CSX Employee Reviews

Productive and strictly business.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 19, 2018
It was strictly business, all work and no play. It was vey important to stay alert be aware of your surroundings where you had regular job briefings with your crew members.
Pros
To be able leave to work without being injured.
Cons
Very dangerous place to work.
I enjoy my fellow employees
Locomotive Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 16, 2018
CSX used to be a much better company to work for, it has taken a recent turn for the worst. Upper management does not care about the rank and file employees who are in my opinion making the company record profits.
Poor management
Mechanical (Current Employee) –  Willard OhioNovember 15, 2018
csx was a great company to work for before the hedge fund come in now employees are treated like scrape metal, employees have no trust or respect for management and management use fear and intimidation to bully employees, moral is the worst of any place I have every worked and there is no sign of improvement, safety is no longer a concern only operational ratio matters at any cost
Pros
Pay but be warned you pay alot more taxes and union dues
Cons
Poor moral and total lack of concern for safety is makeing it a very dangerous place to work
Horrible place to work
Conductor and RCO Operator (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, NYNovember 7, 2018
Workin for this company was horrible never recommend it to anyone who actually wants a life and not to live on standby and waiting for a random call to take a train
2017 leadership changes stripped the company for short term gain
Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 6, 2018
Don't eat your seed corn. Loved working here until management changes in 2017 carved all the meat out to focus on short-term gains. The operational structure isn't there.
Poor management, alot of family and friend clicks...
Equipment Operator/ Cdl A Driver (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 5, 2018
Great money and benefits, but very poor management. Even though the union is great to protect the employees, it makes railroad employees very spoiled and lazy.
I have a belief in earning your keep. CSX is like a huge middle school when it comes to the mentality of the management and employees...
Great opportunity
Controller's Group Internship (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 30, 2018
I am very happy I had to the chance to work here. I was a lot of busy work but the pay was great and the people were extremely friendly. ..............
Great place to work. Forward thinking. Empoyee centric.
Contract Employee, Compnova (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 21, 2018
During my short time as a contract programmer with CSX, I found the atmosphere to be very employee centric. I enjoyed the team I worked with as well as the manager of that team and management as a whole.

Having been assigned to two different teams while there, I learned about system management as well as train management and crew management.
good pay but underappreciated
Intermodal Service Worker-Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLOctober 19, 2018
Intermodal is the fastest growing sector in transportation. When I was hired it was the majority of the income for this $500Billion company. Intermodal service work is skilled labor and fast paced. It's also paid the least in the company and considered clerical work.
Pros
Good pay, Great Benifits
Cons
You might die its the railroad. It's men moving steel.
It’s ok
CSX (Engineer) (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 18, 2018
This job is good career if you have the patience to be laid off throughout your career. Employees are micro managed and are constantly looking for a reason to fire crew.
Pros
Money
Cons
Mgr
Great people that are poorly managed
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Waycross, GAOctober 18, 2018
I would not go back to them myself. Maybe as a young man I would stick it out. Between the union taking money from me and doing nothing in return. The company jacking employees around. The only thing they want is engines gone. They don’t care about the employees nor their family.
Pros
You get paid
Cons
Management and union.
N/a
Locomotive Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 12, 2018
Long house long days work most holidays
. Working out side ..
Alot of working rules ste over stricted abd other are not enough
Management dknt carevabout the people that work under them just about there job and how thry can one up the company and its employees
Pros
Good wages and benifits
Cons
Management dont care about workers
Long Standing
Customer Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 11, 2018
The company has long standing and tenured individuals, which made it difficult for growth opportunities. The culture within my department was distasteful and apparently biased.
Pros
Reputable, long standing, pay
Cons
growth opportunity, culture
Terrible culture
Transportation (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 10, 2018
great company for investors, terrible for employees. But not any different from most companies. Sad that a company can actually hate their own employees.
I loved my job but I was forced out of my job due to corporate greed.
CHIEF CLERK (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 10, 2018
I love my job but I was forced out of my job due to corporate greed.
Great people to work with but the new management style has created a hostile, low morale work environment.
CSX is experiencing many cutbacks
Communications Maintainer (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 8, 2018
CSX is a fine company, but is experiencing many cutbacks, not all positions are able to be protected by the union(s). As a union employee having recently moved in to the region, I have no seniority; therefore, I am subject to being "bumped".
Rapid changing environment
Manager of Positive Train Control (PTC) (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 4, 2018
CSX is a fast pace working environment that is solely concerned with the railroad. If you are looking for lots of responsibility with little training and a sink or swim environment, this is the place for you
Pros
Great place for workaholics.
Cons
No home/work balance.
terrible company
Freight Conductor (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, NYOctober 4, 2018
The company wastes money continually sending people to atlanta for training because after training you work for a few months before getting furloughed and very few people with any dignity or responsibility's return. At least that is how it went for about 30 guys i knew when i was working there.
Pros
running engines remotely
Cons
everything else
Great pay and benefits.
Signal Maintainer (Former Employee) –  Saint Albans, WVOctober 3, 2018
I loved what I did everyday! There is nothing worse than hating to go to a job that you don't enjoy. It was not that way at CSX Transportation. I always was challenged on a daily basis. I could accept overtime, but it was not required. It was truly like extended family there.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Travel
Good Money
Remote Control Engineer/Conductor (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 3, 2018
Great money but there's a lot of training that must be completed and pasted before you can even start making great money. Also this is a union job which mean if you're the last man hired you usually get the bids on jobs no one wants.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSX. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss