Culver City Unified School District Employee Reviews

Local access to freeway
GUIDANCE OFFICE RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 12, 2018
Working with kids helps you stay young, working for the district keeps you inform of the schools policies, several schools to choose from. Great hours 7:30am-04:00pm, an hour lunch, weekends and holidays off
Great Job, Great Benefits!
Culver City (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAApril 16, 2018
Great place to work with awesome benefits. Most people are very nice and willing to help. Management does their best to keep the employees happy and treated well.
Substitute Teacher
Substitute and Long-Term Spanish Sub. (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 11, 2017
Overall, I felt supported as a substitute. Students respected my role and I always felt that I had adequate instructions and expectations on any given day. On a more unfortunate note, Substitute teachers are given no benefits, no sick days, no paid holidays and are not guaranteed any set number of hours to work. It is not recommended unless you have other employment on the side. Culver City does their best to provide work, but it is nowhere near enough for the average worker to make a living.
I would say that the most enjoyable part of the job is the students themselves. Their smiles are what make my days there worthwhile.
Pros
Great teachers/students/staff
Cons
no benefits/sick days/paid leave or holidays
I am having a new experience in the new city
Assistance Teacher (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 9, 2017
My most important are students getting a better Education and their safety while in school. I am happy when students happy. It's also our responsibility to guide the students to be a better person.
Pros
Students need a free lunch
Cons
Students needs break
I was happy to see my son in the school and feeding students.
Senior Food Service assistant (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 26, 2017
I worked as a leader of the Nutrition sales at 9:30am which is between the breakfast and lunch. The high schoolers whoever had the Nutrition are more hungry for the lunch so that we could have the big lunch sales. I enjoyed preparing menu items for the next day Nutrition. I had done 5 kind of menus baking in 20 minutes. And 2 hours of washing dishes by myself the end of the day work as volunteer every day. Everything was ready and clean for the next day, my girls would not fight for clean spatulas & utensils and the cook could start cooking without washing pots & pans in the first morning. I felt an achievement.
Pros
worked in my son's school as single mother
Cons
short hour work
very rewarding environment
Clerical Substitute (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CANovember 8, 2015
I enjoyed working with this school district, working with the public, very demanding job, able to work independently, very fast paced.
Pros
very rewarding
Cons
constant interruptions, very demanding
Head Coach
Head Cheer Coach (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CASeptember 22, 2015
Make up game day cheer dances and pep rally. I love the group of girls I they had talent and loved to cheer. They had a great year and i did to.
Great job
High School Librarian (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CASeptember 2, 2015
Assist student with the function of the library and some technology. This was the best job I've had, due to the great team player environment and the ability to help and guide the students.
Pros
Work schedule.
Cons
Lake of job security due to budget cuts.
Challenge!!
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAFebruary 9, 2015
I am dealing with all type of backgrounds with big variance.I have to deal with challenging and disobedient students.I have been looking forward of changing my job position.
Enjoyed working with kids
Supervision Aide (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMay 20, 2014
Supervise kids during lunch and recess. You need patience and love when working with kids. Work well with staff and parents. The hardest part of the job(being outside during recess when it was hot). The most enjoyable part of this job was the kids.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Fun place to work
Food Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAMarch 15, 2014
I work part time (2 hours a day)for the school district. I have such a good time with the children, it's like I'm not even at a real job. The hardest part of my job their's no airconditioner in the kitchen.