CSRA Employee Reviews

Too unstable of a company. The only stability is Upper-Level Management.
Executive (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VANovember 15, 2017
Ok for a temporary position, but not a good company for a long-term career opportunity unless you're at the top. Too much turnover and change management. The working culture is isolated and doesn't feel like a good working community. You tend to work in silo's here. They also bait and switch you with jobs. There is a lot of debt in this company, brought about when SRA & CSC merged. I would look elsewhere before working here. It's cutthroat and the management will lie to you just to get you in the door. Do not leave a good job for this one!!!
Pros
A paycheck...at least for a while
Cons
Isolated culture...working in silo's
It issues
Special Investigator Level 1 (Current Employee) –  Millersville, MDNovember 15, 2017
nonstop IT issues, IT help desk isnt that great and constantly just give you tickets without fixing the problem and then never call you back. Not a terrible company, just too many IT issues
This is a cool place to work.
Network Communication Analyst (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 13, 2017
I have been working for the company for a while and I really do enjoy the people on my contact. It feel like a family environment and we have fun while we get the job done.
Pros
Benefits are getting better
Cons
No Vacations only PTO and Holiday
N/a
Cyber Security Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 10, 2017
I have nothing to add. I already answered this question in an earlier section. Why am I being asked this questions again. If not mistaken, this appears to be the same question.
N/a
Systems Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 8, 2017
Asking a person to describe his or her workplace culture is like asking a fish to describe water. The fish isn’t even aware of his environment because he is swimming in it and is completely oblivious to its presence or its importance, for that matter. Human beings are the same way about workplace culture. They are ‘swimming in it’ and are therefore oblivious it presence and really do have a tough time describing it even if asked a direct question about it.
Nice Company
Field Engineer Professional (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVNovember 8, 2017
The company itself is a great company, but lacks advancement. The benefits that they offer are superior. There is nothing more that I have to say, but need to fill space.
Great company
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Norco, CANovember 7, 2017
Teams are varied. I was on a great team, but budget cuts required someone to go and I was being paid as a senior DBA, but working as a developer. Thus, I was way overpaid for my position.
Pros
Good team, great telecommuting arrangement
Cons
beholden to changing project budgets
Personnel Security Specialist
Personnel Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 6, 2017
Worked for company over 11 years supporting different government contracts providing personnel security support. Good company to work for worked remote my last year with the company.
Pros
Work enviroment
Cons
Promotion
Working with CSRA
Technical Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDNovember 2, 2017
Since I've worked with CSRA, they have been a good company that has taken care of me. They have plenty of job opportunities in the area and very supportive of their employees.
Little chance of advancement
Tech Writer (Current Employee) –  Norco CANovember 2, 2017
Weak at best, they do not do enough to keep their people busy. A full time position doesn't mean full time work. Additionally, no advancement opportunity with this company.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
Very little work
Productive and fun place to work
Sr, Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 2, 2017
I am extremely dependable. I have rarely missed a day of work, and am known for coming in early and staying late to finish important tasks and achieve results. This dependability extends to my collaborative work as well. I always meet deadlines, and help my teammates to meet theirs as well. For example, on my last project, a teammate was struggling to complete his assignment for the team, and I stayed late every day that week to help him not only complete his assignment, but exceed our initial estimations for the project. Best place with work and life balance.
Average company to work for. Did not provide well for geographically separated teams
Senior Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 31, 2017
I worked at a remote office, and for the most part managed by a local manager who was fail, but limited to making some local decisions. The work local working environment was pleasant to work in. The atmosphere was relaxed, and the team was cohesive. We were not collocated with the customer, but maintained a good working relationship. The worst part of the job was corporate's lack of support and concern for our welfare and livelihood. The best part of the job was the customer and people I worked with.
Pros
Core work hours and a relaxed working environment.
Cons
Poor relationship with corporate, and their lack of interest and support
I had great opportunities with wonderful people working on a government contract!!
Senior Software Developer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDOctober 31, 2017
We were treated as professionals, mostly. Came when we wanted and left (after 8 hours) as long as nothing critical was happening. There was no compensation for overtime. PTO became synonymous with vacation / sick leave.

At the start (30 years ago) working there was great with unlimited opportunities. I learned everything set before me and loved the work opportunities and new skills. Towards the end of the contract learning opportunities were diminished. The hardest part was when the government put unreasonable deadlines on projects, especially when the project target kept moving but the deadline didn't.

Worked with GREAT team of people on this contract, everyone helped everyone else!!! Even after being RIF-fed the management worked hard to help get needed documents for future endeavors.
Cons
Contract work is here today and gone tomorrow.
It was mainly work
System Analyst Tester (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 30, 2017
Came in and got your work done that was a signed to you. If you got your work done then you help others that where behind. Mainly got the documentation to follow to get the questions for what you are testing for. You are trying to break the system to make sure you are testing it to the best you can. So when it goes out there for the Marines to use it works. Navy was coming on board with the Marine Corp so a lot of the testing was because of this.
Pros
Was a job and paid my bills
Cons
No raises
Engaging and customer Focused
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 25, 2017
CSRA provides the opportunity to learn and work across multiple business units within the Federal Government. They provide high performing staff to perform the most intricate tasks. They have developed strong relationships with Customer Management Teams and left their footprints of success through out organizations.
CSRA has become a body shop
Programmer / Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 25, 2017
In the past CSC/CSRA used to try very hard to place current employees when projects / contracts ended. However, this has changed and current employees are treated no better than people coming off the street. So much for "dedication" and working all those extra hours to complete a deliverable!
Pros
Large company with many classified job opportunities
Cons
Lack of pay commensurate with experience and competence
Incompetence and deceptions of software prowess the norm
Program Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAOctober 23, 2017
Instead of learning and innovation, so called "teamwork" prevented any implication of truly advanced software and database design. Case in point: SharePoint. Which is nothing more than a document dump and spreadsheet repository. Obviously the corporate mindset is anti-Microsoft and pro military which is a sure formula for failure,
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
No innovation and is not open to change
What looks good on paper, may not be good in person.
Tier 3 Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAOctober 22, 2017
I worked there on what started as a 3 month contract but was extended well over a year. The last techs that remained after a huge RIF were stressed with tackling the work of what needed a full staff. Raises as I was told were stopped 7 years ago. And there were constant cuts within the company to allot to new facility. Morale was low and employees were looking for the escape route before the ax came down on their department. Aside from this the company has the potential for being as great as it looks from the outside.
Pros
Culturally Diverse, Friendly Employees
Cons
Will not hire unless you are looking to go to Bossier City, La., No raises, No resources to do your work properly, Constant uncertainty, Low morale
Great place to meet new people and learn a lot of new procedures
Network Specialist (Current Employee) –  Landover, MDOctober 19, 2017
Work days are normally busy learning how to handle crisis when they arrive. We worked a fast paced job where every minute counts for our customer (FEMA). You have to accurate at all phases of the job. The enjoyable part was seeding different states of this country.
Outstanding organization
Project Manager (CDC Task Order Support) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 18, 2017
Outstanding group of team mates supporting mission projects at CDC. Opinions are appreciated throughout all levels of office. The most enjoyable part of the job is the support throughout the team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSRA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9