CSL Behring Employee Reviews

Horrible Experience
Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INMarch 13, 2019
Management sucks and promotions are based on favoritism. You’re worked until you’re complete exhausted. They do not understand you have a life outside of work and expect for the 'center needs to come first'. They do not accept doctors notes and you are expected to come to work sick. Management does not value employees and it’s a horrible turnover rate. I would make this a job if it was only my last option.
Pros
Great experience as a phleb
Cons
Short breaks, short staffed, horrible management
Productive, space for improvement.
MSA (Former Employee) –  Hidalgo, TXMarch 12, 2019
Fast paced environment, they care for the donors, don’t care for employees, the load of work is overwhelming, they cross train you in other areas, I give them that, you get to learn a lot, but they pay less than average, and don’t give you a raise not even for cross training, only give a raise to those that are closer to the manager.no holidays off, and if you wanted to take some vacations management would question it. Short lunch when there was a lot of donors.
Benefits
Cons
Working hours, salary
Only if you're out of options
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVMarch 11, 2019
I was very excited to start my career as a phlebotomist. I began working at CSL as a lab technician, a position which left me with breathing issues several months after the fact. The protective clothing you are given to work within the freezer is unwashed, and you are made to feel that you don't have the time to put it on before entering the freezer.

I later worked as a phleb, and felt that there were numerous situations that put the donor's health at risk. Management is a joke. Even the managers that everyone liked clearly had inferiority issues and played the employees off of the disliked manager. This place is a joke, and has left me with a dislike of plasma centers as a whole.
Pros
health care, easy to get hired so you can gain experiance
Cons
everything
Good company to grow with
Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Willoughby Hills, OHMarch 7, 2019
A typical work day at CSL will consist of inventory, training, helping all areas of production, and running reports. I worked different shifts and at different centers for coverage.
Pros
PTO and benifits
Cons
No set schedules
Great Benefits
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 26, 2019
excellent benefits, great pay. culture driven by fear. good benefits. minimal work-life balance. onsite gym that you can use at any time. nice people to work with
At first it was a good place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 26, 2019
They just allowed the donors to come in do what ever say what ever to the staff.some donors had a problem with new phlebotomists sticking them other phlebotomists discussed other staff members to the donors or around the donors making it hard to do the donations because when it came time for you to stick them they would make a comment to you about what another staff member said .which is very childish
Some of the supervisors had some of the most ugliest and unprofessional attitudes it make you wonder how they even got in the office to handle
Anyones schedule. The most part the staff there was very childish and petty always got your name in there mouth for no apparent reason it's not a professional place that you can feel comfortable to work in feel good about were you working . .
Pros
Pay
Cons
To much pettiness and gossip
Good Job to entry level phlebotomy
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2019
Perform all aspect of the plasmapheresis procedure and plasma collection.
● Donor set-up.
● Venipuncture with winged infusion needle set.
● Monitoring and disconnect donors.
● Maintenance and calibrated equipment in the SOP.
● Record incidents that occur during the pheresis processes.
Mission driven and focused company
Senior Manager, Strategy & Business Development (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 22, 2019
Strong business with good products in a growing market. Can be challenging to affect change or grow outside of your current role. Company is supportive of employees with flexible hours and good work environment.
Management is shady
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 15, 2019
Management is shady and everything is played with favorites. I was let go for someone else's actions even though I was the one that reported it. The donors are great. Some staff is cool. Management is terrible.
Cons
Drama, drama, drama
Horrible management not enough hours
Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  IndianaFebruary 13, 2019
Center management is a mess. Employees will call HR about it and the HR will tell management to straight out deny it. Favoritism shows horribly in there and not to the good employees. Donor floor will just treat all employees and donors rudely. Hours have been cut horribly. Went from 37.5 hours a week to barely 20.
Pros
The occasional free lunch. Some employees
Cons
Everything.
Talented colleagues & warm atmosphere
Lead Clinical Oversight Manager (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 1, 2019
Enjoyed my time with CSL.
The German team was difficult to manage; some personality clashes
More work from home time would have increased productivity.
Pros
Great talent pool in the Site Management Group
Cons
Management control blend with Germany not well established
General staff are great, upper management are horrible
DST (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORJanuary 28, 2019
At my location, we are notorious for high turn over. I learned very quickly this is because upper management just doesn't care. They tell you you will be cross trained, then don't. They say they will work with your schedule, then repeatedly ignore basic scheduling requests.
Are you serious??!!!
I did everything (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 26, 2019
Modern day slavery. Workers we're programmed to think that they'll advance someday, only to see their promotion go to a "outsider". Favoritism was on an "all-time" high there.
Pros
Got paid more donating as an employee.
Cons
Short breaks, point system, favoritism, slavery.
Great comapny
Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 25, 2019
I love working for this company. Lots of great benefits. The hardest part for me is the awesome pay.I have worked for this company for two years and there is so much room for advancement.
productive
Global HR Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 22, 2019
Great work place, fun loving people and culture. supporting team and they always help personal growth. Proud to work for a company that helps patients.
Enjoy my job
Reception Technician (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJanuary 17, 2019
Learn something new everyday ..donors become familiar my coworkers are great.hired on part time and looking forward to becoming full-time and learn other areas .
Pros
Pay
Cons
Would like more hours
Absolutely wonderful internship
Study Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 8, 2019
This job prepared me for the business end of pharmaceutical management, co workers are kinda and more than willing to help grow your exposure to the field. CSL has a inspirational goal and message, and they staff are hardworking and focused on improving the lives of those with rare diseases.
Pros
Flexible hours, friendly environment
productive and fun work environment
PIPING DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILDecember 10, 2018
I was only a contractor there, I was sad to leave however after 2 years my contract was up. I was asked to apply for a full time position and get hired back, however I was loyal to my engineering company and returned to the office head quarters for re-assignment.
Pros
very friendly place
Cons
was only a long term contractor
Dont waist your time
Senior phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Northglenn, CODecember 5, 2018
Management is the worst
they play favoritism if you do your job show up on time do what's being asked of you you still get thrown under the bus managers ask you to do things and then lie about asking you do it then fire you promotions are given to people who call out constantly and not by ability managers would rather do easier jobs than help on donor floor breaks are NEVER given claiming they dont have to give one even though it's a state LAW! Pay is not competitive Benefits are actually really good just not for the mistreatment and underappreciarion you deal with a daily basis every center has an extremely high turnover rate leads and seniors are basically adult babysitters
Pros
Are there any? Maybe meet some amazing people
Cons
The whole job
Stop!! If you have kids or do not want to be taken advantage of.....Walk away now!!
Senior Lab Processor/Area Trainer (Current Employee) –  Longwood, FLNovember 25, 2018
Do not apply or work here if you have kids, they will not work with your schedule and their simple reply to this is that they have to meet their "business needs", translation, "we don't really care about you"!! The pay really is ridiculous, the Phlebotomists are the only ones that start off making the most money, plus, don't think that working here will give you any "medical field experience" because it will not help you get a job in a hospital, the plasma business is considered the "arm-pit" of any part of the medical field, just call a hospitals HR department and ask them yourself! Additionally, CSL wants everyone of its center employees to be "cross-trained" into another area of the center so that you can help out if needed, CSL used to pay for "cross-training" but now sadly it is expected and you receive no compensation for any additional responsible that you take on!
Pros
Being able to donate plasma at your center and to get paid more than the center's donors, that's the only pro!!
Cons
Terrible work schedule, disgusting donors, Having to stay 2 to 3 hours late after the center closes!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSL Behring. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at CSL Behring.

Powered by Comparably