CSG Employee Reviews

Poor leadership and culture
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 13, 2019
Poor leadership and the culture lacks motivation. Most employees are afraid to share feelings or ideas in fear of getting fired. HR sweeps everything under the rug.
Cons
Short or no breaks, forced to work OT
Much needed investment in employees and technology
Senior Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 3, 2019
Much needed investment in employee training and technology. The systems, in many cases, have not been updated, since the 70's. An overhaul is in order.
Fun place to work
CCS Tester (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 28, 2018
I liked the opportunity for advancement at CSG. It was an easy place to work I liked the hours and the benefits. Typical day arrive at work log into computer, test new codes for CCS and ACSR take lunch go home. The people were nice to work with.
Pros
Casual Dress
Cons
pay was insufficient for work that was done
Lost their way
Performance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 15, 2018
CSG used to be a great company with happy employees and customers. Now they have an empty bag of ideas. Currently they are moving jobs directly to a new building in Bangalore by layoffs here in the states.
Pros
Unlimited vacation, good pay, friendly people
Cons
uncertain future, no advancement, layoffs, losing customers
Senior Software QA Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 12, 2018
I enjoyed my time at CSG. I worked with the same developers for many years. I was somewhat lucky to get to know the people on my team and build a rapport with everyone.
Pros
My team
Cons
jobs being lost to overseas
Excellent Company to work with
Project Lead DevOps/QA (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 7, 2018
If you have chance to work with the company dont let it go..
Excellent team environment. Excellent people, lot of memories, too much to remember. If I get a chance to work with the company I will will love to start all over..
it was a great place to work
Print Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 26, 2018
a typical is a typical day I learned to operate laser printers and forklifts management was good to me the culture was diversify productive and fun work with a lot of great people
Pros
morale boosting events
Cons
healthcare
Great People, continual layoffs
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 26, 2018
Most aspects of working at CSG were good. The people I worked with were all very passionate and professional.
The downside is that there are layoffs every year, so the culture is one of holding on to the information you know to protect you from being next on the list.
C-level leadership is poor, don't recommend them.
Enjoyed most of my time there
Sr. Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 16, 2018
I enjoyed most of my time there. They do promote from within or at least did. Some of their promotions are questionable, but that's with most places. I was part of the layoffs when they first started.
It was a job that paid the bills.
Senior Insert Operator (Former Employee) –  Crawfordville, FLJune 16, 2018
It was a job that paid the bills but was stressful and extremely hard work for the pay. Upper management does not care about the little people that do all the manual labor and it shows in their extremely high turnover rate.
Pros
Steady, reliable, dependable job
Cons
Hard hours for a family and lack of care from management makes it harder on employee.
N/a
Director, Benefits, Payroll, & Compensation (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 30, 2018
Will not provide at this time. Will review at another time down the road in the future.
Have been working for Business Ink for 12+ years and was acquired in March of 2018.
I am unable to provide any feedback or review at this time
fun workplace
INSERT OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Crawfordville, FLApril 2, 2018
It was a safe and enjoyable workplace .They were my extended family we did outside activities we always got together during the holiday season and peace
Pros
lunch and people
Cons
hours and the long weekends
great place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 19, 2018
if you like to know what exactly you're going to do everyday, this is the job for you. while it is repetitive it is not boring, you are to busy to get bored. the days are long a 12 hr shift on a rotating 2 week schedule. of 2 on 2 off working a 3 day weekend every other weekend. but the body acclimates quickly.some may not like it, but when you think about it in a 2 week period you are working only 7 days, so in a 52 week yr you are only working 26 weeks.! And as a company perk they start you off with 40 hours of vacation time! if you take that time and plan wisely you can actually take 1-4 more weeks more off! They offer daily production bonuses, that are attainable, quality bonuses that are easy to make if you do your job correctly. and they actually take the time to train people to do the job! People are fun to work with. they have team building workshops, many events where the sups cook out for you. ways for you to earn company money to buy NICE items from the company store.
Pros
friendly atmosphere, family orientated
Cons
long hrs
Duplicitous Manager
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 8, 2017
Many mixed messages, condescending manager, very stressful and long hours ... unreasonable at times

Some team members are great people, and very helpful. In a 20+ year IT career, I have never worked for a company with such poor orientation to the business and disregard for life outside of work.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long stressful days
I loved working for that company there was always carrying about there enployes
customer service (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 23, 2017
When you first start they give you a week off paid vacation and a week sick time 2 floaters your birthday paid off 401 k they match you and they give great bounses I can't say enuff about this company.
Pros
Would have lunching 1 a week a1 hour for lunch and 2 15 minute breaks
Cons
They did not have no cons everything they said they gave you
Ex
JR Database Developer (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 14, 2017
Company is structure and is strict for low pay and minimum benefits. Good way start off not sure best for remain and promotion are small . Culture is quick judge and find fault.
depending on department this place can be total chaos with no leadership
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 20, 2017
Typical day at work involves customer interface to intercept/understand software issues/problems while trying to maintain expectations to deliver new software for a different audience.
I learned that you can't do the work of 4 people formerly on this same team when it's only yourself and 1 other person. CSG is very customer focused which means your personal life is sacrificed greatly.
The culture is that people are actually very nice but the lack of direction makes it hard to find out what the priority is at any given time.
The hardest part of the job is initiating work requests with other internal teams to actually accomplish larger goals at CSG.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that I do get to sometimes work with very talented individuals and collaboration among high performers is great.
Pros
unlimited vacation
Cons
Work is so stressful you can't take any vacation
I wouldn't want to work here full time.
Contracts Administration (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 5, 2017
Difficult to say because I was only on a contract. Employees not very friendly to contractors. Wouldn't work here due to management issues. Supervisors were very unwilling to assist with any questions.
Cons
Contract work. No health insurance benefits. Bad supervision.
Great company to work for
Manager/Billing (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 17, 2017
Large company with small company attitude for employees. They cared about their employees and it showed, few people would quit. They know their business and it shows with their success.
Pros
Various projects, fast paced
Cons
too much to do, not enough time
small players
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  They dont trust employeesApril 14, 2017
they are selling a solution but the management doesn't know how to expand. They don't trust their employees enough to let them work from home, yet they want you to perform off business rollouts from home.
Pros
Cons
trust

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSG. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at CSG.

Powered by Comparably