Cumberland Farms Employee Reviews

Fast paced and friendly
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Scotia, NYDecember 3, 2018
The environment was very fast paced, but usually you work with friendly people. Some of the guests are friendly, others are not so pleasant. Most of the time you are on your feet, making sure the entire store looks presentable and clean. There are rarely any promotions at this company, and some of which are very hard to obtain.
Pros
Free Drinks
Cons
Distance, barely room for promotion, not enough pay
Fast paced and sometimes stressful.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MADecember 3, 2018
A typical day at work is never predictable. It can be very stressful during busy hours and during busy seasons, but also be a fun place to work. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a variety of customers.
Pros
Good benefits and fair pay for part-time employment.
Cons
Scheduling not always fair.
Night Shift
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Gloversville, NYNovember 29, 2018
Although, i did work all shifts, nightshift was usually stuck with cleaning after 2nd shifts messes. I loved the coworkers and customers. i was always so happy to go to work. it is fast paced so it can get a little overwhelming. I think that managers should be understanding about mental health a little bit more.
Pros
nonstressful enviornment at times.
Cons
never understanding. only 2 people at night which makes it hard with one register open.
some days miserable
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHNovember 28, 2018
very shorted staffed. set amount of hours for the whole store so no one could have over time. Very stressful. There is just too much to do and people stress me out
Pros
team member discount card
Cons
short breaks
Ok.
Associate (Former Employee) –  East Greenbush, NYNovember 27, 2018
Job was way better than i thought it would be. However as weeks go by you eventually start to see how the “team” really acts. My boss was not understanding at all. I worked w/ her once the entire time I was there , which was 7 weeks, and it was always “come to work or I’m gonna have to let you go” no matter who or your reason, didn’t care if you were sick, no baby sitter, stuck in the snow, etc...& that’s why I left besides that guests were kind, work went by quick and the other staff were good to work with.
Pros
Discounts. Friendly
Cons
No set time for breaks sometimes didn’t even get one.
Fast Paced, Nonstop, and Stressful
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Naugatuck, CTNovember 27, 2018
Moving nonstop from start to finish
A bunch of tasks to complete
Dealing with food/coffee
Interacting with customers
No breaks/meals
Management is poor
Workplace is filled with drama
like working customer service
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gray, MENovember 26, 2018
I enjoy working with customer service .my jobs duties consisted of cashier duties sales of gas and lotto. making sure store was clean and store was stocked for morning supervisor,coffee pot were ready for morning shift .all cash drops where done at proper times .closed store and sometimes had to open for morning shift if needed.
Pros
free coofee
Cons
no certain brake times, depends on activity or store
Nice place to wprk
Cumberland Farms Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Storrs, CTNovember 23, 2018
Cumberland Farms is a fun and well manerd place to work. they give you a brake every two hours and they take care of there own. You have a nice working family and the boss was overly understanding.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate, Part-Time (Former Employee) –  Plainville, MANovember 21, 2018
I enjoyed the work. I was surrounded by good people who had a good desire to just work and provide for their families. I learned about good safety practices there.
Not a bad company for younger kids.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Thompson, CTNovember 19, 2018
If you are looking for somewhere to start it isn't as crazy as some chain stores. If you can use a register and stock shelves you'll do fine. Just keep busy
Pros
Slower moving
Cons
Low pay, late shifts
good co workers, good environment , favoritism, lousy policies, too many hands in the pot
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYNovember 16, 2018
I enjoyed my co workers, liked the work . I didn't like my last managers individual policy on calling in which went against company wide policy. You could be in the hospital and she would still would want you to find your own coverage or be fired. There is much favoritism in this company . Managers get set up and fired if certain higher ups don't like you. They don't make right the wrongs they do either. Benefits are good . work is good .
work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLNovember 16, 2018
attended cash register dealt with customers and maintained store cleanliness made coffee kept with store appearance was a shift leader great coworkers
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Westerly, RINovember 15, 2018
Great part time job...being a manager is where the good money is though. The only real set back I see is it’s hard to get full time. The hours and days your set to work vary by week also.
Pros
Free drinks on shift
Cons
Hours vary week to week, very fast paced work environment
Fun work place
Customer Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHNovember 15, 2018
I have enjoyed my time with the company and I am looking forward to continue on with the company. The other employees I work with is a blast we all try to have fun while working so there is no stress.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
No overtime
Good place to work fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairhaven, MANovember 12, 2018
Was a fun place to work love getting to m ow my customers at times the manager was very bossy. He chose others over others. You can move from store to to store
Fast pace work environment kind people
3rd Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Portland, CTNovember 12, 2018
Because I work 3rd shift my social life has fallen apart and become stressful. I have a hard time sleeping and cant seem to get a different position in the company
Pros
Discounts on gas and free coffee
Cons
Stressful and unsafe
Double the work once stores go aim for the same pay you got before.
Food Service Leader/CSL (Former Employee) –  RINovember 12, 2018
I worked there for almost 10 years and left after my 2nd nervous breakdown.. if you're ok with doing literally bull work for unappreciative people this is the job for you. I wad a CSL and i had to cover my managers vaca time, got stuck working 3 overnites in a row on top of 10 hour work days...DM was confused as to why I was mad...
Pros
Free coffee while you work
Cons
Management, pay, expect too much from minimum wage workers
its a job
Customer Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTNovember 11, 2018
keep to yourself do your job and go home. which would be my advice for any job really. if you like fast paced work then you will enjoy working for this company.
Pros
benefits, pay is good for a customer service job.
Cons
management is full of petty people.
Benefits are great
Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol, RINovember 10, 2018
If /when I leave I will miss my customers. The company holds a year end meeting at Foxwoods and pays for the room for 2 nights and also gives you a gift card to compensate for gas.
Benefits
Cons
Upper management
Horrible business in general.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, NHNovember 8, 2018
I do not like everything I've ever learned about this company. Watery gas and bad in house branded food and drink aside, the company cares NONE for their employees.
Pros
Cons
the whole place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cumberland Farms. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Cumberland Farms.

Powered by Comparably