Cumberland Farms Employee Reviews

Overall enjoyable atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAFebruary 15, 2019
I enjoyed my time w/Cumberland Farms, however I felt it was my time to move on &grow as an individual. Despite the relationships I created &grew on, personal growth is important.
Overall a good company to work for
Senior Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLFebruary 13, 2019
The company is well maintained but management has its issues. Not much room for growth and hours aren’t always very stable. The benefits and bonus programs are very nice.
Productive but full of drama
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Laconia, NHFebruary 7, 2019
The Cumberland farms I worked at I was bullied by an older employee and my manager didn’t deal with it except for writing me up for sticking up for myself.
Cons
Short breaks
only for night owls
Overnight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTFebruary 1, 2019
its long on overnights but it is quiet so you can get some you time while at work like music all night till the bars close then some people come through there was alot of military that came through
Could be a great place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, MAJanuary 30, 2019
Management means everything. I worked there for over 4 years, and had 7 different managers. First one was great, made the job a great place to work. Every new manager got worse and worse. Regional manager is not personable and is awful to work for.
Pros
Customers can be great
Cons
working store level, you don't mean anything to the company.
Long hours, in excess of 16 per day.
Training Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIJanuary 29, 2019
At he time of my employment it was a different culture and working environment. I cannot speak to the present conditions of the work environment today.
Pros
Advancement opportunities.
Cons
16+ work day hours
Poor place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rockport, MAJanuary 26, 2019
Manager is a joke, sits behind desk all day while everyone else runs around doing everything. Assistant manager smokes pot at work and is way to young to have a manager role. Other assistant manager works so hard and is under appreciated. Horrible pay for a place that expects so much.
just a basic job
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 21, 2019
basic retail job people i work with canhave negative energy which is a downer but its a very easy job, just have to stay busy but it can be very boring and long
Pros
free drinks, 20 cent discount
Cons
not good hours and schedueling
Decent Part Time Job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MAJanuary 20, 2019
Cumberland Farms is a good job if your in school or still young. At the time it was a competitive wage for the work we did. My manager was awesome. I was laid off because I worked in a "Legacy Store". Only select employees were offered jobs after the lay off. The store made good profits until they opened a new store 2 minutes down the road.
Pros
Discounts and Great manager
Cons
Hours where not Flexible and corporate doesn't care much about each individual store.
Great for a first time job with advancement options
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Whitinsville, MAJanuary 18, 2019
I enjoy working here. However the management is very inconsistent and if you want to advance, it takes what seems like forever to actually get it done. Other stores may be different but with my current manager, it takes months to get the ball rolling on anything of importance. The company itself is wonderful. They offer everything when it comes to healthcare and 401ks. I love the company just wish there was better management.
Fun and friendly place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Citrus Springs, FLJanuary 17, 2019
A day at Cumberland Farms consisted of taking care of customers, handling credit card and cash transactions, making fresh coffee and tea for the customers, running a lottery machine, and upkeeping store maintenance. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing familiar friendly faces everyday. There wasn't really a hard part to the job. Management was always very friendly and nice as well as the other employees.
fast paced
Senior Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Westfield, MAJanuary 15, 2019
constand exposure to the community the good and bad and have to be able to multi task. constatly cooking and making coffee. be aware that you will be secret shopped
poor bosses from the top to bottom
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 8, 2019
you cannot run a company where your employees are constantly running around for answers from your manager and getting no guidance. no direct instruction past training very inconsistent on how job should be performed. DO NOT RECOMMEND
Pros
15% store products
Cons
bad instruction
Very terrible crew.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTJanuary 7, 2019
Management seemed like they did not want to train me. I messed up on the register once and didn't know which cigarettes to grab since i don't smoke and the cashier training me got frustrated.
Pros
good pay
Cons
terrible crew
CSL (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEJanuary 7, 2019
Bad management I pretty much work alone since I’m the only one on the shift and manger always act like he doing something on the computer, If I say anything about talking to employees about doing there job he belittle me in front of the customers and tell me that he the manager, went to the DM about and he told me I sound like my co-worker who works overnight and Complaining to much
Pros
Love the customers
Cons
Bad manager
Learning experience
Massachusetts (MA) (Current Employee) –  Massachusetts (MA)January 3, 2019
This is a great place to work if you don't mind inconsistent hours.. You do learn a great deal of things... Some things work.. Others not so much....
Constantly keeps you on your toes, always something to do.
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  E Wareham, MAJanuary 3, 2019
Great company to work for. Lottery, coffee, frieght, stock, cash handling. Flexible hours yet consistent as far as scheduling. My experience just not a fan of the favouritism some bosses use.
Relaxed but fast paced.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Dover Plains, NYJanuary 2, 2019
Fast paced and hectic at times, but overall relaxed environment. Scheduling is all over the place and can be hard to make appointments. No set schedule!
Was a great place to work and great people at the store I was at I don’t know about other stores
CashierCashier (Former Employee) –  Laconia, NHJanuary 1, 2019
Cumberland farms is a great job for people as a first job or if you are a people person. I don’t know how all the stores are but I know that the store in Laconia NH was great.
Customer Service Leader/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Skowhegan, MEJanuary 1, 2019
The management is great, a lot of teamwork involved. Amazing benefits, perks and discounts - easy travel, clean work environment, many Cumberland Farms nearby
Pros
Discounts, free items, great pay
Cons
Short breaks, standing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cumberland Farms. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Cumberland Farms.

Powered by Comparably