Cumberland Farms Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Place to Work
Guest Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Uxbridge, MAOctober 19, 2018
Great benefits, great management, wonderful coworkers and customers. Room for advancement. Easy to relocate if necessary. Guaranteed annual raises.
Area Sales Manager vs. Store Manager
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tilton, NHOctober 18, 2018
Some of the Area Sales Managers of Cumberland Farms create a very hostile work environment because of how they treat their Store Managers. The Managers of Cumberland Farms rarely get the help they need when it comes to manning and maintaining their stores. From what I have seen this company's Area Sales Managers require unreasonable time and effort of their Managers all while picking on everything little thing that isn't done exactly right. I have seen this constant aggravation from the Area Sales Managers create a very stressful working environment for not only the Managers but other associates also. In my opinion Cumberland Farms NEED more confidential lines of communication open for distressed employees to complain about their supervisors without having to fear being fired or being treated worse by that supervisor.
Cant review.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Dover Plains, NYOctober 15, 2018
The management was very poor here. Playing of favorites and unprofessional behavior. was the core of this particular store. One of my top two worst jobs I've ever had
Pros
Cons
where do i begin
Fun place to work with lots of interesting people
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MAOctober 12, 2018
It was a temporary job right out of high school, It was enjoyable because it was located in a college town but its what's expected from working at a convenience store. Not a lot of room for advancement and in order to get promotions you have to do all of the work no one else wants to do
Pros
Good for part time work, not recommended for career choice
Cons
Poorly managed, not a lot of room to grow
coustomer service associate (Former Employee) –  Bennington, VTOctober 12, 2018
I enjoyed working for Cumberland farms until the manager would drop my hours and change my schedule with out letting me know which was an inconvenience to my second job
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Short breaks
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Port Orange, FLOctober 11, 2018
My store that im at currently, feels like a family. And i didnt think id want something else. When k first got interviewed my old manager Steve, came up with the nickname Skippy for me and for almost 2 years now everyone knows me by that name.
Pros
Friendly customers, great atmosphere
Cons
Drama
Great Work environment.
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Hudson, MAOctober 8, 2018
Great work environment. Fairly simple routine. Quick paced atmosphere. Always something to do or work on. Great management and flexible scheduling. Definitely recommend working at Cumberland Farms.
i dont kwon
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAOctober 8, 2018
the only one thing i know about cumberland farms is very good conpany 100 % my boss is good guy i love him so much hi is helpful i love my schedule by
Pros
yes free luchs
Cons
goood heath caer
Food Service Leader (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MAOctober 7, 2018
Our store manager makes sure we all work as team players. We work to get the job done it’s easy fast passed and always busy .Its A Fun Place To Work. We Make Sure To Get the customers in and out of their. We have great customer service and the store it’s always clean.
great benifits, at the expense of stress, and being patient
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIOctober 7, 2018
in some aspects this was an amazing job and in others it was not so much. dealing with the general public can be hit or miss as far as enjoying your work enviroment. there was always something that needed to be done, cleaning, stocking, food service, assisting customers. staying busy helped pass the time during a shift, but ultimately i felt it was never an end game solution to finicial security.
Very social and busy job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Deep River, CTOctober 6, 2018
I enjoyed working here because I stayed busy and I got to know the people in town. The management was great. And a very clean, respectful work environment.
Pros
Employee discount
Fun work place
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buzzards Bay, MAOctober 4, 2018
A really fun/good place to work and get to meet people; whether it be a customer or new employee. Cumberland farms is a decent environment to work in and get to know others.
Pros
Healthcare, breaks, set time schedule
Cons
Dealing with belligerent customers
Great place to work. Family oriented
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Central Falls, RIOctober 1, 2018
Loved my job and loved my team. Very family oriented company. Wish I was still working for them but they are not in the area. It's the little things that count.
productive
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Rutland, VTSeptember 29, 2018
Very fast pased, easy to work with your co-workers. I have learned it's easy to smile and be nice to someone then to give them back the bad behavior they give to you. Learn things quick and get them done in a quickly manner.
Pros
discounts and feels like your second family
Cons
n/a
friendly coworkers steady work
Customer Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, VTSeptember 28, 2018
I enjoyed working at Cumberland Farms in Woodstock Vermont the staff was friendly and there were minimal dull moments always something to be working on.
Pros
always had something to do never sitting idol
Cons
none that i can think of
Great base moral
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich, RISeptember 27, 2018
Manageing for Cumberland Farms is very stressful and challenging. With all of its challenges you are always growing and definitely makes you a strong manager. Their expectations are high and they give back in many ways. The most gratifying thing about working there was the customer service.
Pros
great benefits, over all a great company.
Cons
stressful and time consuming.
Busy but fun work environment
Food Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Hudson Falls, NY 12839September 24, 2018
At Cumberland Farms it was was constantly busy. Granted there are slow days, but for the most part it is a busy location. Most of the employees find ways to have fun while also being productive.
Friendly Place
Senior Cashier (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 23, 2018
Fast paced energetic place to work. Great customer interactions and friendly and family like atmosphere. Long term part time cashier, now senior cashier.
Pros
great waages compensation
Cons
only part time not enuf hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MASeptember 23, 2018
Its fast paced which is nice because the shifts go by fast. The customers are nice. The coworkers are nice. There is always something to do in the store so you are always busy.
Pros
Always something to do.
Cons
when there is a gas leak but that rarely happens
No One Cares.
Guest Service Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marion, MASeptember 22, 2018
You can hear people in the manager's office chatting(not on break, by the way) without a care in the world while you're alone on the floor at register during rush. You come in to close, and find that no one who was in before 1 PM did more than half of what they were supposed to do, leaving overflowing trash throughout and outside the store, a messy and understocked store, bathrooms, etc., and a cooler/freezer that is completely understocked and disorganized. I never got properly food trained because I could never get away from the register because we were either understaffed (we had 3 people leave in my time there) or people weren't available, and ultimately got locked into largely closing shifts. Most days, people left with jobs undone, or registers open, or without notice, and it created an unending chain of events where everyone gets overwhelmed, and the closers are stuck trying to do half of the work for the whole day while the customers don't stop flowing in until the store closes., leaving one to hold down the register. It's a miserable, stress-inducing environment, and no matter what anyone says to the manager, no one who works in the mornings ever changes how they work. The store is the single dirtiest I've ever seen, and it's not close. There is a permanent stench from the back room. The only people who are happy are the ones who don't do their work.
Pros
At least I got my pay card after 5 weeks?
Cons
Everything else.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cumberland Farms. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight