Cumberland Farms Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Bad
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJune 26, 2019
very bad management, they do not appreciate the hard workers and favor the lazy workers, need to be friends with management to get respect. I have seen all the good workers quit and the bad ones been there years.
Pretty decent place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Great Barrington, MAJune 24, 2019
As far as customer service jobs go, Cumberland Farms is a good place to work. Starting pay is often 1 dollar or more per hour above minimum wage. Night shift differential of an extra 1 dollar or more per hour. You are offered a solid set of benefits such as life insurance, health insurance and 401k. Work is sometimes tedious, especially with high traffic, but overall the work environment is laid back. Incentives such as "secret shoppers" provide a chance to earn bonuses. Teamwork is very much an integral part of the job. All in all, a great place to work.
Productive and fun place to work.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAJune 24, 2019
The manager and other employees are all amazing to work for and with. I would recommend working there to anyone looking for a job. Relationships get formed with not only your coworkers but the guests as well.
Pros
Discounts, experience, relationships formed
Cons
Unruly guests
Stressful and Unfair Working Environment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Hopkinton, MAMay 13, 2019
Myself and two other key employee would take care of most of/all of the work provided in a day. Multiple employees would slack while others would do work, management seems to favor some employees over others.
Ok but not worth it
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Norridgewock, MEMay 10, 2019
Poor management all around. They promise the moon but can never deliver. Overstaffed and not enough hours to go around. They want you to stay a worker bee and find it a hassle to move a legit person up the ranks. Pay rate is fine but not even close to what they make it sound like.
Pros
Free drink when working
Cons
Managment
Would never recommend
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New yorkMay 1, 2019
Managment is horrible, in a 24 HR store and people would only get 15 hours a week. They dont care if you tell them when your hired what your availability is. All the company cares about is $
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Everything else
Fun, friendly, community based environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYApril 22, 2019
The staff is welcoming and friendly. Management is very approachable and understanding. Great for something part-time or long term if you are looking for advanced in retail/customer service.
Pros
discounts, friends
Cons
Business can get very busy and overwhelming quickly
You feel alone and outcasted
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Fitchburg, MAApril 19, 2019
I have been here for 4 years. It doesnt matter if you're new or been here 8 years. Im always looked at as I don't know anything. I could work hard and still get yelled at for everything.
Pros
Alright pay, hired me when no one else would
Cons
Only one who gets timed breaks. People hate me.
If have dreams done come here this place is a dream killer
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, MAApril 18, 2019
No breaks, you go above and beyond what expected of the job and not get paid more for it. No morals, everyone talks bad about each other, too much gossip toxic fake people fake manager fake, customers are rude, I got threatened by a customer that he would take my eyes out, the store didn’t do anything, the cops helped. Another customer wanted me fired because I’m not white and she bullies me and the store didn’t do anything to help. I got fired because I speak the truth and is we all the lies and for sucking up to management not sucking up to Coporate and not doing what Coporate ask but when I need a raise a bonus they said they will give me it two days latter it’s all lies management said they would have automated self check out in June and my manager said when did I say that, two days ago, you lie. If you want to have no dreams be emotionally and physically drained have no aspirations to move up and better yourself and work for free then this is the right place. They rather fire me because I tell the truth and say bad things about the company because there is no breaks there is no raises it’s get harder and harder to get bonuses and it’s been four months since I’ve received a raise no one helps you at the store you are the cashier the food service leader the janitor the trash picker the mopping the brewing of the cofee and everyone else is sitting in the back room playing in their phones computer talking bad behind everyone back and this one person sells drugs at Cumberlands tells customers I am not cooking for you that’s not my job threatens other cashiers that they end up  more... quitting and she is still working but I get fired because I have an attitude problem this place lacks morales everywhere else pays 14-up and they don’t have to much work as we do. Everywhere else people are happy once they leave Cumberland’s
Pros
Nope
Cons
Everything no morales no integrity support selling drugs to customers crackheads
busy fast paced workplace
Customer service associate (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAApril 11, 2019
over all great place to work, multiple benefits and career advancement opportunities. over minimum wage starts. annual raises. semi annual employee coupon books.
Pros
discount, benifits, flexible schedule
Great people to work with
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTApril 10, 2019
I was terminated after 2 months; I was told they wanted to put me on a new shift, but none were available. At that time, no fewer than 3 new employees started.
The manager runs a tight ship; her employees respect her immensely.
There is a Manager in Training in this location who has been a Manager in Training since at least 2017.
It wasn't a bad experience; I made a lot of new friends.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
My shift sucked
Great place to work and lots of fun times.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MaineMarch 6, 2019
One of the best places I have ever worked. they provide clothing to wear and new shirts in the spring and in the fall along with jackets each year. Hardest part is keeping coffee fresh and cooking the food and watching the temps. Cleaning is something that is number one for everyone.
Pros
great gas discount, paid holidays and free clothing
Cons
doing the trash out by the gas pumps.
hmm
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Tilton, NHMarch 4, 2019
the team members at cumberlands are nice but the ASM makes it hard to move up in company. go to work with uniform on, count safe and registers. Check coffee bar
Pros
free coffee
Cons
not set schedule
Great Company full of opportunity
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Lyndonville, VTFebruary 28, 2019
Cumberland Farms is the Best Company I have ever worked for, they offer so many benefits and are always involved with making employees their priority.
Its meh.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Hudson, MAFebruary 18, 2019
It's good as a supplement or a while you're in school job. but not much else. The secret-shop bonuses are wicked nice to get. However, they are net very stingy with giving people full time or even letting employees work at more than one store.
Pros
Wicked flexible schedualing
Cons
little mercy when it comes to mistakes
Could be a great place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, MAJanuary 30, 2019
Management means everything. I worked there for over 4 years, and had 7 different managers. First one was great, made the job a great place to work. Every new manager got worse and worse. Regional manager is not personable and is awful to work for.
Pros
Customers can be great
Cons
working store level, you don't mean anything to the company.
Great for a first time job with advancement options
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Whitinsville, MAJanuary 18, 2019
I enjoy working here. However the management is very inconsistent and if you want to advance, it takes what seems like forever to actually get it done. Other stores may be different but with my current manager, it takes months to get the ball rolling on anything of importance. The company itself is wonderful. They offer everything when it comes to healthcare and 401ks. I love the company just wish there was better management.
poor bosses from the top to bottom
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 8, 2019
you cannot run a company where your employees are constantly running around for answers from your manager and getting no guidance. no direct instruction past training very inconsistent on how job should be performed. DO NOT RECOMMEND
Pros
15% store products
Cons
bad instruction
Relaxed but fast paced.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Dover Plains, NYJanuary 2, 2019
Fast paced and hectic at times, but overall relaxed environment. Scheduling is all over the place and can be hard to make appointments. No set schedule!
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MADecember 30, 2018
I have worked here since 2011 and have loved every day. Obviously some have not been good, but that's life, LOL. Company is great and they give us a lot, between benefits and discounts, pay rate and vacation time. It really is a great job to have. Plus plenty of opportunity for advancement
Pros
free drinks while you work
Cons
No Overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cumberland Farms. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Cumberland Farms.

Powered by Comparably