CubeSmart Employee Reviews

Learning
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 21, 2019
A full program for learning and skills improvement. Can put your knowledge to work but not ideas or plans to improve your ordinary tasks. All must be within company's standards.
Pros
Flexible schedules and relaxed atmosphere.
Cons
Avancement si limited and slow.
Wouldn’t reccomend working here
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 31, 2019
The cubesmart management is very shady and they don’t look out for their employees. Customers would be 100% wrong in a situation and they would take the customer side. As far as HR, District Manager and the divisional manager they are the worst. I resigned from the company due to a customers threatening me and cubesmart manangement didn’t care about my safety as well. Also the HR department gives out false information as well she told me I would be paid out for my vacation on my last check then calls me and tell me I won’t be paid out for my vacation time. I believe that is illegal forsure. The whole cubesmart management team is the worst. You won’t see their true colors until you leave. They also lack security in the facilities, Be careful with this company they are shady!
Pros
Pay, Vacation Time, Break
Cons
Bad Management, Bad Manner Customers, No Security.
It's customer service, but most of the time you just sit there
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Benicia, CAJanuary 30, 2019
Working for this company is most of the time just being a body in the office. When you do have to do maybe an hour total of actual work in the day, it's easy.
my opinion
Store Manager/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  South Carolina. FloridaJanuary 29, 2019
i have worked at 8 different stores under 2 different district managers and 8 different general managers and 1 area manager so to judge all under one comment would not be the right thing to do i enjoyed the people i worked with and the customers i served but had different situations in each area.
Great Company/ Bad Experience at the end
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 28, 2019
As a whole CubeSmart is a Great company that strives for great customer service and growing into the future.
But i wish that they would give the employee better Benefits and support.
When i worked in the Bronx, New York I love CubeSmart working for CubeSmart and it was the 3rd storage company that I've worked for.

But when i transferred to a managed property in Baltimore MD (That I feel is bring down the CubeSmart Brand)
After transferring it all went down hill.

I stuck with that facility for two and a half years with no movement, a lot of abuse,from staff/management and from customer.

We had a different/ ruff customer base.
but most customers supported me more than my teammates.
They kept leaving me alone, knowing that the facility office was in a dark and secluded area, they knew that I've been threatened by customers because of them not getting their way, they've threatened to blow up the building several times, etc. The facilty is dangerous, elevators always breaking down etc. water in the elevator rooms a 19 year old roofer fell off the roof and died. the manager was alone that day, we was always under staffed I was under paid. I couldn't afford to go to the doctor. I had to leave. I still would have been able to deal with all that stuff longer, if only i had the support of the staff and management.

I feel its all in the management because again when i worked in the New York Locations under Milt Coslit, Joe Fitzgerald I enjoyed working for CubeSmart. The company meetings was amazing.
Pros
Always Growing
Cons
Benifits
Daily Duties
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXJanuary 25, 2019
Depending on Customers showing up. Mostly it is making sure the property is clean and presentable. Cleaning cubes and making sure all files are up to date.
allright job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJanuary 17, 2019
Low pay, did alot of work for cubesmart and had little to show for it. wouldnt work here again or recomend anyone here either. close to home was the only goof thing
Great Company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 16, 2019
the workplace culture is really amazing, everyone treats each other like family. If me or any of my peers have questions in regards to anything our FTS's are always more than willing to answer any questions as well as the rest of the district
Pros
good pay, business hours, flexibility
Cons
short breaks
Great Company
Leasing Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJanuary 15, 2019
Loved working for this company and the General Manager I worked for. Great location and tenants. Some slow and some busy days. This was my introduction to the storage world
Didnt work for me
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 28, 2018
Had a prejudice district manager,thats a part of the reason why i quit. I heard she is no longer at the company. Also didnt like how they changed the bonus structure to give the General managers 70% of the commission that we made before we would get to split the rest with the manager and any other assistant manager working at the store.
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
Prejudice district manager and unfair commission structure
Great atmosphere
District Manager/ Trainer for New Team Members (Former Employee) –  Villa Rica, GADecember 23, 2018
overall good company, typical day workplace culture good the most enjoyable part of the job was my customers. had business suites i had to manager and went through acquistion
Horrible
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZDecember 22, 2018
Company doesn’t know how to run. Poor management is an understatement. You’re constantly berated and belittled by customers. We were also regularly put in unsafe working conditions and environments but your DM won’t care about your safety.
Pros
Basically sit around all day doing nothing
Cons
Pay, management
great way to learn about the business
Field Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 17, 2018
Great way to learn about the business. Great Training programs, depends on the area but the Management was good. Great benefits. when starting out in the storage field this is the best company to learn from very high standards
CubeSmart overall is a good place for someone just starting out in the work force.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 16, 2018
A typical day at CubeSmart is opening and closing the store, property inspections, handling customer move in and move outs, customer payments, collection calls, and miscellaneous customer relations. It can get busy at times and other times slow.
Pros
Steady work.
Cons
Low pay, work/life balance.
Productive and easy place to work
Store Manager/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLDecember 13, 2018
Great place to work, There is always room for growth and with the hours of operation there is for family time. The work schedule can be a bit flexible but working with these customers can be very stressful.
Horrible Company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 3, 2018
One of the worst companies to work for. They do not care for employees or Customers always the bottom line. Company never has money to fix things at the facility. Always giving people increases to push have them move out. Daily harassments and threat's from Customers. Upper Management does not care about safety of the employees. No matter how hard you work don't expect any recognition and raises are almost non-existent. Work here only if you need a job and have no other option.
Pros
Just a job, nothing special
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 14, 2018
Very poor family time available. Upper management made big salaries and there was much bubby-buddy presence as if it were a country club. The average employee made just enough to survive. Thank goodness we had many very nice customers which made the job a lot easier.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 11, 2018
Good place to work, however pay is horrible. You don't have management on you constantly, so you have some freedom to run your property better. You also get to know your customers.
Pros
Lots of training guides
Cons
Low pay
Unorganized
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXOctober 20, 2018
Fast paced but can also be slow on rainy days and such, upper management is horrible and will nag you about things that need to be done on the property but will not approve them once you request them. There is a constant dm shuffle and anytime you need information or help there is no one ever available until days later so your customers are mad at you for not being able to help them when really upper management isn’t allowing you to do so.
Office Job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LAOctober 8, 2018
A typical day at this job is pretty easy going but once again i run into a bad management. But overall i like my job i like helping people and the goals they set for us to make bonus motivates the two of us in the office to exceed the goals every month.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CubeSmart. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight