Cubic Corporation Employee Reviews

good company
Signature Reduction Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 3, 2018
i liked workng for cubic, but it had very little to do with cubic and everything to do with the customer. this is a huge defense contractor, it is exactly what you should expect.
Cubic
End to End Ssytems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Polk North, LAOctober 2, 2018
Sold out to Valiant integrated and Valiant Integrated has yet to define what it means to be a Vasliant employee or follow up with a benefits packge, Not a great place so far.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
new company
Loved the culture in the AP dept
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 2, 2018
• I loved working under the AP manager at the time. She cared about her employees; gave us flexibility in our schedules, allowing a great work-life balance; and gave us the trust to work independently.
• I wanted to be hired as a permanent employee during my time there (as a Temp), but unfortunately, they had made a decision to lay off AR, AP, and Payroll to have a brand new team in Orlando, FL take over these functions. Sadly, I had to move on.
It is a good company
CNC 5 AXIS LATHE MACHINIST III, MACHINE SHOP LEAD (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 26, 2018
If company did not move machine shop to Mexico,I will by very happy to continue work for Cubic corporation.Wery nise,friendly people.I had a lot of opportunity to upgrate my skiils and improve myself evry year.
Don't expect to see your family
Production (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 18, 2018
5AM to 9PM is a regular occurrence. Double work is a regular occurrence. Don't do it. It's chaos. The company grew too quickly and won't hire more help. Everyone is overworked. Unlimited overtime almost makes up for it though.
Pros
Overtime and relaxed managers
Cons
Overworked and very disorganized atmosphere
Great Company to work for!
Crisis Management Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 6, 2018
Plenty of opportunities for traveling. All job related expenses covered IAW JTR. i was PTOC. Good company to work for; as such, my hiring was dependent on contracts. Once the moneys dried out, the contracts stopped.
Great place to continue to serve soldiers.
Mission Command Trainer (Former Employee) –  Joint Base Lewis-McChord , WASeptember 4, 2018
Loved working for the soldiers and my team mates. Mission driven to provide the war fighter an excellent training opportunity. Dedicated professionals always.
Management and Corporate mangement changed regularly
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 9, 2018
I typical day started with short meetings with manufacturing and engineering on each project The a daily report with your boss. Go over daily/weekly finances and update Program Management reviews.
Most enjoyable was working with the workers that treated me with respect and knowing I would help them achieve their goals.
Nice place to work.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 3, 2018
Cubic was a good place to work. They treated contractors the same as their regular employees. They also had the 9/80 work schedule, which I really enjoyed.

The most challenging part of my job, at the time was getting Unreal 4 and their in house tools that were designed with Cry Engine, to work well together. Also, learning Unreal 4 at the time was pretty fun.

The people were great as well as the culture. I did have to pull some overtime from time to time, but that didn't bother me that much.
Pros
Good management
Cons
The drive there was terrible (dealing with I-4 traffic)
Tough, tough, tough
Hardware Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 19, 2018
It was a somewhat good place to work as far as developing my skills, but management was unrealistic about schedule and always demanded impossible things.
Fun job with a military setting
Training Analysis Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAJuly 13, 2018
The work days can be lengthy when not busy, but when busy that is it your busy. It has its benefits and it has its downfalls. But overall if I did not have to relocate I would be still there.
Pros
Fast pace work environment
Cons
Rotating shifts
Cubic was a great place to work
Senior Engineering Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 9, 2018
Cubic was a very nice place to work, it was challenging and everyone worked as a team. this was an excellent work environment. Management took care of the employees all of the time.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 16, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job at Cubic is working with a great team. The hardest part of the job is the lack of work/life balance. The workplace culture used to be a family atmosphere until the founder passed away in 2011.
Pros
Challenging work. Great people.
Cons
Lack of work/life balance.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNJune 14, 2018
It was a good place to work. Lots of fun people to work with and good benefits. You could talk to management like they were family. It was a family atmosphere.
Pros
Free birthday Lunch
Great people, kaotic work procedures
Accounts Payable Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 6, 2018
Management was respectful and understanding, coworkers are very nice, good chemistry, kaotic working procedures, no incentives. No signs of permanent placement for contract people, even do the agencies hinted to possible permanent positions.
Pros
Respectful treatment of employees
Cons
No incentives, difficult working conditions.
Fun company to work for
INSTRUCTOR /Writer (Former Employee) –  Prince George, VAJune 4, 2018
Work load was great . Very good instructors to work with . Company took care of you at the time of holidays and birthdays. Would work for company again if ask.
Productive and Fun work environment
System Operator/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 4, 2018
Nothing to tell.
Management is ok...but changing soon.
I love this job.
Not an IT job.
they don't give sick days.
You get about 2 weeks of vacation a year.
job security unreliable.
Role Player (Current Employee) –  Leesville, LAMay 31, 2018
Job security sucks because you never know when you are going to work. Pay is good when you work but work is not steady. I like a job where I know I am going to work so I can pay my bills.
Good Company
Program Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 29, 2018
Cubic is a good company. Still stuck in some old ways but improving every day. Cubic offers it's employees all of the normal benefits. And you work a 9/80 schedule. The matching program is bogus and should be changed to actually match and not just forward the $$.
Very Good Learning Experience
Instructional Systems Designer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 25, 2018
Very good learning experience. A formal indoctrination into the life of an ISD contractor. Lots of opportunity to grow and learn if you like to do that sort of thing.
Pros
Great people and laid back environment
Cons
Not eating the candy although it is readily available.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cubic Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss