CSX
50Below average
Here to help
Coronavirus update

CSX Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA5 reviews
Went to Atlanta GA. For training. Worked at the Rochester NY territory. Performed my job on Track switches. Learned my territory and associated equipment. Then after 60 days was Released from employment. The reason stated was that my Application was Rejected?? Now I'm trying to get my job back? It's posted now on CSX job site.
The wife doesn't want me to go back after what they've Done!
The FRA (Federal Railroad Administration) set solid rules and regulations that afforded me to be well compensated for my work. I met some good people during my time on the rails. I had some good times working for CSX Transportation.
It's the railroad. Don't even think about a career here if you're not extremely physically fit, alert, FOCUSED, and willing to work long hours (up to 12 per day) doing very physical work. The pay and benefits are excellent, as is the possibility for advancement IF you are willing to work hard and start at the bottom of a Union Shop environment. Definitely NOT for Snowflakes. No one will care about your feelings, just your performance, ability to follow the MANY rules and Federal Regulations, and your ability to WORK SAFELY!
Fun job, allowed me to meet a great many varied groups of people.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
This is a freight railroad business. The primary job is to move freight safely and efficiently. CSX is commited to making sure that is followed and gives you as many resources as possible to get it done. As a front line manager, you are the go-to guy when things do not go as planned and you better have an answer. Making sure employees go home the way the way that they left after work is always an important joy to the job. This railroad can be unforgiven.
Pros
great pay, independent type of position
Cons
24/7 accessibilty, people in wrong positions