CTI Foods Employee Reviews

Good workplace
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 16, 2018
Great place to work . work pace is quick so time will go hy fast. Good people to work around goid environment overall. The Company hires permanent in 90 days and the pay rate will also increase .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long breaks
Fun workplace
Opportunistic (Current Employee) –  Azusa, CAOctober 10, 2018
Good warehouse job sort of good management hours are okay the advancement system is unfair and do not value their employees for what their job skills are worth
It was a good night experience
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Wilder, IDOctober 2, 2018
I like the environment and it was nice to work night shift and times I didn’t like it but i had to get the job done and after a while it was good to learn about different chemicals
The Maintenance Department is a good place to work for the right person.
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, TXOctober 1, 2018
A place for a person of the right ethnicity to learn new skills. In the maintenance department, you work six days and then you are off for two days, which means you may have to work holidays, including Christmas, but it can be fun.
Pros
Whatever they cook that day, they for the employees to eat free.
Cons
No complaints
CTI Foods Is A Good Place To Work
Shipping Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, TXSeptember 21, 2018
Good vibe of the people who work there. Full time employees get wonderful benefits. Overtime is an added plus. They match your 401K. I learned a lot while I've been here by friending people in other departments. The days get hectic from time to time, but that's the way a job works.
Pros
40 plus hours a week
Cons
some times 7 days a week is TOO much
Worst place
Fajita line (Former Employee) –  Owingsville, KYSeptember 20, 2018
Was hired through Adecco to work at this establishment. From the beginning their lack of concern for employees was evident. The atmosphere was cold both literally and metaphorically. I was lucky to get part time hours when I wanted full time. They'd make their temporary employees not work so the full timers could have more hours and then find ridiculous reasons to let temp employees go. Right before I left they had their entire stock of temp employees of for the entire week. Yes I was one of the temps let go, a full timer and myself were joking around and my apron string was broken. The manger suspended me then informed Adecco they didn't want me back. I was on track to be hired, so I'm not sure what the deal was there. Anyways. It's a waste of time, and Adecco doesn't fight for you either.
Pros
Need a fast job, okay. Want temp employment; okay. Free lunch meat for lunch.
Cons
Not permanent, no advancement, management blows, company sucks.
Not for everyone
Blender Operator (Current Employee) –  Owingsville, KYAugust 21, 2018
Can't say I would recommend this place unless you're ready to spend most of your time at work and deal with some bad management. The hours are long, often running 10-12 hours a shift depending on what line you're on, and you're lucky if you get a day off. The management is a joke, often times with no regard for the people that work for them at all. They'll often wait until the night before your day off to tell you that you have to come in, and other times they'll plaster signs everywhere to make sure you know you're line has to come in an extra day. They've even gone as far as to say that every single employee is "expendable".

Recently they've decided that the machinery needs breaks but the people don't, making one line use machines from another so they can work 13 days straight. Speaking of the machines, they're all old and run down. Some of the equipment is 40-50 years old, so old that the maintenance crew doesn't even know how to work on it, and even if they do they only do band-aid fixes. Breakdowns are almost a daily occurrence as a result in culmination with a complete lack of preventative maintenance. They'll only work on something if they're forced to.

They also are very passive on what is healthy. I spent 3 months as a grinder operator and in that time I've found cow stomachs, plastic tags, and on 2 occasions flies in the meat that was used. The flies especially I found repulsive, but was told to just throw away the 2 pieces of meat it had touched and use the rest (mind you this was in a bin of around 2,000 pounds of meat).

The only good thing I can say about
  more... the place is that the leads are very nice and will try their best to help you move up. If there's something you want to learn you can talk with them and they can help get you trained on it. In the time I've been there I've held a bunch of different positions, each time moving a step up from the last. This could just be my own experience though as some of my coworkers who have been there for years have said they haven't moved up at all.  less
Pros
Pay is good, work itself isn't very hard
Cons
Long hours, very few days off, managers can be bullies and don't care about safety
Worst Job Ever
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Wilder IdahoAugust 6, 2018
Constantly change your days, make you work sometimes up to 2 weeks without a day off, no advancement, promises of raises that never come. They can't keep anyone because they're a horrible company to work for.
Pros
Cons
The whole company
horrible place to work
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, TXJuly 24, 2018
Worst place to work at. The manager hired me because of my expertise with the machines. Then a couple of days past by, and the hourly supervisor wouldn't let me adjust the machines to make it run efficiently. They tried to blame it on me whenever the machines brake down even though i don't touch them because they said i "don't know" the machines. They are very hard with new employees specially if you know more than the your higher ups. They said they equally respect everybody but the management team only plays favorites and some supervisors only favor one race. Over all this place is a waste of time to work at. If you're desperate to get money for working go to this place, otherwise stay out. They don't care about their employees.
Pros
nothing at all
Cons
everything
Sucks
Operator 1 (Former Employee) –  Wilder, IDJuly 23, 2018
This has got to be the worst co. I have ever worked for Hr was a joke and upper management was no better I would never work there again if it was the last job on earth. The work was hard and if you came up with a better way to do the job most time you were blown off. upper management would lie to you face at every opportune and would blame others for things they did, Happened all the time most of the middle management were GREAT to work with and would always treat you right the problem was upper management and when you went to H.R. about it you were the one to get into trouble.
Pros
ok pay
Cons
upper management
Stress/Tension
Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilder, IDJuly 23, 2018
Good working force, wrong corporate structure and leaders. Stress and tension levels are high based on the uncertainty of the future. Good employees are leaving because of the unknown.
Productive fast paced workplace
Production (Former Employee) –  Wilder, IDJuly 19, 2018
Overall good place to work but they seem to promote people that have barely started then those who have been there longer. Managment is ok fail to communicate properly
Pros
Special lunches, employee of the month, good money
Cons
Healthcare is outrageous charge for smokers fee dental and vision are barely affordable.
Productive fast paced environment
Packer (Former Employee) –  Wilder, IDJuly 19, 2018
Fastpaced but friendly and productive work environment. Great hours, good pay. Good benefits. Always guaranteed overtime. Great location to have a job.
Pros
Lots of benefits, food and drink machines in break room, friendly coworkers.
Cons
Short breaks, long hours. Work in fridge/freezer conditions.
The company is family oriented.
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, TXJuly 18, 2018
The day starts off with a review of what the last 24 hours has been like. Then the day gets started with work. Shift for production is 12 hours with 3 work days the 3 off days. We work as a team. If someone needs help, we have to be there for each other. There are 2 lab techs and 11 production team members per shift. If someone calls in, we all have to cover to get through the day. The hardest part is dealing with the heat for 12 hours. It is usually around 115 degrees in a few areas. The most enjoyable part is when we all pull together and have a successful run.
Pros
When a family emergency comes up, we can be off during the time needed.
Cons
The heat
Descent people to work with.
Refiff Raft (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 17, 2018
CTI Food actually makes great soups; they also put out different soups made at the plant for the employees everyday. I thought that was great. Management needs to learn how to properly communicate with its' employees.
Pros
Free Lunch.
Cons
No incentives, training, or encouragement from management.
Forklift driver (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 11, 2018
It’s a good Place to work and nobody’s on your back u come n do what u have to do u are good they are flexible with u on hours or if u need to go u can go
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Great job
Quality Assurance QA Lab Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, TXJuly 6, 2018
CTI FOODS was a nice place to work for. Just long hours but i did lose some weight from a lot of walking got some real good soup they will feed good the people are great too always willing to help you
Fast Paced, High Stress Inviroment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Owingsville, KYJune 29, 2018
CTI is a great company to work for and sits in a rual area providing many jobs to people who would have to drive great distances other wise. They pay competitivly with othe factories in surrounding counties and have a very good buisness model.
Pros
Great Location, Good Pay, Good People, Good Buisness
Cons
Poor Managment
Horrible place to work
Operator (Current Employee) –  Owingsville, KYJune 27, 2018
Worst job I’ve ever had. Bad pay and bad management. You get promises about raises that you will never receive. The management needs serious work and they make everything a lot harder than it needs to be.
Pros
Non
Not enough pay or hours
QA Technician (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, TXJune 16, 2018
No comunication treat works like they not worth the raise being watched on brakes and lunches supervisor rude hr is rude no working a.c. in brake room very un comfortable while taking brakes and lunches
Pros
Cons
Not enough hours during summer pay raise is poor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CTI Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8