Cubic Corporation Employee Reviews

great
CUSTOMER SERVICES REP (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXMarch 6, 2019
it was a great place to work there.The pay was great..It was the best job I had in my life.met a lot of great people there.It was fun and hard work...
The technical team believes in delivering the end product.
Sr. Mechanical Designer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 1, 2019
It is a great experience to work with the Engineering and MFG teammates on the various programs. I cannot say the same for the management talent that is in the Cubic Orlando organization.
Long days and a lot of travel
Corp Battle Simulation Aviation Instructor/Tech (Former Employee) –  Camp HumphreysFebruary 14, 2019
Long days (12 hour shifts) during Training Exercises and a lot of travel to Exercise locations. The work wasn't hard just had to be on site during the exercises,
Enjoyed working there
Senior and Lead (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 6, 2019
In 16 years I went from a programmer analyst to a software engineer, to a sr software test engneer, to a software engineering manager. Great opportunities for advancement at Cubic.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
Required to work greater than 50 hours per week an only was paid for 40.
Smaller defense contractor
Mechanical Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 3, 2019
Cubic is a smaller defense engineering firm, so job opportunities weren't as plentiful. At the time, their engineering documentation seemed to be in disarray, but steps were being taken to change that. The projects were interesting and they seemed to have a genuine interest in employee satisfaction.
Pros
free coffee and tea, free yoga and circuit classes, work/life balance
Cons
few job opportunities, a lot of managers
Cubic simulation system was the best job I ever had love working at cubic simulation wish I was there for another contract
Sub-Contractor temp (Former Employee) –  Orlando FloridaJanuary 25, 2019
Working for cubic simulation system was a pleasure and a joy for job I learned a lot about the military weapons in different types of weapons at the end of the military use also learned a lot about the police department in the different type of training that the police department SWAT in the military performed on a beach on their day-to-day tasks also learned a lot about different types of weapons that law enforcement and the military use and how to build them how they operate also learned a lot about how the computer systems worth for certain types of navigations systems that was installed in some of the weapons that we build
Unrealistic Work Expectations
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 17, 2019
Projects requiring 6 months need to be completed in 4 with less resources than what is needed for 6. Charge the hill mentality that lends itself to delivering projects that don’t meet the original requirements. Stuck in 1960s mentality of how employees should be treated.
Pros
9/80 work schedule so every other Friday off
Cons
Unrealistic work expectations
Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 16, 2019
Great company to work for and they even paid for your educational advancements. Opportunity for growth and relocation if wanted. Flex schedule for workers if needed.
Commander climate
Global Innovative Trusted Contractor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, VAJanuary 13, 2019
Overall it was wonderful working with the active soldiers passing on my military knowledge to those are expecting to be the future fighters. They were all willing and ready to learn but are few who was a little stiff neck by failing to listen to the wisdom applied to doctrine from lesson learn, and baptized by fire/combat... The workforce/employees were all retired service member from different military branch who know the meaning work is work and play is play..., in the working environment.
Pros
Positive commander climate
Cons
Contract limits
Great Company
Logistic Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92123December 18, 2018
Cubic Apps was a great company to work. Management was great and caring. They would give you a rise every year. Cash awards when you did great work. Nothing bad to say, I would work anytime again for the company.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Great place to start my career
WEB DEVELOPER (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 6, 2018
Very welcoming and eager to teach. I learned a lot here and environment was very friendly and helpful. Great place to have started my web development career. They have fun events and team lunches at times. Everyone here is supportive!
Excellent job experience
FBI Contingency Response Survey Team Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kingstowne, VANovember 3, 2018
It was a great job, and the only reason I left is because the contract ended. I hope to work with them again at some point in the future. Nothing but great experience working there!!
Pros
camaraderie!
Cons
Contract ended!
Cubic
Contact Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHNovember 2, 2018
a typical work day is come and check your email, any phone messages, Attendance, phone queues. Write up coaching, review cases. Setting up meetings with potential employees.
Family atmosphere
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2018
Responsible for training FRS CAT I&III students how to operate the acoustic suite, aircraft operating systems, and normal/emergency crew procedures required in the execution of the P-3 aircraft mission.
Pros
Christmas party and pot lucks
Cons
Expensive healthcare
Not too bad
Analyst -Leadership Instructor / Developer (Former Employee) –  Joint Base Lewis McChord, WAOctober 21, 2018
This was an ok place but did not give raises or have any progression. Overall it was great due to the other staff having great knowledge and ability to make things work in the end.
Negative Culture with both clients and staff
Treatment Supervisor- (Current Employee) –  Shelby, OHOctober 19, 2018
Old staff struggled with new staff that wanted to do treatment. There was more of a focus on being a tough guy than deescalating clients. New staff were pushed aside. Staff were very confrontational with other staff. Not a safe place to work if you want to change the culture.
Pros
Director was very easy to work with and talk to...Loved working with the kids.
Cons
Had a great Program set up but no one wanted to work it.
the Layoff
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 17, 2018
The company decision to lay off those workers who had been with the company for several years/decades was deplorable. The requirement to review this supplier was more than should be needed.
good company
Signature Reduction Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 3, 2018
i liked workng for cubic, but it had very little to do with cubic and everything to do with the customer. this is a huge defense contractor, it is exactly what you should expect.
Cubic
End to End Ssytems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Polk North, LAOctober 2, 2018
Sold out to Valiant integrated and Valiant Integrated has yet to define what it means to be a Vasliant employee or follow up with a benefits packge, Not a great place so far.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
new company
Loved the culture in the AP dept
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 2, 2018
• I loved working under the AP manager at the time. She cared about her employees; gave us flexibility in our schedules, allowing a great work-life balance; and gave us the trust to work independently.
• I wanted to be hired as a permanent employee during my time there (as a Temp), but unfortunately, they had made a decision to lay off AR, AP, and Payroll to have a brand new team in Orlando, FL take over these functions. Sadly, I had to move on.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cubic Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss