positive working environment. This is a wonderful company with great benefits and working hours.
Pros
good pay, good supervisors, good benefits
Cons
some weekends and holidays are required to work
August 24, 2018

Glad to hear that you had a great experience with us. Thank you for the feedback.

fast paced, friendly environment
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 21, 2018
CSAA is a fast paced environment. Employees are constantly busy throughout the day. I feel that management supports the employees in helping to manage their work flow but they also strive for all employees to have a good life/work balance.
August 24, 2018

Glad to hear that you really thrived here and that you got the support you needed from management. We appreciate you taking the time to share.

Great Company to Work For!
Supervisor, Physical Damage (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 20, 2018
I have been at CSAA IG for 5 years now and I got out of it exactly what I put in. I have worked hard, I worked as a team player, I strived to get to know the business, I applied for other various jobs within the organization, and all of these things combined allowed me to move up into supervision, which I have been doing for 2 years now. The people who put in what they expect to get out, will succeed and the people who expect to be handed things on a silver platter will not. The job can get stressful at times (what job doesn't), but it is totally manageable. The culture in the organization is great: we strive to assist all of our members as quickly and as fairly as possible. The volunteerism in this organization is outstanding and lots of people take advantage of that to help their communities. I highly encourage anyone who is up for a challenge to come work for this company as they can be very successful!
Pros
Good benefits, work life balance, management, atmosphere, company values
August 24, 2018

It's all about finding that great balance, right? Great feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share this.

Wonderful Company
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 16, 2018
CSAA was an amazing company to work for. There is room for continuing your education, advancement and mentoring at all times. Communication is superb and it truly feels at home. Management can be a bit difficult depending on the shift, but that is to be expected in a call center environment.
Advancement is based off of performance and no seniority which is a huge plus and their recognition program is wonderful.
August 24, 2018

There are definitely lots of opportunities to learn and grow one's career here. Thank for taking the time to leave a review. Greatly appreciated.

Work life at CSAA Insurance
Licensed Auto Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJ 08054August 11, 2018
A day at work at CSAA/AAA Insurance included taking customer calls who had been involved in an auto accident. All information pertaining to the accident where put in the claim file. Recorded statements where taken and reserves where opened. Fault of the accident were determined. Repairs were scheduled. Police reports were ordered.
Pros
forfilling to help customers at a stressful time in their life. Every day was unperdictable
Cons
could be very stressful at times
August 24, 2018

Thank you for your contributions while you were with us. And thank for taking the time to share your impressions.

Great workplace
Data Warehouse/ETL/Informatica Lead (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 9, 2018
Not so competitive and always relaxed. They had a table tennis play area where all can meet and play.Work culture in CSAA is always at high par,especially management is so cooperative
August 10, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share these comments. We greatly appreciate it.

The CSAA IG corporate culture includes working from remote
Systems Design Team Lead PM Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAAugust 9, 2018
The CSAA Insurance Group corporate culture includes working from remote with meetings performed over Skype.

At CSAA I have many lessons learned about how to fine tune the listening process when interviewing internal and external customers to better translate their needs into practical Business Requirements with future functionality in mind.
August 24, 2018

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you taking the time to share.

Nice
SENIOR TRAINING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 7, 2018
Great place to work. i have mixed emotions but I think anyone would love to work there. No further comments . i would have liked more raises and days off.
August 10, 2018

We appreciate your candor. Thank you for your feedback. Greatly appreciated.

Poor management
Employee (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 4, 2018
Employed there for almost 7 years and you feel like another number. Most employees working there have been there for less than 5 years and they are always trying to hire many new agents. Some employees almost make 3 years there but are either fired due to not passing their insurance license exam or quitting feeling mislead they had a chance for advancement. You cannot go to HR, they will alert your supervisor of issue you expressed then you are the trouble maker. Existing employees are not considered for possible advancement; they now work in tiers which tend to belittle the employee with low title.
Management is not as friendly as they appear, backstabbing employees and even to each other. Employees that have been there longer than 7 years mentioned it was a great place when it was first open, lots of incentives, you felt appreciated and advancement was based on your achievements, hard work on projects and not who you know.
Pros
Health benefits, cáfe onsite and on bus route
Cons
Favoritism, no gym onsite, micro-managed, horrible training, computer systems constantly going down while trying to do your job and diversity is not there.
August 10, 2018

Good entry level insurance position
Customer service agent (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJuly 30, 2018
Good place to start an insurance career.
Training is fully paid, atmosphere is relaxed and low-pressure.
Pay isn't ok for an entry level position and benefits are good.
Job itself is stressful due to upset customers and turnover happens.
However, management is supportive and morale is good.
If you can gut it out there is room for advancement.
August 1, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share. There's a lot to be proud about at CSAA Insurance Group, including our robust community involvement efforts. We are always looking for opportunities to improve upon processes and welcome ideas from all levels of the organization.

Sounds Good At First
Developer (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 18, 2018
Coming in the door, the job sounds exciting. Then, after a year or so, the lack of innovation, failure to promote from within, development of employees, etc. kicks in. It seems that employees who have been around along time are part of the "in" crowd. Every one else is replaceable.
Pros
Benefits, tuition reimbursement, salary
Cons
No advancement, no innovation, no real growth
July 19, 2018

Thank you for your candor. We continue to explore ways to offer development opportunities for employees. The Velocity program is just one way we're tackling this. Employees are welcome to offer suggestions for opportunities to improve by submitting ideas at our Innovation Hub.

productive
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 10, 2018
This was one of the best jobs i had. I definitely learned alot and it shaped me into the person i am today. The skills learned were used and incorporated in my other jobs.
Pros
diverse enviornment
Cons
short breaks
July 19, 2018

Thank you for this feedback and taking the time to share. Hopefully there's an opportunity to reconnect down the road.

The work routine needs to be revised and the pay is not sufficient
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 1, 2018
I work in a call center where calls constantly come in. We have a high inflow of new claims that we are suppose to address each day, and we have at least 2 hours per day where we are on open time, and unable to touch our own claims. When the claim volume is down, the demands are ok. The problem is, when the claim demand is high, we are expected to complete all new claims, return every call, answer all of our daily activities, and answer each incoming new call within the 8 hour period. When the employees are bombarded with new claims, this is impossible. Customers get very angry when you do not get to them in a timely manner, and it is reflected in customer service surveys. Management needs to do one of the following: 1. Allow employees to work the number of hours necessary to meet the demand of the claim volume. 2. Reduce our workload. 3. Make it so the customer service survey does not count when we are overloaded with new claims.

Also, my take home pay is less than half of what it used to be at my previous job. I pay more for my benefits, while my deductible is higher and the services are lower. It is because of the low pay that I am looking for employment elsewhere. I can't afford to work here anymore.
Pros
The people are basically nice.
Cons
Overworked and underpaid.
July 9, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you feel this way about your work experience. We want to ensure that our employees thrive here. If possible, HR would be happy to connect to discuss your concerns.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSAA Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss