Culpeper Medical Center Employee Reviews

I loved working at Culpeper hospital
ED Technician (Former Employee) –  Culpeper, VAJune 10, 2019
Meeting people who are having their worst day of their life or is injured and they are seeking help, I was there to help them. I loved my job 17 years. IV's, EKG's, assisting the Doctors and nurses in different task. I loved keeping busy.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Not enough thanks for a job well dont
Not as fast paced as many hospitals.
KITCHEN WORKER (Current Employee) –  Culpeper County, VAFebruary 28, 2019
It was a more succinct hospital environment, but they all work very well together. Even on the roughest days there is something to find enjoyable. HR is also super friendly and ready to answer any questions you may have.
Micromanaged and mismanaged
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee) –  Culpeper, VAJanuary 18, 2019
Training is inconsistent and not the same for everyone. Management is seriously lacking in professionalism. They are constantly putting fear into employees instead of confidence. Not a team environment.
Pros
Cons
Miscommunication, poor training, inconsistency
Keep looking
RN (Former Employee) –  Culpeper, VASeptember 11, 2018
Good people to work with but Management lacks terribly. Very cut throat and they do not care about the employee, just the almighty dollar! If you want to work in a enviroment where you are appericated keep looking.
Pros
pay
Cons
Management, upper middle and lower
Worst work experience
ICU Technician (Former Employee) –  Culpeper, VAAugust 6, 2018
Management is mean and rude. My preceptor trained me incorrectly. There are double standards. Lots of cliques. ICU staff at are mean and inexperienced. I would recommend for you to run for the hills and never look back.
Awesome
Dietary Department (Former Employee) –  Culpeper, VAJune 10, 2018
This was an amazing job, at times I will get overwhelmed and mad, but not furious. All I did was take the cart full of drinks and crackers and put them in the nourishments. I didn't have worry about going in the patients rooms and disturb them that was good. I know a lot of nurses names even maintenance.
Pros
Manager was great
Cons
Snowy days will prevent me from going in to work
An adventure
Safety and Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Culpeper, VAMay 17, 2018
Rank and file employees are great; middle management needs some work and some HR staff are a bit shifty, not to be trusted.
Can become paranoid if you let the culture get too you.
Job description changes as needed.
Very slow paced
Cardiac Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Culpeper, VAApril 1, 2018
Very slow paced job boring at times. Not a lot to learn. Good for the end of your career not the beginning. Lead tech very inappropriate had to leave.
Pros
A lot of free time
Cons
No room for growth
poor management
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Culpeper, VAFebruary 4, 2018
the manager there is very rude,and gets stressed out quick he yelled at me a lot.then he would come and apologized to me after.
everyone would get away with anything ,he wouldn't say or do anything
Pleasant work environment
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Culpeper, VirginiaDecember 6, 2017
10 hour work day that is rewarding and productive. I continue to learn from my experience working here everyday. My boss is very flexible with work and non work related issues. The environment here at the hospital is very good. There really isn't any particular hard parts about my job. I enjoy my interaction with staff and patients the most.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Could pay more.
excellent work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 8, 2017
Staff is extremly knowledgable, very friendly and helpful. Excellent team work through out all units of facility. Room for advancement in career, education reimbursement offered.
Beware of this Place
Former (Former Employee) –  VirginiaDecember 15, 2016
I was treated very poorly by my "preceptor" while there and blamed for others' mistakes.
Management did not want to know the truth about the preceptor who yelled at me for asking questions and refused to clarify specific questions thus setting me up to fail.
They pay well due to it being such a hostile place to work at.
It was a demanding but rewarding job
RN (Former Employee) –  Culpeper, VAFebruary 23, 2016
I enjoyed working here over the past 33 years. I miss the OR. I worked in many areas which this company allowed. I have made many friends over the years and miss the patients and caring for them.
RN (Former Employee) –  Culpeper, VADecember 31, 2015
Over-all very good. Left for personal health reasons a few years ago.Those have been resolved after surgery.
Pay was very acceptable.
Staffing was limited. I have seen this while visiting other hospitals.
Pros
close to home
Cons
Great co-workers and a fun environment
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Culpeper, VANovember 17, 2015
Therapists are always wiling to teach and help you understand the reasons behind a patient's plan of care. A great director who cared about her department and all of her employees, her door was always open if you ever need to talk to her in regards to work or personal. Always something to do, fast paced, and fun work environment
high stress cardiology department
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Culpeper, VAAugust 20, 2015
set appointments for Doctors, file labs an patient files, set up files for daily appointment and verify patient information and insurance.
Pros
was very close to home
Cons
very low pay scale for the demands of the job
Great co-workers along with flexibility
PURCHASING/Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Culpeper, VAMarch 5, 2014
CRH was a great place to work. They have great management along with the opportunity to cross train and earn bonuses at the end of the year. There was always something new to learn all the time.
Pros
Cross Training
Cons
N/a
busy, productive and knowledgeable position in Hospital
Phlebotomist (Laboratory) (Current Employee) –  Culpeper Regional Hospital LaboratoryAugust 13, 2013
A typical day at CRH is either slow or busy. I have learned to provide exceptional care to patients. Also, I have learned better techniques in Phlebotomy. My director is very easy to approach and she is always encouraging feed back and ideas from her staff, ideas to help us grow and provide the best care possible.
My co-workers are just as compassionate in this field as I am. We all possess the same goals and compassion in health care.
The hardest part of this job is struggling to get hours, because I am, currently a non-benefit PRN employee. The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to help others and helping patients get the medical attention and proper care needed to get well, lab work is among the first steps to identify the type of care they need.
Pros
helping others
Cons
not enough hours at work
Great caring, friendly, community environment to work in everyday!
RN Manager (Current Employee) –  Medical RecordsJanuary 3, 2013
I have been at CRH for 16 years in various departments and have enjoyed each one. Co-workers are wonderful, nurses are caring and compassionate, and management is very receptive to ideas and concerns.
Pros
tuition reimbursement, retirement match, advancement potential, family atmosphere
Cons
old facility that needs upgrades.
Stepping Stone Company
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Culpeper Regional HospitalDecember 19, 2012
It is an ok place to come and get a little experience in healthcare field. Many of the Nurses, CNA’s, Technicians, are great to work with, but are frequently taken advantage of by the Directors, and above. Having said that many of the Nurses and Nursing support staff truly do try to make sure that patent care is still provided. Management is defiantly tattoo prejudice. They seem to be more worried about telling employees to cover their tattoos up then patent care. It’s not the worst place to work.
Pros
mostly great doctor to work with, many are very knowledgeable, and seem to want to provide quality care, the hospital has come a long way from what it used to be like
Cons
management is defiantly tattoo prejudice, they seem to be more worried about telling employees to cover their tattoos up then patent care, staffing levels are poor, alot of talking of people behind their backs, 12 hr shift are more like 13hr shifts.