CSL Behring Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAOctober 9, 2018
The King of Prussia office was absolutely horrendous!

The back-stabbing culture that management fosters, coupled with the lackluster compensation and benefits offered for a pharma company make this an easily avoidable company.

Recruiters there like to tell candidates, "Employees here wear many hats..." this is code for "we understaff and overwork employees". They DO NOT promote internally, and for those who do manage to find advancement (seemingly because they have no gag reflex or are able to breathe through their ears) the 'raises' employees are given are well-below market value.

Myself and others in my department applied for several internal postings, only to not receive a fair chance for advancement during interviews. Our department VP even said to most of the people in my department, "We prefer to hire externally from other Pharma companies so we can utilize the knowledge of their best practices from the new hire." So once your hired and teach the ways of your former company, you are no longer useful to management.

After having the epiphany that there is no room for advancement at CSL, I took a lateral move to another Pharma company for double my salary there, and was promoted within a year.

Given the choice of returning to this company or taking ANY other offer, I would always choose the latter.
Pros
The cafeteria and staff there are nice and offer free popcorn
Cons
Everything else
Company with a purpose to help people in need of medical products.
Administrative Coordinator, Document Control (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILSeptember 20, 2018
Company had a more formal culture than some due to the need to keep manufacturing areas free from any contaminants and distractions. People treated each other with respect and worked well together.
Pros
Clean, friendly environment; Important work to help millions of people.
Cons
Supervisor position - good experience, could be better pay
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILSeptember 18, 2018
I worked as a supervisor (temp) at CSL. I oversaw union operators, who could be difficult to work with. I believe CSL underpays supervisors, which is why there is a high turnover rate after a year of experience. CSL offers a great entry into the world of pharmaceutical manufacturing, but the compensation is less than appealing.
good
Area Manager Pulmonary and Transplant (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 13, 2018
good experience overall. I was there for 11 years and would recommend for the right candidate. Aggressive sales environment with payoff in form of bonus plan.
Seems like a good company
HR Consultant (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 24, 2018
Was a contract worker but seemed like a good worker. I enjoyed my time there and learned more about the pharmaceutical company and the global organization.
Pros
Liked my manager.
Just okay
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILAugust 15, 2018
When it comes to advancement, forget about hard work being acknowledged. It's all about who you know and who you kiss up to. Go above and beyond and it really won't do much for you. They'll just ask you to continue to work harder and put more effort forth despite breaking your back to impress them. Ultimately, a stepping stone position. I have yet to see it otherwise unless you cozy up to your manager or your parent is someone with a management position.
Pros
Flex time, Pto
Cons
Workplace politics, bias
A terrible place to work, this is a job for someone just starting out or those that do not have a secondary education
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 13, 2018
This company is absolutely terrible.. Management is horrible, its a lot of favoritism that takes place, also a lot of snitching and bribery by management.. Pay is terrible for processing, donor floor,reception and medical(nurses). They have the "its for the company attitude", they want you to cross train but don't want to compensate you for cross training because it's for the company. Benefits are mediocre, state benefits are better.. The turn over rate is extremely high, I've never seen a turn over rate as high as theirs... At some point they should try to see what's the issue instead of replacing good employees. They believe that if your full time you should have open availability, they want your life to revolve around the company. No compassion for those who have children because majority of management don't have children and their life revolve around the company... Hours can be long, some nights may end at midnight and will being at 5:30 am... This whole company needs to be revamped starting with upper management..
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Lucrative pay and benefits. Good experience
Manager, Coagulation Products, Philadelphia, PA (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 13, 2018
Good experience.
Reps expected to be VERY aggressive.
Management inconsistent.
Job security not good; frequent firings of employees.
Good products.
Generous pay and benefits.
Learned plasma business.
Pros
Generous benefits.
Cons
unclear employee expectations.
Work experience
Sr. SAP SD Functional Consultant (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 23, 2018
Working at a CSL is good international exposure .
good work environment and woring with different groups , European usrs,travel to Europe and their locations is very good experience.
It was a job
Medical Reception Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 20, 2018
CSL wasn't a horrible place to work, but it was certainly not perfect. The office politics were reminiscent of High School, favoritism and cliques ran rampant. It was busy, fast-paced and even fun at times and I enjoyed working with the Donors. However sometimes the Donors can be incredibly difficult, and you will need to have a thick skin and tough demeanor. Management understood it was a tough job and took care of the employees, providing food and sometimes fun activities.
Starter job not career
Reception Technician (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJuly 6, 2018
Worked there for 9 months was passed up twice for a promotion. Was told as to why I didnt get promoted the first time second time nothing. They lie. In order to advance u have to kiss a lot of butt or they only promote the ppl that they like. Was fine at first working there then everything started coming to the light. Ones who got promoted Shouldnt of. Management is blind as to what is really going on. They don't care about employees only about keep their numbers up.
Pros
Pto, free lunch on the first day somewhat understanding to school schedule
Cons
Communication. No value in employees
Don't work here
Reception Technician (Former Employee) –  TampaJune 22, 2018
This company is a joke. I worked there for almost 3 years. They play favoritism. Prepare to be overworked and underpaid massively. Management sucks mostly. Beware of the clique of MSAs. If you're not one of them then you suck at life basically.
Pros
Free food sometimes
Cons
Your opinions do not matter. At all.
Temporary
Reception Technician (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 21, 2018
I don't recommend staying for long the environment is extremely toxic due to management(sexism, retaliation, sh, favoritism). Work isn't appreciated especially if you're a receptionist! Gain any experience you can from here and book it.
Pros
Good experience when it comes to phlebotomy
Cons
Management.
Working in Union plant
Facilities Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bradley, ILJune 11, 2018
The company great company work for but trying to let someone go the union flights the company all the way even they know the person not worth saving their job
Pros
Great pepole
Cons
Stress
I wouldn't reccommend it
Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHMay 21, 2018
The managment picked who they could control and those were the people were promoted. Working on the floor was fast paced and very stressful! Managers would not give you a break when needed. The point system for sick days is a joke! They allowed employees to come to work sick and spread sickness to everybody else. They didn't care about anything but numbers and volume. When I was hired the manager told me it was an open door policy but when you needed to speak with her her door was always closed. I've seen them fire people unjustly and make aweful accusations! The meetings they make you attend are repetitive and a waist of time but if you dont attend (even if it's your day off) they give you a point on your record. It's a toxic environment! Wish I had never waisted my time!
Benefits
Cons
No breaks, stupid meetings, aweful point system!
Do not apply!!!
Receptionist Tech (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 11, 2018
This place sucks for employment. Do not work here. They treat you like children and don’t care anything about your life outside of CSL. Very unprofessional.
poor
Area Manager-West NV, CA, UT (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 8, 2018
poor company does not promote from within especially within the specialty sales force and has a poor compensation outline. Little to no chances for growth and development. Poor product availability
Overall
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TX 75051May 4, 2018
Excellent workplace to accommodate your schedule if your wanting to go back to school. you learn new things everyday management is understanding. excellent place to move up in to
Area Manager CC & I Immunology Sales (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAApril 24, 2018
8 to 10 hours days calling on multiple specialists selling a number of different products. Opportunity to grow within organization through sales results
I wouldnt go back there or suggest it to people
Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  MDApril 16, 2018
Not enough help for certain areas of staffing.
Asked to do more than physically possible.
Was talking down to and belittled by certain people.
Employee was not notified about schedule change.
Employee was blamed when schedule had been changed without them being notified.
Pros
N/a
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSL Behring. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8