Cubic Corporation Employee Reviews

Great place to start my career
WEB DEVELOPER (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 6, 2018
Very welcoming and eager to teach. I learned a lot here and environment was very friendly and helpful. Great place to have started my web development career. They have fun events and team lunches at times. Everyone here is supportive!
Excellent job experience
FBI Contingency Response Survey Team Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kingstowne, VANovember 3, 2018
It was a great job, and the only reason I left is because the contract ended. I hope to work with them again at some point in the future. Nothing but great experience working there!!
Pros
camaraderie!
Cons
Contract ended!
Cubic
Contact Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHNovember 2, 2018
a typical work day is come and check your email, any phone messages, Attendance, phone queues. Write up coaching, review cases. Setting up meetings with potential employees.
Family atmosphere
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2018
Responsible for training FRS CAT I&III students how to operate the acoustic suite, aircraft operating systems, and normal/emergency crew procedures required in the execution of the P-3 aircraft mission.
Pros
Christmas party and pot lucks
Cons
Expensive healthcare
Negative Culture with both clients and staff
Treatment Supervisor- (Current Employee) –  Shelby, OHOctober 19, 2018
Old staff struggled with new staff that wanted to do treatment. There was more of a focus on being a tough guy than deescalating clients. New staff were pushed aside. Staff were very confrontational with other staff. Not a safe place to work if you want to change the culture.
Pros
Director was very easy to work with and talk to...Loved working with the kids.
Cons
Had a great Program set up but no one wanted to work it.
the Layoff
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 17, 2018
The company decision to lay off those workers who had been with the company for several years/decades was deplorable. The requirement to review this supplier was more than should be needed.
good company
Signature Reduction Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 3, 2018
i liked workng for cubic, but it had very little to do with cubic and everything to do with the customer. this is a huge defense contractor, it is exactly what you should expect.
Cubic
End to End Ssytems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Polk North, LAOctober 2, 2018
Sold out to Valiant integrated and Valiant Integrated has yet to define what it means to be a Vasliant employee or follow up with a benefits packge, Not a great place so far.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
new company
Loved the culture in the AP dept
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 2, 2018
• I loved working under the AP manager at the time. She cared about her employees; gave us flexibility in our schedules, allowing a great work-life balance; and gave us the trust to work independently.
• I wanted to be hired as a permanent employee during my time there (as a Temp), but unfortunately, they had made a decision to lay off AR, AP, and Payroll to have a brand new team in Orlando, FL take over these functions. Sadly, I had to move on.
It is a good company
CNC 5 AXIS LATHE MACHINIST III, MACHINE SHOP LEAD (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 26, 2018
If company did not move machine shop to Mexico,I will by very happy to continue work for Cubic corporation.Wery nise,friendly people.I had a lot of opportunity to upgrate my skiils and improve myself evry year.
Don't expect to see your family
Production (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 18, 2018
5AM to 9PM is a regular occurrence. Double work is a regular occurrence. Don't do it. It's chaos. The company grew too quickly and won't hire more help. Everyone is overworked. Unlimited overtime almost makes up for it though.
Pros
Overtime and relaxed managers
Cons
Overworked and very disorganized atmosphere
Great Company to work for!
Crisis Management Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 6, 2018
Plenty of opportunities for traveling. All job related expenses covered IAW JTR. i was PTOC. Good company to work for; as such, my hiring was dependent on contracts. Once the moneys dried out, the contracts stopped.
Great place to continue to serve soldiers.
Mission Command Trainer (Former Employee) –  Joint Base Lewis-McChord , WASeptember 4, 2018
Loved working for the soldiers and my team mates. Mission driven to provide the war fighter an excellent training opportunity. Dedicated professionals always.
Management and Corporate mangement changed regularly
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 9, 2018
I typical day started with short meetings with manufacturing and engineering on each project The a daily report with your boss. Go over daily/weekly finances and update Program Management reviews.
Most enjoyable was working with the workers that treated me with respect and knowing I would help them achieve their goals.
Nice place to work.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 3, 2018
Cubic was a good place to work. They treated contractors the same as their regular employees. They also had the 9/80 work schedule, which I really enjoyed.

The most challenging part of my job, at the time was getting Unreal 4 and their in house tools that were designed with Cry Engine, to work well together. Also, learning Unreal 4 at the time was pretty fun.

The people were great as well as the culture. I did have to pull some overtime from time to time, but that didn't bother me that much.
Pros
Good management
Cons
The drive there was terrible (dealing with I-4 traffic)
Tough, tough, tough
Hardware Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 19, 2018
It was a somewhat good place to work as far as developing my skills, but management was unrealistic about schedule and always demanded impossible things.
Fun job with a military setting
Training Analysis Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAJuly 13, 2018
The work days can be lengthy when not busy, but when busy that is it your busy. It has its benefits and it has its downfalls. But overall if I did not have to relocate I would be still there.
Pros
Fast pace work environment
Cons
Rotating shifts
Cubic was a great place to work
Senior Engineering Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 9, 2018
Cubic was a very nice place to work, it was challenging and everyone worked as a team. this was an excellent work environment. Management took care of the employees all of the time.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 16, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job at Cubic is working with a great team. The hardest part of the job is the lack of work/life balance. The workplace culture used to be a family atmosphere until the founder passed away in 2011.
Pros
Challenging work. Great people.
Cons
Lack of work/life balance.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNJune 14, 2018
It was a good place to work. Lots of fun people to work with and good benefits. You could talk to management like they were family. It was a family atmosphere.
Pros
Free birthday Lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cubic Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight