Culver Careers Employee Reviews

The Best In Industry!
Executive Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAMay 4, 2018
Such a dynamic and amazing company to work for. It might sound cliche, but the company culture has such a family feel to it. Offices have TVs, ping pong tables, and mini golf to keep it loose and friendly. There are office and company wide contests to consistently give us something to strive for (I'm hoping to win the $1000 TV this quarter!). But above all that, What We Do Matters. We're given the chance to positively change candidate's lives EVERY DAY!
Pros
Rewarding
Great Place To Work
Branch Manager / Branch Trainer (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAApril 23, 2018
A great company for those right out of college. Earn great money. Change peoples lives. Have to work hard, but the rewards are worth it. Trips. Gifts. You get what you put in.
Great Place to Work!
Executive Rectuiter (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 23, 2018
You work with smart and enthusiastic recruiters who really enjoy working with their clients, candidates, and coworkers. Culver provides a workplace where there is a lot of fun, energy, excellent support, and training. Tons of contests, monthly and yearly awards.
Pros
unlimited commissions
Collaborative, Educational and Supportive
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  MontanaApril 10, 2018
Culver Careers combines the best aspects of many roles. You get to learn from and engage with experienced recruiters, push yourself to set personal goals and then are rewarded when you achieve them. I truly enjoy the positive atmosphere and company culture.
Pros
Free food and drinks (Especially to celebrate achievements), dynamic atmosphere, supportive colleagues, 100% of healthcare premiums covered
Cons
That everyone is way too good at pingpong
Good product, but poorly managed
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAApril 10, 2018
Typical day consisted of prospecting via phone and cold calls. I learned to be a more organized salesperson. Management training and sales support was lacking but the overall branch culture was good.
Pros
I learned to be a better sales person.
Cons
Lack of sales support
Great work environment from day one
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  USOctober 19, 2017
I've worked at CulverCareers well over a year now and couldn't imagine a better place to be. Every day is a new challenge and learning experience. There is plenty of freedom to do things the way you do them best, and support when you need to learn new ways! The office environment is very open and collaborative, great team to be a part of all around.
Pros
Open, collaborative, fun environment
Great Position and Company
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  USApril 3, 2017
Love the freedom of running my own desk! I get to recruit for some major accounts and then target my own new business. Lots of internal and external satisfaction helping companies grow and closing some big ticket sales
Pros
ping pong, company events, happy hours, competitions
Cons
none really
Excellent company with a very bright outlook!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 16, 2016
I've worked for Culver for several yearsnow, and I've loved every minute of it. It is definitely a work hard play hard environment. Don't expect to come in, skate along and get results. If you put in the work you will reap the reward. Individuals and offices are rewarded based on performance. If you and your branch are doing well you will have so much fun! Upper management is very supportive, and has a great open door policy. I'm so grateful to work for such a phenomenal company!
Pros
Bonus gift cards for top performers, unlimited commission, company retreats to great locations, president's club trips, team building dinners and activities
Loved it
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJanuary 29, 2016
I worked for Culver Careers in the bay area for 5 years and made well over $100K my last 2 years.
It's hard to learn the business and I stumbled a few times in the beginning but my manager was right there everytime. She would take time out of her day and anytime to help me with a deal or a problem or just advice on buying a car or whatever.
Really nice people, the big bosses would come up from LA and SD 1/quarter and I loved picking their brains.
This is not a job for the timid, but If you're smart, assertive and work hard you can make a lot of $$ and have good people around you.
Pros
Unlimited commission plan, 24 days of PTO 1s t year, 100% health, ton's of outings paid for by the company
Cons
It's hard work and you have to be committed to learning the industry
Summary
Talent Development Executive (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 12, 2015
This job requires a lot of patience. You have to work very hard and be very patient in order to start seeing the results of your work.
Not a good place to work
Recruiter/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 8, 2013
Culver is an example of a company that lost its core values that it started with. Leadership at the top is unethical, very poor and inconsistent. Pay structure is not good- recruiters do 90% of work and get paid less than 1/3 of fees.
Pros
Co Workers
Cons
Exec leadership, pay
Culver Staffing
Staffing Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 17, 2013
Culver was a face paced staffing company. Friendly co workers. Office was relocating to Fremont
Terrible
sales (Former Employee) –  san diegoApril 16, 2013
WILL NEVER WORK FOR THIS COMPANY AGAIN. If you want to play and get no pay then this is the company for you!!!!!!!!
Pros
lots of play
Cons
no pay but you need a degree
Horrible company - do not work with or for them!!
Sales Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek CAJune 30, 2011
I did not believe the reviews until I worked there. It is so sad this company is so horrible to their employees and pays such a ghastly low salary with a weak commission structure. There is a lot of inappropriate behavior that goes on there and have been some comments made to employees that are uncalled for. Company is opposed to hearing feedback and likes to try to corner people into submission, about everything. They are doing very poorly as a company, and if they don't make some changes they will lose it all. Here's a novel idea - focus on building a powerful sales force not a huge one.
Pros
nice fellow coworkers
Cons
grossly inexperienced management, long hours expected (but really required), no work life balance, horrible pay!!, unprofessional management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Culver Careers. Our community is ready to answer.