Cumberland Farms Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fast paced working environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLAugust 15, 2018
I like working for Cumberland farm because it gave me different working environment experiences. I learnt new ways of dealing with customer services, which are important for the successful running of any company
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brewster, MAAugust 14, 2018
Everyone is really helpful and friendly, after a while it feels like family. Also you get free drinks and monthly bonus. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is that customers are usually the same everyday so they end up knowing your name and become friends with you.
brewing coffee and waiting on customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, CTAugust 12, 2018
typical day punch in count my drawer and cigarettes and scratch off tickets there was no hard part of the job except when you got a upset customer but other than that the job was easy did my job pretty well
Pros
free fountain drinks
Cons
N/a
Great place to work!
CT (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTJuly 31, 2018
Great benefits, part or full time. flexible scheduling, fast paced work environment. if you get the right manager, its a good job. everybody does everything, no one job is one persons job. annual raises if your working hard and proving that you want to be there.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Not a ton of room for growth
FOOD SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  CTJuly 30, 2018
It was a very good place to work for. Great hours. No stress. Fast paced. Always something to do. Management was great to everyone who worked there. Didn't want to leave
Good learning experiance
CSL (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHJuly 29, 2018
Overall as a workplace it was enjoyable, on a typical day I would come in early to handle the gas prices, store report (Cash, Inventory).
I would greet and aid any and all customers that came in, making sure they were 100% satisfied.

I learned a lot about cash handling, customer service, handling of employees in a multitude of situations. Handling inventory, orders, and food handling.

The culture was good, people were willing to cover shifts and the management staff was quite understanding of anything that would arise with any of the employees regardless of position.

The hardest part and the best part about the job was to learn the different needs of the variety of customers to come in. Know what they would come in for in advance, before they come to the register.
and ensuring that each and every customer left in a better mood then they came in with.
Pros
Team member discount, monthly encentive.
Cons
Short or even no breaks.
fun and fast paced
customer service associate (Former Employee) –  Fonda, NYJuly 27, 2018
Its a good company to woek for.staff was very nice and the work is fast paced,your always busy doing something..Its nice to see your customers happy.i would recommend this job to anyone
Outstanding Employer
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tisbury, MAJuly 25, 2018
The store had a friendly, collaborative environment which was fast paced in sales. The customers were engaging and were part of a friendly neighborhood. They looked at the Cumberland Farms store as part of their daily lifestyle.
I enjoyed interacting with the customers as the most enjoyable part of the job.
The hardest part of the job was ensuring that all work was done within the time available, given the high volume of sales and inventory turn around.
Pros
Interative Environment
corperate
cook (Former Employee) –  Biddeford, MEJuly 25, 2018
The company only cares about their bottom line witch is understandable but the turnover was so bad because if anyone had a problem they would tell you to just deal with it no matter how bad the problem was.
Great place to work.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Naugatuck, CTJuly 25, 2018
Typical day entailed finding my rhythm and what to do in what order. Learned how to operate new machine that will serve me purpose in future jobs. Management could've been better, but tried to do what they thought was best at the time. Hardest part was stocking the cooler and the easiest part was learning customer habits.
Pros
Got to be our own bosses on when we did our work.
Cons
Management would come in earlier than scheduled.
not worth it
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Falmouth, MAJuly 25, 2018
what you get paid as a manager is not enough, to live in this state . plus the mental and physical stresses you go through daily are not worth the very low salary . Did it for 6 years and came to realize that i could kill myself for this place with my poor pay and they would replace me in a heartbeat. Do not feel valued or appreciated.
A typical Convenience Store
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Ravena, NYJuly 24, 2018
A typical day at work consist of brewing multiple pots of coffee and dealing with customers of all degrees. Dealing with drink and gas spills. Doing returns on products, sweeping and mopping the floors, and Stocking the shelves/coolers.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
Short breaks, favortism
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  milton n.hJuly 24, 2018
I waited on customers on the cash register,handling of large sums of cash i would deposit most into a safe keeping a well balanced sheet at the end of my shift i was never short or over in my drawer i started at 8.50 an hour within 2 months i was moved up to 10.50 an hour,i have had customer and cash register experience for over 28 years
Pros
time was flexable friendly staff
Cons
not enough hours
My summary of Cumberland Farms! :D
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Norridgewock, MEJuly 23, 2018
Cumberland farms was a nice place to work. Sometimes it was stressful and crazy but I usually had a lot of fun with my co-workers that is when I wasn't doing the job alone!. :)
Overall not a bad work enviroment
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLJuly 19, 2018
While this company is growing and changing dramatically there has recently been a huge disconnect between management and its employees and many locations have managers that are extremely rude, inappropriate or down right nasty and the company always stands behind their managers. My recommendation is if you do not like your manager, transfer.
Loved my job
Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Millerton, NYJuly 19, 2018
Working at Cumberland’s was a great experience, you learn a lot, and have room to move up the ladder. They let their DMs’s run their district how they see fit and with little interjection from above, one of the downfalls.
Ok job to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FLJuly 16, 2018
This was an ok job with an ok work environment. Decent pay but could’ve been better compensated. Closed Florida stores abruptly. Lackadaisical management.
great place
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Bellingham, MAJuly 16, 2018
i love working here its a great company to work for great incentives. not to much of hard work its pretty easy work load everyone is really freindly i really enjoy working for cumberland farms
Pros
great insentives
Cons
time consuming
Fun environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Hull, MAJuly 10, 2018
Plenty of fun people came in, i loved the customers and i loved how flexible my manager was when it came to scheduling me and it was close by which was nice
Great company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Eliot, MEJuly 10, 2018
Was a great 9 years. Lots of opportunity if you workrd had. Up to date technology. Nice environment . Benifits were great and the culture was tat of being number 1
Pros
Work conditions
Cons
Help issues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cumberland Farms. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight