CSG Employee Reviews

Fast paced, technical environment
Programmer Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 24, 2018
Develop code, look for efficiencies, maintenance work.
The initial job was issue resolution, tracking down code bugs using mainframe diagnostic tools to determine issues in online code.
Management was relaxed but focused on quality.
The workplace culture: Great people, great teams.
Hardest part at times was getting a quick resolution to a difficult problem and installing the code to prod to resolve the issue.
Making it all come together, having the product meet or exceed expectations.
Pros
Team outings, flex time, good vacation time.
Cons
Lofty goals, outsourcing as an answer.
A good place to work as an Intern
Data Analyst Intern at Windows System Admin team (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 23, 2018
As a Data Analyst intern I was exposed to all the data that was used to improve clients side of issues. It was a great experience with such great people and management to work with.
Great compnay to have spent many years with
Lead Software Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COOctober 8, 2018
Having work with CSG for so many years. I have been able to be part of many new projects and programs. Over most of my time I have been able to work as a remote employee since most of CSG employees are in Omaha. I feel as though they value all people opinions.
Pros
Free Tea, Unlimited vacation, great 401K
Cons
No issues
it was a great place to work
Print Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 26, 2018
a typical is a typical day I learned to operate laser printers and forklifts management was good to me the culture was diversify productive and fun work with a lot of great people
Pros
morale boosting events
Cons
healthcare
Great People, continual layoffs
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 26, 2018
Most aspects of working at CSG were good. The people I worked with were all very passionate and professional.
The downside is that there are layoffs every year, so the culture is one of holding on to the information you know to protect you from being next on the list.
C-level leadership is poor, don't recommend them.
Great Place to Work!
Manager, Infrastructure Support Center (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 10, 2018
Great place to work! The singular constant is change.If you want a cemented job role, keep looking

However, the direct and middle mamnagement are very engaged with the frontline troops. During certain periods and business events, breakfasts.lunches are provided free for the analysts.

Multiple departmental events/celebrations, etc. all through the year. Great culture!
Pros
Lot's of potential for advancement, Great Culture.
Cons
Change never ends. Once you 'get it', tomorrow that's all changed.
Over seas part of company is taking up US postions.
Infanstructure Support (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 28, 2018
if you have not interest in progressing your career and have poor management. Look no further. This company is keen on saving a penny by throwing your position to it's over seas part of the company. They don't care about you as a person that completed documented outstanding work for them. That is all for not.
Pros
They do pay you
Cons
Positions are liquidated to save a dime too often. moved to overseas branch of the company beware
Productions
Operator (Current Employee) –  Crawfordville, FLAugust 1, 2018
If you love working at a company where you are constantly being called names that are profaned by senior operators, a place where senior operators are bullies and belittles you, a place where your main focus is on your cellphones, where you are treated like a child/disrespected, where short-cuts are being taken, and where the management team don't care about the welfare of the employees??? This is a place for you!
Cons
Profanity, bullying, belittlings, management do not care, employees are only there to collect a paycheck
Enjoyed most of my time there
Sr. Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 16, 2018
I enjoyed most of my time there. They do promote from within or at least did. Some of their promotions are questionable, but that's with most places. I was part of the layoffs when they first started.
Productive work with Friday breakfast
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 14, 2018
Great company to work for although lay offs seem to be a normal occurrence at CSG. I would gladly work for them again, but in the back of my mind would linger the thought of the possibility of lay offs!
Pros
good pay, good benefits
Cons
lay offs are normal occurrence
Fun place to work
Supervisor OSC Operations (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 25, 2018
typical day started with a team meeting to focus everyone energies on meeting the nightly SLA'S UpperMgmt was laid back yet focused on the job. This made it enjoyable to work there. We had a nightly SLA for all projects to be completed by 1930 hours.
Pros
Frequent cook outs for the team
Cons
One of the smallest of their sites so not a lot of investment in high technology
It was a job that paid the bills.
Senior Insert Operator (Former Employee) –  Crawfordville, FLJune 16, 2018
It was a job that paid the bills but was stressful and extremely hard work for the pay. Upper management does not care about the little people that do all the manual labor and it shows in their extremely high turnover rate.
Pros
Steady, reliable, dependable job
Cons
Hard hours for a family and lack of care from management makes it harder on employee.
Good company but CHRO is absolutely awful
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 15, 2018
If you could base the company on the CEO, culture, and work-life balance alone, CSG would be a wonderful place to work. Unfortunately, the Chief People Officer acts like an immature child with absolutely no idea how to interact with people, let alone run the HR function of an entire company. The Board should seriously look at this role and creating a company in which their people actually do come first
Pros
Ceo, Work-life balance, pay
Cons
Chro/hr
Lousy company
Desktop Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 14, 2018
Company is very clichess, if you come oin from another company you are not very welcome. They put unqualified people into management positions where they don't belong and put the wrong skill set of managers over areas they shouldn't manage.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
N/a
Director, Benefits, Payroll, & Compensation (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 30, 2018
Will not provide at this time. Will review at another time down the road in the future.
Have been working for Business Ink for 12+ years and was acquired in March of 2018.
I am unable to provide any feedback or review at this time
Good company for work life balance
Senior Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  CSGApril 9, 2018
This is a good company to work in however lack excitement in terms of compensation/benefits. Good company culture that encourages open communications and healthy work etiquette.
fun workplace
INSERT OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Crawfordville, FLApril 2, 2018
It was a safe and enjoyable workplace .They were my extended family we did outside activities we always got together during the holiday season and peace
Pros
lunch and people
Cons
hours and the long weekends
great place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 19, 2018
if you like to know what exactly you're going to do everyday, this is the job for you. while it is repetitive it is not boring, you are to busy to get bored. the days are long a 12 hr shift on a rotating 2 week schedule. of 2 on 2 off working a 3 day weekend every other weekend. but the body acclimates quickly.some may not like it, but when you think about it in a 2 week period you are working only 7 days, so in a 52 week yr you are only working 26 weeks.! And as a company perk they start you off with 40 hours of vacation time! if you take that time and plan wisely you can actually take 1-4 more weeks more off! They offer daily production bonuses, that are attainable, quality bonuses that are easy to make if you do your job correctly. and they actually take the time to train people to do the job! People are fun to work with. they have team building workshops, many events where the sups cook out for you. ways for you to earn company money to buy NICE items from the company store.
Pros
friendly atmosphere, family orientated
Cons
long hrs
its ok place
Insert Operator (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 25, 2018
There are good days when machines run good makes time go fast .
Days are interesting when you get different partners, everyone does things differently. The hardest part is standing for 12 hours.
Good pay and benefits
Lead Developer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 19, 2018
CSG is a large multi-national company so your pay and team dynamics are going to vary greatly from team to team. Senior leadership can't deal with every employee issue so you are very dependent on your direct manager for career advancement. Unfortunately for me its not happening so I'm looking elsewhere. Pay and benefits are competitive and are what have kept me there.
Pros
Competative pay and benefits
Cons
Many on our team are unsatisfied with our direct manager, not sure what we can do about it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSG. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at CSG.

Powered by Comparably