CSRA Employee Reviews

n/a
Software Developer Associate Sr (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LANovember 15, 2018
Enjoyed working for this company. Good management and team work environment. Hardest part of the job is getting current documentation of procedures and tasks to perform duties as assigned.
Great place to work overall.
Sr. Accessibility Testing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDNovember 7, 2018
Great team, management, work environment. Had a great learning experience in my stay. Appreciate the opportunity i was given and I would love to encourage everyone who wants to work there.
Productive Busy Day
Tier II Helpdesk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 6, 2018
Answering phone calls to help client's with their day to day computer issues. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new information and facing new challenges.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Short Breaks, and Health Benefits
Stressful
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDNovember 5, 2018
The training was awful and often times I was sitting at my desk wondering what I was supposed to be doing. Whenever I would ask for help, I was ignored. You pretty much have to figure the job out as it goes. There is a lot of material to learn and a lot of travel.
Pros
Relaxed coworkers
Cons
Travel, training, not paid enough
It was a good company to work for
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wheeling West VirginiaNovember 4, 2018
Working for csra was a great experience to be able to work for a great company that was contracted through the FBI. I learned a lot from the job and gained special skills to use in the future with other jobs.
Boring shift work
Solaris Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAOctober 31, 2018
Waiting for something to break followed by periods of frantic activity.
How to best create SOPs for the uninitiated.
The first set were micromanaging , ridged automatons. The second set were laid back and generally people friendly.
At first feeling like everyone was breathing down my neck. Later it was easy going.
Making sure every i was dotted and t crossed and having your hands tied when yo knew how to correct a problem but had to justify yourself with 2 months of grueling paperwork.
Getting to mentor junior sys admins.
Pros
Good pay for the area
Cons
Inability to demonstrate your true worth.
CSRA/GDIT Fails From the Top
Computer Operator III (Former Employee) –  Pocheon, South KoreaOctober 14, 2018
The job itself is enjoyable, as a Computer Operator you help the Military train and meet new people all the time. However, CSRA/GDIT's management failed to create a 40 hour a week schedule, often robbing their employees of their time or overtime. Caked on top of poor time management is the classic good ol boy system. Sight managers still thinking they are in the military trying to treat their employees like soldiers, trying to force contracted employees to work off the clock, and just a horrible gossip/vindictive group of children.
Pros
health care, 401K
Cons
poor management, HR is terrible
Relaxing atmosphere
Simulation Technician II (Current Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAOctober 12, 2018
Great place to work if you are not looking for advancement or change.
Same routine everyday, and you leave the job at work. No worries about bringing work home with you.
Pros
Relaxing work environment
Cons
No pay raises
good work environment
SCA Electronics Technician Maintenance 2 (Current Employee) –  Little Falls, MNOctober 11, 2018
The typical day was routine serving the customers and the mission was a daily task. I would be responsible for bringing up the simulator and doing functional test on it before handing over to the operator for the training of pilots.
Great learning environment
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVOctober 9, 2018
CSRA was a very good place to work.The management and affiliated staff were very knowledgeable and competent. It was a great learning experience with many friendly people.
Pros
health and vision benefits
All Business
Network Communications Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAOctober 6, 2018
You come to work to work, during you breaks there was some time to socialize, but main reason you were there to perform a job. You were new task, to help test for new projects, without guidance, more like figure it out on the way
Pros
Food is good in Louisana
Cons
Had to become a Louisana Resident to get hired
Good pople to work with.
Electrons Maintenance Technician II (Former Employee) –  Fairdale, KYOctober 3, 2018
Worked hard. and i liked the work. At one time i was asked to go overseas to hold a position for a short time. I happy to do so just for my boss. He asked and i was happy to do this for him. He was a good boss to work for.
Pros
Good bosses.
Cons
contracts.
Performed Background Checks.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVOctober 2, 2018
We performed background checks for gun control. It was a fast paced type of environment. It is a good place to gain data entry and customer service experience.
I love this job just looking for something different
CSR (Current Employee) –  Barbourville, KYOctober 2, 2018
Great job with great pay just a bit stressful. Supervisors are all nice and easy going. I have been with the company 3 and a half years so I’m just looking for something different.
Csra
Network Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDSeptember 14, 2018
My Director, Supervisor and Co Workers were great!! It was challenging in the beginning, we had to design and put up a completely new network which changed several times.
Pros
flextime
Cons
non
Productive and fun working enviroment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barbourville, KYSeptember 13, 2018
A typical day at work was going in, signing into the software program we used, taking calls for 2 1/2 to 3 hours taking a 10 minute break, then going back to work for nearly the same amount of time before lunch, thne after lunch having one last break before time to clock out. The management and staff were always very considerate in call coachings.
Pros
close to home, friends
Cons
short breaks
Great company to be employeed with
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VASeptember 13, 2018
Assist the Director of Policy and Preparedness with day to day Administrative needs such as travel, schedule meetings, prepare agenda, supply orders.
Pros
Teamwork always gets the job done
Cons
Management support
Great Company
Logistics Engineer (Current Employee) –  OconusSeptember 8, 2018
CSRA/ GDIT Has good health benefits, vacation and work environment-Friendly and helpful employees/management. Paid vacation and sick leave. The 401k is great.
Pros
Benefits start day 1
Cons
Due to massive acquisitions some offices are not as modern as others.
Great Culture
Special Investigator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 2, 2018
The work is fair and the managers are very competent and driven. Relatively a great place to work and I would recommend for any background investigator to apply here. At the same time I came from one of the worst places (Keypoint Government Solutions) so I might be amazed a little easier since I came from a deplorable and toxic environment. Regardless, my experience with CSRA thus far has been great.
Pros
Great culture, Fair workload
Cons
Compensation could be better for the amount of work.
job avancement
Desktop Support Tech (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AlabamaAugust 25, 2018
GDIT/CSRA have many jobs across the world so you could transfer to a new location . They always allow you to put in foe vacation days as long as you do your homework.
Pros
The pay is better than my prior job according to me.
Cons
They did not pay for transportation or household goods when moving overseas.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSRA. Our community is ready to answer.