CUDD Energy Services Employee Reviews

The best Frac yard ever
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDOctober 17, 2018
I was hired over the phone. Pay, and benefits were the best I had ever had. We had a 28/14 schedule. Enough time to make money and enough home time to make it worthwhile. Even though we were based in North Dakota we got to work in Montana, Wyoming and in Colorado. Saw some beautiful country , as well as being paid exceptionally well. I looked forward to coming to work after the end of days off.
Pros
Great money, great team and work enviroment
Cons
Winters in north dakota
to much family
Adminstrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OKAugust 22, 2018
Elk City has nothing but family working especially in the office. The more you do for them the less they appreciate you.They want to put more work on you for less pay.
benefits
Cons
if you are related to management, you have a good job
Poor management
Lead Field Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMOctober 29, 2018
If you want to feel like a slave with no life and no time off this is the place.
You stay on well site for more than 24hours a day and you get to sleep here and there 30 minutes at the time, but hey they expect you to be 100 percent fit for duty.
When you get to go to a hotel they put you in the cheapest bedbug hotel there's.
You never receive support from your supervisors. They are bothered every time you need to call them for support.
Upper management positions are grandfathered in. They don't really look for the persons qualities to be a supervisor.
Their pay is the lowest among other service companies for mechanics. There's no schooling time what you learn is what you learn on the field.
As a whole Cudd Energy Services is a great place to work
Nitrogen Supervisor/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Robstown, TXMarch 14, 2018
Cudd Energy Service provided an excellent opportunity for growth at local level. Upper Management at corporate level does not review employee work performance before making critical decisions. More based on good-old-boy system. With that being said for a local level positions you cannot get a better employer.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Corporate Management
Field Operations
Frac Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 29, 2018
Pressure Pumping is the company service. 12hrs shift, 2 weeks on 1 week off depending on job demand.
Career progression is limited and slow. Salary and benefits can get better.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, PADecember 29, 2017
Great coworkers
Good place for anyone with good work ethics to start the harder you work the faster you’ll move up
Pay in some districts is a little low but they r workin on it. Equipment is reliable as long as it’s maintained
They pay for meals and try to get us nice hotels when ever possible

Family is a big priority here even though we are gone a lot when something comes up that u wanna be there for management does everything in their power to get u home, in an emergency case they get u home one way or another ASAP
Pros
Coworkers, benefits, and the paychecks
Work here if you want to earn money
Frac Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXOctober 3, 2018
Hardwork but will for sure work over 100 hours a week.
Pay is decent but days off only come ever 3-4 weeks if any at all. If you can work hard and not make stupid decisions, you'll be fine
Working at CUDD
Field Supervisor I (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDJanuary 15, 2018
Typical day at work - Fracturing
- Everyone would meet at the shop in the morning/evening before we would head to location for a pre-trip meeting. Once on location, we would have a safety meeting before changing out with the other crew. We ran 24hr operations. I would spend about 15 min. with the current operator to discuss any problems that may have occurred during the last shift. Between operations I would help others with maintenance tasks after completing my own.
What I learned-
- Complacency is our worst enemy. You need to have your head in the game at all times and take care of each other to make certain that everyone goes home the same way they arrived. Safety is #1.
- Management-
- Some days are more difficult than others depending on the weather conditions, type of well, and scheduling. It is very important to keep a team atmosphere and moral high.
-Workplace culture-
- Crews become very close because trust is important. It's a dangerous business and everyone needs to watch out for each other.
- The hardest part of the job -
- Time management and getting thing done on time in many different weather conditions while complying with safety rules.
- The most enjoyable part of the job -
- I have met some of the most incredible people while working in the oil & gas industry.
Pros
Insurance, 401K
Cons
Travelling in bad weather conditions
Great workplace.
Electronic Technician Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LASeptember 5, 2018
Going into the office and being the only Electronic Tech at the facility. Teaching the Field supervisors how to use Digital Meters so I could help them troubleshoot problems on jobs.
Learned how to become a supervisor and work with people on jobs that don't understand electrical or electronics to troubleshoot their problems while on different jobs.
Constantly updating the equipment with setting it up and getting it ready in the shop.
The Engineer, Programmer and myself built a fail safe controls for Snubbing Jobs.
Pros
New shop nice and clean.
Cons
Different calls from different jobs with problems at the same time.
Decent work depending on the market, no home life when work is elsewhere
Frac Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Canton, PAJuly 2, 2018
Most employees are great people, most bear the burden of the work equally. Few are able to slip through the cracks and work less than the rest. Management has been known to screw up good work contracts, not the employees, not the work quality. If work slows be prepared to travel for work. Great for singles, bad for family. Show initiative. Be on time. Learn to swing a hammer.
Pros
Good company to get you started in the industry
Cons
If you have a class A license chances are you can find better pay

Want to know more about CUDD Energy Services?

Ask a question
Get buff and a tan! Learn about new cultures languages!
Equipment Operator IV (Former Employee) –  Kirby, TXAugust 20, 2018
Pay was always right on. Never any games with overtime. They were strait with me, no bologna about what I was stepping into. Real deal oil field good and bad but no crud. You better have a working knowledge of Spanish or Nigerian but everyone was professional. I got a nice tan, safety guys are safety guys some were out of control others knew they're stuff. Cover your rear driving, do a real pre trip and have enough spine to decline if not up to code. Over all good Oklahoma company that tries to do right.
Pros
Correct pay no games.
Cons
Real oil field be sure to stretch
Great place to start a career
Logistics/Supply Chain Analyst II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 28, 2018
Great place for anyone with good work ethics to start your career, and the harder you work the faster you’ll move up.
Also a very good place for hard workers.
Pros
Great place to start a career
Cons
Slow Management
Oil and Gas field
Coil Tubing Operator (Former Employee) –  Canton, PAJanuary 15, 2019
Plenty of hours to be worked at Cudd when I was employed there and there was a structured management even with the opening of our new yard location in my area.
All lies
OTR Driver Flatbed (Former Employee) –  Iraan, TXNovember 12, 2018
Very unorganized. Will put your cdl at risk does not care about employees health, safety, or well being. Management is not on top of issues. Equipment is unsafe
Pros
Not applicable
Cons
Unsafe enviorment
Dead man walking
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMMay 21, 2018
This is a place where you make good money, but not because you get paid good but because you put in alot of hours. When we were very busy there was times that if you were lucky you got about 3-4 hours of sleep.
No matter how much they were suppose to be safety oriented, the only time safety came up is after an incident.
The management does not care about you as a person nor anything about you well being, all they care about is getting the job done no matter what, and if you get hurt they will come back and try to put the blame on you. Damned if you do and Damned if you don't
Pros
120+ hours
Cons
No Sleep
Honestly the best in the field
Slickline Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXAugust 28, 2018
Cudd is by far the superior in the field. I've been around and really actually miss the place. The downfall is like all the others. Buddy system instead of individual performance and willingness to learn. Other than that their structure when I was there was strong and full of knowledge. Dont plan on having family time tho. If you not popular your pay stay lower and u have to claw to get anywhere
Pros
Took care of employees
Cons
No home time
Very nice place to work
Oilfied Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 10, 2018
The san Antonio management just get rid of me for no just cause, the reason they gave for my dismissal was never my fault. The reason i said it was not my fault for not carrying out company policy is this ,as a green hat on location my supervisor were not supposed to give me separate job task without a mentor but they did it made me to lose my job without given second chance ,on location i worked by myself on frac pump by doing packing and tightening of bolts of two different frac pumps which they were not supposed to do but i got fired because i obeyed my superior at the job . Again another reason they gave me was that when i started with the company at their yard they also accused me of not following my mentor and at that point in time i had no mentor and i blamed for not having mentor but my then supervisor was the one i thought that supposed to be my mentor because i new to the system also i was blamed for not having mentor when I barely understand the system. I really don't understand how they really expect me to follow order but the superior employee contradicted the company policy but i was fired for working diligently for CUDD ENERGY SERVICES AS EQUIPMENT OPERATOR SAN ANTONIO DISTRICT. I really don't want to leave the company i love the company i want to continue working for them that's the reason i applied again when i saw another opportunity in Odessa texas. I don't really want to leave CUDD i will be more than happy if i can get my job back. Thanks
Pros
8 free hours if anything happens when on location
Cons
1 hour break in the yard, always give time to employee that needs it on location
Fun place to work, love the crew, made me laugh a lot
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXNovember 14, 2018
Liked the crew I was on. Made the day go faster by their sense of humor, worked together and knocked out things quick to keep on fraccing. Got along with everyone.
Pros
Getting paid
Cons
Short breaks
Good learning experience!
Frac Tech Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJune 27, 2018
I noticed i was paid lower than most companies in the oilfield. The hours we worked were pretty much almost illegal. 17 hour days weren't that bad after your body adjusted to it. Having only 7 hours to do laundry, eat, please your spouse, and sleep is not cool, but you adapt. They need to stop working these guys 17 hours a day for 2 months and only 4 days off! That's ridiculous. They wonder why the high turnover rate! Its a good company to get your foot in the door, but if you want a life, Cudd is not for you!
Pros
Learning Experience
Cons
Too many days on, not enough days off.
Good co-workers/poor management
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXMay 16, 2017
job/co-workers are agreeable and one good side of this business.
There is very poor to virtually no management. You can never get a straight answer or a professional direct manager at this business.
Nepotism is ridiculously high here.
If you are not a friend or family memnber then there is no room for advancement and no priority for you on scheduling time off.
You will never know schedule, they have had many employees that do not return after days off; so therefore they never let you know when you will have days off and the future schedule is kept very secretive.

Due to employee turnover rate there are always new people, which includes person who would most likely be training you.
It is due to this reason that there is not much experience to gain here.

You must pay for your own medical which is very pricey, they cover possibly 10-15% of costs on most benefits.
Pros
Work 120+hrs per week
Cons
Poor pay, no management, benefits are very low compared to others in this area

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CUDD Energy Services. Our community is ready to answer.