Cubby's Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMay 13, 2019
I enjoyed my time working at Cubby's because of the people. It was a fun place to work as well. Working with the people and even the customers for so lang made it like a big family.
Pros
The atmosphere was fun
Cons
Insurance could have been better.
Fun work place
Manager - Handler of Chaos (Former Employee) –  Spanish Fork, UTJanuary 19, 2019
Cubby's is a well run- clean place with good management, fun co-workers and a fast pace flow.
My favorite part of managing was making sure everything in our store was running as smooth as possible.
Fun environment with great people
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVOctober 15, 2018
Cubby’s is a wonderful place to work, great people, great bosses. Although sometimes the hours we’re enough to I make it with living 30 minutes away. I would highly recommend someone to work here.
Don't expect to be appreciated
Deli manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 27, 2018
Very dangerous place to work in the location I worked at. Shoplifting was a daily occurrence the police were called almost every day bums lived outside our store all the time
Pros
I learned from my employees that you could steal all of you could
Cons
The store was always dirty and filthy, management did not want to spend one dime on maintenance.
Fun Environment, Good Food
Store Employee (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJuly 16, 2018
As a regular employee, the job responsibilities include working in the kitchen, using menu knowledge to make food, helping seated customers, and maintaining the cleanliness of the restaurant.
Kitchen manager whole family works there
Pizza Maker/ deli associate (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NEJuly 11, 2018
Only can work part but will schedule u fulltime. 2 shift go against managers ways of doing things. Kitchen is 90-100° managers whole family work there
Pros
Hours are easy to get.
Cons
No discounts. Barely a raise. Thy will over schedule you even when you tell them you cant work it.
Great people, Great Food, Great Job
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTJune 18, 2018
I loved working for cubby's, I worked there for 2 years. The management is great, always hired within the company, really hard working and caring General Managers. It's easy to move up to management, I was the youngest shift lead being 17. Great culture at the Lehi location, mutual respect for front and back of house. The actual work is really easy, prepare salads, fries, sides and more. Clean store and clean food, all organic and tasty.
Pros
Work parties every summer and christmas time.
Cons
lots of teenagers
Fast paced but slow at times
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Gothenburg, NEJune 1, 2018
Really terrible management. Everything not done correctly is always the new persons fault. Nice that pay was weekly. Nice if you enjoy interacting with people as it was a busy place.
not a bad place to work
Store general manager (Former Employee) –  Gothenburg, NEApril 30, 2018
very nice place to work. the owners are awsome and the upper management are caring as well. the only thing to watch for is people lying to the owner to get advancements .
Pros
clean and friendly workers
Cons
back stabbers some employees. not owners
Great people, hard to get enough hours
Cashier/Customer Service/Stocker/Busser/Server (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTApril 16, 2018
I loved working with the people and crew, and eventually left due to not getting enough hours and pay to fulfill my portion of rent. Therefore, I changed job interests. A lot of changes in management and hours. You have to be flexible in hours that you're willing to work, because they will take of advantage of it when you least expect it. However, there are a lot of options in hiring positions based on where you live and can accrue more hours at their other locations, which may be a benefit for others.
Pros
65% Discount on work day, 50% off on non-schedule days, kind crew
Cons
Inconsistent scheduling, no tips included in wage
Cubby's was a great place to work
BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Downsville, WIFebruary 2, 2018
I greatly enjoyed working for Cubby's and meeting a great group of people. Getting to know the regulars was a lot of fun and made me look forward to coming to work.
Stressful, High anxiety work environment, friendly staff
Deli Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Shelby, NEJanuary 15, 2018
Typical day of work is almost like a replay on one of your stressful situations you ever been in, constantly getting in yelled at for situations that you just cant help.
I have learned to look for warning signs for negativity and block that out of my career choices.
Management at my location is awful, always bouncing back and fourth with the deli and the assistant manager since they don't last but a couple months, the General Manager is awful and creates anxiety in the work place, just a very unpleasant place to work
Hardest part about the job is going to it since its always so negative.
The most enjoyable part is the friendly coworkers and customers
Pros
friendly staff and customers
Cons
managment
See the same face and you feel like you make a change to there day
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Omaha , NEJanuary 12, 2018
Make it for what it is it isn’t hard nor easy. It gets slow clean. There’s always something that can be done. The work environment is great the same faces come in you get to know them and they get to know you..
ambiente de trabajo muy bueno
Cook (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 20, 2017
me gusta trabajar en hesta empresa el ambiente de trabajo es bueno los encargados te ponen presion cuando se necesita estoy agusto de trabajar con hesta empresa
Pros
Cons
no tengo contras
Sales Associate / Deli (Current Employee) –  Shelby, NESeptember 26, 2017
I enjoy working with food and the public, I like to think of the deli as my own personal deli. The deli can be demanding fast paced but a fun job if you make it fun. The customer comes first so I try to have plenty of fresh and appetizing food ready for our customers. A cleaned well displayed case and a variety of choices. As the ex-Deli Manager I understand fully the importance of great customer service, and I do my best to perform these tasks. I continue to do this job even though I stepped down from manager to pursue other interest. The Manager is an honest hard working and a fair manager whom I feel is easy to talk with and they do look out for their employees. I think the store has an easy feeling kind of work place, rules are important and as long as you do your job properly everything is fine. The hardest part of the job, sometimes there are so many items we are asked to display that it gets overwhelming and I need more arms. The most enjoyable part is when a customer orders food from the case that we didn't have room for, I say "if you give me a few minutes I can make it fresh" . The customer usually will wait and they are very satisfied that I take the time to serve them. Or when we have such a variety of choices that the customer has to take a moment to decide.
Pros
good company
Cons
short breaks. rate of pay
Nice first job for high school students
Team member (Former Employee) –  Spanish Fork, UT 84660June 20, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Cubby's. It is a fun environment and the food is super yummy. Cubby's is a good job for people in high school or young adults trying to make it through college. There are awesome people working for this company.
Fun
Cashier/Manager (Former Employee) –  Mitchell, SDJune 15, 2017
Considering I did 3 years and would love to go back makes them a great employee. They are fair, patient, and will work with any schedule and the customers are amazing.
Its a job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMay 20, 2017
Its a good job and it is fast paced. Something different every day. Constant interaction with customers. Friendly people and environment. Overall a pretty good place to be working.
Fun and productive work place with flexible hours.
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Manson, IAMay 19, 2017
I started out as the Kitchen manager. While working as manager i was responsible for ordering food for the week. We also prepared Chester's Chicken and Pizza for customers along with several other varieties of hot food. After working as manager i resigned and did a lateral transfer to cashier/cook. I had most of the same responsibilities without the ordering of the food.
Pros
Part-time with the ability to have full-time with benefits.
Cons
A short turn around for a lot of employees causing a lot of overtime for management.
Wonderful
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Bennington, NEMay 24, 2016
Had a great time working there. I enjoyed who I worked with and what I did. I learned great customer service skills as well has problem solving skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with customers and being able to help them with their needs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cubby's. Our community is ready to answer.