Cumberland Farms Employee Reviews

Boss was great before I had to relocate stores
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MANovember 9, 2017
The people I worked for were some of the most caring people I've ever worked under. The customer's were just as wonderful as a basic job it was wonderful with lots of room for advancement in the company.
Pros
Discounts insurance paid time off
Poor management at the store I work at.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Bath, MENovember 7, 2017
It’s a great company to work for but the management sucks. They don’t help you at all. If you have a issue with another employee they will tell everyone you work with to cause drama. To move up takes for ever been trying for six months and just keeps getting pushed off.
Fun fast paced
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cairo, NYNovember 6, 2017
It's a fun fast paced work environment when there's the right management . Need more training when first hired but overall a great place to work with good pay.
Pros
Discount card, holiday coupons
Cons
Too much gossip, lack of traning, picked favorites
Great place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLOctober 30, 2017
The store that I worked at was great, my coworkers were friendly and the Store Manager was a easy to talk to and was able to help me if needed it. For morning shifts there were always 3 employees and a manager present and during the night shift there were only 3 employees working. All the employees in each shift worked together to balance out the workload. The only issues was dealing with drunk customers trying to buy beer past curfew hours or were there causing problems for other customers.
Pros
Good workplace, Balance workload, Flexible Schedule, Company treats you like family
Cons
Drunk Customers, Stopping fights, and not a good job if you dont like to deal with all types of people
cut-throat co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Johnston, RIOctober 29, 2017
at first i loved working at cumby's, but as time went on it became apparent that not was all as it seemed.
co-workers were back-stabbing gossipers. everyone knew everyone else's business.
the customers were great, the job itself was great, but dealing with poor management and not getting along with some co-workers made it very stressful.
you can work as much or as little as you want (or can get away with) on your shift and you still get paid the same. working harder than the others went unnoticed and uncompensated. the review/raise system they use is bullsh*t. if you don't get "exceeds expectations" on all the categories you get less than the max $.50 per hour raise. regardless of how hard you work. (of course, that didn't stop me from actually EARNING my pay. i'm a very hard worker)
any concerns brought to the manager went in one ear and out the other. go a step above with the same concerns and get the same results. very frustrating.
it's too bad that i had a bad experience working there because i liked the job itself and working with the public (customer service is in my blood), but the stress was just too much.
Good Job like fast pace
Cashier, overnights (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHOctober 26, 2017
Its face pace environment even though i may had the slowest time overnights, its non stop that for sure, the only downside to this is

you really can't advance your carrier and can't do fast pace here you better of getting a job somewhere else
Pros
fast pace, hours go by quick, good life work balance
Cons
no lunchs you get paid while you work dont' get out on time
very unorganized
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cocoa, FLOctober 23, 2017
there is no system or routine to be followed and no one helps one another. Third shift picks up the slack left from the previous shifts. We do the best we can but its never good enough.
okay company they take care of thier employees for the most part
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYOctober 20, 2017
it's a decent company to work for. most of the customers are regular everyday customer you get to know. eventually it is almost like family .upper management is iffy .it is almost like you are a robot.
Pros
discount, medical coverage, 401k
Cons
secret shoppers!!!
Cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 19, 2017
The company itself you never know about until you start existing on a manager level. Prior to that you don't know more than your store, the customers and your own manager. Your own area will dictate how well this job is.
Always busy. Whether helping customers, stocking the shelves or cleaning
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, MAOctober 18, 2017
Was a good place to work. For the most part the customers were great, the management was good. They advanced you if you were qualified. The pay was in line with the job.
Pros
Free coffee.
Cons
On your feet most of the time, irate customers
pruductive and fast paced
Assistant Manager/ Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Central Falls, RIOctober 17, 2017
very busy working at a gas station, never a down time. A very busy gas station located in Rhode island. Management gave me the opportunity to learn and advance in my career,
Pros
discounts
Cons
no health care
It was alright.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEOctober 17, 2017
Sitting on the register all day is easy, and I'm terrible at math. Working there taught me how to create small talk with random strangers, so that's good. The manager has since retired, she was pretty cool. Would let you borrow money off of her if you needed to get by. The employees were fun to work with, over-all a great atmosphere.
Pros
Working with the public.
Cons
Very busy location.
Okay place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTOctober 16, 2017
The staff is very friendly and welcomes you when you are a new hire. The management is balanced the general manager I really never worked with because I worked over night.
Gas Station
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saco, MEOctober 16, 2017
I worked the overnight shift. I am a young female and working at a gas station over nights was not fun. I honestly did not get paid enough to put myself in that kind of danger.
Cons
Very easy going, great management, very understanding. Fun work place.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Claremont, NHOctober 16, 2017
My responsibilities at Cumberland Farms were cashier, which went along with customer service. But the cashier does a little bit of almost everything keeping up with the store maintenance, bathrooms, stocking shelves. Handling the hot foods. Opening and closing your own drawer. Management was awesome. The best part of the job was the co workers, even the boss. I’d say there wasn’t really a hard party to working at Cumberland Farms.
Typical customer service/sales associates job
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Milford, NHOctober 14, 2017
Usually isn't a regular 9-5 job unless you have a manager that likes you, you're a good worker = you deserve to be rewarded. A lot of workers there obviously don't care for the job; you're working at a gas station. But the benefits were amazing. Cumberland Farms is a large company and therefore required by law to offer certain health insurance. Pay was horrible; especially as a new hire. Pay is not worth the drama you have to deal with But if you like interacting with people and don't really need the money, have a flexible schedule, can work weekends/nights, this job is good. The drama between coworkers is ridiculous and will be there no matter which store you work at. Overall experience was good; I had an EXCELLENT store manager. Higher ups were annoying; didn't understand how ridiculous their demands were. But as long as you have a good manager, the experience isn't half bad.
Pros
Even if you don't have PTO, you just have to request days off and you'll most 99% get it
Cons
Pay is horrible.
great team support
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, MAOctober 5, 2017
people hardly did there job they always left me to clean up there slack management didn't care and would basically give others a slap on the wrist i liked my job but i didnt like having to clean up after the shift before me
Cool
Cashier, customer service (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTOctober 5, 2017
It's a high stress environment. Company is a reliable check as long as you do what they want.
No breaks other the 5 mins.
Your in charge of cashier coffee and food.
Clean up.
And carry other employees depending on coworker.
Fun place to work with fair career advancement
Sales associate/Shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, MAOctober 4, 2017
A typical day at Cumberland Farms consisted of cleaning and maintaining the store, receiving and putting away the store order and closing the store at the end of the day. I also was responsible for doing the store deposit and paperwork on weekend mornings. It was a great place to work with friendly staff and customers and I enjoyed every aspect of working there.
Pros
Benefits, employee discounts, co-workers and staff
Cons
late nights
cashiering
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 3, 2017
best job I ever worked learned to deal with the customers they were very caring and friendly..had a lot of fun. there was no hard part of the job.. boss was good.
Pros
driving
Cons
no health care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cumberland Farms. Our community is ready to answer.