CSM Bakery Solutions Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Bait and switch
Worker (Former Employee) –  GAJuly 16, 2018
I was hired through a contract employer with the understanding my title would be an office position with the hours of 9 am - 6 pm. On my first day, I learned my title was a warehouse position with hours of 6 am - 6 pm. I have no idea why they thought that would be ok as the manager I interviewed with never gave me any explanation or even met with me to discuss. Also, he tried to pressure me to leave my former employer without two weeks notice. Furthermore, there was no opening in the warehouse for that position because they already had a contract employee managing it, and he was not happy about my presence. I took a gamble because I wanted to improve on my SAP knowledge. Very strange management, and I can see why the reviews are what they are.
a typical night at work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAJune 13, 2018
the most enjoyable part of the job and good for me help family also near to my address the best shift for me because my baby take school and I can after school take care my self.
Started out great, but then there were major changes
Sr. Food Technologist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2018
There are no typical days as they rely on the project workload. some projects move faster than others and require different amounts of effort. I learned a lot about food science and manufacturing while I was there. The culture of the R&D team was really great, however there was a lot of issues with senior leadership at the time I was there. CSM doesn't make decisions very well for moving along on projects and it makes it hard to see things to completion. My co-coworkers were the best part about the job.
Do not work for this company.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJune 3, 2018
I worked at this company for 4 years. Back when it was Best Brands it was a fantastic company that cared for it's employees. Once CSM purchased the company it became awful. You're just a number and not a human being to them. They will look for ways to get rid of you when they can, even if it's against their own policies. They eliminated positions and even fired many that were there for up to 35 years. Look somewhere else because you will regret working here.
Pros
The workers.
Cons
Everything else.
Great place to work and learn the food manufacturing industry
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Pleasant View, UTMay 30, 2018
Great company . Gained lots of knowledge and experience from the help of many mentors . One in particular went above and beyond to share his experience and help develop my leadership skills .
The experience and knowledge I Gained from my years at CSM have proved invaluable and has played a key role in my current success in my career.
Great place
Production/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAMay 22, 2018
Very face paced and there is always room for growth. Everyone was like family there and everyone looked out for one another. It doesn't take long to move up you just have to love what you do and do what you love.
A wonderful company with good culture and products in ruining
FINANCE (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 21, 2018
Pros:

Work life balance depending on what job you are in
Pay well on average based on what work performed
Expose to various responsibilities
Lack of management or request to perform depending on your job
Lovely employees and good products

Cons:

Work life balance only happens in certain roles. If you do the job well, you are expected to cover and carry all the ones that don't. A lot of lay-offs recently which existing ones will have to share the load. If you do the job well, you will be swamped with no promotion prospect

Lack of management or process guidance

Clueless and greedy upper management which is slowly destroying the company

No advancement or development unless you're a friend or know any of the management team well

No pay rise, no bonus, no training - you should work hard for the love of it!

The best thing that can happen to this company is to sack the whole management team!
Great experience
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAMay 3, 2018
The only thing I can say is that the pay doesn’t match. Wonderful and pleasant place to work. Long hours but the experience is worth it. If you don’t mind the cold then it would be a great experience.
Slow pace an inconsistent work environment.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAApril 23, 2018
I liked working at csm but the machines always break down an they would send us home so we never really got all our hours for the week. I also didn’t like the management there.
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
Short breaks, bad leads
Not a Healthy Place to Work
HR (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 9, 2018
The company has continued to reduce its workforce since December 2016. There are some great people working here just waiting for a phone call with their next opportunity. There are folks in senior positions that will not fill vacancies because they find it hard to look a candidate straight in the face and tell them this is a good place to start or grow their career. Some members of the Leadership Team have continued to treat CSM as their personal playground, making decisions that serve their own interests with little regard to the effect it might have on the business as a whole. The company has people in VP roles by default who have very little experience in their function. Some of these folks have convinced themselves that they actually saved the business in 2017, but they were only cleaning up their own mess. It is obvious to many that the bakery products business is a tough space, but there are companies in this space making lots of money, CSM is just not one of them. If you have other opportunity's, take them. This company's best days are behind them.
Pros
Good Products, Some Great People
Cons
Poor Functional Leadership, Unwilling/Unable to Invest Where Necessary
poor team help
Quality Control Technician Lead (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAMarch 23, 2018
Productive need help getting organize. They do not have enough production people to start their shift management is not around and there's not managed a team right
Pros
Good people and working environment
Cons
Poor management
Focused and bright people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAFebruary 26, 2018
Outstanding people hampered by past regime's egregious errors. They may not be hiring for a while, but keep them in mind for down the road. People are not going to stop eating bread and baked goods.
Fun place to work and very safe.
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAFebruary 24, 2018
I miss working for this company, they treat you like family and very generous with their employees and customers. I wish I could go back to the state and be back to work at it again.
Awful Work Enviroment
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJanuary 26, 2018
Change in upper management felt I was not running warehouse as they wanted. After being let go company posted an Inventory Coordinator and Logistics Coordinator positions and their role was to assist Warehouse Supervisor. So I was doing bad job but now you say it takes 3 people to do the job I was doing.
Cons
Awful work life and terrible upper management
Unorganized
QA Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, NYJanuary 21, 2018
No distinction between vacation and sick days so if you need to call in due to illness you get a point towards getting fired, doesn't matter if you have a doctors note and it takes from vacation time available. Lack of proper training for employees. Management doesn't take much interest in day to day operations. Not much if any room for advancement within the company. I like to get to work without being micromanaged, and sometimes I get to travel to other plants to fill in and see how they operate. Juggling everything that needs to get done when multiple people from production require something from quality at the same time is probably the most difficult part.
Pros
401k, healthcare, full time employment
Cons
seems like they want to fire everyone
easy job if trainde properly
Mixer Operator (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXDecember 19, 2017
team work is needed to keep your area under control. you will learn to deal hard headed people and think on your feet. most of the time you are forced to make overtime because people are missing in other stations. the main reason for this is some full time scare off the new temp workers by being too aggressive with them. benefits
Pros
benefits for full time
Cons
long hours and its hard to have a life.
Ok
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNDecember 6, 2017
This place is going down hill quickly. All the good workers n managers have left. Problely will not get any better anytime soon. Poor management n communication
Production
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GADecember 6, 2017
Well i was moving around cakes putting them in boxes and also working the machine when told to we also was having 30 mins breaks but its worth the time
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
safe workplace
HVAC technician (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GA 30083December 5, 2017
CSM is very a very safe and productive institutional. a very friendly environment. Enough break time. Friendly bosses. I feel like I am home at CSM bakery
Pros
team work
Cons
breaking down of machines make work harder
Cool Experience
Mixer (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GANovember 7, 2017
Makes different cookies cake mix together to make a source of cookies and cakes product for different big brain stores to be shipped out in a timely matter
Pros
Free cookie & Cake
Cons
Short Breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSM Bakery Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

54out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at CSM Bakery Solutions.

Powered by Comparably