Cumberland County College Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
great place
Assistant Cafeteria Manager (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJJuly 30, 2018
i chose to leave CCC to raise my children. i had weekends off but the hours were long during the week. I wanted to raise my children, not have them raised by a babysitter.
Not enough work provided
Adjunct (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJMay 22, 2018
I was not happy with the course load. Some of the students were rude and too outspoken. Some came to class with food. I remember one woman who ate a pork chop sandwich in class. I like chops, but it is rude to eat when others are not.
Pros
Good parking
Cons
Not enough work.
Falling Apart
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Vineland, NJApril 22, 2018
Less than two years and the president is leaving because everyone is bailing. Probably won't exist in two years. Between layoffs and frozen salaries--except for management--it's sinking fast.
Malfeasance and poor management leads to layoffs
Worker (Former Employee) –  The DepartmentApril 15, 2018
Employees in critical positions do not care about students or their job, students ultimately suffer as the lack of service has led to sharp decrease in enrollment which forced the college to lay off over 40 people. Management is cliquish and secretive. Management has a habit of lying about decisions and not informing the public or board of trustees, about critical issues and lacks transparency. Promotions go to friends and family members connected to high level administrators and internal jobs go to employees long before the interview process has even started.

Managers go months without completing work or completing any organizational objectives and still receive bonuses with no accountability for their poor performance.

CCC is forced to supplement its work force with part time labor as a result of poor management as anyone with any sense typically leaves to work at a better job. Turn over rate has increased drastically in the last 2 years as a result of the new president and the administrators she surrounds herself with.

Hardest part of working at CCC is knowing your job better than your boss and being forced to do work the wrong way knowing it is in violation of several laws because your manager prefers to do things the lazy way which is why the college has been fined several times. SEveral warnings were given to management regarding improper handling of finances.

Majority of staff in senior positions have no idea how to complete their job and typically sit in their positions for years.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Cliquish Departments, Lack of advancement, Poor management, Lack of Transparency
Good, Part time temporary job
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Millville, NJApril 9, 2018
The job of student worker/studio worker at Cumberland County College is a good, part time temporary job. The job requires the monitoring of the art studio during off-duty hours. Students enter the studio and work on projects, while the studio worker oversees. The work is a lot of fun and not very hard. By the end of the work time, the studio worker shuts down the studio and makes sure all the supplies are returned to their respective locations.
Pros
Good job
Cons
The most enjoyable part of my job
Proctor (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJMarch 2, 2018
I loved the workplace culture meeting people of different backgrounds and positon. Helping other through their time of need or just bein their so that they can vent.
Pros
Meeting people of different ethinicity
Cons
Hard to get a full time position
I enjoy working with people who are anxious to learn. There are good parts and there are bad parts of any job.
Adjunct Professor (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Vineland, NJFebruary 26, 2018
I am a clinical instructor with LPN students. Instruction, demonstration, then re-demonstration by students to confirm ability to perform.

I have learned that we, as instructors, need to stay current with healthcare and continually support the students for a good outcome.

The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the students and supporting them and making them understand that the patients are the most important part of our job.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the students and helping them to understand what taking care of people takes and watching them blossom as nurses and people.
Pros
The pros are what we make of it.
Cons
Seeing some students not complete the course.
horrible management led this college down the wrong path
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vineland, NJFebruary 21, 2018
Selfish administrators gave themselves and their friends raises on a regular basis and fired 44 people who worked very hard because they had no money left after their selfish compensation
Great benefits
security (Current Employee) –  Vineland, NJFebruary 8, 2018
Cumberland county college has great benefits, but terrible budget management led to the layoff of 50 or more employees. The admins will cry poor, but give raises and make promote the top level employees while everyone else struggled.
Pros
benefits were awesome
Fun and relaxed work place
Computer Science/Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Vineland, NJJanuary 7, 2018
As a tutor, you had to be good in order to have people sign up for your times. The amount of people who sign up vary throughout the semester. Overall, it is a great place to work if you are a student and love to help people.
Easy and Boring
File Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJDecember 29, 2017
Working at Cumberland County College as a file room clerk is boring as you are in a room with nothing but files to be put away. The management is wonderful the boss is very flexible when it comes to scheduling and with calling off or leaving early for reasonable reasons.
One word: Dysfunctional
Jack of all trades (Former Employee) –  Vineland, njOctober 12, 2017
Lack of support from management
Lack of advancement because people stay where they are until retirement
Cliquish departments
They know who will fulfill an open position before completing interviews
A lot of hours worked for little recognition
Serious lack of training for the position I worked
Expectations of work are not inline with level of pay
Impossible to get a raise
Serious lack of team building
Pros
Pension if you stay long enough
Cons
Too many to count
Great Co-workers
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vineland, NJSeptember 21, 2017
Through the tough time of only having a few members in the department. We pulled through great and celebrated with Ice Cream. The college is great with many faculty and staff. I went here as a student and to come here as an employee was great. Some people may not think what we do is important or is SUPER easy. But you push past the comments and people and it is great.
cool place to work
Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJSeptember 20, 2017
definately good place to work, always looking for the next rising star, instructors are knowledgable and friendly, great atmosphere air conditioned work her
Pros
cool
Excellent
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Vineland, NJSeptember 12, 2017
This college is the best! I went to this college and then to have the privilege to teach at this college was even better! The students all have a great desire to learn, there is such a variety of students at this college too, from the old to the young but this is so powerful because it just reinforces the fact that Knowledge is Power
Pros
Cons
Close to everything
Informative Work Place to see how Financial Aid works
File Room Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vineland, NJ 08360August 26, 2017
I am able to see current or oncoming students fulfill there life ahead of them with coming to school with the help of loans or aids. I am able to help with filing new folders and putting all documents away and to see students willing participate in there oncoming semester.
A great enviroment to guide and help incoming students for college.
EOF Peer Counselor (Current Employee) –  Vineland, NJJuly 10, 2017
Through my current position as an Education Opportunity Fund Peer Counselor at Cumberland County College, I assist with answering and directing phone calls, taking detailed messages, and scheduling and confirming appointments with students. I also perform clerical work such as filing, copying, faxing, scanning, setting up for meetings, conferences and workshops, and any other duties as requested. I am also aware of the confidentiality policy and do so at all times. I am highly motivated and will greet families, answer calls on a multi-line telephone, and maintain the waiting area.
I can exemplify excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with clients on the phone and in person. I have the ability to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, scanners, and copiers while multitasking and staying organized.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Advancement
CCC is a great place to work
Senior Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJJune 5, 2017
CCC is a great place to work with many opportunities for growth. The management is top notch and are there with great support for the employee. The other departments in CCC depend heavily on the IT department to make their day easier when encountering any problems and are all great to work with.
Temporary Assistant to the President (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJFebruary 8, 2017
CCC is a great place to work, the team and environment cultivates reaching set goals. Fast paced environment, always setting new goals and initiatives.
nice place to work
Adult Basic Education Math Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cumberland County, NJFebruary 6, 2017
Great working environment. Employers made sure you were welcomed and appreciated for your services and your ability to teach others.
Pros
great bosses
Cons
hourly pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cumberland County College. Our community is ready to answer.

Cumberland County College Reviews by Location