Cumberland Farms Employee Reviews

Great people to work with
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTApril 10, 2019
I was terminated after 2 months; I was told they wanted to put me on a new shift, but none were available. At that time, no fewer than 3 new employees started.
The manager runs a tight ship; her employees respect her immensely.
There is a Manager in Training in this location who has been a Manager in Training since at least 2017.
It wasn't a bad experience; I made a lot of new friends.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
My shift sucked
Fast pace, unappreciated by manager and district manager
Customer Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Amesbury, MAApril 10, 2019
When I first started working at this store it was not too bad. It became a very negative place to work. I hated going to work and was exhausted by the end of my shifts. Management did not seem to care about unhappy work atmosphere as long as duties were getting done. Only negative comments, never a well done to the staff. Bonus goals became harder to reach on a regular schedule. Overall you can do better.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Too much work, getting time off, negative atmosphere
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  York, MEApril 9, 2019
Wonderful company to work for. The benefits they offer you are absolutely incredible. If i was still living in that area I would ask for my job back there in a heart beat. no place I've worked since has compared to Cumberland Farms.
Personal Responsibilty & Technical Issues
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Middletown, RIApril 8, 2019
I had many technical issues with my benefits and with miscommunication about a advancement opportunity. I failed to communicate my issues to my District manager and left my position. I regret this, because I enjoyed the job very much.
Pros
discount, perks
Cons
technical issues and the ATM scams
well organized, good benefits
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Bellingham, MAApril 8, 2019
amazing boss, great coworkers.
always room to grow.
make sure all rules are followed and everything is up to standards
care about their employees
flexible scheduling and hours
Love it we a family
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAApril 3, 2019
I love and enjoy my job...stressful at times but so are most jobs...i wish it was at least 40 hours a week i could get but at least u have a job...my boss is is very fair treats us all the same
Pros
No free lunch
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTApril 3, 2019
I loved working for Cumberland farms. I liked meeting new people. My coworkers and I worked great around each other. The manager is great. The job is not stressful at all.
productive and friendly enviroment
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Ann, NYApril 2, 2019
Fast past, love the job, however it is far from home and I am only receiving 4.5-11.5 hours weekly. It is however an amazing environment, great co-workers and management.
I worked the night shift so my opinion doesn't count.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Leicester, MAMarch 28, 2019
I cannot speak for the day shift but during the night it was very nice very simple and very easy. My tasks were all the same and I was able to get work done nice and peacefully.
Good Place to Work
Customer Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, RIMarch 26, 2019
With the company growing more in the food service and coffee area, it can be fast paced and stressful at times. The company offers great benefits that other convenience stores do not offer. There are monthly bonuses for each employee based on mystery shop results.
Benefits
Cons
a little stressful at times
this place is great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hopkinton, MAMarch 26, 2019
Cumberland farms was my favorite job. its fast paced but the company is great. So many benefits and room for improvement. You are treated so well and my manager was awesome. Very family oriented and understanding of life issues
Pros
competitive rates
Cons
overwhelming at times
Poor everything
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wareham, MAMarch 25, 2019
This job my manager was really rude. She would never notice I work I have done
She was always blaming me for thing that I don't not do. Don't get me wrong I loved my customers but my manger was really really rude
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Relaxed and fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kennebunk, MEMarch 25, 2019
It was a pretty straightforward job. You would go in make fresh coffee for the customers work the register and clean up as you went during any lulls. we were asked to engage customers so they felt appreciated and relaxed really anything we could do to make their visit pleasant.
Poor management. Unrealistic expectations
Customer Service Leader (Former Employee) –  1439 New Litchfield Street Torrington Ct 06790March 20, 2019
Honestly when i first started i loved it. Great manager great team. Got promoted to full time within 90 days then got promoted again to be a customer service leader. The next manager i had was very vindictive. Made me hate my life when i went to work. Made me hate going to work. Went on maternity leave. Came back and i said i could only work certain hours during the week. Anytime on both weekend days. Got told that was fine. Then the new dm decided it wasnt good enough and i needed to have open availability. Yet the other customer service leaders schedule never changed. She always got to work 6 to 2 yet i had to start closing in order to keep my title and extra pay. I had a new born at home working second shift. Barely saw my husband. Too much drama with the newer employees. People trying to fire you as well for dumb things that just arent true.
Pros
Monthly bonus if store does good with mystery shop, it was right down the street for me
Cons
Poor management, Too much gossip, Favorites, Got pushed into closing just to keep my title and pay.
was fun
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 20, 2019
had a great time working there, it was a pretty easy job to get the hang of, i loved learning the ropes and figuring things out
manager trained me perfectly
Poor management, low pay, unappreciated staff, mistreatment of autistic workers and guests
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Colonie, NYMarch 19, 2019
I applied to a new location that was going to be built and spent a wonderful two weeks at the training location. Once moved to the new location, everything went to garbage. Management has little to no sense of morality and play far too little to possibly keep up with the cost of living in the area. No call no shows are common and the employees who do show up and work hard are punished and expected to pick up the slack. I have been struggling with management over multiple issues regarding me being a person with autism which I disclosed during my interview as well as the challenges it comes with, I was then screamed at by management for little things like my "tone of voice" (something I do not have) and then threatened to be terminated over being unable to make eye contact. When I tried to explain that I have autism and am unable to make eye contact, I was compared to other autistic team members by name, disclosing their disabilities to me, and told they were better than me.

Whenever I come in to work the store is in an absolute state of disaster and the mid day manager happily leaves it that way in order to clock out as soon as possible, and despite my efforts to keep up with the mess that I am both left with and piled up on by customers, it still isn't good enough. I spend most of my 8 hour shifts deep cleaning the store which is usually covered head to toe in grease and dirt, yet I have never once been able to fully finish as the register usually needs at least two people manning it at all times and rarely is there more than two of us working at one time during my shifts.
  more...

Upper management was eventually brought in, and I was lied to about the process of getting a "doctors note" to accommodate my disability (Yes, not making eye contact an unreasonable accommodation), and I was told HR would contact me during the week as I only have 15 days to get the doctors note. HR still has not contacted me, and I was not given their information. Highly do not recommend if you have any mental illness as the company has racked up a recent history of mistreating autistic customers for such sins as standing in a threatening manner.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
The rest
don't do it
N/A (Former Employee) –  United StatesMarch 18, 2019
depending on where you work and who your dm is beware they are all liars and back stabbers no matter how long you have worked and slaved for the company they have no compassion for the hard working employees....computer errors often occur and employees get penalized for it, and don't even think they will allow you to collect unemployment even though they are a huge corporation they will not pay you unemployment they find ways of refusing to pay!!! Good starter job but don't make a career out f it they put way too much stress on store employees.
They do have good medical benefits for FT employees but that is all they have to offer!
If you like working in a very stressful environment and not being acknowledged for jobs well done only the negative acknowledgment is given from management etc..than this is the job for you!!
It was a very fun work place.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Somersworth, NHMarch 17, 2019
I absolutely loved it there. I loved everyone on my crew, they made it such an awesome place to work. Also my store manager was the best ever. She was always working with the whole team to help us improve.
Great Team at Store 5447
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Somersworth, NHMarch 14, 2019
This was one of the better jobs I have had with the team I worked with. We all worked well together and the Manager is the best one you'll find ever. She listens, and actually genuinely cares about you the employee. I would go back if I could get the mother hours that I need in a job.
good first job
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Whitman, MAMarch 13, 2019
this is a good place for some one to first start out working its not a very mentally difficult job and will be easy to do the hours are flexable and its easy to get shift covered because they usually dont schedule full time hours
Pros
easy
Cons
goes nowhere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cumberland Farms. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight