CSL Plasma Employee Reviews

Found 1,264 reviews matching the search See all 1,266 reviews
Being a Plasma Donor Support Technician is actually a pretty good day job, but doesn't pay much as a part- time employee.
Plasma Donor Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 16, 2019
Being a Plasma Donor Support Technician is actually a pretty good day job. However it does not offer it's part-time employees a high enough wage for considering the work load while at work for part-time employees is the same as full-time ones.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Low wage, long weekend hour are mandatory.
Na
Receptionist tech (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJanuary 15, 2019
It's alot to remember and to do and you are not going to be able to be certified if you we're to leave. Overall OK but compensation needs to be more and for new workers, it's a must that they provide more hours.
Pros
OK salary
Cons
No certificate after training is Done
Not a place for career development or job satisfaction
Medical Staff Associate (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 14, 2019
There is no development of nursing skills here.
Boring and repetitive work
You have no autonomy; strict SOPs must be followed with no deviation.
Management is resistant to change and ideas.
Clientele is the lowest society has to offer.
Pay is terrible
You have to work every other weekend and sometimes to 10 PM at night; open 7 days a week.
Pros
Significant "down" time; getting in lots of book reading.
Cons
see above review
Immature Culture
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 13, 2019
Typical days start early, there is alot of physical work for what the pay and sometimes to cut staffing hours mgt will cut a persons hours without notice as involuntary time off. The stream of clients can be either overwhelming or slow to come in. I learned alot about plasmapheresis and the regulations that drive the procedures. If help is needed it is hard to get mgt to help you without everyone else knowing your business at this place. Basically if you want everyone to know about you as person just tell mgt then everyone will know. The hardest part was dealing with co workers, mgt playing favorites, and the poor attitudes of some. The enjoyment was some of the customers but it is not enough to keep a person there.
Pros
The hours were decent
Cons
Immature co-workers, bad mgt, poor attitudes
All Good
Medical Laboratory Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 10, 2019
It is a good company, good employee benefits, and management can be very good. I've learn allot here and there while working at CSL Plasma. Company has good mission and strives to peruse it. Most department does it well. Need to really focused on all department to make sure works are being fair for everybody. Make sure management are not really focusing on it's mission and hurting employees or overwhelmed them in the processes. Company need more assets to work with as well as more employees to make work flow run smoothly and fair among's everyone.
This place needs work with the management.
Medical Staff Associate (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 9, 2019
The management here is less than desirable. All other aspects of working for this company are good. The pay is just okay. Its should be alot more for what they require of you here.
This was a very enjoyable job
Medical Screener (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIJanuary 8, 2019
My job was very fast paced, enjoyable, always trouble shooting. I loved my job. The hardest part of my job was deferring donors. I would always give the donor the information to be able to have a successful donation. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know my donors. I love how much I learned working at a plasma center and would love to further my career.
Pros
They always provided us lunches
Cons
short breaks
Great company with unrealistic goals
Quality Manger (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MIJanuary 7, 2019
Great company to work for, local management expectations of your job duties and the pay is unrealistic. There is no work home life balance, shifts are continuously short, employees are overworked, upper management requires that you are always on call and respond to their emails or text immediately. Even on days off you are working constantly answering phone calls or texts.
Pros
Advancement is what you make of it
Cons
Upper management views, no work life balance
Medica Recepetionist
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 7, 2019
Working at CSL plasma in the beginning was very nice ONLY because of my coworkers. They showed poor management, we went from having maybe 2/3 managers to having 5 PLUS a supervisor. They never talked to each other because if you spoke to one manager about something 1 or 2 other managers would call you in to talk about the same problem. You cant have a life working theor, they want you to be about the company and only the company. I was fired because after I ame back from maternity leave I needed to switch my off days and they told me they couldn't because so many people were quiting I ended up having to call off then they fired me after I worked my whole shift. They show a lot of favoritizim to employees who have been their longer as well. There is really no room for advancement other then the from the receptionist area to donor floor or processing maybe even a training position.
Pros
employees, located near resturants, 1 long lunch
Cons
no benifits, low pay, poor management
A horrible place to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandJanuary 6, 2019
I came to this job being offered false promises. The management is horrible and I can't wait to find another job. There is favoritism through out the company. The only way you'll ever get ahead is if they like you. It's never biased on your experience.
Fun place to work for
Senior Technician/Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 5, 2019
This is a fast paced job. Need to not take anything serious as donors like to be rude. Fun coworkers and management. Quick company to advance with. Hardest part is seeing co workers leave and move on.
Pros
free breakfast most days
Cons
when its super busy half hr lunchs or skipped breaks
Poor management
Reception Technician (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJanuary 5, 2019
The managers will have u do things then u get written up for it and they won’t listen to employees concerns but they were usually good about trying to work around ur schedules
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Poor management
Nope
Assistant Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 3, 2019
Nope not worth the stress! It's a cut throat profession. Always under staffed. Low pay. Started at 8.85$ now it's 10.99. They work you to death! Nobody cares!
Pros
Saving lives
Cons
Corporate
Would be great if things did not change as much as they do,
Assistant Manager of Quality (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaJanuary 2, 2019
CSL is a company that offers great salaries to exempt employees, poor wages to the hourly staff, and great benefits to all employees. It would be an even better company if the upper management would stop pretending that they are unaware of the things that occur in the centers. It would also probably be nice if they would get their documents under control so there would not be as many changes as the industry already requires.
Pros
Benefits, salaries
Cons
You may as well kiss your family goodbye because your heart may belong to them, but your a@$ belongs to CSL!
daily routine
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 1, 2019
days were pretty much mapped out, we were given instructions at out daily morning meeting where we would work before and after lunch. One thing that I did not like is that we were told when to go and take breaks and lunch everyday.
Pros
not many employee
Cons
not having opportunities to advance in company
Fast pace, pay wasn't covering my living expenses
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Arvada, CODecember 29, 2018
A typical day of work consisted of answering calls, signing up new customers and welcoming back old customers, taking vitals, pricking fingers to collect a blood sample and testing the hematocrit , light cleaning, stocking supplies.
Pros
Fast pace, meeting a lot of new people
Cons
Pay just wasn't covering my expenses!
typical work environment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 28, 2018
i enjoyed my 3 years working here. The turnover rate within isnt so good, there's always new people working and they recruit donors from within to apply for positions to ensure they can donate plasma in 90 days. The management is okay for the work that we do but theres not good structure and the schedules are too variable and are not suited for the day to day needs for workers.
fun place to work
Reception Technician (Current Employee) –  Lincoln Park, MIDecember 27, 2018
They have a good mix of office work and time to debrief. we get 15 min breaks (paid) and 30 min breaks (unpaid). There are standards and policy are enforced. there is very little leniency with veering away from the policy. the donors who come in are upheld to standards and if they don't comply they can leave and possibly not come back.
Pros
free lunch and breakfast
Cons
hours
Amazing company
Sr. Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA store 147December 27, 2018
Through working here I’ve made a great deal of advancement in the medical field. I’ve managed to learn phlebotomy, each vein within the human body as well as how to fix machines, cleans machines, do reception, as well as plasma processing. There is no limit to how much you can learn working here.
Worst place to work
Sr. Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 24, 2018
The environment there is terrible. Management lies, has no respect, and treats you as if you are a child. They will change your work days on your days off, 10 hours before the shift and treat you like a child when you show up for your shift that was supposed to be scheduled. They will make you work 5 plus hours without a restroom or water break. They will hire you on as a technician, and make you clean toilets and mop floors and put away pallets of warehouse shipments. But the worst part of CSL is that management plays favorites, one person can have 15 or more attendance points and never be let go if they are liked by management, and people that aren't liked with 4 points will be terminated. They encourage an environment of gossip, there was always some sort of drama and management seems to encourage it.
Pros
Cons
split days off, turn around shifts, low pay, no respect

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSL Plasma. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight