CSL Behring Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
I wouldn't reccommend it
Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHMay 21, 2018
The managment picked who they could control and those were the people were promoted. Working on the floor was fast paced and very stressful! Managers would not give you a break when needed. The point system for sick days is a joke! They allowed employees to come to work sick and spread sickness to everybody else. They didn't care about anything but numbers and volume. When I was hired the manager told me it was an open door policy but when you needed to speak with her her door was always closed. I've seen them fire people unjustly and make aweful accusations! The meetings they make you attend are repetitive and a waist of time but if you dont attend (even if it's your day off) they give you a point on your record. It's a toxic environment! Wish I had never waisted my time!
Benefits
Cons
No breaks, stupid meetings, aweful point system!
Do not apply!!!
Receptionist Tech (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 11, 2018
This place sucks for employment. Do not work here. They treat you like children and don’t care anything about your life outside of CSL. Very unprofessional.
poor
Area Manager-West NV, CA, UT (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 8, 2018
poor company does not promote from within especially within the specialty sales force and has a poor compensation outline. Little to no chances for growth and development. Poor product availability
Overall
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TX 75051May 4, 2018
Excellent workplace to accommodate your schedule if your wanting to go back to school. you learn new things everyday management is understanding. excellent place to move up in to
Area Manager CC & I Immunology Sales (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAApril 24, 2018
8 to 10 hours days calling on multiple specialists selling a number of different products. Opportunity to grow within organization through sales results
I wouldnt go back there or suggest it to people
Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  MDApril 16, 2018
Not enough help for certain areas of staffing.
Asked to do more than physically possible.
Was talking down to and belittled by certain people.
Employee was not notified about schedule change.
Employee was blamed when schedule had been changed without them being notified.
Pros
N/a
Caring management
Reception Technician (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 10, 2018
Typical day includes screening current donors and determining new donor suitability. Take vital signs, give info as requested, input numbers into system, repeat. Very repetitive but great to get the handle of things and nice to know expectations for every shift. Management is wonderful with working with your availability and any personal issues you need to bring to their attention. The workplace culture is definitely familial and it is nice to know you're all trying to work as a team. The most enjoyable part is talking to donors and getting to know regulars. The hardest part would be difficult donors and 10 hour shifts, but it's nice to have the option to do four 10s. You have to work at least one weekend shift every week. Benefits aren't bad when you're able to move to full time. Overall one of my most favorite places to work with clear room to advance if you want to.
Pros
benefits, management, teamwork
Cons
minimal breaks, long hours, policies always changing
horrible management.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIApril 9, 2018
would never recommend someone to work here, employees are extremely rude and unprofessional and management ignores it. Very competitive, unrealistic goals.
Pros
Cons
everything
Worse place ever
Plebotomist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 7, 2018
Never seen such foolishness in the workplace in my life and no wonder because they put children in grown up positions people who have never been in leadership before!!! (are you kidding me). Management definitely are clueless at best the pay is terrible you can make more working at Walmart! And the worst there is so much favoritism with management and certain employees it's really not a good place to work at all. Steer clear of this place!!!!
Pros
Pto
Cons
No organization whatsoever
Awesome leadership, awesome people, family oriented, ideal place to work,
Systems Administrator, Infrastructure (Former Employee) –  Bradley, ILMarch 20, 2018
Awesome leadership, awesome people, family oriented, ideal place to work,
Alot of caring people who love what they do. Everyone understands the focus of the company and they work hard to keep in the direction provided by the CEO.
McDonald's employees make more
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAMarch 6, 2018
Some of my coworkers are awesome. The pay is horrendous. Absolutely unacceptable treatment of their employees. I wouldn't recommend anyone I care about subject themselves to a corporation that is willing to do anything to bolster their $3.08 Billion profits, even at the detriment to its employees.
Pros
Good phleb experience
Cons
Horrible pay
Great company to work for
LIMS Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kankakee County, ILFebruary 19, 2018
It's a great company to work for. Management and employees are professional. Management style promotes good morale, employee confidence, and overall team effGort.
Ok
Payroll Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILFebruary 17, 2018
Overall, working there was okay. There were some perks of the job, but then there were some drawbacks. I just wish that there were more perks than drawbacks.
Advancement
Medical Screening Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 14, 2018
This position was good. As long as the team is all on one accord work would be delightful. I was requied to do some things that we're not appropriate.
Pros
Unlimited overtime
Cons
No room for advancement
Great Place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradley, ILFebruary 7, 2018
I had a great time working for CSL. The only reason I left was, at the time, I had my fourth child and an opportunity arose for me to work from home while they were little.
Great people and atmosphere; Fun Committee; Sit/Stand Desks
Analyst (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 6, 2018
The people and atmosphere are great. PTO time is above average. Benefits are ok. Pay is low. Fun Committee sets up trips to games, raffles, parties, and lunches. Workload is ridiculous.
Pros
Free popcorn everyday; raffles, happy hours, etc.
Cons
Pay, Benefits, Workload
Not a good place to work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 22, 2018
Admin tends to schedule heavy during the first shift, but minimal staff for second shift. They always make sure you get a 30 min lunch break, but other breaks are frequently missed. They certainly have priority with some employees but not all employees. Management is clueless at best sometimes.
Benefits
Cons
Short to no breaks frequently.
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 20, 2018
Been with company for 20 years and have went from intro position to a top position. It’s what you decide to make of it. I have and would recommend everyone to work here.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Disgusting
Donor Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIJanuary 12, 2018
During the time I worked at CSL Plasma in Beloit WI I noticed how dirty and disgusting the whole operation was. It was treated as a manufacturing company instead of a medical facility. Dried blood everywhere, boxes stacked up on the donor floor, staff unwilling to help one another and a management team of what seemed like 10 people getting nothing accomplished. Everyone wanted something different from you, no idea who to follow because the ranking of people is all over the place. Still unsure who the real boss at CSL was. Worst place I’ve ever worked.
I loved my job
Sr. Phlebotomist/ Trainer/Quality Team (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 10, 2018
I loved my job and I went to school for Phlebotomy, this was the worst management team I have ever worked for. I'm a hard worker never late always did my best , but had to deal with prejudice and jealousy from management. They would load up my room just to see if I would break and then laugh. Childish management...