CTA Community Supports Employee Reviews

very fun workplace
Assisting participants (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTJune 13, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working at CTA. Not only were the clients the most fun to work with, but the staff was as well. They made sure I was properly trained, and answered any questions I had, made me feel very included from the first day I started working. Great place to work.
if you like kids
RBT (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJune 4, 2018
Fun job if you love kids. Did not have a lot of experience working with kids with disabilities. Moto i got there was that you are on your own to figure out things. Was not for me.
CTA review
Care Giver (Former Employee) –  UtahMay 24, 2018
CTA community supports is a wonderful company to work for they take care of their employees just as well as they take care of their clients. Its a job you can feel at home quickly in the reward from working here is so much more than just a paycheck the connection you make with the clients is worth so much more than that.
10 years for what....
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  UtahApril 11, 2018
Amazing rewarding job. The company is the best when it comes to quality of life for our clients.

Only downside that has kind of broken my heart is that I've given almost 10 years of my life to this company and this work.
They pay me the same as new hire's...
I deserve more.
I've asked for more and get treated like I should be greatful for what I get.
Just never felt appreciated or like I have meant anything to anyone... I have felt replaceable.... But I was never there for the money or I would have left a long time ago. Just hurts when your company doesn't value you enough to pay you what you deserve.
Pros
Rewarding relationships
Cons
Terrible pay for the work you do.
Great Place
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTMarch 6, 2018
Relaxed
Competitive
Patient
Goals
They would work with you on scheduling and other problems.
The clients are amazing and your always giving a hand.
Amazing kids to work with
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTMarch 1, 2018
CTA really focused on these children succeding in the areas they were working on. Very hands on, very productive, great staff and managers. You get as many breaks as you need 15 minutes most for on the clock.
Great Learning Experience
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 15, 2018
Working AT CTA was an awesome learning opportunity, it was a very demanding job though, I did learn to have a lot of patience, and learned about different developmental disabilities, CTA is definitely a great job. The pay wasn't that great, and I feel we could have received more, especially with how emotionally, and physically draining the job could be.
Cons
Short breaks.
Hard but Rewarding work.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTJanuary 9, 2018
This job is not for the weak. You will be given the proper training, but still it is hard. You will have to give it your all every shift and leave your personal life at the door the second you walk into your shift.
Pros
Community outings
Cons
Potential to get extremely hurt
good place to work
Direct Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UTSeptember 25, 2017
I liked working here. The girls I worked with directly were a lot of fun. If you are good with people, and have a willingness to help others. this is a great job.
Lack of Communication
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 28, 2017
Lack of Communication. I kept loosing my hours. And when I kept asking why, it was one excuse after another. My manager made up the excuses on the spot.
Great company to work for.
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Cedar City, UTJuly 28, 2017
I have been working for CTA for 2 years now. It is an amazing company to work for. I work in Cedar City, and everyone here is very helpful and works together to better the lives of the clients. I really enjoy coming into work everyday. Every day is a learning experience and getting to watch the clients learn and grow everyday is an amazing experience.
Great place to work with great people.
Family Placement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTJuly 28, 2017
CTA has been an awesome company to work for. They offer great benefits and opportunities to advance within the company. Whenever a position opens, they always look internally first before looking for an outside hire, which is not common these days. Most people that work here have been here for 10+ years, which speaks volumes about how CTA treats their employees. Co-workers are helpful, understanding and want you to succeed. Concerns have always been heard and addressed in a timely manner. Love working with people that have disabilities.
Life at work
Assistant Manager in Group Home for Disabled (Former Employee) –  Murray, UT 84107July 18, 2017
The most difficult part of the job is to ensure that the appropriate outlined behavioral specialist supported plan is implemented at the right time for the right behavior (s). This requires understanding, patience, and due diligence to hold yourself accountable for teaching the independent living skills to your clients. This is the overall goal, and it is to get a client as close as humanly possible to being self sufficient in every capacity that they can have, do.
Pros
Great clients in fun, casual, learning prompted settings.
Cons
disconnect between staff and upper management.
Productive Place to Work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 14, 2017
I love my job at CTA, but it has become extremely overwhelming and hard to find any one to help. The job duties and responsibilities required are almost impossible at times and you are hardly recognized even when you go above and beyond for years. Overall though, I have loved my job here and a lot of the people I work with and support. It has been a great place to work the majority of the time. You are making a huge difference and you build really strong relationships with clients.
Great company, very devoted to their clients.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTMarch 7, 2017
The company was very nice to work for. They are completely oriented around their clients well being. It was a agreat expierence working with them and learning more of how to care for people with disabilities.
Fun assisting people with autisim
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  SLC, UTSeptember 22, 2016
Working at CTA was an interesting experience as each day was completely different from the previous. The most difficult part of the job was when a client would go into behavior, and handling the situation without getting injured. My coworkers were amazing and the management did their best to keep everything running smoothly.
Pros
Great schedule
Cons
Fear of injury, no lunch break
Amazing team
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  West Jordan, UTFebruary 25, 2016
Very supportive team. Everyone helps each other and we are able to learn from each other. Constructive criticism is often used, and we are ale to communicate well with each other.
very fun place to work.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 3, 2015
You get to meet so many people in this ling of work. You get the chance of helping people better themselves while bettering yourself. Working in group homes or at the programs helping theses wonderful people. Helping people with autism, down syndrome, angel-man syndrome and so much more definitely help you see the good things in life. The people I got the chance of meeting while I worked here have definitely changed my life forever. Sure, some days were very hard and made you want to quit or tear your hair out, but the good days you have with them seem to erase all of the bad days. I can honestly say that was very close to my dream job, I miss it every day even more so, I miss the people.
Pros
Fun working environment, you get to travel, play games, go places you've never been and impact a life in a positive way.
Cons
No breaks, sometimes very violent, very dirty sometimes and underpaid for all that you do.
great experience bad management
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTOctober 1, 2015
This line of work is like no other. the feeling of helping the clients out is amazing and i wouldn't trade it for the world. but the coworkers and management of this company are lacking.
Pros
great feeling working with the kids
Cons
co workers and job security were horrible
It very fun when they are in good mood
Take care of people with austim (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 12, 2015
I work with a very people. They taught how to deal with other people problem.The management was great. CTA is nice place to work at.
Pros
Great place to get to learn alot from working with them
Cons
Getting kick and hurting you really bad

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CTA Community Supports. Our community is ready to answer.