CUDD Energy Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Dead man walking
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMMay 21, 2018
This is a place where you make good money, but not because you get paid good but because you put in alot of hours. When we were very busy there was times that if you were lucky you got about 3-4 hours of sleep.
No matter how much they were suppose to be safety oriented, the only time safety came up is after an incident.
The management does not care about you as a person nor anything about you well being, all they care about is getting the job done no matter what, and if you get hurt they will come back and try to put the blame on you. Damned if you do and Damned if you don't
Pros
120+ hours
Cons
No Sleep
alright company
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 21, 2018
not what it used to be higher ups are running the company into the ground. they have no rotation offered for employees and they low ball you on pay...
Field Operations
Frac Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 29, 2018
Pressure Pumping is the company service. 12hrs shift, 2 weeks on 1 week off depending on job demand.
Career progression is limited and slow. Salary and benefits can get better.
Too much buddy system
Coil Tubing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Canton, PAApril 17, 2018
Cudd will train you for whatever you desire to learn. I would've liked to advance by what I knew, not for who I knew. Good stable company, with a good name
Pros
Big company
Cons
Poor management /too much buddy system
My time at Cudd
Field Frac Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXApril 6, 2018
Cudd is a good place to get some field experience and the guys on crews were good guys but the upper management was horrible they showed a lot of favoritism and they were horrible at supporting the supervisor in the field and had terrible communication skills
Horrible management
Pump Operator (Current Employee) –  Kilgore, TXMarch 16, 2018
Coil tubing is the lowest paid in the industry. No bonus just an extra 5.00 an hour if you are In the field and run a fluid pump or coil unit. Very high turn over. Coil tubing equipment constantly breaking down. Some of the worst trucks to drive.
Pros
Cons
Plenty
As a whole Cudd Energy Services is a great place to work
Nitrogen Supervisor/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Robstown, TXMarch 14, 2018
Cudd Energy Service provided an excellent opportunity for growth at local level. Upper Management at corporate level does not review employee work performance before making critical decisions. More based on good-old-boy system. With that being said for a local level positions you cannot get a better employer.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Corporate Management
Productive and fun work place
Electronics Technician (Lead) (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 10, 2018
Productive and fun work place, two weeks on location and one week off without pay at home. An oil field service company that will have your back when things get slow in the industry
Relaxed but productive work place
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXMarch 9, 2018
If working many hours with hardly time off is what you like i recommend this company. Environment is friendly but productive. On task is a must but at a relaxed pace
No set schedule
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXMarch 2, 2018
No schedule and I am training people that make more than I do and my supervisor hasn't a clue other then that I have to type in a bunch of stuff just to continue
Pros
Hours
Cons
Schedule non
Life at CUDD
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMFebruary 20, 2018
No work and personnel life balance. You should work almost for 12hr a day with no over time paid. you wont be having a holiday for at least 15 days in straight
If you like being repeatedly kicked in the balls then CUDD is the place for you
Fraq hand blender operator (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMFebruary 18, 2018
Disorganized beyond belief. Trucks are newer but they are in such disrepair I mean if you get pulled over by DOT and they really want to be hard on you I GUARANTEE you will LOSE your LICENSE due to points accumulated after the inspection. Mechanics are reactivate instead of proactive. Go to the yard in Hobbs the down line looks like a junk yard. I was on the green crew and at the time that was the best crew to be on. I was recruited by DRS $15.00 an hour showed up found out I was making more than guys that were with the company 3 or 4 years they were disgruntled and rightfully so and the brought the issue up to management and were told the only way they could get more money was to QUIT and rehire this kind of gives you an idea of what CUDD thinks of it's employees. One last thing they PROVIDE housing not really you get 500.00 monthly deducted for a shared apartment but if you were to rent the same apartment yourself and split it it would be 875.00 monthly so you would actually save money.
Culos
Underpaid
Digging
Dirt
Pros
Some of the best Co-workers
Cons
No scheduled time off, low pay for work, no AC in trucks in summer no heat in winter DISORGANIZED
High Stress, Bad Pay
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJanuary 19, 2018
High Stressful Job with Bad Management when I was there. Employees were just numbers and if you had any kind of issue, you would get fired. Bad pay and long hours.
Cons
Bad pay
Fast Paced
Welder Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJanuary 17, 2018
This is your typical Oil field, work as hard and fast as possible to get as much income before the next downturn. They will continually update and provide training.
Pros
Never Bored
Cons
Lots of hours
great company
Senior Field Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vilonia, ARJanuary 16, 2018
I was a senior wireline engineer at this company. we had a great contract working for a major company. we provided a great service and worked together as a team to succeed.
Pros
great comapny
Cons
no negatives to report
Good company to work for.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDJanuary 16, 2018
Great company to work for! I really enjoyed the culture. You will be gone from home a lot but you know your schedule and know when you will be home. Coworkers become a second family.
Working at CUDD
Field Supervisor I (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDJanuary 15, 2018
Typical day at work - Fracturing
- Everyone would meet at the shop in the morning/evening before we would head to location for a pre-trip meeting. Once on location, we would have a safety meeting before changing out with the other crew. We ran 24hr operations. I would spend about 15 min. with the current operator to discuss any problems that may have occurred during the last shift. Between operations I would help others with maintenance tasks after completing my own.
What I learned-
- Complacency is our worst enemy. You need to have your head in the game at all times and take care of each other to make certain that everyone goes home the same way they arrived. Safety is #1.
- Management-
- Some days are more difficult than others depending on the weather conditions, type of well, and scheduling. It is very important to keep a team atmosphere and moral high.
-Workplace culture-
- Crews become very close because trust is important. It's a dangerous business and everyone needs to watch out for each other.
- The hardest part of the job -
- Time management and getting thing done on time in many different weather conditions while complying with safety rules.
- The most enjoyable part of the job -
- I have met some of the most incredible people while working in the oil & gas industry.
Pros
Insurance, 401K
Cons
Travelling in bad weather conditions
Great Employment
Coiled Tubing Driver (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OKJanuary 10, 2018
I had worked for Cudd for 9 yrs, and they are great to work witj. They care about you and your families and will get you home as quick as they can. I will be glad to be back with them.
Great place to start a career
Operator (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, PADecember 29, 2017
Great coworkers
Good place for anyone with good work ethics to start the harder you work the faster you’ll move up
Pay in some districts is a little low but they r workin on it. Equipment is reliable as long as it’s maintained
They pay for meals and try to get us nice hotels when ever possible

Family is a big priority here even though we are gone a lot when something comes up that u wanna be there for management does everything in their power to get u home, in an emergency case they get u home one way or another ASAP
Pros
Coworkers, benefits, and the paychecks
Good Company
HSE Coordinator Pressure pumping (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 25, 2017
Great Benefits, keeps you at work. As long as you are on the San Antonio division they have you on rotation but you still work in West Texas. Great company though, if you like to work.