CSL Behring Employee Reviews

Dont waist your time
Senior phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Northglenn, CODecember 5, 2018
Management is the worst
they play favoritism if you do your job show up on time do what's being asked of you you still get thrown under the bus managers ask you to do things and then lie about asking you do it then fire you promotions are given to people who call out constantly and not by ability managers would rather do easier jobs than help on donor floor breaks are NEVER given claiming they dont have to give one even though it's a state LAW! Pay is not competitive Benefits are actually really good just not for the mistreatment and underappreciarion you deal with a daily basis every center has an extremely high turnover rate leads and seniors are basically adult babysitters
Pros
Are there any? Maybe meet some amazing people
Cons
The whole job
Just okay
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILAugust 15, 2018
When it comes to advancement, forget about hard work being acknowledged. It's all about who you know and who you kiss up to. Go above and beyond and it really won't do much for you. They'll just ask you to continue to work harder and put more effort forth despite breaking your back to impress them. Ultimately, a stepping stone position. I have yet to see it otherwise unless you cozy up to your manager or your parent is someone with a management position.
Pros
Flex time, Pto
Cons
Workplace politics, bias
Terrible place to work
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAOctober 9, 2018
The King of Prussia office was absolutely horrendous!

The back-stabbing culture that management fosters, coupled with the lackluster compensation and benefits offered for a pharma company make this an easily avoidable company.

Recruiters there like to tell candidates, "Employees here wear many hats..." this is code for "we understaff and overwork employees". They DO NOT promote internally, and for those who do manage to find advancement (seemingly because they have no gag reflex or are able to breathe through their ears) the 'raises' employees are given are well-below market value.

Myself and others in my department applied for several internal postings, only to not receive a fair chance for advancement during interviews. Our department VP even said to most of the people in my department, "We prefer to hire externally from other Pharma companies so we can utilize the knowledge of their best practices from the new hire." So once your hired and teach the ways of your former company, you are no longer useful to management.

After having the epiphany that there is no room for advancement at CSL, I took a lateral move to another Pharma company for double my salary there, and was promoted within a year.

Given the choice of returning to this company or taking ANY other offer, I would always choose the latter.
Pros
The cafeteria and staff there are nice and offer free popcorn
Cons
Everything else
CSLB Experience
Global Medical Director (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PANovember 12, 2018
I worked there for 5 years and retired. Company had a lot of distractions due to input from Germany. No pension or stock options but does have 401K and matching plus Deferred Compensation optional enrollment.
As Global Medical Director had to travel globally and in US for meetings, medical conventions on specific topics
First 4.5 years was really good to work there. Then after the president retired and things restructured, it changed for the worst which prompted me to retire after 5 years.
Pros
Could commute to KOP from Home in Chads Ford
Cons
Difficult management
Lucrative pay and benefits. Good experience
Manager, Coagulation Products, Philadelphia, PA (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 13, 2018
Good experience.
Reps expected to be VERY aggressive.
Management inconsistent.
Job security not good; frequent firings of employees.
Good products.
Generous pay and benefits.
Learned plasma business.
Pros
Generous benefits.
Cons
unclear employee expectations.
A terrible place to work, this is a job for someone just starting out or those that do not have a secondary education
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 13, 2018
This company is absolutely terrible.. Management is horrible, its a lot of favoritism that takes place, also a lot of snitching and bribery by management.. Pay is terrible for processing, donor floor,reception and medical(nurses). They have the "its for the company attitude", they want you to cross train but don't want to compensate you for cross training because it's for the company. Benefits are mediocre, state benefits are better.. The turn over rate is extremely high, I've never seen a turn over rate as high as theirs... At some point they should try to see what's the issue instead of replacing good employees. They believe that if your full time you should have open availability, they want your life to revolve around the company. No compassion for those who have children because majority of management don't have children and their life revolve around the company... Hours can be long, some nights may end at midnight and will being at 5:30 am... This whole company needs to be revamped starting with upper management..
Pros
Meeting new people
Starter job not career
Reception Technician (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJuly 6, 2018
Worked there for 9 months was passed up twice for a promotion. Was told as to why I didnt get promoted the first time second time nothing. They lie. In order to advance u have to kiss a lot of butt or they only promote the ppl that they like. Was fine at first working there then everything started coming to the light. Ones who got promoted Shouldnt of. Management is blind as to what is really going on. They don't care about employees only about keep their numbers up.
Pros
Pto, free lunch on the first day somewhat understanding to school schedule
Cons
Communication. No value in employees
It was a job
Medical Reception Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 20, 2018
CSL wasn't a horrible place to work, but it was certainly not perfect. The office politics were reminiscent of High School, favoritism and cliques ran rampant. It was busy, fast-paced and even fun at times and I enjoyed working with the Donors. However sometimes the Donors can be incredibly difficult, and you will need to have a thick skin and tough demeanor. Management understood it was a tough job and took care of the employees, providing food and sometimes fun activities.
Fast paced but disorganized
Reception Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 20, 2018
Training was pretty easy and you do the same thing all day. Great to see a lot of different people every day and that no day is the same. Management started off ok but slowly became more disorganized and lazy. Nice that you can choose four ten hour shifts and have three days off but can be very draining. Usually free food around though so that's nice
Pros
Good hands on training
Cons
Long hours, draining, busy
Process Engineer Intern
Capital Projects Intern (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILNovember 21, 2018
This internship taught me so much more about real world engineering than I could have imagined. I learned about process flows, piping and instrumentation diagrams, professional communication. This internship opened many doors for me in my career that would not have otherwise been available to me. The process and automation teams are welcoming and collaborative. They are willing to work with you and answer any day to day questions or give opinions if asked for. It is a great team that I had the pelase of being a part of.
Stop!! If you have kids or do not want to be taken advantage of.....Walk away now!!
Senior Lab Processor/Area Trainer (Current Employee) –  Longwood, FLNovember 25, 2018
Do not apply or work here if you have kids, they will not work with your schedule and their simple reply to this is that they have to meet their "business needs", translation, "we don't really care about you"!! The pay really is ridiculous, the Phlebotomists are the only ones that start off making the most money, plus, don't think that working here will give you any "medical field experience" because it will not help you get a job in a hospital, the plasma business is considered the "arm-pit" of any part of the medical field, just call a hospitals HR department and ask them yourself! Additionally, CSL wants everyone of its center employees to be "cross-trained" into another area of the center so that you can help out if needed, CSL used to pay for "cross-training" but now sadly it is expected and you receive no compensation for any additional responsible that you take on!
Pros
Being able to donate plasma at your center and to get paid more than the center's donors, that's the only pro!!
Cons
Terrible work schedule, disgusting donors, Having to stay 2 to 3 hours late after the center closes!
I wouldn't reccommend it
Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHMay 21, 2018
The managment picked who they could control and those were the people were promoted. Working on the floor was fast paced and very stressful! Managers would not give you a break when needed. The point system for sick days is a joke! They allowed employees to come to work sick and spread sickness to everybody else. They didn't care about anything but numbers and volume. When I was hired the manager told me it was an open door policy but when you needed to speak with her her door was always closed. I've seen them fire people unjustly and make aweful accusations! The meetings they make you attend are repetitive and a waist of time but if you dont attend (even if it's your day off) they give you a point on your record. It's a toxic environment! Wish I had never waisted my time!
Benefits
Cons
No breaks, stupid meetings, aweful point system!
Supervisor position - good experience, could be better pay
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILSeptember 18, 2018
I worked as a supervisor (temp) at CSL. I oversaw union operators, who could be difficult to work with. I believe CSL underpays supervisors, which is why there is a high turnover rate after a year of experience. CSL offers a great entry into the world of pharmaceutical manufacturing, but the compensation is less than appealing.
Company with a purpose to help people in need of medical products.
Administrative Coordinator, Document Control (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILSeptember 20, 2018
Company had a more formal culture than some due to the need to keep manufacturing areas free from any contaminants and distractions. People treated each other with respect and worked well together.
Pros
Clean, friendly environment; Important work to help millions of people.
Working at the Plasma
Receptionist Tech (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 20, 2018
To be honest, I enjoy my job. I think the pay could be better. The only concern I have is poor management. There are so many people that think they run the place. Everybody wants to take charge. Not a bad place to work for someone searching for an entry level job.
Pros
short lunches
Cons
paid breaks
productive and fun work environment
PIPING DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILDecember 10, 2018
I was only a contractor there, I was sad to leave however after 2 years my contract was up. I was asked to apply for a full time position and get hired back, however I was loyal to my engineering company and returned to the office head quarters for re-assignment.
Pros
very friendly place
Cons
was only a long term contractor
horrible management.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIApril 9, 2018
would never recommend someone to work here, employees are extremely rude and unprofessional and management ignores it. Very competitive, unrealistic goals.
Pros
Cons
everything
Don't work here
Reception Technician (Former Employee) –  TampaJune 22, 2018
This company is a joke. I worked there for almost 3 years. They play favoritism. Prepare to be overworked and underpaid massively. Management sucks mostly. Beware of the clique of MSAs. If you're not one of them then you suck at life basically.
Pros
Free food sometimes
Cons
Your opinions do not matter. At all.
Temporary
Reception Technician (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 21, 2018
I don't recommend staying for long the environment is extremely toxic due to management(sexism, retaliation, sh, favoritism). Work isn't appreciated especially if you're a receptionist! Gain any experience you can from here and book it.
Pros
Good experience when it comes to phlebotomy
Cons
Management.
Great Corporate office but...
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 14, 2017
Great Company initially however the culture changed as well as management and it went downhill. Had great benefits and good advancement. HR policies are vague and can be changed as needed to keep or terminate employees at will.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Management and HR needs to be accountable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSL Behring. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at CSL Behring.

Powered by Comparably