CubeSmart Employee Reviews

Nice Clean Storage
Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 11, 2018
Clean Storage, (you have to keep it that way). Fairly easy job when there is enough help to go around. Job entails collection calls/notices/emails. Lock and unlock late pays to current pays.
Pros
Discounted storage
Cons
Compensation does not reflect the market.
productive work enviroment
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 9, 2018
A typical day at work would be, call all reservations,print all the overlocks, call delinquent customer, check the summary for the night before, complete auction checklist, restock retail if needed, walk the building to always make sure is well maintained.
a decent stepping stone
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 11, 2018
It's not a bad place to work, overall. It definitely pays better than the average retail job, and the benefits are great.There is quite a bit of undue favoritism in the promotion process, though.
Fun if you have no children
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXMay 29, 2018
This was a great place to work but I needed weekends off for my children's activities and it was a must to work weekends. I highly recommend CubeSmart for a young couple starting out.
Pros
Great benefits!
Cons
Weekends required
yep not good
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  El Mirage, AZMay 21, 2018
lies lies lies so many lies they will use you till they have no need for you anymore and throw you away. You get a good repor with customers but ordered to treat them like we are doing them a favor.
Pros
customers
Cons
everything else
Fun Customer Service
Administrative Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MI 49509May 6, 2018
Working at a storage facility is a wonderful benefit to those who love customer service like I do. I loved being able to help those who needed it while having to relocate and change their lives.
Pros
Very Small Office
Cons
Back when I worked there, lots of paperwork.
Great Work Environment
Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAApril 27, 2018
Great work environment, work/life balance is great. The job culture is fun and embraces teammate individuality. Job security is high, but there is some difficulty changing departments.
Workplace
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 23, 2018
Compensation could be better, too many stepping on others responsibility, others taking credit for something they did not accomplish.
Favoritism for properties.
The only enjoyable part of my job was the people I met.
CubeSmart
Telecommunications Administrator (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAApril 10, 2018
Great Culture and good folks to work with at Cube Smart. I enjoyed my time working there as a contract employee until my job was completed. I would highly recommend anyone interested in working there to apply
good job for people that dont need money
Self Storge Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX 78412March 25, 2018
very cheap company to work for. also very hard to get fired. general manager is expected to pick up the slack for underperforming coworkers. good work culuture but for some one that has bills to pay its not enough unless you are offered living quarters
Pros
good benefits.
Cons
dont pay enough
Very stressful work environment
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 8, 2018
Cubesmart is a storage unit company that rents out units to the public. The job requires you to constantly call late renters for their payment. The volume of customers at my location was low and the pay for managing an entire property by yourself was bad
Pros
commission on units rented
Cons
low pay, constant collection calls, rude customers
Great Company
Property Accountant (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAFebruary 23, 2018
CubeSmart has a great company culture that is very relaxed and casual. Many great perks of the office is gym, outdoor area, occasional free lunch and snacks, free drinks and activities.
Pros
Amenities
Cons
Low Pay
good
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 22, 2018
Good place to gain experience. Entry level. Collaborative staff. Able to grow within the company. Reliable source of transportation is needed. Able to work independently
Its an ok place to work for if you are a student
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 16, 2018
A typical day involves checking the property making sure the customers have their locks secured on there cubes, making collection calls and meeting deadline for auctions, and making sure the property is neat and clean all the time.
I have learned how to be a great manager by asking questions and performing my job well every day, the work place culture is great like my coworkers. The hardest part of my job was training my first teammate making sure I provide the best training as humanly possible. I love being a general manager and performing my duties on a daily basis.
Prioductive and Fast Paced
Manager (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHJanuary 16, 2018
Great management... Busy and fast paced work place. Management is always willing to help you out in any possible way. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the public.
Pros
Good company to work for.. .
Cons
Not enough employees on shift at one time..
Genuine Care
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 7, 2018
I am an individual that loves the word " genuine care" and overall the company does care in all aspects. I am a hard working manager that prides myself on the fact that I am always cooperative, eager to learn new policies and procedures, very respectful and go above what I am asked to do with my own twist on genuine care. I however feel that I am capable of much more and would love the opportunity to step up to the next level, but till now have not be offered such. I have goals and seem to be not able to reach my goal but working on that aspect. Cubesmart could compensate a little more for individual hard work, honesty, devotion, passion, and dedication but have not seen such compensation. Overall I have a great location to work in and the best General Manager on the planet to work with. I love the hours except working Sundays, but understand that Sunday is necessary. Policies are easy to follow and family is what we are all about. Overall love this company.
Pros
Genuine care
Cons
Low compensation overall
Chill place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 7, 2018
Since this is a new store there is not a lot going on at this location. We are doing a lot of outside marketing to let people know of our location. There are 3 people working at our storage unit.
Good work enviroment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 4, 2018
Pros- Great talented coworkers, great benefits.
Cons- The pay I'am receiving is not competitive, I strongly agree that i am worth more than what I am offered. Schedule is not fitting with my personal life.

Will recommend this company to whom fits its qualifications. It did not fit me anymore. I felt over worked with no improvement.
Pros
Helpful coworkers
Cons
Low Pay
Great Job! Great upper Management
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNDecember 27, 2017
CubeSmart is the place you want to work in the storage industry. They have very good wages along with an superior upper management team. They value their customers and their employees. They are willing to to what is right for the customer with no hesitation. That is hard to find that in a company these days.
I love Working Here
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 12, 2017
This is the ideal job for a single mom. The hours are great. I'm able to work fulltime and spend time with my family. At times the work is stressful but for the most part laid back. The people who I work with are like family, we all help each other out. My DM is very understanding and straight to the point. Overall I very nice place to grow. P.s. CubeSmart always have room for advancements and upper management STRONGLY encourage it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CubeSmart. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight