CSM Services Employee Reviews

CSM Services ,low wages ,no chance for advancement
Commercial Building Cleaning Technition (Former Employee) –  Hudsonville, MIApril 1, 2018
A lot of poor business changes. The wrong choices for supervisors. Nepotism and favoritism is rampant. No recognition of employees that have a proven work ethic and actually do the assigned work tasks. Crew members that are related to supervisors get away with not doing their assigned work. The yearly hourly pay rate increase is pathetic... .10 or .15 or .23 or nothing at all once per year!? I stayed with this company far too long. Toxic work environment. Some do the work while others sit around playing games on their phones. Mean while the supervisors are well aware and allow it. This causes a lot of anemosity toward supervisor and the nepotism I mentioned above shouldn’t be allowed at least according to the workplace paperwork. That isn’t enforced at this company. I wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone I knew. There are too many reputable cleaning company’s out there to choose from. Companies that conduct their company Professionally and actually are present and aware of what’s happening at the accounts they provide services to. CSM isn’t interested in that. This company just wants a body to fill in an opening ,experience and work ethic aren’t a value to this company.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
csm services
White cloud high school (Former Employee) –  White Cloud, MIFebruary 15, 2018
I liked working here cause the hours worked very well with having childrena nd I could go at my owen pace without being yelled at the people all got along before and after their shifts and the job wasn't as bad as everyone thought it would be I could relax and clean and make sure it all got done and not have all the drama that came with most places of employment. I also liked that I didn't have no one looking over my shoulder trying to make sure that I wasn't doing anything wrong and the jo was very close to home.
Pros
relaxing and at my owen pace
Cons
alot of misunderstanding and people not communicatuing
High employee turn over
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Hudsonville, MIDecember 3, 2017
Forced to work more hours than originally hired for. High turnover.Supervisor calling me at home. Always asking that I make myself available for absent employees. This would happen at least twice a week.
Pros
pay
Cons
constant scheduel changes .
OK place to work for
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MI, Grandville, MI.November 28, 2017
CSM has great potential as long as the right people are involved. There was an excellent VP in the company but for unfortunate circumstances this person was not able to continue their role. Before I left CSM the HR manager's role became a dual role involving overseeing supervisors and account managers. Because of this person and no pay increase after 1 year I decided to leave for better opportunities. I was never considered nor asked to move into a different position instead staying put as a supervisor/account manager.
Fast passed
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 6, 2017
My typical day at work was very stressful. I learned patience and how to ignore ignorance and to get the job done. The hardest part of my days were when I had to do other peoples jobs because they didn't finish them so I had to. I really didn't like this job but I do love to clean.
Relaxed
General Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 23, 2017
When i worked for CSM I was working at the airport.It was really fun and relaxing I loved the employees I would still be working there but the transportation was a hustle.
Pros
Had fun, and easy work
Cons
no cons
Waste of your time
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Lake Odessa, MIAugust 15, 2017
Only work there if your the supervisors relation. Ive never worked at a more unfair place. You get punished for other peoples action.my shift was moved due to other workers in the lakewood schools not doing a good job. Every week someone was walking out. Boss talks to other workers about everybody.And to top it off the insurance is like 600 dollars a month for a family and its no good. Im not upset at nothing abt csm i just dont want people to go what i saw others go threw. Ohhhh you get a .19cent raise after a year.
long hrs. good pay
security specialest (Former Employee) –  Lorton, VAAugust 3, 2017
you work long hours at time . Pay is good. You travel to different countries. the company is a good company to work for.. there is not much advancement there unless you are friendly with the bosses. that is how it was when I was there.
Custodain
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Hudsonville, MIJune 21, 2017
I think the hardest part of this job is working without all the tools to clean things thoroughly. The other thing is they bounce us from school to school without finish a school completely.
Didn't listen or tell the trust
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Hudsonville, MIMay 20, 2017
No supplies, didn't keep their promises, they do not back up the employee, we're not perfect but just listen to our side before yelling at us, didn't pay me what you promised when you hired me
Pros
paycheck never late
Cons
didn't tell the truth, didn't listen, couldn't get supplies, brought my own in
nice exprience for me.
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  GrandrapidsMarch 6, 2017
I clean bathrooms and Dust sweep and mop also do windows .I clean steal doors in the bathrooms I claen tables.I clean sinks also like30of them put paper towel and tolet paper in .
Pros
no lunch.
Cons
2 half breaks
Expeect Everything & Give Little
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Hudsonville, MIFebruary 8, 2017
If you are a good employee who shows up to work you can get ground down fast as you will be expected to complete more than your fair share of work, most often without recognition. Their understanding of "open availability" means that you will be on call 24/7... if you say you can't come in then they will scold you.

As a whole the people that are the workers are fantastic, however midlevel management is constantly changing and upper management only gets involved if their are complaints.

Often called upon to work 15-20hr days / work days off / lack of schedule and consistent hours.

Not a great place to work.
Pros
People you work with
Cons
Constant changing of company: goals / regulations / policies
great work place
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 17, 2016
cleaned around the factory disposed trash stacked boxes and ran break down machine,vacummed,swepted, mopped,dusted kepted it smellimg good and cleaned.
love the job so far.
General Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIFebruary 4, 2016
Work 2nd shift 5pm to 11 or 1 depends on the day. Work alone dont have to deal with people. Empty trash vacuum mop clean bathrooms dust pretty easy job. Munson people are nice. Lots of hours so far.. Not to bad pay $ 9.50 to start then after 120 days get a raise depends on your work. Like management.. Good people
Pros
clean alone
Cons
low pay to start.
Productive Workplace
Janitor/Maintenance\ (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 20, 2015
Walk in, find your list of jobs to do for that day. Complete the tasks and help other coworkers finish their tasks so the building would be clean at the end of the day
Pros
Schedule fliexibilty
Cons
Some of the workers I worked with were not good people
Cleaning, vacuuming and throwing out trash... that's pretty much it
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Hudsonville, MISeptember 9, 2015
No benefits, low pay. Work can get tedious but they can be good about moving you around if you ask for it. I usually worked alone. Even when we had a crew I often was assigned an area on my own.
No chances for advancement that I saw. Most of my work with this company was part time.
Cons
low pay, no benefits, no chance for advancement.
Great if you enjoy getting paid.
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 26, 2015
Job is great as far as knowing your paycheck will be great but you have to like dealing with angry customers and negotiating heavily.
school custodian
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Hudsonville, MIJuly 6, 2015
cleaned and sanitized restrooms. cleaned up after sporting events. vacuumed floors and mopped. cleaned up after lunches and took out trash.
Review of CSM Services.
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Rudyard, MIApril 7, 2015
Everyone else was a good crew, but I just don't like it when people are being rude, for no reason. That's where I lose interest, and when I don't want too work. I'm a chill minded person, and I like too be treated, the way I treat everyone else. Also, there was no enjoyable part of the job, and there was no hardest part of the job. I cleaned the classrooms, did the bathrooms, the locker rooms, and lastly the trash.
Great place to work - friendly and professional supervisors
Floor Care Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hudsonville, MINovember 19, 2014
CSM is a building services contractor employer that has a great structure for all employees needs.

The have flexible hours, understanding supervisors, and excellent inventory.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Lower pay for experience