Cumberland Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics
Happiness rating is 63 out of 100

Working at Cumberland Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics: 21 Reviews

United States21 reviews

workgreatloveyeartimepatientenjoymanagement

Cumberland pediatric dentistry and orthodontist is a great place, to grab experience. Everyone there is really friendly and very helpful. I really like the way everyone gets along.

Fast paced and very busy. Perfect office if you want to constantly be busy.

I worked at Cumberland for less than a year. During my time there I noticed that management picked favorites. There was lots of gossiping happened amongst the departments especially in the ortho department. The Smyrna office has a massive inflow of patients with not enough hands to help process them all. The Smyrna office is very high stress and not for the weak. Good place to get experience especially if you like working with pediatric patients.

Pros

Hour long lunch

Cons

Benefits, management, work life.

Cumberland Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Advancement opportunities, great pay, patients make the days even better!

Been with CPDO for years, in my time here I have been promoted, learned many new skills. There are so many opportunities in this company.Management has always been supportive, helping me to learn new things and wants to make a fun work place. Love that we are pediatrics-nothing is better than helping them and seeing their smiles!

Pros

Provides scrubs, Pay, benefits, free orthodontic for family, Fridays end at 1pm!!!!

A Great place to work!!

I have been at CPDO for over 2.5 years now and I absolutely love this company. The opportunities that I have been given to grow not only as an employee but also as a person have been phenomenal. I have also gained a pretty awesome 2nd family with all of my co-workers. We are a fast paced office but I love getting to serve our wonderful patients everyday!

Staying with busy and love our patients.

I've enjoyed working for Cumberland the past few years. Very enjoyable and upbeat atmosphere. Management has really been great about listening to our concerns and working with our outside life likes needing days off or simply planning a vacation with our families. Great company to work for.

Great people

The owner doctors are amazing along side of them the COO and HR . If you love pediatrics it’s a good pkace to work . I enjoyed my time working for CPDO

Best decision!

I have been with Cumberland for a short time, but I am so happy I am here! Everyone is SO helpful with training and very patient while I am learning. Management is super supportive when it comes to training and reaching your full potential. You will not be disappointed. :)

Pros

Amazing leaders, flexible schedule, positive work environment

Exceptional work environment with AMAZING STAFF!!

I have been with Cumberland for almost one year and I have to say I believe I have found my forever home. My favorite part of the job is seeing the smiles on those precious babies! Cumberland feels like family and I truly enjoy coming to work everyday!

Exceptional company to be with

This is an amazing environment to work and thrive in. Great staff and welcoming to all new ream members. Awesome continuing educational popularity. Great company

Great Opportunities!

I have learned a lot working at CPDO. Our office is a really busy office, which always keeps our staff and doctors on our toes. I've enjoyed the way our office manager has kept the mood upbeat as often as possible, and the HR department and our owners have rewarded and validated our hard work, even when our staff feels slammed. I moved up to a new position within a year of starting and enjoy the position I am in currently. I feel that as I continue to grow that CPDO will find a place for me to move into to stay within the organization and stay a productive and happy employee.

Pros

free dental for dependents after a certain period of time

Cons

can be stressful

Everyone is very welcoming here in Smyrna.

Everything flows well overall. Smyrna office as a whole is a great office. The office manager is very caring. we have fun at he office, but we get things taken car of while here. Having multiple doctors, along with ortho and pedo both. At times it can get tricky!

Pros

Office manager is wonderful and caring

Cons

Needs better communication between Colleagues at times with different departments.

Productive and super fun work environment with great management

I just completed my one year with Cumberland and I absolutely love it. In my time here I’ve been able to advance positions and learn so much about pediatric dentistry and front desk management. I enjoy coming to work and love working with this fantastic team!

Fast paced fun with friends

Wow, this is a busy place. I love it! The day goes by so fast. Lots of kids and plenty of people to help care for them. It's easy to make friends here.I love helping the little patients.

Pros

Free braces for myself and my kids

Cons

The virus has interrupted my co-workers being able to come to work

Great Work Life Balance

CPDO truly cares about their employees. They also love their patients. Working with CPDO has been a great pleasure and I always feel valued at the end of the day. I would highly recommend working here!

Pros

Work/Life Balance; Great Compensation; Provides Uniforms; Fun atmoshphere

Cons

N/a

Great upper management, benefits, and overall great staff

I love working at CPDO, upper management has really stepped in post Covid, and has provided the guidance and support needed to get by. I am always praised for everything I do, and feel that I am valued as an employee.

Pros

support, team building, growth, benefits

Awful experience and Upper Management

This company honestly doesn’t deserve 1 star, but I was required to enter something. The only “good” thing about the job is that they offer a delta dental plan, but then they won’t let you off in order to use it! Upper management is way too nosy and micromanages practice admins, so you are micromanaged as well. They’ll do everything in their power to not give you an annual raise—even promise you a promotion and insist you “prove yourself” in that role before being adequately compensated for it. They don’t care if you’re a great employee, as long as they can replace you with someone willing to work at a cheaper hourly rate. You'll also run the risk of doing all the work while other employees who are best friends with higher ups shop online, walk around and record videos and silly dances for social media. You’ll be extremely overworked, underpaid, enslaved, and exhausted. Be prepared.

Pros

Cons

Pretty much everything.

Corporate office, corporate benefits

They encourage advancement and provide great training. They are super friendly as a team and make it easy to work together to achieve the common goal.

Flexibility

I am able to take care of personal business if needed. My children can have dental treatment for free. The office manager is willing to help at anytime

Enjoyed my job

I enjoyed my job and working with the kids was my favorite part of the job. Working with sedated children can be stressful. Pay was fair, but would have loved to have bonuses for all our hard work.

Pros

hours, fun working environment

Cons

healthcare cost too much for anyone to afford

Love seeing the kids and different ways to make them comfortable

Great place to see how everything works from ortho to working with kids. I learn how to take xrays without the rins, make the kids feel at ease and loved learning from the girls

Great place to learn

Loved working and learned a lot about dentistry. Everyone is very friendly and patient.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cumberland Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about Cumberland Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics in popular locations

• Cumberland Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics