CSG Systems Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great company to work for
Manager/Billing (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 17, 2017
Large company with small company attitude for employees. They cared about their employees and it showed, few people would quit. They know their business and it shows with their success.
Pros
Various projects, fast paced
Cons
too much to do, not enough time
small players
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  They dont trust employeesApril 14, 2017
they are selling a solution but the management doesn't know how to expand. They don't trust their employees enough to let them work from home, yet they want you to perform off business rollouts from home.
Pros
Cons
trust
Consistently puts the emplyee last
Senior Management (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 9, 2017
This company consistently puts the employee last, with limited opportunity for advancement. This company also has a track record of using the pre holiday lay-off and placing individuals on PIP plans which allows them to reduce payroll cost by hiring new workers at a lower wage.
Cable Services company offering online billing and traditional statement mailing solutions to the cable industry.
Direct Mail Consultant (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 21, 2014
Moving from print to online billing statement services the company also offers marketing services to the cable industry, automated payment services.
great opportunity to learn agile methodology
Sr SW Tester (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 23, 2014
I really enjoyed how professionally the agile methodology was implemented and continually improved. In that respect management was very mature.
Coworkers were really nice and smart. Pay and benefits were good (considering the economy). Schedules were reasonable, fairly well managed in that respect.
What was bad was the specific manager I had, and the odd culture of fear that prevented people from feeling free to talk about opportunities to improve.
When I started I didn't meet anyone who had been with the company less than 5 yrs, though I later found a few that had worked there 3 yrs. It unfortunately soon became apparent that they are continually hiring and then when headquarters wants layoffs, all the newer people get laid off. I guess I should feel proud that I survived to the 2nd round of layoffs after my hire date. It was my first experience of working at a company that didn't use merit to determine who to lay off.
It could be a good place to work as long as you don't expect to stay.
Pros
Agile
Cons
Culture has weird undercurrents
The CSG Experiance
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXDecember 18, 2013
When I first started at Csg. I had a wonderful manager and a poor team lead. The 3 shift team lead was unprofessional and threaten everybody. When the thirds shift team lead became supervisor. It became worse. Threatening people to written them up. The supervisor was to much of a control freak. However, he was understand and nice to you only if you spied for him. all thing consider he could be fair at time. Other then that the people i work with were nice and friendly , and as a team we all seem to get out work done.
Pros
Good people to work with and well paid
Cons
poor supervisor
Great place to work!
Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 12, 2013
CSG is a good company being run by people who care about their clients and employees. As with any competitive environment, there is natural conflict. At CSG that conflict is handled as constructively as possible. I would highly recommend CSG to anyone looking for a healthy, challenging, and rewarding environment
Great company with tremendous benefits.
Operations Supervisor, Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Crawfordville, FloridaJanuary 2, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed working with the employees. It was face paced and exciting. There was always somthing new to learn.