CSI Compressco Employee Reviews

Company being destroyed by poor management
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Permian BasinFebruary 23, 2018
Present management in Permian basin is destroying this company from the inside out. Field technicians are treated like cannon fodder with little to no respect from management. A bandage it now and fix it later policy is making us more and more unpopular with customers. They have lost most all of their long time employees and all the history that goes with them. It's a shame because under previous management this had been a great company to work for. I would recommend to steer clear if you are interested in any kind of a technician job here.

On the other hand, if you are looking for a job here in upper management, are a dedicated "yes" man with little to no talent other than passing your duties on to others and leaving early on Fridays this may be your golden opportunity.
Pros
Relatively good benefits
Cons
Empire building, backstabbing management
Managment bunch of children
Feild Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 21, 2018
Had to walk on eggshells to make sure we didn't offended management or supervisors they didn't care if the employees did a good job they wanted us to do what u call "bandage job" and get out.... management would say one thing and supervisor would say another they could never agree on anything... bunch of backstabbing in management department unfortunately had to deal with racist management/supervisor...just very disappointing in the way things were done,weekly meeting were useless even if u suggest something being done wrong they look at u as if u did something awful...work environment just not right...
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Managment dont care about workers
good pace, always something to do
Field Service Technician I (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXDecember 6, 2017
wish they would of given me a second chance to gain experience and knowledge of the fleet machines they were working on. I only work there for two months not even the full 90 day probation time, at least I would of known half of what they do and could of given me an opportunity
great job poor management
Gas Production Specialist (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMOctober 24, 2017
new experiences every day and a great learning curve always learning something new and broadening my experience in the natural gas compression field. good pay and benefits
Pros
steady work
Cons
always worry about offending the mamagement and getting time off without pay
Good for single person
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 23, 2017
Not a very family friendly company- at least in the department I was in. Didn'y accomodate family emergencies very well. I wouldnt suggest this to anyone.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
schedule
Good company to work for all in all
Compressor Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 30, 2017
Very solid and stable company to work for. They are like any other when oil and gas are productive so are they. This is the downfall with this line of work
Needs improvement in management
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Evans, COAugust 16, 2017
CSI Compressco has great and intelligent employees, however there is a lack of management know how. As a result, the use of time is greatly wasted and communication suffers badly
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 12, 2017
Great place to work,very comfortable good people and awesome benefits .Coworkers are an asset to the company everyone gets along ,taking care of each other.Very productive and safe place to work in.Also the training is available to all the employees.A typical day starts off with a safety meeting called a tailgate, then we get together with bay leaders and review the what happened or was done the day before
Pros
uniforms and boots available.
Cons
Na
Depressing micro-managed operation that is going broke.
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pecos, TXAugust 7, 2017
When the company was owned by Warren Caterpillar it was a great place to work with chance for advancement and knowledgeable management Now that it is owned by Tetra the old management has left and new has come in and made changes for the worst benefit of the employee.
Pros
Cons
Management that doesn't care about the employee, no 401 match, company equipment in bad repair
Challenging / Upper Management out of Touch
Jr. Systems Administrator/IT Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 12, 2017
Company morale is down and lack of communication makes for a very stressed environment. Most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with customers and working with peers in the IT Department.
too many changes going wrong direction
Employee (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMJune 6, 2017
with the sell of CSI to Tetra Tech. benefits, pay, and atmosphere has gone away. wish Warren equipment would not have sold. I haven't seen a raise in 4 years and we are still on a pay freeze.
Not a good company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYMarch 27, 2017
Very un-organized company from the top to the bottom. No room for advancement. There is no communication, no direction, and no help. The company does not support employees in any shape or form.
IT Department was a good place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 17, 2017
Co-workers were great to work with, we helped each other out. I always learned something new. It was hard to comprehend some of the work since I did not take any courses of Information Techonlogy, what I learned was hands on and my co-workers were great about training me.

My receptionist position I held before transitioning into IT, what I like about it got to meet new people, always learning new things.
Fantastic company with great benefits
Field Tech (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXDecember 5, 2016
You get to travel to multiple locations to diagnose and repair compressors. This is a dangerous job, but CSI is great about educating their employees on safety.
Pros
Ability to advance and continue learning new skills and safety and regulations in the field.
Very good work place.
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 12, 2016
If you work hard you can move up in this company and it will be worth it. They provide good insurance and good pay. Managment and safety is a priority which is great.
Cons
Short breaks
Very good job, you'll learn alot
Welder I (Former Employee) –  Midland, TX 79706August 23, 2016
Very good job, pay is okay. Its hard to get a raise, but overtime will make up for it. I learned a lot and got certified on 1G welding with Mig and Dual Shield. I really recommend this job as a Welder 1.
Pros
Good insurance, and ladder climbing
Cons
Short lunch
High Energy Fast paced work enviroment.
Field Service Technician. Zone (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDAugust 11, 2016
Great pay, Great benefits, and great management.
would go back to work their if the worked picked back up.
New management was not the greatest and did not have much hands on at this location.
Pros
Company Provided Truck, Tools and supplies
Cons
new managment
Oilfield on downturn
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 10, 2016
Hardest part of the job is the variables throughout the day, environmental, atmospheric, maintaining inventory of parts for your units, maintenance of truck per DOT requirements/logging, etc. also; the variances of troubles associated with gas powered units and electronic troubleshooting of electrical panels (relays, pressure valves, transducers, etc.). most mechanic technicians are responsible for their own units/compressors, so transparency is crucial when working on others units. maintaining a good working attitude with 3ea supervisors and 10+ mechanics can sometimes be stressful working within a large region. Till just recently, time off job, to pursue personal interests, has been limited.
Great place to learn and acquire knowledge.
Mechanical Assembler/Welder/Pipe Dept. Leadman (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 2, 2016
Work days can get pretty hectic with the amount of information that is constantly moving around. I always have to keep in constant contact with several others to ensure production stays on a steady pace. Every day is an opportunity to learn something new and beneficial to your career.
Pros
Learning environment, In-house promoting company, Versatile working environment
Cons
Constant changes in work schedule
Excellent
Lean Sigma Champion (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMarch 14, 2016
Excellent place to work. Very working people with a good culture of continuous improvement mentality.
Everybody likes getting involved in ci events.