CSG Employee Reviews

Great Job!!
Linux Operator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 20, 2019
I really enjoyed this job. I could not work the overnight hours anymore and the company did not have a current open day shift available at the time so I had to turn in my notice.
Pros
Very structured environment, education courses, IT library on site
Cons
working overnight hours was very difficult
This job use to be a solid place to work.
Printing Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 23, 2019
Ever since new management took over the output resource facility people who have been there a fairly good amount of time would either abruptly quit or get fired. Management included in this firing spree. More workload has been put more on us to deliver in a ridiculous priority base time frame and expect current employees to take on other job duties without fair pay increase. Also when you do step up to leadership role there isn’t show of any signs of a simple ‘thank you’ of gratitude from management. Work morale has been an all time low since I’ve first started. May God help CSG.
Benefits
Cons
Long hours, non competitive pay, ridiculous management, high turn over, expect to train the trainer
You can't trust this company
Senior Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Elkhorn, NEApril 8, 2019
I got laid off without any notice. My life is now in a tailspin because of it. However, I did like the team I was on and the people on that team. Nevertheless, Pass up any opportunity with this company.
Pros
Good pay, good people
Cons
No job security
Great people until the company started to stagnate
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 25, 2019
Very little opportunity anymore as the company seems to be on its last legs. Layoffs are the norm and everyone is running for the lifeboats. Management is scrambling to make sense of why the unstable environment is leading developers to move on.
I enjoyed working there.
Software Release Mngt / Deploy Release Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 17, 2019
Need more training in my area for advancement. would loved to have sit with other departments to see how the culture was and increase my knowledge of the different areas.
Pros
Employees I worked with were great.
Cons
Employees are always scared if they will be the next position eliminated to save money.
Much needed investment in employees and technology
Senior Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 3, 2019
Much needed investment in employee training and technology. The systems, in many cases, have not been updated, since the 70's. An overhaul is in order.
Solutions Analyst Lead (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 11, 2019
The work was challenging and provided opportunities for growth and advancement. The work life balance was very flexible allowing for work to be done inside and out of the office. The company culture and people were the backbone of it's success.
Pros
Work life balance, Culture, People, Opportunities, Great Benefits
It's a Mixed Bag...
Senior Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 31, 2019
CSG is a company of full of dichotomies.

Probably some of the best minds as far DevOps and internal tools. Then again they are still mostly mainframe in 2019.

The C-Level leadership inspire complete faith. However, middle management are developers who have been promoted with no people skills.

The company is aggressively trying to hire young hip developers. Conversely, it's full old grey beards. Younger devs will never get promoted because the org is too top heavy.
Pros
Work life balance, unlimited time off, pay isn't too shabby
Cons
Middle managment
Good place to work. Beware bad managers.
PRODUCT SUPPORT ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 24, 2019
Great place to work but watch out for getting stuck with bad managers. Lots of middle management that are entrenched and instead of laying them off they get rid of good people instead.
Lay-offs are a regular thing at this company. People who are newly promoted are let go on the regular.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor middle management can make working here difficult.
Product developers for Cable Companies
Order Management Application (Current Employee) –  OmahaJanuary 18, 2019
Project developer of Customer Service Representative's applications for billing, project configuration etc. Mainly focused on cable and telephone providers.
productive
Insert Operator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 14, 2019
typical work day all depended on the person you were partnered up with management was pretty good most times learned how your cable bills gets processed and sent out for shipping
Pros
free lunch
Great People To Work With
Product Implementation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 2, 2018
CSG provided me that opportunity to work with a great group of people that played towards my strength which allowed the team to have broader, diverse skill sets to offer our client.
Pros
Great team collaboration
Cons
N/a
n/a
Sr. Software Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 29, 2018
never know when it will be your time to get laid off. there are limited promotions for employees that have years of experience. Managers are not trained.
Fun place to work
CCS Tester (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 28, 2018
I liked the opportunity for advancement at CSG. It was an easy place to work I liked the hours and the benefits. Typical day arrive at work log into computer, test new codes for CCS and ACSR take lunch go home. The people were nice to work with.
Pros
Casual Dress
Cons
pay was insufficient for work that was done
Lost their way
Performance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 15, 2018
CSG used to be a great company with happy employees and customers. Now they have an empty bag of ideas. Currently they are moving jobs directly to a new building in Bangalore by layoffs here in the states.
Pros
Unlimited vacation, good pay, friendly people
Cons
uncertain future, no advancement, layoffs, losing customers
Senior Software QA Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 12, 2018
I enjoyed my time at CSG. I worked with the same developers for many years. I was somewhat lucky to get to know the people on my team and build a rapport with everyone.
Pros
My team
Cons
jobs being lost to overseas
More work and limited time
Dveloper (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 12, 2018
There are always things to do here. The problem is too many things with too little time and resources to get them done. There is good team spirit within the team, but sometimes lack of communication across teams.
Good working environment and team work
Senior Oracle/Sql Server/Postgres DBA (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 8, 2018
Work from home is the best thing about this company. It saved me lot of time from traffic. So I can concentrate on my work and learning new skills. The compensation and benefit is above average.
I don't like frequent management change/turnover. Cross countries communications can be difficult sometime.
Pros
1. Telecommute 2. Good teamwork 3. Good salary and benefit 4. Chance to learn new skill
Cons
1. High management turnover 2. Low promotion opportunity
Productive and able to get work done
Lead Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 7, 2018
Was a good place to work. Was able to work from home which i'm thankful that they let me. It was quiet and got lots of work done. My manager was great to work for and he trusted everyone to get their work done.

Learned a lot over the past few years with new technology and developers we're very helpful with and shared their knowledge.
Pros
work from home, good health insurance
Cons
year to year never knew if job was safe
Excellent Company to work with
Project Lead DevOps/QA (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 7, 2018
If you have chance to work with the company dont let it go..
Excellent team environment. Excellent people, lot of memories, too much to remember. If I get a chance to work with the company I will will love to start all over..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSG. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at CSG.

Powered by Comparably