CTG Employee Reviews

stays busy
Engineering Document Control Analyst - BPXA (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 11, 2019
great group of people, busy hours are great on schedule for commuting , management team is great, Offers online classes to better your self in the career.
Poorly Managed Contract Company
Account Support Representative (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 7, 2019
I began working with this company as a IT contractor in Spring 2018. There was no formal interview process and everything was done over the phone in terms of hiring and all other HR matters. There is no real sense of direction or support once you're on the job because you will never see or hear from anyone that is your so called "management". This is because they are located several states away in some corporate office and are severely out of touch with how things actually work at your site. There is no job security or room for advancement as the company relies on contract work within other contracts i.e. CTG working with company X, who's contracting with company Y, who does work for company Z. One positive is that the salary is negotiable based on your skills and what the position entails. This isn't a career based company but something to do if you need work in the meantime.
Pros
Salary, Flexible Hours, Experience
Cons
Poor Remote Human Resources and Management, No Job Security, Lack of Support, No Opportunities to Advance
Night Shift Print Production.
Print Production II (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLFebruary 16, 2019
Worked nightshift. It was a laid back atmosphere. Plenty of work to do, so nights went by pretty quick by being kept busy. Good people to work with. Decent pay.
Sr Software Consultant
Computer Task Group Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 7, 2019
I was hired to maintain a client's legacy EMR while client transitioned to a new EMR. I was responsible for all break/fix issues and any special projects related to the legacy software. I also worked closely with client's IT department on a daily basis as well as Vendors. Work was well organized and structured. I worked remotely with some travel with which there were no issues. Good work/life balance.
Pros
Work remotely, insurance, management
Cons
no cons
If you work for only one company this should be it
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 2, 2019
I worked as a consultant for CTG for more the five years.
I never felt more at home.
CTG supplied training support and direction.
DTG recognized when you excel in your position.
Pros
Easy to talk with
Great company
Level 2 Workstation Support (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARFebruary 1, 2019
Love the staff at CTG. But this contract is coming to a close. I have been in this field for over 6 years. I've learned a tremendous amount of knowledge through my experience
A day at CTG
Receptionist/ dispatch (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 11, 2018
A typical day at work is calmed. We get calls from the members so they could know where their cars is, how late the driver is, or to cancel their trips. I have learned a lot in this company because this was my first real job, meaning this was something serious and not a part time. I have learned about dispatch. My manager is always willing to help us whenever we need help or if we need something. The hardest part of my day, is when the member are complaining and they start yelling at you through the phone, you patience. I enjoy my job because no one really bothers you, you do what you have to do and you're set.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
short breaks
a typical work day
Spotter Driver (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 3, 2018
the job itself was ok but the manager was not a nice person. . where you had to go to pick up your truck was far compared to the job. When the manager wanted to talk to you he would expect you to drop the van off and come back even though the train was close to where you would drop off the van.
Treated OK as long as customer company pays.
PMO Program/Project Manager/Financial Ops Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILNovember 15, 2018
CTG-US has been heavily dependent on IBM as a customer. IBM has had continued losses so cuts subcontractor staff (like CTG) or cuts hours/rates. Only recently has CTG tried to grow so behind by years.

After role has ended, not seeing real effort to help find replacement position. In other words, on your own.
Pros
Able to work independant
Cons
Not really employee focused at all.
hostile work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Middleton, MAOctober 25, 2018
even if you had a set schedule , if you couldnt go in extra they treated you different. The owner of the company would yell at you if you didnt pick up the call fast enough, even if you were busy.
Pros
they are closed
Contract positions
SR Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2018
Due to the nature of the job, work can be overwhelming or at times very slim. most positions are long term and that makes it easier over time to keep to a consistent schedule.
CTG is a great IT services provider
Technical Writer/Editor Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 13, 2018
CTG values their consultants and treats them with respect and professionalism. They act on behalf of the consultants and work to keep them engaged in valuable assignments.
Bait And Switch Staffing Agency
N/A (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 27, 2018
Say they have this job to get you in the door. Do all the mediocre testing that has nothing to do with the job and then they say you scored low so that higher paying job isn’t available but they have one that pays way less they could get you on for. When you refuse suddenly you no longer exist to them and they ignore all communications from you. I dealt with Matthew in Boulder and what a joke who fails at his job like most staffing people. Has no clue what’s on his own test and has the nerve to say you’re not qualified for a technical job based on a test that has nothing technical on it. How is selling a travel package indicative of your ability to fix computer hardware? Didn’t know I was applying for a sales job yet I’m taking sales tests?

Stay away from this shady place they are exactly like every other staffing place around with fake job listing with higher pay in order to get you to take a worse job for less pay. I was more than qualified for the job posted yet somehow an unrelated non technical test says otherwise. Give me a computer and let me build it instead of selling travel packages and taking personality tests that have nothing to do with anything.
Pros
Cons
Bait and switch staffing agency.
Terrible Experience
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 23, 2018
Run Away. Would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.
Terrible management, poor treatment of employees.
- Slavery would be an improvement to CTG
Busy and Unforgiving
Test Lead / Test Analyst / Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 22, 2018
Working at CTG as a consultant was an unforgiving position. By that I mean, the purpose of the position was to test and corrupt the database. At times, when this was done successfully, you were not the most popular person at that time. It required thick skin which I havebut eventually the testing was completed.
Pros
Very Fulfilling
Cons
Unforgiving
Great company
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Home BasedAugust 16, 2018
CTG treats its' employees very well. They've been in business for over fifty years. They have customers of every size and each has it own ups and downs. But, CTG is great.
Pros
Management, support, pay
Cons
pay increases can be difficulty to get because of the customers
computer programming and health care solutions company
Switchboard Operator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 30, 2018
a programming and developing computer company with ability to help other companies program their computers to grow and expand.
The is an excellent Help Desk area where employees can call in and get their computer back to working, there is the Health care solutions to help Health care grow and develop
Pros
saving money for your future with 401K
Cons
stock options
Recruitment laughable
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 26, 2018
Worked for them once for over a year. They tried to recruit me again but the process is confusing and laughable. The new people who contacted me are not ready for the calls they made to me. They were not prepared for the description of the job first two calls. Why call if not prepared? Plus they seek you are expert in two to three unrelated sets of applications when they get their act straight in description of job. If so then rate would be considerable but not offered. Laughable again. So sad for my first experience was so good but now so disappointing. What a joke. No wonder my initial recruiter left for she told me she wanted to work for better company.
Pros
Cons
Recrutement laughable including hourly rate.
Great work, adequate work station comfort, very poor management at Macom
CAD Test Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJuly 24, 2018
CTG did not help or protect me from a toxic environment of anti semitisim, work place threats of violence, and an incredibly unfair and dishonest "end of contract" termination from Macom, my assignment company in Ithaca New York. My work was more than professional, I was assigned to fix issues and problems with CAD work done poorly by other, longer employed personnel. Ninety five percent of my work was purposely discarded by these people.
Pros
Free food.
Cons
Dysfunctional department
Confused
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 20, 2018
Had 4 managers in 6 months and the last one eliminated my job...not sure if they have a mission. Borrowed money for a stock buy back? I wonder what teh books look like.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CTG. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

4.6Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight