CUDD Energy Services Employee Reviews

The best Frac yard ever
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDOctober 17, 2018
I was hired over the phone. Pay, and benefits were the best I had ever had. We had a 28/14 schedule. Enough time to make money and enough home time to make it worthwhile. Even though we were based in North Dakota we got to work in Montana, Wyoming and in Colorado. Saw some beautiful country , as well as being paid exceptionally well. I looked forward to coming to work after the end of days off.
Pros
Great money, great team and work enviroment
Cons
Winters in north dakota
to much family
Adminstrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OKAugust 22, 2018
Elk City has nothing but family working especially in the office. The more you do for them the less they appreciate you.They want to put more work on you for less pay.
benefits
Cons
if you are related to management, you have a good job
Review
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Seminole, OKJanuary 25, 2019
Long hours, but the people there made it really nice. There was a lot of drive time, but it was paid and a good time. We were always out in hotels so no out of packet pay for a place to stay
Pros
Paid place to say
Cons
Long hiurs
Field Operations
Frac Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 29, 2018
Pressure Pumping is the company service. 12hrs shift, 2 weeks on 1 week off depending on job demand.
Career progression is limited and slow. Salary and benefits can get better.
Work here if you want to earn money
Frac Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXOctober 3, 2018
Hardwork but will for sure work over 100 hours a week.
Pay is decent but days off only come ever 3-4 weeks if any at all. If you can work hard and not make stupid decisions, you'll be fine
As a whole Cudd Energy Services is a great place to work
Nitrogen Supervisor/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Robstown, TXMarch 14, 2018
Cudd Energy Service provided an excellent opportunity for growth at local level. Upper Management at corporate level does not review employee work performance before making critical decisions. More based on good-old-boy system. With that being said for a local level positions you cannot get a better employer.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Corporate Management
SENIOR FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Seminole, OKJanuary 7, 2019
A typical day requires you to work 14-16 hrs shifts and be on a 10 day on 5 day off rotation for engineers. Management has undergone an overhaul within the past coupe of years. Company is more money driven opposed to earlier years when they were family-oriented.
Pros
Pay exceeds most competitors
Cons
Very little time with family.
Oil and Gas field
Coil Tubing Operator (Former Employee) –  Canton, PAJanuary 15, 2019
Plenty of hours to be worked at Cudd when I was employed there and there was a structured management even with the opening of our new yard location in my area.
Very nice place to work
Oilfied Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 10, 2018
The san Antonio management just get rid of me for no just cause, the reason they gave for my dismissal was never my fault. The reason i said it was not my fault for not carrying out company policy is this ,as a green hat on location my supervisor were not supposed to give me separate job task without a mentor but they did it made me to lose my job without given second chance ,on location i worked by myself on frac pump by doing packing and tightening of bolts of two different frac pumps which they were not supposed to do but i got fired because i obeyed my superior at the job . Again another reason they gave me was that when i started with the company at their yard they also accused me of not following my mentor and at that point in time i had no mentor and i blamed for not having mentor but my then supervisor was the one i thought that supposed to be my mentor because i new to the system also i was blamed for not having mentor when I barely understand the system. I really don't understand how they really expect me to follow order but the superior employee contradicted the company policy but i was fired for working diligently for CUDD ENERGY SERVICES AS EQUIPMENT OPERATOR SAN ANTONIO DISTRICT. I really don't want to leave the company i love the company i want to continue working for them that's the reason i applied again when i saw another opportunity in Odessa texas. I don't really want to leave CUDD i will be more than happy if i can get my job back. Thanks
Pros
8 free hours if anything happens when on location
Cons
1 hour break in the yard, always give time to employee that needs it on location
All lies
OTR Driver Flatbed (Former Employee) –  Iraan, TXNovember 12, 2018
Very unorganized. Will put your cdl at risk does not care about employees health, safety, or well being. Management is not on top of issues. Equipment is unsafe
Pros
Not applicable
Cons
Unsafe enviorment
Poor management
Lead Field Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMOctober 29, 2018
If you want to feel like a slave with no life and no time off this is the place.
You stay on well site for more than 24hours a day and you get to sleep here and there 30 minutes at the time, but hey they expect you to be 100 percent fit for duty.
When you get to go to a hotel they put you in the cheapest bedbug hotel there's.
You never receive support from your supervisors. They are bothered every time you need to call them for support.
Upper management positions are grandfathered in. They don't really look for the persons qualities to be a supervisor.
Their pay is the lowest among other service companies for mechanics. There's no schooling time what you learn is what you learn on the field.
Working at CUDD
Field Supervisor I (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDJanuary 15, 2018
Typical day at work - Fracturing
- Everyone would meet at the shop in the morning/evening before we would head to location for a pre-trip meeting. Once on location, we would have a safety meeting before changing out with the other crew. We ran 24hr operations. I would spend about 15 min. with the current operator to discuss any problems that may have occurred during the last shift. Between operations I would help others with maintenance tasks after completing my own.
What I learned-
- Complacency is our worst enemy. You need to have your head in the game at all times and take care of each other to make certain that everyone goes home the same way they arrived. Safety is #1.
- Management-
- Some days are more difficult than others depending on the weather conditions, type of well, and scheduling. It is very important to keep a team atmosphere and moral high.
-Workplace culture-
- Crews become very close because trust is important. It's a dangerous business and everyone needs to watch out for each other.
- The hardest part of the job -
- Time management and getting thing done on time in many different weather conditions while complying with safety rules.
- The most enjoyable part of the job -
- I have met some of the most incredible people while working in the oil & gas industry.
Pros
Insurance, 401K
Cons
Travelling in bad weather conditions
Great place to start a career
Logistics/Supply Chain Analyst II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 28, 2018
Great place for anyone with good work ethics to start your career, and the harder you work the faster you’ll move up.
Also a very good place for hard workers.
Pros
Great place to start a career
Cons
Slow Management
Fun place to work, love the crew, made me laugh a lot
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXNovember 14, 2018
Liked the crew I was on. Made the day go faster by their sense of humor, worked together and knocked out things quick to keep on fraccing. Got along with everyone.
Pros
Getting paid
Cons
Short breaks
Work Life Balance is zero
EO3 (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 6, 2018
They hardly have long projects in the district but if they do, you gross over 105hrs every week. you only sleep for between 3-5 hrs. But you might make a little extra.
Good company
Shop Hand (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OKDecember 30, 2018
This was a really good job I learned alot and took advantage I had to learn this job allowed me to meet people and experience alot of neat things but I think most of all was a great experience
Parts
Welder (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, OKJanuary 27, 2019
Production expectations were too high because parts were not available resulting in overtime. Goals were set too high for the company to succeed. Prototype unit was a complete disaster.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Overtime due to parts
Operator (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, PADecember 29, 2017
Great coworkers
Good place for anyone with good work ethics to start the harder you work the faster you’ll move up
Pay in some districts is a little low but they r workin on it. Equipment is reliable as long as it’s maintained
They pay for meals and try to get us nice hotels when ever possible

Family is a big priority here even though we are gone a lot when something comes up that u wanna be there for management does everything in their power to get u home, in an emergency case they get u home one way or another ASAP
Pros
Coworkers, benefits, and the paychecks
cudd work.
Equipment Operator/Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXNovember 10, 2018
Meeting new people, every other week is great.
The jobs that we go on are a fast movement, but hitting things with a hammer after everything is done is great .
Pros
per diem, catering
Cons
no home time
Good place
Rig up hand (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OKNovember 4, 2018
I worked there for 2 year all most and I like the job I did it was fun and I got to see a lot of places it was just the win the oil field slowed down I broke my hand and the let me go

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CUDD Energy Services. Our community is ready to answer.