CTI Foods Employee Reviews

Cti
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Owingsville, KYMarch 12, 2019
CTI is a fast paced place of work. Standards and quotas must be met. Pay is exceptionally well, considering what all is required in the job itself. You are taught to put machines and assembly lines together every morning. People are very down to earth easy to get along with.
production
Production/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Wilder, IDFebruary 22, 2019
i think was a good place to work if you want alot of hours that place never shuts down and so much to learn if you are trying to climb the ladder and advance alot of room to grow
Not a place for minorities
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJanuary 21, 2019
Racism is 100%, I was the only African American on my line. My manager refused to say anything to me, this includes being trained, and when you have to call out or leave early there's no communication to bosses and you have a to explain yourself to a higher up because your supervisor refuses to acknowledge you. They cliq up and isolate people as well.
Most employees have 1 task to do during their shift while I had 4 with no explanation of what I was to actually do but I did it wrong. It's hellishly cold and when the machines break down they expect you to sit in the cold and wait. I waited 6 hours in the cold before they decided to call it a day and send everyone home.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Racism, cold, odd hours, demanding management
It's an Ok place to work at
Shipping Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, TXDecember 28, 2018
The employees & my depts Manager, is what makes the company worthwhile to stay. It's the upper Management & CEO's, is what makes it a difficult place to stay.
Full of oppertunities
Line Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wilder, IDDecember 21, 2018
CTI foods has a Hard working dedicated and consistent culture for those who live in that area they do not judge you for your past only for what you can do there opportunities can be limitless for the determined hard worker wanting a career.
Benefits
Cons
could be stressful at times
I got to meet new people but there was hardly any safety
Food products (Former Employee) –  Owingsville, KYDecember 20, 2018
It was a okay experience I didn’t really enjoy it there were a lot of people who were disrespectful I got into arguments a. I just didn’t enjoy it there was a lot to do.
Pros
Cons
Not a lot of breaks people were rude
Lost a Job
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Wilder, IDDecember 14, 2018
Interviewed for a manager position and was awarded it. Asked to interview at another location, for the betterment of the company. I did, but then they gave the other job away.

Not trustworthy
Fast paced
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Owingsville, KYDecember 6, 2018
CTI Foods has been a great place to work. The people are friendly, fun and hard working. There is hardly any chances for advancement as money always seems to be an issue.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short-no breaks
Good work place
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, TXOctober 31, 2018
It’s a good work place and a work environment also very good pay. The longer you stay of course the more pay you get. But I would like some days off for the same pay
Screwed out of a job
Management (Former Employee) –  Wilder, KYOctober 26, 2018
Interviewed for a high level Job and was told the job was mine, but asked if I would Interview at another location...and this job would be held.

Well, guess what...they gave that job away to someone else.

Don't trust them.
Good workplace
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 16, 2018
Great place to work . work pace is quick so time will go hy fast. Good people to work around goid environment overall. The Company hires permanent in 90 days and the pay rate will also increase .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long breaks
Needs further supervision
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, TXOctober 11, 2018
Lack of training in certain fields, the management is not aware of how many things people conduct that violates the rules. Keep out if you want job security.
Pros
From September - Feb, plenty of OT
Cons
After season ends on Feb/March work stops to 5 days.
Fun workplace
Opportunistic (Current Employee) –  Azusa, CAOctober 10, 2018
Good warehouse job sort of good management hours are okay the advancement system is unfair and do not value their employees for what their job skills are worth
It was a good night experience
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Wilder, IDOctober 2, 2018
I like the environment and it was nice to work night shift and times I didn’t like it but i had to get the job done and after a while it was good to learn about different chemicals
The Maintenance Department is a good place to work for the right person.
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, TXOctober 1, 2018
A place for a person of the right ethnicity to learn new skills. In the maintenance department, you work six days and then you are off for two days, which means you may have to work holidays, including Christmas, but it can be fun.
Pros
Whatever they cook that day, they for the employees to eat free.
Cons
No complaints
CTI Foods Is A Good Place To Work
Shipping Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, TXSeptember 21, 2018
Good vibe of the people who work there. Full time employees get wonderful benefits. Overtime is an added plus. They match your 401K. I learned a lot while I've been here by friending people in other departments. The days get hectic from time to time, but that's the way a job works.
Pros
40 plus hours a week
Cons
some times 7 days a week is TOO much
Worst place
Fajita line (Former Employee) –  Owingsville, KYSeptember 20, 2018
Was hired through Adecco to work at this establishment. From the beginning their lack of concern for employees was evident. The atmosphere was cold both literally and metaphorically. I was lucky to get part time hours when I wanted full time. They'd make their temporary employees not work so the full timers could have more hours and then find ridiculous reasons to let temp employees go. Right before I left they had their entire stock of temp employees of for the entire week. Yes I was one of the temps let go, a full timer and myself were joking around and my apron string was broken. The manger suspended me then informed Adecco they didn't want me back. I was on track to be hired, so I'm not sure what the deal was there. Anyways. It's a waste of time, and Adecco doesn't fight for you either.
Pros
Need a fast job, okay. Want temp employment; okay. Free lunch meat for lunch.
Cons
Not permanent, no advancement, management blows, company sucks.
Not for everyone
Blender Operator (Current Employee) –  Owingsville, KYAugust 21, 2018
Can't say I would recommend this place unless you're ready to spend most of your time at work and deal with some bad management. The hours are long, often running 10-12 hours a shift depending on what line you're on, and you're lucky if you get a day off. The management is a joke, often times with no regard for the people that work for them at all. They'll often wait until the night before your day off to tell you that you have to come in, and other times they'll plaster signs everywhere to make sure you know you're line has to come in an extra day. They've even gone as far as to say that every single employee is "expendable".

Recently they've decided that the machinery needs breaks but the people don't, making one line use machines from another so they can work 13 days straight. Speaking of the machines, they're all old and run down. Some of the equipment is 40-50 years old, so old that the maintenance crew doesn't even know how to work on it, and even if they do they only do band-aid fixes. Breakdowns are almost a daily occurrence as a result in culmination with a complete lack of preventative maintenance. They'll only work on something if they're forced to.

They also are very passive on what is healthy. I spent 3 months as a grinder operator and in that time I've found cow stomachs, plastic tags, and on 2 occasions flies in the meat that was used. The flies especially I found repulsive, but was told to just throw away the 2 pieces of meat it had touched and use the rest (mind you this was in a bin of around 2,000 pounds of meat).

The only good thing I can say about
  more... the place is that the leads are very nice and will try their best to help you move up. If there's something you want to learn you can talk with them and they can help get you trained on it. In the time I've been there I've held a bunch of different positions, each time moving a step up from the last. This could just be my own experience though as some of my coworkers who have been there for years have said they haven't moved up at all.  less
Pros
Pay is good, work itself isn't very hard
Cons
Long hours, very few days off, managers can be bullies and don't care about safety
Worst Job Ever
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Wilder IdahoAugust 6, 2018
Constantly change your days, make you work sometimes up to 2 weeks without a day off, no advancement, promises of raises that never come. They can't keep anyone because they're a horrible company to work for.
Pros
Cons
The whole company
horrible place to work
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, TXJuly 24, 2018
Worst place to work at. The manager hired me because of my expertise with the machines. Then a couple of days past by, and the hourly supervisor wouldn't let me adjust the machines to make it run efficiently. They tried to blame it on me whenever the machines brake down even though i don't touch them because they said i "don't know" the machines. They are very hard with new employees specially if you know more than the your higher ups. They said they equally respect everybody but the management team only plays favorites and some supervisors only favor one race. Over all this place is a waste of time to work at. If you're desperate to get money for working go to this place, otherwise stay out. They don't care about their employees.
Pros
nothing at all
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CTI Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9