CSL Plasma Employee Reviews

CSL Plasma was a great place to start out my career!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 20, 2018
CSL Plasma trained me on phlebotomy, in all areas of production and the "flow" of a plasma donations and how to run an operations facility. I learned more about my needs in a career and life-balance than I could have ever imagined with CSL Plasma. CSL Plasma gave me a great opportunity to continue my education, and supported me doing so through scheduling.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, supportive management, training opportunities
Phlebotomist
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Evans, COOctober 17, 2018
Great place to work! Enjoyed my time there. Management was great and they took the time to train me individually. Can be stressful but overall a very rewarding job!
Stressful and depressing place to work.
screener/reception (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 17, 2018
Extremely poor training due to no communication between departments and people do not know how to talk professionally, they talk down to you. working 10 hours for four days is extremely tiring.
Very unorganized
Medical Staff Associate, RN (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 17, 2018
NO autonomy as a nurse, feel that quality I the clinical aspect of the centers. very busy environment with lower staff ratio. very profit driven with outdated technology.
Pros
donors
Cons
no breaks, long hours, open at 6am
Much Nepotism and Favortism is shown
DST (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSOctober 17, 2018
It is not what you know but who you know that advances you within this company at this location.
The most rewarding part of the job by far is the opportunity to assist, talk with and interact with the Donors. They come from all walks of life and are generally some very nice people, they make my day.
Fast paced
Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort CollinsOctober 15, 2018
Fast paced environment. As long as you have a good work ethic it's a good job. Plenty of opportunity for advancement. Can be micromanaged. Great place to learn phlebotomy.
Pros
advancement
Cons
understaffed
It’s a fast environment to be in
Phlebotomist Technician (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXOctober 15, 2018
I like some of my coworkers but the donor floor is the worst place to work at donor floor gets less help and the whole ratio thing is stupid if you ask me as an adult I think it’s stupid to have to wait for another adult so you can go to the bathroom big tip wear a pamper
Productive and fun at times
SR. RECEPTIONIST/DST (Current Employee) –  2704 TEXAS AVE COLLEGE STATION TXOctober 12, 2018
Very busy fast pace detailed oriented job on a daily bases. But the job taught me how to have a strong work ethic, patience, and attention to detail. But I worked hard and learned how to communicate with co-workers and take direction from management. I love the people I work with we are like a big family always helping each other out.
Pros
hour lunches and parties
Cons
mangement not organized or have communcation problems
Non stressful work
Medical Staff Associate (Current Employee) –  Haltom City, TXOctober 12, 2018
Typical work day begins working on the P.E. Getting your desk/work area ready to see donors to assess arms or to do full examinations. Staff is helpful.
Pros
stressfree
Cons
hours
The most enjoyable part of the job
Receptions Technician (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 9, 2018
My enjoyable moments were working with the donors. I enjoyed doing the donor process in order for the donors to get money they needed. It was entertaining how many people came in during incentive days. I would love to work there again.
very poorly managed
Plasma Processor (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVOctober 9, 2018
Not sure how the others are run, but if they are run anything like the way Jeff ran the one in Parkersburg, WV, they are in big trouble. Be very careful with (at least) this location.
Pros
was a job
Cons
boss had a severe Nepoleon complex.
co workers are pretty great
r.Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Medford, OROctober 7, 2018
the hours are grueling and pay is not enough. the turnover is high and the procedures change constantly. it is a great place to learn phlebotomy but not an easy place to work.
Interesting place to work something new every day
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 5, 2018
fun place to work as far as interacting with the donors and co-workers learning new information for a new process to be implement into our daily work prepare donors for there plasma donation screen donors to make sure that they are suitable for donation on that day monitor donor activity to insure donor safety.
Pros
Yearly Bonus Free Lunch
Cons
working with no breaks and only a 30 minute lunch most days
fast paced
Medical Receptionist Technician (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZOctober 3, 2018
They do all in house training, they teach you the basic in Bio Hazmat material , they have a lot of multitasking on a daily basis. There is never a dull moment at this job
Great company to work for.
Quality Specialist (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 2, 2018
Best Company I’ve ever worked for. They work tirelessly to make a difference in people’s lives. The medicine created from the plasma collected treats thousands of people
fun and relaxed
Donor Support Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 2, 2018
very good work environment, options to grow with the company and advance. training was fairly easy allowing classroom ;earning and on the floor hands on training.
Poorly run
PHLEBOTOMIST CSL PLASMA (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 1, 2018
Management is not good. Upon hire was told i would have 25-29 hours a week and they would work with my other job as long as I gave them a two week schedule. Schedules were never out on time and I only was getting 10-12 hours per week
Ok place to work
Reception Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 30, 2018
It was an ok place to work. You will be expected to work weekends. The managers were ok the supervisors were less ok. The breaks were never long enough if you got a break at all. Learning about the process was fun though. Lots of training and paperwork to get through.
Pros
get to donate plasma there and get money for it
Cons
short breaks or no breaks at all.
Just a job
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 30, 2018
Ok place to work. Good for a paycheck. Maybe not so much of a career. Depending on what you like tho. Not much room for advancement. The company doesn't offer good benefits for their empolyees.
Pros
regular paycheck
Cons
no advancement
CSL is innovative but is not competitive salary-wise
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 30, 2018
CSL is innovative but is not competitive salary-wise. It is a good company to work for as far as getting good experience. Everyone is underpaid at the center level. As a Manager that meant constantly recruiting, interviewing and hiring. This distracts from doing your primary duties

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSL Plasma. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.2Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight