CSM Corporation Employee Reviews

Cleaning the airport and certain rooms
Janitorial worker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 23, 2018
Walking around pushing cleaning cart cleanings walls , doors , brake rooms , moping floors , wiping tables , desk , bathrooms , mirrors , emepty trash cans , cleaning elevators. What i learned how to clean better. Work place was cool everybobdy was nice and kinda close like a family almost.
CSM is a competitive company with hotel and retail space.
Food & Beverage Director (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNMay 7, 2018
I oversaw the operations of the restaurant, In-Room-Dining, cooking staff and collaborated with the banquet captains and staff.
We hosted several functions per week as well as attracting neighborhood business through promotions.
Pros
Hotel discounts
Cons
Far too many meetings
Great Company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 20, 2018
I truly enjoyed my time with CSM Corporation. I had the opportunity to manage two different properties for them, and always had the support that I needed from the Corporate Office and my VP. Highly recommend this company to anyone.
Poor Management
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 19, 2018
CSM as a company I believe is great. Manager's from corporate office were fantastic and helpful, however management at hotel were awful. Treated employees unfairly, was gone for the day by 2:30pm on a regular basis, never helped if you needed it, didn't train well so turnover was high, just an overall poorly managed hotel.
Ups and Downs
BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 8, 2018
Working here had its ups and downs. The customers were always great, and that is why I stayed. The management was not always so great. They were very disorganized and very clearly did not communicate with each other, which caused many problems for me because I was told to do something from one manager, then got in trouble for it by the other manager. Eventually left.
Great portfolio
Commercial Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 21, 2018
Properties are very well maintained with a good tenant mix. Good team to work with both within property management and throughout the company. Very solid company.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 12, 2018
Good working environment and the employees were friendly and very helpful surroundings were clean and neat management was always willing to be attentive and helpful
Pros
Clean work environment
Cons
There weren’t any cons that I could see
Paycheck isnt worth the stress and disrespect
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 8, 2018
Management was terrible. Constantly changing company rules without company approval. Housekeeping manager was a loud mouthed, self righteous feminist who didn't show respect or gratitude to the workers of the establishment.
Workers were constantly being lectured and yelled at for something that was management's fault.
Pay is NOT competitive, not worth what you have to put up.
And 4 sick days a YEAR??? The heck is that about?? Especially in a job where you're subject to illness and pathogens more than others.
Pros
Tips left by guests
Cons
Terrible management, low pay, overworked, no mutual respect
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 31, 2017
I enjoyed every day working for CSM. They are a great company, very close nit. You will always feel support whether it be from a property you work for or from the corporate world.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Low pay
would not work
Head Groundskeeper, Bass Lake Hills Townhomes (Former Employee) –  Bass Lake Hills Town HomesOctober 6, 2017
poor pay, poor bennies, large disconnect between corp and site. Feel like a number at such a large company. Not a lot of room for advancement. Would not recommend.
personal opinion
Senior HRIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 5, 2017
there is nothing wrong with the company but management is not suitable to establish a stability working relationship between employees and management to achieve corporate objective.
Pros
good discount for transportation and parking
Cons
poor management
Great Place to Work!
Director (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 7, 2017
CSM is a great company to work for! I have many talented co-workers at both the corporate office as well as at the hotel level. Associates are hardworking and seem to really enjoy their jobs. The company offers very competitive pay and benefits as well. It's a large enough of a company to offer plenty of growth potential but small enough so that you don't feel like you get lost in the shuffle. Overall, definitely worthy of 5 stars!
Safe workplace
Iron Worker Helper (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 19, 2017
Love the work place it's very safe very good people to work for .very good coworker and easygoing very helpful please to work at a fast pace and helpful
Petty Popularity Contest
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNMarch 30, 2017
I once enjoyed working for this company, but it really is a popularity contest.
The pay isn't the worst, but it doesn't pay the bills either.
They let good people walk out the door, and then you see CSM hotels have all sorts of open positions. Maybe they should practice exit interviews to see why so many people leave.
Time and time again, I saw the outgoing, more "laid back"employees who frequently made lots of mistakes, and made more work for others would get a pat on the back and praise for their outgoing personality.
In general terms, this company praises the "no" employees for the rare "yes," to helping out, and lacks recognizing the "yes'" employees who are willing to always help out.
I feel CSM was once a better run company, but I feel the standards are slipping.
Pros
good coworkers, good guest interactions
Cons
low pay, poor structure of recognition
Engineer l (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJanuary 19, 2017
It's a real good job, I been working here since opening and I like working here, it's very interesting and productive and you learn a lot of new things.
What is life when you work for CSM Lodging
management (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 2, 2015
I worked for CSM Lodging for many years. You are just a number in that organization, and your input doesn't mean anything. If you are not part of the "Boys Club" then you don't have a chance of making it in this company.
They preach that they have this great work/life balance. Once you start working there and drinking the cool aide that they have you drinking, you think it is pretty great. Corporate management just breaths down your neck all the time about labor number, guest service scores, and how to do things their way. Would be nice to have the VP's and higher ups actually spend time in the hotels to see what we all go through. Instead they come to our hotels, and just worry about answering their cell phones and being on their email with no personal contact with us little employees.
Once I started to notice the company wouldn't help me out with time off etc, I started to see the value of the work life balance. They would make me work all the time, but always saw the managers and VP's getting their extended time off etc.
WATCH OUT!!!!
Pros
Hotel Discounts
Cons
work salary people to death, only 6 paid holidays, vacation time is capped at 140 hours even when it is not your fault you can't use it, bonus can be unmanageable.
Good people to work for
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDJuly 14, 2015
Very understaffed for the amount/type of work required. Daily tasks change several times during the day. Some work is to heavy for one person leading to injuries
Pros
Decent Administration
Cons
Daily jobs are to much for one person
July 17, 2015

Thank you for the positive review! We certainly value and appreciate the contributions of all CSM associates, and are glad you took the time to share your feedback. We wish you the very best!

Fun Place to work
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORJuly 7, 2015
I have nothing bad to say about my time with the CSM COrporation. they took care of me very well, there is tons of room to advance in CSM.
July 17, 2015

Do not consider this company as a senior leader
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 13, 2015
The company has no strategy and is managed with an iron fist. If this position is in the corporate office, you will be looking for a new position in 6 months. 9 senior leaders left in the past 12 months, 23 since 2012. Run far and fast.
Pros
Nice physical office space
Cons
lack of ethics at senior levels
July 17, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. It is certainly unfortunate that your experience wasn’t ideal. If you would like to speak with a member of our HR team, please reach out to Jackie at 612-395-7119. We wish you the very best.

Don't do it
Server (Current Employee) –  Renaissance Depot MinneapolisDecember 30, 2014
Restaurant Manager that's the worst you'll see. High turnover. Terribly long hours. No breaks. No communication. No incentives. Tips are good but not worth the loss in quality of life.
July 17, 2015

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSM Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.