Cumberland Farms Employee Reviews in Framingham, MA

Great company lousy management at facilites level
Sr. Gas Technician (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJanuary 31, 2018
Poor communication too much favoritism and inconsistent rules and policies too many double standards.Management style is based on their own bonus achievments.Top notch stores and equipment
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
nepotism and cronyism
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJanuary 19, 2018
I enjoyed my tenure at Cumberland Farms. I worked there for 15 years. I retired from there. The 401K was excellent. The benefits were good. The have a close nit approach to the workplace.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Stressful
good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 28, 2017
i worked at cumbies and loved it it was a great experience but i didnt get to stay due to not having a vehicle if u have a good job make sure u can get there n back
productive, friendly inviroment
Driver / sales / safety (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJune 28, 2017
Able to give positive / negative input. Company was interested in employees constructive input pertaining to the growth and safety of company. Hardest part of job were the hours of operation and the heat in Florida.
Pros
Safety a priority
Cons
driving on Florida's east coast Interstate 95
Fun people make the days fly by.
Retail Petroleum Pricing Intern (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAMay 23, 2017
Cumberland Farms Inc. corporate was the best place that I have had the pleasure to work. A relaxed and friendly corporate culture make adjustment to their team very easy. Management is knowledgeable, helpful and not to mention friendly. I would love to have the opportunity to work her again.
Pros
Gyro fridays in pricing department
inconsistent expectations, poorly trained managers, disinterested senior management
Customer Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAApril 19, 2017

morale is low and the culture of the working environment is reminiscent of high school

employees take little or no pride in their work and are judged by their errors while success are ignored
It Never Ends
Field Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAApril 10, 2017
Lots of different functions and jobs to do, the work will never end, good company atmosphere to counter balance the never ending work.Benefits are good. Pay is competitive.
Point of Sale Analyst (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJuly 11, 2016
A typical day at work consists of interacting with store managers and resolving issues with costs and pricing of items. Also, processing new item paperwork and import costs and retails into the system.
Easy, fun, independent.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAApril 22, 2016
I enjoy working "alone"... I am in a department, and of course we work together but we also have our own independent responsibilities. Everyone is really nice and it's a nice experience - I've learned a lot over the past couple of years and much more to learn!
Cumberland Farms Expect an Awful Lot
Petroleum Tanker Driver (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAMarch 1, 2016
Typical day: Started at 2:30PM, do job, go home anywhere between 3AM - 3:30AM.

Learned: How to handle HAZMAT and to deliver petroleum products

Management: Always a phone call away

Co-workers: Always willing to help each other, but not anything beyond that - not a fun, recreational environment

Hardest part: Hauling 104,000 lbs of gasoline in a snowstorm

Most enjoyable part: Ending my shift without incident.
Safety Inspector/Specialist (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAFebruary 13, 2016
I enjoyed my time with Cumberland Farms and I have had some great learning experiences while I was with them. The people were great to work with.
Awesome place to work!
Fleet Analyst - Fleet Administration (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAMarch 1, 2015
Cumberland Farms was a wonderful place to work. They always took into consideration your personal life as well as your professional life. I was able to work on my own, set my own goals and expand my job. I learned more from this company than I ever thought possible and was very saddened to leave it.
great place to work
Lead Application Analyst - Permanent (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MADecember 12, 2014
very good co-workers. Good opportunity for advancement. Working environment is well suited for the employees.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
healthcare
lots of freedom
Many titles (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MADecember 10, 2014
lots of freedom with poor senior level executive decision making process.

Hard work and cultural belief in the company did not pay off.

Nice perks and bene's and the current CEO is completely motivated.
Pros
GREAT people on the whole
Cons
a few bad apples...
This was not a company to work for.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MASeptember 10, 2014
This company does not require drug screening of their employees, it also requires Managers to spend hours of time doing draconian and unnecessary paperwork, and has a labor hour formula that does not accurately assess the amount of time needed to perform mandatory tasks. I worked over 55 hours a week, including shifts that my employees called out. They also require the manager to be on call 24 hrs a day, seven days a week, even while on vacation! The end result for me was that three years of my life revolved around the needs of the two stores I was assigned, and the stress level and lack of rest forced me to make the decision to resign.
Fun Job with Outgoing Coworkers
Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 16, 2013
My favorite part about Cumberland Farms was that it is still a smaller company, you work closely with all coworkers from all departments. The management is very kind and outgoing, no one seems to bring bad days into work. The friendly and outgoing atmosphere is unparalleled. Overall a great company to work for!
Pros
Drinks for free (coffee/fountain soda), Store in HQ, Outgoing, Benefits
Productive & Fun Workplace
Construction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 31, 2011
Great place and great people to work with. Managers are kind and will work with you if you have questions or issues.