CTF ILLINOIS Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
don’t work here, go somewhere else
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Homewood, ILApril 5, 2018
For the most part it was alright. Staff had too much drama within. Most staff aren’t friendly at all. Management is what will make you want to leave. They keep open positions from you so that they can offer them to their favorite employees. V.S is the only professional CLD. So unprofessional. Long hours. They want you to not have a social life. Upper management in homewood doesn’t care about clients what so ever.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
No breaks, poor management
Its crazy but I loved it
Administrator of Community Services (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ILApril 2, 2018
My typical Day was crazy it could start between 5a and 6a. Then in the office by 9am from there it was chaos, clients, meeting, clients, more chaos clients home. Eating lunch may not happen, going to the bathroom may not happen but I loved it!
Pros
Mileage reimbursement checks, schedule, the pay, the career advancemnt oppurtunities
Cons
long hours, not alot of career Growth potential, medical benefits are costly
Just getting through
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Homewood,IllinoisMarch 9, 2018
Staff don't follow BSP's for behavior. To much expectation to perform when you don't have proper equipment to work with in a room in Homewood location.You cannot go out to get lunch.Same stim music played everyday in the rooms no different varieties of stim music for clients. I do like helping the people and I like helping my co-workers when they need assistance. Not enough money.
Pros
At least they do recognize DSP week.
Cons
Building in Homewood location needs serious rehab.
Horrible Place to Work
Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILFebruary 7, 2018
Just don't work here. It's not like how the description or many of the other reviews are saying. Clients aren't treated properly. The management have their picks of employees who they care about more than others.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Staff and management
Lack of care for DSPs
Assisting clients (Current Employee) –  Charleston, ILFebruary 2, 2018
This job had its benefits, like having a lot of downtime and low supervision, which makes a great job for college students in the area. The company itself does not seem to care for its employees and views on the clients were mixed.

It is common practice for co-workers to blame each other when things went wrong. Very rarely did I see someone hold themselves accountable.

It is a joy to work with CTF's clients even though they sometimes upset the DSP.
N/a
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ILJanuary 17, 2018
My review in ctf Illinois is i really loved my jobs but they where not giving the hours i needed to take of my self. So i had to leave to try to find a better job this time full time
CTF Illinois
Train new staff members (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILDecember 11, 2017
I had a great manager at CTF who would help with our needs in order to help us care for our clients in the most effective manner possible. However, much of the management and staff within the company really do not care much about the clients. They treat them and their care as a job they have to do not as people. While I had some of the more difficult (violent) clients, I was able to build a relationship with them and help them reach several goals beyond what the company set for them. As long as you bond with your clients you should be fine here.
Productive and fun workplace.
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ILDecember 4, 2017
CTF was an interesting and fun workplace the clients all had there special way of bringing joy and sadness to your heart i really enjoyed working for them.
great job
Community Living Director (Current Employee) –  Homewood, ILNovember 15, 2017
Managing people 24/7 can be a challenge. The DSP staff does not make enough money there fore they are not as reliable as I would like. I'm constantly doing more supervisory things instead of director things due to staff call-offs. Also being on call 17 weekends per year is frustrating.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
insurance is very expensive
Great place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILOctober 18, 2017
CTF Illinois is a great place to work, with the company expanding there are more room for advancement. I really like that the company looks to promote with in the company before hiring new staff.
ctf
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILOctober 6, 2017
easy I learned how to work with the resident's management was amazing there was no hard part to the job most enjoyable was being around the individuals and the other staff
Pros
working around the individuals
Cons
no cons
Run away and never look back
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILJuly 19, 2017
They do quite a bit for the individuals which is a plus. As far as management goes no body knows what the they are doing. So unprofessional you ask them a question they don't have an answer. This company is so unorganized they have demoted a lot of minorities and promoted the other race. The big wigs don't want to be bothered with the individuals some of them go in their office and lock the door.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Too many to list
Ctf
Community Living Director (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILJuly 5, 2017
Overall great place to work. CTF has a great knowledge and great mindset for the residents they serve. Typical work day includes checking emails, overall aspect of the CILA, doctors appointments, supply shopping, and working on person centered programs.

I learned a lot in the managing field. Learning that you have to build some type of relationship with staff and support them to have full production.

Hardest thing about the job is the constant need of staff and/or constant changes that made it hard to follow the company with. You really do not have personal time to yourself, considering you have an on call phone for you to be reached at all times of the day and night.

The one thing I enjoyed the most is the smiles on the residents faces when they have accomplished something they never could have done, or being told they couldn't do. My overall happiness resided in the residents and there outlook on life.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, Job Security
Cons
On Call phone, constant changes
Unorganized
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILJune 15, 2017
They do good things, but no direction and bad managment. They do have a good mission, but the employee morale is really bad, employees complaining everyday and higher managment does not care to listen.
Pros
Good mission
Cons
Healthcare, Managment, Overworked/Underpaid
Decent company to work with, if searching for a job.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, IL 60477May 22, 2017
These people are a decent bunch of people. However, don't work as a janitor, unless you don't have any other choice. There's one good thing I learned to do, and that is vacuuming faster.
Productive and fun teaching
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Charleston, ILMay 21, 2017
I overall enjoy my workplace. Several great things about this place! Teaching the mentally disabled isn't for everyone, so getting a chance to do that for them is a very humbling experience.
Great clients, always having fun
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Olney, ILMay 8, 2017
I help assist clients, administrator Meds, take them on trips, help make everyday brighter. I love working with the clients, seeing them laugh, and enjoy getting out of the house.
Pros
Trips
Cons
Short breaks, no taking off
Typical day at work
Direct Service Person (Current Employee) –  Charleston, ILApril 15, 2017
A typical day at worked consisted of me assisted individuals with mental and intellectual disabilities. I would help them complete their daily goals, cook for them, feed them, bath them, and put them to bed.
Pros
Free food
Cons
high stress
Caring for Individuals
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ILMarch 30, 2017
A day at work composed of taking care of my individuals and making sure everything was in order. My coworkers and the individuals I worked with made the job enjoyable.
nice place to work
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Olney, ILMarch 4, 2017
good place for employment, mostly friendly staff, good life experience working with disabled individuals. not many people have that kind of passion for the work