Cumberland Farms Employee Reviews

I really enjoyed working there
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  LudlowvtApril 23, 2018
It was a very nice place work co workers and customers were very nice to work. Everyone was pleasant . I’ve worked all three shift but liked first and second the best.
great place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MAApril 23, 2018
was a good job and i loved my customers however the store i was in was to busy and hectic for me and so i left to pursue a better opportunity that suited me
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  South Berwick, MEApril 20, 2018
Learned data entry, accounts receivable and debits.
Competitive with other stores
First ever manager position
Learning the paperwork was the hardest part of the job.
Productive and Fast Paced work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTApril 18, 2018
Cumberland Farms is a very busy store where you always need to remain on your toes and be willing to help customers. Everyone is treated very equally.
great place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, NYApril 16, 2018
great place to work as long as you are not a manager. pay is great there is alot of room for advancement but once you are a manager you have no help or support from district level management because they are over loaded
Fast paced but well compensated
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  West Warwick, RIApril 14, 2018
The company compensates their employees well for what they do. It is a very fast paced and stressful job so the extra compensation is appreciated. The company does have a few things it needs to work on.
Keeps you very busy throughout your shift. Very well organized.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cohoes, NYApril 12, 2018
Working at Cumberland Farms you have to have great customer service skills, plus cleaning, staying organized, of course great team work, and communication with coworkers.
Pros
It’s very busy so your always on your feet trying to stay on top of your lists.
Cons
Overtime, greetings
Poorly Run
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAApril 11, 2018
No one trained me. I had to figure out the job myself. I was very slow because no one had taught me how to do the job and my coworkers got mad at me for not knowing how to do the job.
not fun to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CT 06610April 10, 2018
I leaned from this place but there were limits for advancement and the management team didn't at the time provide advancement within the company, but that was when I was working there.
over all good
IT Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAApril 9, 2018
most of the time a good place to work.i loved working there. i am disappointed i was made to leave. it is a good company and they try to treat people honestly
Pros
10-15% discount
Fun workplace
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLApril 9, 2018
Enjoyed the customers and enjoyed my job overall. Good manager, decent hours and pay however no room for further advancement. Great employees, new things to learn everyday, monthly promotions to offer to customers. I always kept busy, and kept the store clean and maintained.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
No breaks
Colaboration
AREA DISTICT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLApril 8, 2018
Good company very fair in request they made never any unreasonal request of myself and staff. They provided a company car for travel to all my locations
Pros
Car
Cons
Senior management
Very fast paced,loved customers ,told i had 110 percent customer service skills,
customer service (Current Employee) –  Stoughton, MAApril 7, 2018
I loved my manager,very encouraging,but only one or two random shifts with many,i worked for each person who called out,very hardworking ,cashier,coffee.cleaning,lottery,counts. i just needed more hours and my dr's wife needed a temporary nanny for two months full time with more money,special needs at ten months old,taught sleep training,worked with his reflex milestones and still babysit once in a while when on a date.
Pros
friendly staff
the hardest part of the job
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  North Adams, MAApril 7, 2018
the hardest part of the job is when management treats staff unequally and doesn't perform professionally. respect is rarely given out in this environment and makes many staff leave.
Manic store with no sense of time
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAMarch 27, 2018
The Cumberland Farms that i worked at was always busy and only left one person on overnights and expected us to be in the cooler and freezer as well as watch the register all at once.
busy
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MEMarch 27, 2018
busy not much time to clean ,stock,traffic flows setup (food),gas price accommondations,ticket and drawing sales.very heavy traffic sales.alot of callouts.
Pros
conviently located
Cons
no benefits for partime
Terrible Place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 21, 2018
I hate working at Cumberland farms. Terrible manager, terrible coworkers, terrible customers. I never felt supported by my manager who would defer to any nonsense customers would pull. Coworkers are lazy and do the minimum because how else can you survive working a crummy job at a crummy store. Place was always a mess and my manager was the least proactive person I've ever met. Never got a snow day, even when there were power lines down in the parking lot and no power to the store. I hate the weird mismatch between corporate with their weird "trust cards" they sent to everyone in the company and the actual experience of working there which was a wild-west style free for all. I can't wait to quit and be free from this terrible terrible company.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Short breaks, low pay, terrible management, terrible customers
Loved it
Food Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEMarch 17, 2018
Loved this place. Management was great, employees were mostly great. I felt proud of our store and how clean it was and I loved the customers. Only left because I moved.
A lot of advancement opportunities
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  North Providence, RIMarch 15, 2018
Can be a fun place to work at as long as your fellow employees are friendly and hardworking. It can be both stressful and relaxed depending on the day/time of day and customers. Easy company to move up in. They start you out above minimum wage and you get an increase every year. Also, you receive bonuses each quarter depending on how well your store did on their mystery shop (average bonus for my position was $200 every 3 months) oh and Sundays is paid time and a half (holidays are double Time and a half!)
Pros
A lot of benefits and opportunities to advance
Cons
No breaks, rude customers, can get boring
Extremely hard work, long hours, demanding company.
Foreman for Health and Beauty Department (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAMarch 14, 2018
Extremely hard work, long hours, demanding company. High turnover rate, lack of people, always hiring, always laying off. Excellent benefits. Training is available for new hires.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cumberland Farms. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight