Cumberland County College Employee Reviews

Loved being a student worker
Student Worker/Filer (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJNovember 3, 2018
As a college student, flexibility in your work hours is key. Class times are usually inconsistent so flexibility really helps. As a student worker, they obviously know this and work around your schedule. Once you’re a student worker, the department you work for really looks after you. Almost like a family. Personally I worked in Financial Aid as a filer, and any questions I had with FA would be taken care of right away. Loved working here and loved the people involved.
Good, Part time temporary job
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Millville, NJApril 9, 2018
The job of student worker/studio worker at Cumberland County College is a good, part time temporary job. The job requires the monitoring of the art studio during off-duty hours. Students enter the studio and work on projects, while the studio worker oversees. The work is a lot of fun and not very hard. By the end of the work time, the studio worker shuts down the studio and makes sure all the supplies are returned to their respective locations.
Pros
Good job
great place
Assistant Cafeteria Manager (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJJuly 30, 2018
i chose to leave CCC to raise my children. i had weekends off but the hours were long during the week. I wanted to raise my children, not have them raised by a babysitter.
Not enough work provided
Adjunct (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJMay 22, 2018
I was not happy with the course load. Some of the students were rude and too outspoken. Some came to class with food. I remember one woman who ate a pork chop sandwich in class. I like chops, but it is rude to eat when others are not.
Pros
Good parking
Cons
Not enough work.
I enjoy working with people who are anxious to learn. There are good parts and there are bad parts of any job.
Adjunct Professor (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Vineland, NJFebruary 26, 2018
I am a clinical instructor with LPN students. Instruction, demonstration, then re-demonstration by students to confirm ability to perform.

I have learned that we, as instructors, need to stay current with healthcare and continually support the students for a good outcome.

The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the students and supporting them and making them understand that the patients are the most important part of our job.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the students and helping them to understand what taking care of people takes and watching them blossom as nurses and people.
Pros
The pros are what we make of it.
Cons
Seeing some students not complete the course.
Falling Apart
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Vineland, NJApril 22, 2018
Less than two years and the president is leaving because everyone is bailing. Probably won't exist in two years. Between layoffs and frozen salaries--except for management--it's sinking fast.
The most enjoyable part of my job
Proctor (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJMarch 2, 2018
I loved the workplace culture meeting people of different backgrounds and positon. Helping other through their time of need or just bein their so that they can vent.
Pros
Meeting people of different ethinicity
Cons
Hard to get a full time position
horrible management led this college down the wrong path
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vineland, NJFebruary 21, 2018
Selfish administrators gave themselves and their friends raises on a regular basis and fired 44 people who worked very hard because they had no money left after their selfish compensation
Great benefits
security (Current Employee) –  Vineland, NJFebruary 8, 2018
Cumberland county college has great benefits, but terrible budget management led to the layoff of 50 or more employees. The admins will cry poor, but give raises and make promote the top level employees while everyone else struggled.
Pros
benefits were awesome
Easy and Boring
File Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJDecember 29, 2017
Working at Cumberland County College as a file room clerk is boring as you are in a room with nothing but files to be put away. The management is wonderful the boss is very flexible when it comes to scheduling and with calling off or leaving early for reasonable reasons.
Fun and relaxed work place
Computer Science/Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Vineland, NJJanuary 7, 2018
As a tutor, you had to be good in order to have people sign up for your times. The amount of people who sign up vary throughout the semester. Overall, it is a great place to work if you are a student and love to help people.
One word: Dysfunctional
Jack of all trades (Former Employee) –  Vineland, njOctober 12, 2017
Lack of support from management
Lack of advancement because people stay where they are until retirement
Cliquish departments
They know who will fulfill an open position before completing interviews
A lot of hours worked for little recognition
Serious lack of training for the position I worked
Expectations of work are not inline with level of pay
Impossible to get a raise
Serious lack of team building
Pros
Pension if you stay long enough
Cons
Too many to count
Great Co-workers
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vineland, NJSeptember 21, 2017
Through the tough time of only having a few members in the department. We pulled through great and celebrated with Ice Cream. The college is great with many faculty and staff. I went here as a student and to come here as an employee was great. Some people may not think what we do is important or is SUPER easy. But you push past the comments and people and it is great.
Excellent
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Vineland, NJSeptember 12, 2017
This college is the best! I went to this college and then to have the privilege to teach at this college was even better! The students all have a great desire to learn, there is such a variety of students at this college too, from the old to the young but this is so powerful because it just reinforces the fact that Knowledge is Power
Pros
Cons
Close to everything
Informative Work Place to see how Financial Aid works
File Room Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vineland, NJ 08360August 26, 2017
I am able to see current or oncoming students fulfill there life ahead of them with coming to school with the help of loans or aids. I am able to help with filing new folders and putting all documents away and to see students willing participate in there oncoming semester.
A great enviroment to guide and help incoming students for college.
EOF Peer Counselor (Current Employee) –  Vineland, NJJuly 10, 2017
Through my current position as an Education Opportunity Fund Peer Counselor at Cumberland County College, I assist with answering and directing phone calls, taking detailed messages, and scheduling and confirming appointments with students. I also perform clerical work such as filing, copying, faxing, scanning, setting up for meetings, conferences and workshops, and any other duties as requested. I am also aware of the confidentiality policy and do so at all times. I am highly motivated and will greet families, answer calls on a multi-line telephone, and maintain the waiting area.
I can exemplify excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with clients on the phone and in person. I have the ability to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, scanners, and copiers while multitasking and staying organized.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Advancement
CCC is a great place to work
Senior Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJJune 5, 2017
CCC is a great place to work with many opportunities for growth. The management is top notch and are there with great support for the employee. The other departments in CCC depend heavily on the IT department to make their day easier when encountering any problems and are all great to work with.
cool place to work
Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJSeptember 20, 2017
definately good place to work, always looking for the next rising star, instructors are knowledgable and friendly, great atmosphere air conditioned work her
Pros
cool
Poor Management Leads to Poor Performance
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJSeptember 25, 2018
Cliques receiving special treatment via promotions and salary increases eventually lead the college to such a low point, that very few people had any sort of expertise. Many were promoted to positions despite having no expertise in the field they were promoted to. 10 years ago, people were right were they needed to be, but due to internal politics and favoritism by upper management, many were pushed into jobs they were not capable of doing. This eventually lead the college to the point where it was no longer financially stable. Instead of evaluating their strategy and looking at the glaring problem of ineffectual leadership, the powers that be decided to fire over 45 employees to protect the salaries of upper management. Upper management continued to receive salary increases, despite everyone beneath them forgoing their raises to keep the college afloat.

CCC used to be a great place to work, most of the people were friendly, but a good chunk of the people working there were quite lazy, and would go out of their way to create unnecessary bureaucracy to aggravate people to the point where they would no longer interface with that particular dept. anymore. People would disconnect their phones to reduce the amount of incoming calls and reduce negative customer satisfaction feedback.

Overall leadership on the campus is poor with many people in key management positions lacking any sort of critical thinking skills. Everyone gets by doing the bare minimum save a handful of dedicated employees that keep the college afloat. Every year at CCC was worse than the last and no one
  more... in charge had enough brain cells between them to figure out why (because they were the ones running the institution into the ground).  less
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
lazy workers, cliquish behavior, ineffective management, inexperienced leadership, unqualified workers, liars, rampant gossiping
Low morale
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJDecember 28, 2015
Working with students is the best part of the job and the atmosphere! There are distinct challenges to endure and overcome in this particular environment. It is advisable for potential candidates to have honest, impromptu conversations with people who are current employees to get a more accurate snapshot of the campus culture.
Pros
Involvement with college students of all ages and backgrounds
Cons
Nepotism, discrimination, highly-politicized environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cumberland County College. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about