CSL Plasma

CSL Plasma Employee Reviews

United States2,647 reviews

Found 2,647 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,657 reviews
donorplasmadonatephlebotomistphlebotomycenterdonationblood

Great place to get laboratory experience

Featured review

CSL Plasma selected this as a representative review
CSL is a great place to start a STEM career! They offer so many learning opportunities and you'll even find yourself working on some life skills as well. Don't be afraid to put yourself out there on this job, every little thing counts to help you get to the next level in your career.

Rewarding job with opportunities to advance in career level

Overall a great place to work. Pay is competitive and good benefits. The management needs improvement in the aspect of communication. Very frustrating at times because there is so many managers, group leads, senior positions and quality and half the time, they are not on same page. One manager wants it one way and then next manager says something totally different.

CSL Plasma insights

Based on 2,035 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Awaome

This place is overall amazing it’s always clean and kinda slow but they get thenjib done as fast as the can people seem not to understand that it’s a process

Poor management & work culture

Management had conflicting rules. Lots of drama as a whole. No work/life balance. Some management talked down to employees.Was told not to trust coworkers because they’re not your friends (Aka DRAMA)

Pros

It’s a job

Cons

Poor Management Relationship with employees, work/life balance, drama in workplace

Bad management

This place is nice from the outside looking in. It reminds me of high school. Too much drama and managers playing favorites. Donors have more pull than employees. Horrible at managing schedules and let certain employees get away with things, but not others. The atmosphere feels tense most days and the building needs lots of fixing, but it will not be addressed

Very disappointing work environment.

The staff and management team are consistently short tempered and careless. Training to start work was a slow paced process and seemed disorganized. The center is clearly having trouble keeping employees and keeping up with demand, the massive amount of work that individuals have to do to keep up was very stressful. There was no support or direction and the wages were barely livable which is why most employees, including myself only stayed until a better position at another company was available. I am very disheartened by my experience with this company.

Pros

Snacks in the break room

Cons

Incompetent management and training, Disorganized, Poor training, Rude staff, Poor wages

Like family I miss them

They will train you on phlebotomist if you stay long enough and I think that’s amazing . Every one there basically gets along but the donaters are a little bit ghetto but it makes for an interesting day always

Messy and a high stress job

The job itself is easy but very repetitive! Between irate donors and favoritism the job is what you make it Take what you can and LEAVE they offer decent benefits and tuition reimbursement TAKE ADVANTAGE

Mentally exhausting place to work

Management does not have great communication skills with each other rules and regulations are switched constantly but could be fun to work there if you have a good attitude and don’t have personal conversations with other employees as employees do like to spread your personal business to each other.

Pros

Donation set pay is higher than normal donors

Cons

No holidays, management does not care about employees

Great starter job into medical feild

This job is precut for some that’s just starting their medical career the donors can be a lot to deal with other than that it’s not that bad pay should be higher

First nursing job

Overall I would not recommend working here as a nurse. I can not speak for other locations but mine was quite toxic. Hopefully this has changed. Many reception staff disliked the nurses for odd reasons and would complain about us being paid more ect. It was all very strange how the dynamics worked there. Management willingly ignored this and would promote people who were rude, unprofessional and lazy.

Lack of motivation and acknowledgement for hard work

The thing that motivates me to come in to work is the good co-workers and nice donors. Management can be hard to work with and all quality (except for one) mansplanes your task when you ask for help. The point system is jacked and missing work for sickness gets you a beautiful point. They also don't move along the processes for bad employees who often do procedures wrong and have a rude demeanor. I find donors standing up for me most times when management or rude co-workers say rude/condescending things. Most donors are kind and make me happy to screen them. One day I had been screening for 3 hours by myself and all of the donors were nice and there was a common agreement for me to be in the zone and get everyone in and out. Management did not acknowledge my hard work and simply told me that I did something wrong. They then awarded the bad co-worker for screening an hour by themselves. Very difficult to stay motivated and most of my co-workers agree. They keep me going and the majority of donors as well. I am on my last leg and one of the managers asked if I wanted to go home, "Will I get a point?" "Lol, yeah"

Busy

The environment is hectic and busy, the managers do come out and help sometimes Pros: flexible schedule30 min lunch breaksCons: shortstaffed (employees don't stay long)Overworked Pay isn't great, my starting pay was 12.30

Fun, supportive staff, flexible

Csl has Great payThe job is Not stressfulYour helping make a difference Supportive staff around the clockFlexible hoursFunGreat benefitsTeamworkMy experience with csl has been grear!

Horrible

Run… run away and don’t look back. They ride the good workers till the wheels fall off and reward lazy ones. Management needs an overhaul. They do buy food often though

Alright for exp, but pay

It's decent, bad pay though. Management is great, they accommodate with your schedule. Free food, nice people, donors can be mean but you just got to accept it.

Toxic environment

The environment is toxic. Many people hired are rushed through training and are pull the floor recklessly. Management is very rude. How hard is it to greet your staff??

What is the best part of working at the company?The people i get to work with What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Being short handed and not having enough staff to gey through the rush hours more smoothly What is the work environment and culture like at the company?For the most part every one is very nice and respectable every one is always willing to help when needed and if you arent sure on a issue there is always going to be a senior, lead, or a trainer on the floor that you could go toWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?It is a very repetitive job this is no joke. Once your on the floor you will be continuously on the go weather it be settimg up machines, disconnecting donors or sticking if your a phlebotomist. We stock through out the day at least a couple of times each shift. And when people do there part it goes very smoothly but you will have days that your short handed or so busy you dont have time to do anything outside of your job discreption. I will say though the people you work with will make the day go by and even when its crazy and hectic the stress level never gets to out of hand.

My favorite job

I loved working at this job. Very uplifting and willing to help managers as well as a fun work environment ! Pay could have been better although going to a job you like everyday is definitely a plus!

What is the best part of working at the company?the customersWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?the managementWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?terrible it was a hard place to workWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?it had its ups an downs

Phenomenal Work Environment

Taking a job at CSL is one of the best things that I have done. it is a great work environment because of the great people that work there. Management is excellent as well! Thank you CSL Medina you rock!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSL Plasma. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.7
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare CSL Plasma with

• CSL Plasma
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?