Cumberland Farms Employee Reviews

Cumberland Farms
Guest Service Associate (Clerk) (Current Employee) –  Athol, MAMay 20, 2019
Great place to work if you need a temporary job to hold you over until you find a better place to work. They hire for part time only. More hours opened up, and when I asked to work more hours, the management hired 4 new people.
Hated
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 20, 2019
Alot of drama and micromanagement. Upper management makes work extremely stressful. Customers can be rude. A lot of unprofessionalism. Working here was absolutely miserable.
Pros
Unlimited free coffee
Cons
Stressful
Not very professional
Guest Service Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Norridgewock, MEMay 17, 2019
This company does not help you on life if anything its more stressful. Managers don't deal with problems just shrugs them off. Hours are low pay is low.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Only breaks if you are a smoker. Not many hours. Poor management.
Not a good place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, MAMay 16, 2019
Don’t plan on making a career at this job. They hire whoever will work the hardest for the least amount of money as possible. Which isn’t saying much since everybody makes minimum wage. No benefits, no overtime, no vacation days.
Pros
Free soda
Cons
Its all good until you get robbed
Retail Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHMay 14, 2019
It is a typical job at a gas station. I was robbed at gun point during an overnight shift. The robber got a very minimal amount of cash. After asking to change shifts or not work alone I was basically told that I had to work what they wanted me to work. There was no compassion at all from management.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Treatment
Stressful and Unfair Working Environment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Hopkinton, MAMay 13, 2019
Myself and two other key employee would take care of most of/all of the work provided in a day. Multiple employees would slack while others would do work, management seems to favor some employees over others.
Customer Service Leader (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MAMay 13, 2019
Cumberland farms is a great work experience whether just temporary or for the long haul. Offers benefits to part time and full time employees and they love to promote within.
Pros
Fast paced makes for shifts to go by fast
Cons
Sometimes can be to busy to get a break
This place will break down all self confidence you have
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTMay 13, 2019
This review is going to be long because to be honest, I was emotionally invested in this job.
Going into this job and leaving it, I loved it. I loved the people I worked with, the people who came in, even the difficult people or the strange people. What tore me down was management, the main manager of the store. I got along really well with the night manager and the weekend manager, but the manager I had issue made sure to instill insecurities I thought I had moved on from when I ran away from an abusive home.
That woman took every chance when she could to interact with me to tell me how I was failing, despite the fact that I had only been trained three days, and two of those 'training' days was spent on the computer, learning from those mind numbing videos and tests. I had to learn everything on the fly and from the help of others. I however tried my hardest, never took my frustrations out on my co-workers or the customers, and I always volunteered to learn something new every day.
I worked myself so hard that I actually lost a toe-nail from taking on as many hours as I possibly could so I could just learn.
The first time she decided to dig into me was to proclaim that I had a 'foul odor', and that other co-workers had brought this to her. This made me immediately confused and hurt. I shower every day, I use deodorant, I wash my clothes, I didn't understand how I could have a foul odor. I asked others that I worked with and they reported no such scent. I just decided to wear perfume to cover all of my bases.
For the three months I worked there, I burned myself out trying
  more... to prove myself. I took shorter breaks than what was allotted, I took shifts so others could have some time for illness and life events even when we were short staffed. Everyone had been burnt out from the hours they were working before I started working there, and I wanted to lighten the load as much as possible. Was I the right person for the job? No, I wasn't a perfect worker, but I never made an egregious error, I never ignored a customer, and I always kept my patience.
I started to get less scheduled hours, and I just pushed myself harder to take more shifts. However, on the one day I didn't have a shift, I noticed that I had been paid early. I was very confused and worried, thinking that there may have been a payroll error.
Little did I know that I was coming in to my shift only to be fired. I was dropped off, ready to work, with no way to contact my friend to turn around and pick me back up, and the parting words left a strong impression on me in a very negative way.
She had told me that I was dead weight to everyone, and no one enjoyed working with me. She said that I did nothing but sit around and waste time.
I left that job in inconsolable tears and walk the two miles uphill home. I cried at home for several days, and it took a week for me to ever show my face there again.
I came to find out that no one at the job hated me. They each said that they liked working with me, and that they missed working with me, and they too were confused as to why I was fired.
Sadness morphed into bitterness, and that's why I'm writing this review now. I'm upset about being fired, feeling as if I was fired unfairly.
It took only three months for this job, and that woman, to take my self confidence and love for life away. Do not work this job if you value getting to smile genuinely, if you value peace with life, and most of all, don't work for this place if you value yourself.
This job brought out a very dark side of myself that made me believe that opting out from the simple job of breathing and existing would be beneficial to the world and myself.
Don't work here. Please, just don't.
Pros
Some of the food is good
Cons
Don't expect to be treated like a person or like you matter
Ok but not worth it
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Norridgewock, MEMay 10, 2019
Poor management all around. They promise the moon but can never deliver. Overstaffed and not enough hours to go around. They want you to stay a worker bee and find it a hassle to move a legit person up the ranks. Pay rate is fine but not even close to what they make it sound like.
Pros
Free drink when working
Cons
Managment
14 years wasyed
Various Locations- Training Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 9, 2019
Spent 14 years with the company and the way I was treated the last few years was horrible. The ceo is great and has a great vision but area managers treat store managers like dogs that need to be beat down all the time. I could go on but wasting anymore time on this company would just be wrong.
Pros
CEO has a great visioon
Cons
Shayne Kirby
Fast-paced
District Manager/Store Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLMay 8, 2019
Cumberland Farms is a fun fast paced environment. There is always a task to keep you busy when you are not waiting on guests. As a store manager you have to be available 24 hours a day to handle incidents at the store.
Pros
Fast paced, fun and career advancement plan
Cons
70 hour work weeks
Would never recommend
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New yorkMay 1, 2019
Managment is horrible, in a 24 HR store and people would only get 15 hours a week. They dont care if you tell them when your hired what your availability is. All the company cares about is $
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Everything else
Terrible company
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAApril 28, 2019
No training what so ever. Co-worker made threat to my well being. Management did nothing about threat besides email around from person to person. They need to rethink how they bring on new hires and treat their workers. Management uses fear to control workers.
Fun work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Ewen, NYApril 24, 2019
Cumberlands was a amazing company to work for they offered us monthly bonuses. And always made sure our work environment was a safe place ..it was like my.2nd home to me
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Fun, friendly, community based environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYApril 22, 2019
The staff is welcoming and friendly. Management is very approachable and understanding. Great for something part-time or long term if you are looking for advanced in retail/customer service.
Pros
discounts, friends
Cons
Business can get very busy and overwhelming quickly
Fun workplace good coworkers, poor management.
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sebastian, FLApril 20, 2019
My time at Cumberland Farms was very enjoyable insofar as the actual work and my coworkers were excellent but poor management and decisions made it increasingly difficult to continue employment there
Pros
Unlimited brief breaks.
You feel alone and outcasted
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Fitchburg, MAApril 19, 2019
I have been here for 4 years. It doesnt matter if you're new or been here 8 years. Im always looked at as I don't know anything. I could work hard and still get yelled at for everything.
Pros
Alright pay, hired me when no one else would
Cons
Only one who gets timed breaks. People hate me.
Typical retail, lowpaying job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Wrentham, MAApril 18, 2019
The job itself was easy. Cash register, stocking, making coffee.

A certain co-worker was manager's favorite and could do no wrong. Laziest person I ever had misfortune to work with. This certain person always had an attitude with customers as well.

Manager was another story. A call to the corporate office will be in order fairly soon !
Pros
Close to where I lived. Loved my customers!!
Cons
LAZY and attitudinally challenged co-worker and manager
Productive workplace
FSL/CSL (Current Employee) –  Vero Palm Estates, FLApril 18, 2019
Good work place. Stressful environment sometimes. Regulars tend to make the day better. How the store operates and runs is really based on each store manager.
If have dreams done come here this place is a dream killer
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, MAApril 18, 2019
No breaks, you go above and beyond what expected of the job and not get paid more for it. No morals, everyone talks bad about each other, too much gossip toxic fake people fake manager fake, customers are rude, I got threatened by a customer that he would take my eyes out, the store didn’t do anything, the cops helped. Another customer wanted me fired because I’m not white and she bullies me and the store didn’t do anything to help. I got fired because I speak the truth and is we all the lies and for sucking up to management not sucking up to Coporate and not doing what Coporate ask but when I need a raise a bonus they said they will give me it two days latter it’s all lies management said they would have automated self check out in June and my manager said when did I say that, two days ago, you lie. If you want to have no dreams be emotionally and physically drained have no aspirations to move up and better yourself and work for free then this is the right place. They rather fire me because I tell the truth and say bad things about the company because there is no breaks there is no raises it’s get harder and harder to get bonuses and it’s been four months since I’ve received a raise no one helps you at the store you are the cashier the food service leader the janitor the trash picker the mopping the brewing of the cofee and everyone else is sitting in the back room playing in their phones computer talking bad behind everyone back and this one person sells drugs at Cumberlands tells customers I am not cooking for you that’s not my job threatens other cashiers that they end up  more... quitting and she is still working but I get fired because I have an attitude problem this place lacks morales everywhere else pays 14-up and they don’t have to much work as we do. Everywhere else people are happy once they leave Cumberland’s
Pros
Nope
Cons
Everything no morales no integrity support selling drugs to customers crackheads

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cumberland Farms. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Cumberland Farms.

Powered by Comparably