CubeSmart Employee Reviews

Fun Customer Service
Administrative Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MI 49509May 6, 2018
Working at a storage facility is a wonderful benefit to those who love customer service like I do. I loved being able to help those who needed it while having to relocate and change their lives.
Pros
Very Small Office
Cons
Back when I worked there, lots of paperwork.
Great Work Environment
Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAApril 27, 2018
Great work environment, work/life balance is great. The job culture is fun and embraces teammate individuality. Job security is high, but there is some difficulty changing departments.
Workplace
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 23, 2018
Compensation could be better, too many stepping on others responsibility, others taking credit for something they did not accomplish.
Favoritism for properties.
The only enjoyable part of my job was the people I met.
CubeSmart
Telecommunications Administrator (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAApril 10, 2018
Great Culture and good folks to work with at Cube Smart. I enjoyed my time working there as a contract employee until my job was completed. I would highly recommend anyone interested in working there to apply
good job for people that dont need money
Self Storge Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX 78412March 25, 2018
very cheap company to work for. also very hard to get fired. general manager is expected to pick up the slack for underperforming coworkers. good work culuture but for some one that has bills to pay its not enough unless you are offered living quarters
Pros
good benefits.
Cons
dont pay enough
Very stressful work environment
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 8, 2018
Cubesmart is a storage unit company that rents out units to the public. The job requires you to constantly call late renters for their payment. The volume of customers at my location was low and the pay for managing an entire property by yourself was bad
Pros
commission on units rented
Cons
low pay, constant collection calls, rude customers
Great Company
Property Accountant (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAFebruary 23, 2018
CubeSmart has a great company culture that is very relaxed and casual. Many great perks of the office is gym, outdoor area, occasional free lunch and snacks, free drinks and activities.
Pros
Amenities
Cons
Low Pay
good
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 22, 2018
Good place to gain experience. Entry level. Collaborative staff. Able to grow within the company. Reliable source of transportation is needed. Able to work independently
Its an ok place to work for if you are a student
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 16, 2018
A typical day involves checking the property making sure the customers have their locks secured on there cubes, making collection calls and meeting deadline for auctions, and making sure the property is neat and clean all the time.
I have learned how to be a great manager by asking questions and performing my job well every day, the work place culture is great like my coworkers. The hardest part of my job was training my first teammate making sure I provide the best training as humanly possible. I love being a general manager and performing my duties on a daily basis.
Prioductive and Fast Paced
Manager (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHJanuary 16, 2018
Great management... Busy and fast paced work place. Management is always willing to help you out in any possible way. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the public.
Pros
Good company to work for.. .
Cons
Not enough employees on shift at one time..
Genuine Care
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 7, 2018
I am an individual that loves the word " genuine care" and overall the company does care in all aspects. I am a hard working manager that prides myself on the fact that I am always cooperative, eager to learn new policies and procedures, very respectful and go above what I am asked to do with my own twist on genuine care. I however feel that I am capable of much more and would love the opportunity to step up to the next level, but till now have not be offered such. I have goals and seem to be not able to reach my goal but working on that aspect. Cubesmart could compensate a little more for individual hard work, honesty, devotion, passion, and dedication but have not seen such compensation. Overall I have a great location to work in and the best General Manager on the planet to work with. I love the hours except working Sundays, but understand that Sunday is necessary. Policies are easy to follow and family is what we are all about. Overall love this company.
Pros
Genuine care
Cons
Low compensation overall
Chill place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 7, 2018
Since this is a new store there is not a lot going on at this location. We are doing a lot of outside marketing to let people know of our location. There are 3 people working at our storage unit.
Good work enviroment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 4, 2018
Pros- Great talented coworkers, great benefits.
Cons- The pay I'am receiving is not competitive, I strongly agree that i am worth more than what I am offered. Schedule is not fitting with my personal life.

Will recommend this company to whom fits its qualifications. It did not fit me anymore. I felt over worked with no improvement.
Pros
Helpful coworkers
Cons
Low Pay
Great Job! Great upper Management
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNDecember 27, 2017
CubeSmart is the place you want to work in the storage industry. They have very good wages along with an superior upper management team. They value their customers and their employees. They are willing to to what is right for the customer with no hesitation. That is hard to find that in a company these days.
I love Working Here
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 12, 2017
This is the ideal job for a single mom. The hours are great. I'm able to work fulltime and spend time with my family. At times the work is stressful but for the most part laid back. The people who I work with are like family, we all help each other out. My DM is very understanding and straight to the point. Overall I very nice place to grow. P.s. CubeSmart always have room for advancements and upper management STRONGLY encourage it.
managment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 29, 2017
after getting hired to work for this company, I honestly am disapointed because I was promised to work 40+ hours and after I had completed my job training for this company, my hours that I was Promised every
week where cut by 10 and I was barely making any funds due to a cut in my paycheck. I liked working for this company I how ever did not like the management the fact that they did not keep a promise they had done with me while signing on to a paid rated, which later they did not complete
Pros
the abilitiy to run a property on my own
Cons
hours and pay cute after working their for more than two months
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 3, 2017
It was a good place to work and if it compensated a better I would still bet there. You only work your scheduled time and they want you to leave at a decent time and spend it with family.
Great Culture, less than okay salary
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  South Windsor, CTSeptember 25, 2017
This was a very relaxing job, mostly phone calls and customer service. Of course there is plenty of cleaning, but as long as you spend your time wisely, you can finish your cleaning obligations early in the day.
Pros
Relaxed Setting
Cons
Low Salary
At CubeSmart
Manager (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJSeptember 21, 2017
Typical day toopen and keep all store spaces clean. Take deposit to the bank.
Learned a lot about storage industry.
Management good but too much pressure to satisfy accounts balances.
Is very Customer service oriented all the time. Competition between branches is a burden.
Hardest part is to clean all the spaces. Too much for a person. Also to keep clean the store front.
As always enjoy keeping customers happy and make them feel part of the culture.
Working Day
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 18, 2017
Run reports, property checks, collection calls, certified mail, send emails, process payments, clean property, clean cubes, lock cuts, foreclosure checklists.
Pros
Hours, Competitive Wages
Cons
Throwing away left behind items

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CubeSmart. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.9Personal Development

4.3Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight