Cumberland Farms Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

Fast paced
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJuly 2, 2019
It's a cool place to work. Most coworkers are down to earth, the older people are annoying asf. Always pointing out what you do wrong but never have anything to say when you do something right. It's very fast paced, people are there for food, gas, cigarettes or whatever. It's so busy it helps the shift go by faster. The manager who hired me was cool asf then this new guy came and was just a wreck. No management or leading skills what so ever.
Pros
Rasies, ot, benefits
Cons
Management, older coworkers
Loving place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Westerly, RIJune 7, 2019
They are very professional. Are willing to work with you. They don't put down their employees or customers. Management is very professional and if an employee is having any type of issue and needs to take time off she is very understanding.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Not a good place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, MAMay 16, 2019
Don’t plan on making a career at this job. They hire whoever will work the hardest for the least amount of money as possible. Which isn’t saying much since everybody makes minimum wage. No benefits, no overtime, no vacation days.
Pros
Free soda
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  York, MEApril 9, 2019
Wonderful company to work for. The benefits they offer you are absolutely incredible. If i was still living in that area I would ask for my job back there in a heart beat. no place I've worked since has compared to Cumberland Farms.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTApril 3, 2019
I loved working for Cumberland farms. I liked meeting new people. My coworkers and I worked great around each other. The manager is great. The job is not stressful at all.
Poor everything
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wareham, MAMarch 25, 2019
This job my manager was really rude. She would never notice I work I have done
She was always blaming me for thing that I don't not do. Don't get me wrong I loved my customers but my manger was really really rude
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Relaxed and fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kennebunk, MEMarch 25, 2019
It was a pretty straightforward job. You would go in make fresh coffee for the customers work the register and clean up as you went during any lulls. we were asked to engage customers so they felt appreciated and relaxed really anything we could do to make their visit pleasant.
Poor
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Johnston, RIMarch 7, 2019
They did not have good customer service
People would take advantage of others
Some never came in
When sick they would force to make us work
Such a horrible place
Incredibly Poor Management at Store Level
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Baldwinville, MAFebruary 19, 2019
For five years I was a great employee, great reviews, 100% on mystery shops, etc. Then the manager retired and we were sent a new manager. She is a high school drama queen who filled the store with her little friends, clearing out capable workers so she could hire her buddies at a lower per hour rate. The reason she gave for my termination was PICKED UP A LOTTERY TICKET SUSPICIOUSLY. Really, that is literally what it says. No good deed goes unpunished. If you are a good worker, do it somewhere other than Cumberland Farms.
Productive but full of drama
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Laconia, NHFebruary 7, 2019
The Cumberland farms I worked at I was bullied by an older employee and my manager didn’t deal with it except for writing me up for sticking up for myself.
Cons
Short breaks
Poor place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rockport, MAJanuary 26, 2019
Manager is a joke, sits behind desk all day while everyone else runs around doing everything. Assistant manager smokes pot at work and is way to young to have a manager role. Other assistant manager works so hard and is under appreciated. Horrible pay for a place that expects so much.
Cons
Fun and friendly place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Citrus Springs, FLJanuary 17, 2019
A day at Cumberland Farms consisted of taking care of customers, handling credit card and cash transactions, making fresh coffee and tea for the customers, running a lottery machine, and upkeeping store maintenance. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing familiar friendly faces everyday. There wasn't really a hard part to the job. Management was always very friendly and nice as well as the other employees.
Poor management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Norway, MEDecember 21, 2018
The manager the got hired after I started did a very poor job and ruined the store. I was being harrassed by another employee that was doing heroin in the bathroom and they did not seem to care. To this day that store is still falling apart.
like working customer service
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gray, MENovember 26, 2018
I enjoy working with customer service .my jobs duties consisted of cashier duties sales of gas and lotto. making sure store was clean and store was stocked for morning supervisor,coffee pot were ready for morning shift .all cash drops where done at proper times .closed store and sometimes had to open for morning shift if needed.
Pros
free coofee
Cons
no certain brake times, depends on activity or store
friendly coworkers steady work
Customer Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, VTSeptember 28, 2018
I enjoyed working at Cumberland Farms in Woodstock Vermont the staff was friendly and there were minimal dull moments always something to be working on.
Pros
always had something to do never sitting idol
Cons
none that i can think of
Fun fast paced job. On your feet the whole time you are working.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RISeptember 19, 2018
Had a great opportunity working for this company. Had great co- workers, and an amazing manager. Received great customer service skills, learned the lottery machine, and made new friends/ regular customers that kept returning to my location because of my professionalism.
Pros
great compensation and managment skills
Cons
the store closed down so i lost my job because i couldnt relocate.
Relaxing and enjoyable
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orange, MASeptember 10, 2018
One of the best jobs I had, was relaxing and fun while working with other employees to get things done in a timely manor. Managers were like family they were respectful and was a pleasure to work with them. Benifits were really nice was just part-time and a lot was offered to me. They do offer career advancement, discounts and couple times during the year you can get free shirts off there website.
Pros
Great benifits, wage increases decently, enjoyable staff, advancement allowed
Cons
Not many hours to give out
The most dramatic 50 years olds ever.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Somersworth, NHAugust 28, 2018
Horrible, I felt like I was in high school again, no buddy moved to do anything, most entitled people ever, they were terrible to there customers, and worse of all they asked what days you were available and scheduled you on the days you told them you can't work.
Pros
Cons
terrible managment, toxic work environment, sexist.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brewster, MAAugust 14, 2018
Everyone is really helpful and friendly, after a while it feels like family. Also you get free drinks and monthly bonus. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is that customers are usually the same everyday so they end up knowing your name and become friends with you.
cumberland
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MAJune 27, 2018
i work the nightshift 10pm to 8am and on weekend i work morning shift. New people everyday different customers all type of attitudes. Some days were slow other were fast.
Pros
coupons, discount
Cons
short breaks, fast pace, rules

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cumberland Farms. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight