Culver's
66Average

Culver's Employee Reviews

United States3,538 reviews
Found 3,538 reviews matching the search
Work was always busy which is typical for a fast food type of place. Workers were nice. You get 50% off food when you're working, sometimes you get breaks, sometimes people bring treats in for everyone but I got paid 9.00 an hour and I worked really hard.
Pros
Discount on food.
Cons
Super busy, didn't get paid much.
Things are not looking so good while it's not too late to turn things around with school approaching and most of the work is being minors things could get worse
Pros
Might get promotions and raises fast
Cons
Heavy work schedule not always fair treatment from management
Culvers is a nice job to start out working as a young adult. It helps you start getting into the work field and to start earning money. There is always opportunity for improvement
Culver’s food is absolutely delicious but the work environment isn’t. While I worked here, I would work 5-6 hour shifts and they never gave me a break. I would also never get my schedule at a good time and it would always be last minute. Always forgot to put my name on the shift list.
Pros
Good food and good employee discounts.
Cons
Not very good management.
If you are working up front it gets very busy as well as working in the kitchen . There is favoritism and the people who work in the early shifts are lazy and leave the place messy and un-stocked for when the later shift comes in which makes it hard to stock and clean when its busy. Other than that the coworkers are super nice and makes the shift better to work in . Very fast pace .
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
unfair pay, Favoritism, very stressful
Job seekers rely on your experience.
when I first started to work there the owner of the place was my favorite person ever but after wasting 4 years of my life there (my very first job ever) I realized how awful he is and how rude the other managers were. don’t work here if you’re looking to move up quickly or get any type of raise or benefits. they are very stingy and greedy and will not pay you more than they want to. also, they do not care about your problems, have a family issue??? oh well, you better come to work.! car issue??? sorry, you better be there on time.
Pros
none at all
Cons
horrible management and if you do ANYTHING they don’t like, you can kiss that promotion that they promised you goodbye.
Well organized place to work , fun people , nice co workers , energized people. No all managers where great. Nice beneficial schedule ,works around your life.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
No paid breaks
Good starter job like any fast food place. A little better than McDonald's and Steak 'n Shake. Better work experience if you can make it into the kitchen.
Fairly decent place to work if you enjoy, or want to start out in customer service and great starting point if you'd like to learn how a kitchen operates. You will absolutely learn about customer service and that communication is key in this work place (or any work place for that matter)! Depending on who's on each shift can make or break that shift, some days you can work with really fun, energetic people meanwhile other days, not so much. Schedule wise, you can typically expect the hours that you request.

A HUGE tip for anyone that wants to work here is expect to be expected to work hard, stay focused and stay motivated! If you want to learn something new, do not hesitate to say something, and they will try their hardest to get you learning and working on a new position or other positions all around, so you can find where you fit in and work the best and be the most comfortable. If you work hard and you can prove that you are a hard worker, you will definitely receive feedback on what you are doing well, and tips on what managers expect from you, or what you can work on, to be promoted to a higher position, if that is something they offer you!
Pros
Discount on and off shifts
Cons
Can be stressful some days
the good that comes from walking in culvers in the smiles but if you work there your work effort will be downsized by mangers they will take advantage of you
I have worked for Culver's for about 8 years and I have loved it! The management team is awesome, the hours are reasonable and there is definite room for advancement. You really become close with everyone you work with and the culture is great. Would definitely recommend!
I worked here starting as a sophomore in high school and quit after my freshman year of college. Excellent high school job.
My location/scheduling manager approved any request off put in three weeks ahead of time and let you set your own availability. It is also relatively easy to get shifts covered by other employees if you also regularly help cover shifts.

The Middleton location is slightly top heavy and has many managers but there is still room for advancement if you are willing to work at other nearby locations.
Pros
50% discount on one meal per shift. 25% discount anytime. Flexible scheduling.
They don’t give you the hours you ask for. And are very rude to their employees. And staff members run over all the other employees. They start out at 12.30 am hour.
Pros
Great food
Cons
Poor additudes towards others
I learned how to keep up in a fast pace environment. The hardest part of the job is going inside and outside in the heat consistently. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the guests and helping them feel welcome and take care of while being there.
Like to meet new people and guest that make it a great place to work at got to learn how to manage the restaurant it’s overall a great place to work at
Good hours. But poor upper management. No one was treated fairly. Some managers would sit down and let other crew members sit with them while no one was on break. They would make the crew members that they didn’t like do the work. Also the manger(s) that did the schedule would schedule their shifts with the “good people” or the workers with more experience and better work ethic. And then on shifts they didn’t work they work schedule the “bad people”, such as the new employees or the people who didn’t have the best work ethic. For example, I worked a shift where I was supposed to get off at 7:30 pm but then I realized that the front had all new people (except the closer) till 10. They all started that week and there’s no way they can watch the front while the closing manger closes the back and the front closer closed the front. So I had to stay and close so they would be alright. Also would go months without any team/manager meetings. And other mangers and I would hear updates about the store through the employees who would hear it from the upper managers. So if an employee didn’t happen to mention something important, we would miss it.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Lack of General manger control
Was a good place to work as a beginner. The management was sometimes not fair in there allocation of hours. There were several instances of improper communication techniques displayed by the management staff.
It's a nice place to work and everybody is nicale and sweet you would love it there also you can grow from there and learn a lot from that job and every body you meet and work with
The old GM I didn't like since he picked favorites but this new guy can be very tempered at times and I didn't feel safe around him. The new GM is an older gentleman and uses very old fashion and outdated methods to run a business. I been working 4 years at this job and I never been promoted and my raise was 15% after 4 years. Work culture is a joke there's always drama happening all the time. Don't work for Culver's Northfield. Poor management, poor work culture, poor promotioning and poor pay.
Pros
Some co workers were actually great to work with.
Cons
Outdated management, outdated restaurant and a very stressful job with little pay.
Most of the time the management won't listen to you about your schedule. They don't provide any protection from the Sun unless you bring your own and not check your availability.
Pros
Some of the people i work with are awsome
Cons
some of costumers and some of the managers, crazy hours, work outside no protection from sun unless you bring your own.
At culver’s, I took orders , prep food , clean bathrooms, sweep floors and making sure guests are leaving happy and well satisfied with their service here .
Pros
the cleanliness
Cons
the pay
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Culver's. Our community is ready to answer.
1K
1.1K
2.8
Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.