Cummings Electrical Employee Reviews

Productivity was very big and the people were very helpful
Labor (Former Employee) –  Cleburne, TXMarch 6, 2018
Cummings Electrical was very big on being productive and understanding everything that went on the have some good people there. I worked for my dad at Cummings Electrical so it was a when ever he needed help at the job site.
Pros
Free Lunch
Electrical
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 12, 2018
Most enjoyable was learn Electrical also learning how to bending pipe diffenrent way to pull wire and the diffenrent sizes of it the hardest part was being in the trade and not knowing much
Opportunities are available.
ELECTRICAL APPRENTICE (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXFebruary 9, 2018
Opportunities are available. Lots of benefits, perks. They try to keep things family oriented while still maintaining professionalism. When times are slow they still try to make sure everyone gets atleast their forty hours a week.
Productive , relaxed work, tools
Safety Coordinator/Electrician (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 7, 2018
Cummings Electrical is a great company to start off as an Apprentice Electrician. They provide the the necessary heavy equipment to make the job easier plus a pay off program to purchase your own Hand tools and power tools. its a Fun and relaxing place to work and learn. Safety is a big issue for this company and they provide extent training for a safe work environment. Over all a Great company to start a career.
Pros
Sometimes free catering
Cons
Health benefits are good.
I had a nice time working at cummings
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 6, 2018
Good job. things got slow and thay had to layoff. I also worked in the service department . I learned a lot there. Management was good. the hard part of the job was driving.
Relaxed workplace with family culture
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 31, 2018
Friendly work environment. Your group meets in the morning, reviews the to do list for the day, and then everybody pairs off. Typical work involved running conduit/wiring, installing light fixtures, outlets etc.
Pros
You gain valuable experience
Cons
Sometimes requires walking up/down many flights of stairs
A Very knowledgeable place to work
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 27, 2018
Numerous on the job training hours. As well paid classes. If you are determined to work and love electricity this job is for you. Long hours and weekends. Travel is optional. It will secure your job better if you should decide to relocate. Company benefits included, with a not so good 401k. Prideful job.
Pros
Benefits, Knowledge, and Training, Teamwork
Cons
Hours, Reduced Workforce
cummings
Apprentice- Currently (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXJanuary 17, 2018
to many changes, poor management the where just hiring bodies to make up for lack of employees and hiring supertendants that didnt know what they was doing and runnning jobs poorly
poor management
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 11, 2018
managers were lazy and cry when you don't do something they never communicated with you. just real unorganized and lazy. for the workers a lot are good people until they get a sense of entitlmemt
Review
JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Irving, TxDecember 4, 2017
Cummings is a good company to work for and they have good benefits. Unfortunately, they had a reduction in force after I had only been there a couple of months. I would like to have stayed with them indefinitely.
Pros
Pay was good, employees good to work with
Good place to learn electrical trade
Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 7, 2017
It's was a good experience to learn being a electrician. They have a strong safety culture and sometime they care about their employees. Alot of opportunity to move up in the company and provide training at their shop. The employees are sometime helpful and some are testing you if your good enough for this trade The hardest part of the job was learning everything at once of what is going on around you. At the end of the day the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing your electrical install comes alive.
Pros
Good work, benefits and cooperation
Cons
High chance of getting laid off
This was a great place to work.
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 2, 2017
When I started with them, they had a family first mind set. Safety was first and the company believed in the process. The company grew to fast and most of the management was unhappy and left.
Pros
It was a 40 hour week job
Cons
I had to work there
Ok. Some areas need work.
Electrician Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 23, 2017
Management and politics in the company are bad. Salary is hard to advance. Safety program was company politics. A Saftey rep was hired with only OSHA 30 Yet I made it clear I was seeking a safety job and have my OSHA 30 and OSHA 500.
Poor Communication in Superior Leadership
Journeyman Electrician/Lead Man (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 20, 2017
YOUR JUST A NUMBER! They preach a family culture and safety atmosphere in upper management, but rarely acurateley monitor the field management. At the employee level it's fast paced, but balanced; and most everybody gets along. At the supervisor level, it's very cutthroat and competitive. I would not recommend anyone at the supervisory level to go to Cummings. It's recognized at the employee level that safety is there to protect the company, not their well-being. It's rarely enforced or much less even suggested, especially when the job is behind, but when something goes wrong, it's always on the employee. This along with several other job site issues creates a large amount of distrust between the employee and any upper management.
Pros
Fair Compensation, good benifits
Cons
Large company, no personalization, poor communication
Fast paced, but the work load is relatively easy to
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 25, 2017
Overall it was a good experience, however there were times when there was a breakdown in communication or the bosses would be just fly by the seat of our pants so nothing would be consistent from floor to floor.
Pros
Good work, benefits, great at building cooperation, job is
Cons
People lose their cool over the littlest things and create too much drama over nothing
A good place to work.
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Dallas TXSeptember 18, 2017
I left Cummings because. They stop doing out of town work an that's we're I made my living .I got married an moved to odessa tx. An was still with the company but they didn't provide me predem
Pros
It's a good company.
Cons
Bad thing about cummings is bidding jobs from office .
fun and outgoing people
Construction Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXSeptember 26, 2016
go to the jobsite that you are assigned to. be at the jobsite by 7am wait for the safety guy and all the foreman and they'll talk about a safety topic and discuss potential hazards and how to prevent them
Good atmosphere
Safety Director (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 11, 2016
Great team atmosphere with a family feel to it. Hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the different jobsite locations and logistics in keeping up with all the varying personalities. The best part of the job is the constant challenges and the ever changing variety of projects we get to see day in and day out ranging from manufacturing to high rise condo's.
Good place to work but watch your back
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 24, 2014
I enjoyed my time at Cummings Electrical. They are good folks who work hard and care about doing the right thing and building a good product.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
Indifferent Management
I worked as an electrician
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort WorthJuly 23, 2013
I was an E-1 electrician. Installing electrical conduit and pulling wire. Installing light fixtures, plugs and switches.