CSRA Employee Reviews

Great team to work with
Lead Deskside - Customer Support Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJanuary 17, 2019
As IT is forever changing, I've been able to maximize my skills within this company.
I enjoy working with my team as we are all close knit and possess many skills which allow us all to learn from one another.

Current supervisors at my location are all very nice and they allow us to work independently. They are all very approachable and knowledgeable whenever we need additional assistance resolving a problem.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Short breaks
Not a place to work unless you enjoy micromanagement
TECHNICAL WRITER (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 14, 2019
CSRA Hires brilliant people, but they are stunted by micromanagement.

It is difficult to work in these conditions and when issues are brought to the ethics department, they are pushed under a rug.
Not bad, not great
Investigator (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJanuary 14, 2019
A typical day at work includes checking your casework, setting up appointments, briefing cases, conducting interviews, driving to find people, and smaller administrative tasks. You can set your own hours though you're pretty much on the same schedule as everyone else since you will be meeting people who more than likely work 9-5. The job is not meant to be work from home in the sense that most of your work can be done from home. Most of your work will be done out in the field either conducting interviews and/or locating people. The job itself is pretty stressful and tedious. There is a backlog of cases and NBIB expects these done by yesterday. There is such a sense of urgency you may feel overwhelmed when you have difficulty finding someone. You have to work with a weekly/monthly quota system and the job can feel like a sales job with you needing to meet your numbers.
Pros
You can set your own hours
Cons
Work can feel tedious, redundant, and purposeless
Decent place to work
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Menands, NYJanuary 5, 2019
Productive and a decent place to work. Like the flexible hours. That was a plus. I would return to work at CSRA if the job that I was doing when I left was available.
Pros
Not really any pros
Cons
Not really any cons, pretty neutural
Depends Upon Customer Contract
Communications Field Service Engineer, Kuwait (Current Employee) –  KuwaitDecember 26, 2018
CSRA responds to the needs of the Customer, much to the disadvantage of the Employee. Lack of Sick Leave and Lack of Medical Facilities at some remote sites.
Great Company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVDecember 23, 2018
I personally loved working for this company. It was awesome to get to speak to so many people from different states. The pay was good. I only left because they closed the wheeling location
Pros
great team work
Cons
they closed the location
Contract Ended
LAN - Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 13, 2018
I got arrested for a charge and before it got dropped they cancelled my contract.This was after I disclosed it to them. They did not support or try to find me another opportunity
Pros
Cons
A lot
Extremely stressful work environment with no opportunities for advancement. The best benefit is the insurance coverage offered.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barbourville, KYDecember 11, 2018
Depending on which contract you are hired on with the work can be quite stressful, especially for people with little customer service experience or may be new to customer service. Furthermore, the training was grossly insufficient and left me entirely unprepared for what my particular contract entailed. I still feel lost with the constant change of policy. You are encouraged to seek help but you will also be marked off on calls if you have long wait times while seeking that help. There are no opportunities for advancement and the pay is not great for the type of work being done. The best part is the insurance coverage offered. It is also very difficult to get any time off unless it is absolutely necessary.
Pros
Good insurance, frequent breaks, occasional meals provided
Cons
Stressful environment, no advancement, poor management, insufficient training, frequent update to policies and systems
very fast paced
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVDecember 11, 2018
I loved working there was very fast paced and you was always taking calls and they had to go fast. I did not want to lose my job but the hours was not there and they had issues with their contract with the FBI.
My company has given me many new abilities that never existed before.
Procurement Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaDecember 10, 2018
As the Government 10 year contract draws to a close, we have less opportunity for company sponsored functions. My company has sponsored the Wounded Warrier Project for several years. Collected for Toys for Tots and organized many team building activities.

I have a position that does not require constant supervision. I work my job, and have little need for someone to inform me what needs to be accomplished next. My responsibilities are many, and get completed as soon as possible. I interact with several Army sites across the country and Germany, and have acquired a lot of friendships with people I will never even meet. It has been fulfilling, however, it's time to find my new adventure.
The Worst
Associate Data Mining Specialist/SAS Developer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 6, 2018
Largest collection of unqualified leaders I've ever seen. I have never seen such a group of ignorant and untalented, unskilled leaders, leading such a group of highly skilled foreign nationals.

Trump would be proud.
Pros
Cons
everything
I like General Dynamics
Developer/Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 5, 2018
Great Company!

People are really passionate about the work that they do, and I have found them to be open to discussing new ideas and trying new things. Staff really put in the effort to get things done and care about the results.
Pros
I had a Flexible work schedule
Good workplace
Senior Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 3, 2018
I enjoyed working with CSRA. They have good management. Good benefits. Good pay. Potential to grow. Encourage learning and provide excellent training to employees.
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 2, 2018
IT is an okay place to work
There are many meetings throughout the day
Management is okay
Workplace culture is fine
Hardest part of the day is dealing with all of the meetings.
Contract ended
Electronic Technician/ Maintinance Rover (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCDecember 1, 2018
Contract ended. They didn't win new one and had no HR to help with transition. I was Maint. Rover for large area so no office support. Write more Write more
Pros
Company truck
Cons
no local office support
Best multitasking experience
Systems Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 29, 2018
Best place to have experience with variety QA testing tools, making and shear independent decisions. Nice working environment and friendly coworkers and employers.
Fun and friendly working enviorment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barbourville, KYNovember 28, 2018
If you are a focused and dedicated employee, the company is willing to work with you to place you in the position you desire. if you are not qualified or have aspiration for a position that you cannot currently obtain, the company will help you develop the skills necessary to reach your goals.
Pros
Flexible hours, great enviorment
Cons
Long hours, mandatory overtime
Multiple mergers in 3 years
Program Sr. Manager (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VANovember 24, 2018
Involvement with major bidding processes are very much encouraged. Company office locations are very convenient to public transportation, main office well location in the DC Metro.
Excellent arena to work in and management great
SCA Technical Instructor / Course Developer (Former Employee) –  SOTH KOREANovember 23, 2018
Fast pace,competitive,teaching arena. Company cares about employees. Learned alot of cultural sensitivity and a very enjoyable job. Opportnity to work both with Americans and Koreans, which is a great culture.
Pros
Teaching soldiers, And living overseas
n/a
Software Developer Associate Sr (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LANovember 15, 2018
Enjoyed working for this company. Good management and team work environment. Hardest part of the job is getting current documentation of procedures and tasks to perform duties as assigned.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSRA. Our community is ready to answer.