Culver's Employee Reviews

Found 2,283 reviews matching the search See all 2,284 reviews
It’s not fun at all
Culvers (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 22, 2019
I was cleaning basically doing the same thing over and over we were not very busy at all so it was hard for most workers to stay at the job it wasn’t a fun experience at all which frustrated us Their were multiple teens who had left Culver’s because of how boring and quit it was and most didn’t want to work at a fast food because their first experience was Culver’s.
Pros
No we had to pay for are lunch with are own money
Cons
Are breaks were 15mins we had to work atleast 5 hours or over 5 hours for a 30min break
fun place
SERVICE, PREP, CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, WIJanuary 22, 2019
its a great beginner job. if you haven't been in the food industry before. this is a great place to get you foot in the door. staff is really accommodating to what you need
Good flexible and Interactive
Porter/Maintenance/Cook (Current Employee) –  Escanaba, MIJanuary 21, 2019
Been worming there for 2 years. It is fun the employees and managers are all fun. Great pace of work with glexible hours that work arpund you. Its been a good time so far.
Uptight co-workers not very delightful.
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lehigh Acres, FLJanuary 21, 2019
I would recommend this as a first time job, definitely NOT something you want to do full time. The work space is kind of cramped and there are a lot of other workers running back and forth bumping into each other all the time. It is not good.
Fast=paced environment.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mount Horeb, WIJanuary 19, 2019
The job was very fast-moving but sometimes stressful. Often seemed to have a lack of proper management and felt very disorganized at times. It was alright for a first job though.
I loved working at Culver's
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Yorkville, ILJanuary 19, 2019
Walking in to Culver's everyone is friendly and I would have to get my apron from the back and clock in. Then from there I would wash my hands, and start making orders. I was usually on custard so, I would have to constantly keep my area clean by wiping up things like chocolate syrup or just any type of topping. I learned that cleaning big machines is pretty fun after you get the hang of it. All my managers were flexible with my school work and after school activities. The hardest part of my job i would say was handling the daily rushes. And the most enjoyable part of my job was that everyone was so nice to one another.
Pros
If we were to stay later to work our lunches would be free
Cons
The hours to work in the summer are crazy, but fun
It was interesting
Head porter (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 18, 2019
There was alot of unique characters at the location in Omaha that I had worked at. The management staff was decent but nothing special to rave about. The job was fast paced
Fast paced, exciting workplace
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Stoughton, WIJanuary 17, 2019
My personal experience at Culver's has been enjoyable, yet slightly stressful. A typical day at work includes up to 4 different "rushes", it gets very fast paced, and then very slow when it dies down. It's very "all or nothing". The management can sometimes be difficult, and some past managers have been demeaning. It all depends on the person. Many of them are great people. The hardest part of the job is the constant "stay moving, stay busy" environment. It can be difficult and boring to constantly look for something to do, but every day is different. I believe the best part of the job is the fact that there isn't really a boring part of the day, and if you like a busy job that keeps you moving, it's the perfect place.
Pros
50% discount on food an hour before, during, and an hour after shifts, flexible hours
Fast paced environment with opportunity to improve customer communication skills.
Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Ames, IAJanuary 17, 2019
This job offered fair chances for growth in skill development as well as raises, promotions, and management opportunities.
In any given day you are more than likely to be challenged in some way or another, even if only your patience is being tested, but there's usually a valuable lesson learned in the process.
Good first job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Osage Beach, MOJanuary 16, 2019
Great job for a high schooler. Discounts are nice, job is fairly easy. Definitely not worth the money for how much work you actually put out every day.
Pros
Discounts, scheduling
Cons
Short breaks, terrible managers and owners
Fun and loving place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJanuary 16, 2019
Loved working here definitely did not want to leave but I had to move! Had a wonderful team environment and a excellent experience to grow, also it’s very fast paced so it keeps you on your toes.
Pros
30 min breaks with 50% off all the stuff on the menu.
Cons
Can be very stressful depending on the customers.
Nothing to say
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYJanuary 15, 2019
I was not happy with management, too easy.the kids were not made to work and the owner was a liar.I prefer not to say anything cause I don't have nothing nice to say
Miss Them
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Suamico, WIJanuary 15, 2019
Everyone that i worked together there were friendly and fun! Didn't miss a day without knowing a new story or old from everyone else that worked the same shift or longer. New customers and friendly faces are always the best! Getting friendly comments from customers always brightens up others day and night. A Smile is all it takes to make positivity around the store.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Low in full time workers in the mornings.
Good Management but very busy job
Kitchen Team Member (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJanuary 15, 2019
I love the owners of our Culver's, they really take the time to get to know every employee, and give them in depth training on where they plan to work. You also get a free meal for every shift, and 50% off. The only thing about this job that you should know before applying, is that you will never not be busy. This job can be very stressful, and it is always fast-paced. I recommend working in the kitchen too, especially if you don't like dealing with customers, or you want to work with a smaller team of people.
Pros
Free lunch, 50% off other foods, friendly staff, closed on holidays
Cons
Stressful, fast-paced, minimum wage
good work environment and good people to work with
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, ILJanuary 14, 2019
The only complaint i have against Culver's was the hiring choice, some of the people they hired were just plain rude and uncooperative making the work very difficult and segmented
Pros
discounted lunch
Cons
poor teamwork
Easy going and collaborative
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Lehigh Acres, FLJanuary 14, 2019
All the team members there are friendly and easy to work with. I've never had a problem with anyone there. It gives us a chance to really connect to people.
Fun first job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 14, 2019
Culvers was my first job, and helped build me, taught me multiple skills I can take with me for future employment opportunities! I will always be greatful for the years I dedicated to Culvers, I learned so much, and met so many wonderful people over time!
Not the best
Blue Crew team member (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 13, 2019
I had a poor experience with management and worked there for several years with very little chance of advancement based on politics. I would recommend this as a temporary job.
Decent workplace
Sales and Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 13, 2019
The overall atmosphere is good. The employees dress professionally and customers enjoy coming there because of that. The food is good quality and the service is above the normal.
Pros
Good quality workplace
Cons
low pay
Fun work environment
Team Trainer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 13, 2019
Good starter job. I enjoyed my coworkers. Many relationships made even with management. Fun work environment most times felt like one big family. I would recommend
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Poor pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Culver's. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight