CUI CABLE Employee Reviews

worst company
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDMay 5, 2018
cedrick the manager at Cui worst manager at cui should fire jack and cedrick not the way you should do buisness long hours on job low pay structure managers only care about how many jobs completed and not the employee
Pros
know
Cons
know
Horrible place to work
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MODecember 28, 2017
Too many hours, 14+ a day, 6 days a week
If u dont come in on ur day off your not a valued employee
Dont pay nearly enough for work asked of you.
No advancement opportunities at all
Cons
No lunches no breaks minimal pay
Fraud
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 10, 2017
They are professional scammers.They no longer exists.All of the employees were getting swindled and were compensated through a lawsut eventually.#with class
installing cable
Installer/Technician (Former Employee) –  Alexander City, ALNovember 5, 2017
CUI was a city to city based company for local installation of Charter Cable communications. Contractor based. Pay scale was the highest I've ever seen
Worst contractor in cable
Tech (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 15, 2017
I've worked for multiple cable and satellite contractors in FL and this is simply the worst in every way possible. I'm seriously embarrassed to have worked for this mickey mouse operation. AVOID
work summary
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 6, 2017
I loved working with the technicians as well as the customers making sure the techs where on time to most if not all jobs assigned to them if they where behind I would call each customer with an ETA
You work for pennies.
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 30, 2017
If you work around 60 hours a week and bring home around $800 means your getting around $12 an hour. Plus they find every reason to charge you. Your whole life will be dedicated to the job and they have no loyalty at all.
Pros
Provide company truck
Cons
Hours, $$$, charge backs
Unethical management and work practices
Installer (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALNovember 19, 2016
Very childish work culture. Not compensated for full gas mileage. False equipment practices to have you responsible for lost equipment. Overcharging for work tools. Bad management and work culture.
Pros
Learning technology
Cons
Compensation
Just trying to get an interview
Installer/Technician (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VANovember 9, 2016
The most unprofessional business I've ever had the pleasure to deal with. I was told I would hear from Managment to set up an interview. I had to call them twice before I received a call. After the call I was suppose to receive an email letting me know the address and the date and time. I still have not received that. I tried calling the manager to let him know I have not gotten the email (after 2 calls) and all I got was a text back saying "sorry, I can't talk now". After a few hours I texted back letting him know I still haven't received anything and I would like to change the interview time (this was all in the voicemail as well). All I got back was he was in training all day, he will send me the info. No answer about changing the time. I finally received an email stating they are looking forward to meeting with me on the date and time shown. No time or date was attached and still no address. That was it for me. First impressions are everything.
Cons
Horrible communication
A stress and headache on its own
Trouble Shoot Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOMarch 25, 2016
The Management had their favorites and picks. They under paid with the education and promised a lot of changes. Doesn't like doing a background history and will hire family before people with experience.
Pros
Nothing good to say
Cons
love to make you work and will try to give a review without people being present
Cable, Internet, and Phone Installer
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOMay 24, 2015
Start work at 7am at company wharehouse to pick up all equipment that was needed for the day. Got a list of customer appointments then established a rout to start. Arrived at customers house or business to perform regular trouble shouting and maintanace. After, installed nesassary equipment to customers satisfaction. All jobs usually ended by 7pm but some work days last up to 10pm or later. I would do this 6 days a week sometimes 7.
Pros
Got to use company vehicle and work with customers
Cons
Had to provide own tools and pay for most of the gas no gas card was provided
No personal time no Holiday
Field tech (Former Employee) –  Warrenton vsFebruary 7, 2015
you can make a lot of money but there is no time for a family life. No holidays. Management is awful very unorganized. Almost no support in the field
Pros
stead work
Cons
No personal time
Terrible
Cable Installer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 3, 2014
This job is terrible and no longer in business as of February 2014 due to their lack in everything. They didnt pay for gas or equipment. The training is 1 week then they send you on your own. The HR lady would find as many things possible not to pay you for a job completed and would pocket the money along with upper management. No management ever lead by example etc etc. Comcast did themselves a favor by cutting ties with this company and giving the whole contractor contract to utellacom.
No family life all work
Technician/Telecommunications Equipment Installer (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 4, 2014
Working here 60 hours plus a week and only getting paid for 40 hours is horrible. You are working 6 days a week and off on your payday which is a Wednesday Mandatory weekends you never get to spend time with your family. you go to work at 7 am and do get home until after 9 pm sometime..
Pros
Good money
Cons
No family time
love, caring, new experiences
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 20, 2014
knowing that you are helping someone who cant help themselves is amazing. learning people life stories and developing new friendships with clients, emotional but professional environment, fun, organized place.
CUI Cable
TechnicianInstaller/CustomerServiceRepresentative (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALApril 6, 2012
• Mapping out and installing cable system for CUI clients
• Responding to repair calls in person
• Repairing damaged systems using various cable related test systems
• Reporting and signing off on completed jobs
• Deliver world class customer service and build customer satisfaction and loyalty
• Provide effective and timely resolution of a range of customer inquiries
• Strive for one-call resolution of customer issues