Cumberland County Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Enjoyed working with students
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 29, 2018
My typical work day included preparing a lesson plan, and teaching and giving instructions to 150 students. I also graded exams and provided evaluations of each student to administration.
Pros
Working hours
Cons
Salary
Summer Internship (High School)
Google Internship (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 20, 2018
Excellent experience, definitely prepared me for college and being on the workforce. Everyday was spent working with desktop technicians who work in the field. Great first job!
Working
Quality Assurance and Staff Development (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 14, 2018
Great place to work, can grow, but just doesn't pay enough for the work load. Working with customers and being able to help others was a plus for me. I love working with people.
Pros
Customers
Cons
not enough pay
It was a fine place to work
Public Information Director (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 22, 2018
I would not recommend this place to people who aren't from Cumberland County. Northerners are considered and treated like carpet baggers. I never felt welcomed.
A good internship choice
4-H Summer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAFebruary 22, 2018
A solid internship experience that allowed for a well balanced mix of in office planning and preparation, work in the community around special events and interests of the county, and a collaborative team throughout all departments that worked well together.
Pros
Flex time
Cons
Confusion over how my role was to be compensated in the HR office
Crecimiento profesional garantizado
Spanish teacher in Elementary school (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 22, 2018
Excelente empresa para trabajar y crecer profesionalmente.
Sometimes stressful and sometimes very rewarding
Dispatcher/Telecommunicator (Former Employee) –  Toledo, ILOctober 24, 2017
Answering 911 calls can be both stressful and rewarding. Sometimes the worst calls come in and you do everything right, but the outcomes ends poorly. Other times you answer the worst call, and the outcome is amazing.

The worst is taking a very difficult call and you know the person or you are related to them.

The job is sometimes very fast-paced when a lot is going on, and other times it is painfully slow-paced but you remind yourself that in this line of work, that is good!
Pros
Great benefits, job security-union, paid time off.
Cons
Some very stressful calls, no room for advancement. Some 12 hour shifts, and shift work.
On scale of 1-10 it would be a 9
Correctional Officer (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, NJSeptember 26, 2017
Watch over inmate.. make sure they are safe. Make half hour tour to insure all is well .make sure all inmates eat,if inmates need to go to lawyer make sure they are available . Also that they go to courts . Have recreation available to them. Also maintain a log for everyday .
Patient Relations Representative V (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 31, 2017
I do not appreciate having to go through this step in order to process putting my application on your website. I am looking for a job for a reason. Th
Great Environment to work
Administrative Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 3, 2017
In my opinion Cumberland County Child Support was a little fast paced, I learned how to utilize certain databses. I also learned how legal terminology. What I enjoyed most is the pay for sick/holiday.
Benefits
Teaching
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 23, 2017
Taught here very briefly. Seems to be growth for those who know key stakeholders or hold great professional relationships with key stake holders. BT mentors provide minimum support. although this may have changed now. When applying for jobs the process is fairly easy with very friendly staff. Many opportunities to teach, less to lead.
Small hospital that provides basic care to the community
Staff Registered (Former Employee) –  Burkesville, KYJuly 2, 2017
This is the only hospital in a small community and they provide basic healthcare services to their community members. The facility is clean and the staff works hard to provide care to their patients.
Productive and enriching work environment.
HAZMAT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJFebruary 13, 2017
Good work place. Friendly coworkers and involved management team. Always focused on learning and growing. always something new to learn and do.
Challenging and very rewarding!
Middle School Language Arts/Social Studies (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 6, 2017
I loved my 40 years teaching in the same area. As time passed,I taught the children of my students, and then the grandchildren! I loved that tight neighborhood feeling. Students and parents knew me.
Pros
Great students, dependable loving staff, outstanding leadership!
Cons
Long hours, lots of paperwork beyond student work.
Very informative
Cumberland County School's Technology Intern (Former Employee) –  Hope Mills, NCJuly 25, 2016
I learned a lot from my experiences as a technician intern. I would start off the week being assigned to a technician and would assist them in their everyday tasks. I learned how to troubleshoot various enterprise network problems, and learned the inter workings of a Active Directory system. The hardest part of the job was having to crawl around in the ceiling, rewiring a network IDF to a new location. The most enjoyable part was when a problem, or task was completed.
Pros
Good lunch time
Cons
Didn't get to intern longer
pediatric dentistry
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 17, 2016
This was one of my clinical sites for hands on work experience during my training. I worked there to gain knowledge and put my skills to use in a clinical environment.
fun place to work
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Millville, NJMay 26, 2016
early day usually started the same way everyday. i was the sole maintenance man for my building. loved the people i worked with just did my daily jobs and went home
Great Employer
Child Support Agent II - Interstate (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 18, 2015
Providing case status to out of state Agent's and non-custodial parent's an working caseload. The Interstate Unit has a great team to work with.
Paramedic
Baker & Second (Former Employee) –  fayetteville ncFebruary 11, 2015
Loog hours not good pay. They went over 4 years with out giving anyone a raise. Management changes how they want things done o a weekly basis. There is a lot you can learn there but you will not get treated well.There is not room for promotions. They only remote there friends and they are not fair.
Productive: Fun working environment.
Custodian Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 14, 2014
My day on the job is fun and exciting. Some days are smooth sailing and some days are not. I have learn a lot about management since I have been in charge. It takes a lot of work of being a Crew leader in charge of 13 people, and to know the does and don't on the job. The workers are good and than at times you might have a few or a couple of people who might test you every now and than on the job. We all gets along good. We all chip in ordering out for lunch or we might bring lunch. The hardest part of the job is when you get a complaint and you are trying to explain the situations and its like I didn't do my job correctly in handling the problem, when I know that I have done my best in handling the situation. The most enjoyable part of the job is when Friday arrival, the holidays, and especially when I go on vacation, my free time to rest.
Pros
We have a thirty minutes lunch break. Full Benefits.
Cons
We have two fifteen minutes break.