CUMMINS ALLISON Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Flexible, cooperative environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXDecember 28, 2017
Friendly, flexible environment, little to no advancement. I learned about the various machinery that they sell.

Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with nice people and the casual culture.
Pros
Flexible time off
Cons
Salary increases were set at 3% for everyone regardless of performance.
Relaxed working atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJNovember 10, 2017
Cummins is a relaxed working environment. It can be fast paced at times with the phones ringing, other than that, it is a very pleasant company in which to work.
Pros
stress free
Cons
short lunch breaks
Productive workplace
Cincinnati Branch Manager/Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILOctober 22, 2017
Good company with good people. Culture is better than most. Not many new products coming to fold. I believe my talents would be better used somewhere else.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great work place, and flexible
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 13, 2017
I loved working at Cummins Allison. Everyday I look forward to going to work. My coworkers were all wonderful and made me feel like family. It was very hard for me to give my two weeks notice and even harder to leave. I appreciate everything they did for me and giving me the opportunity to work at their location.
Enjoyed working here was a great environment & enjoyed being employed by this company.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CASeptember 6, 2017
Worked here for several years & the employees & management were great. Training is very professional & productive for what you need in the field, company car was provided & phone.
Pros
In the field alone moving around
Cons
Salary
Awesome Place to work!
Warehouse/Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILSeptember 1, 2017
This is an awesome place with great people. Culture is very family oriented. State of the art in the industry! Benefits are the best and most cost effective. One reason for leaving the prior employer was because of the health care offered. The cost was astronomical.
Privately held manufacturer
International Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILAugust 11, 2017
Great people, some very hard working and knowledgeable people that have been there for 20-40 years. A non-contemporary workplace, no remote work option, very old-school mentality. Communicates via cork board yet has a corporate intranet that should be better utilized.
Pros
Free coffee from 9-10 am
Cons
disjointed management expectations
Great Place to Work and Stable Work Environment
Customer Service Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 1, 2017
Great Company and good management. Have the ability to work independently. Nights and Weekends Off. Good 401 K plan to include company contributions and company match. Great training.
Busy days that go by quick
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2017
A typical day working for Cummings isn't so bad. Big work zones, more windshield time than anything. M-F 8-5 with some over time on weekends if need be. Plenty of calls and job security doing PM's on equipment. Company car, phone, tablet, and gas card provided. Out of pocket parking and car wash payments needed however, you are reimbursed once a month for it.

Big stores like Home Depot, Banks, Casinos, Clubs... are just some of the customers... Almost anyone who has a steady cash flow to their business, and would like the necessary tools to count and sort the income. The company has just tapped into the ATM side of things as well. Although for the time being there isn't much work or teams set up for the future work load and expectations of the banks.

Training is provided, in Illinois (Out side of Chicago, in a good area.) however they could spread it out a little in between the classes instead of sending people out for 5 or 6 months 2-3 weeks at a time. (No one wants to pack up and go though customs that many times so close together.) Great place to work for all and all.
Pros
Job security, 8-5, Phone, Car, Tablet, Training.
Cons
Windshield Time, Planned Training trips, Waiting a month for parking reimbursements.
Engineers - please avoid
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILOctober 18, 2016
I never worked for such a poorly managed engineering department in my life. The people who own this company are such a good people. Unfortunately the engineering department is managed very very poorly.There is no creativity, no dedication to quality. Department heads lie to the management and portray rosy picture.If you want to move up, you need to be in the good books of top people. Lot of politics. If you want to do sincere work for a good employer who pays your mortgage and helps you put food on the table for you and your children, this is not the company.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
Internal politics
Solid company
Sales (Current Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILNovember 10, 2015
Privately & family owned/operated company. Nice place to work at, friendly people, rather conservative company, great benefits.
Fair to Poor Management changes, territories change Products limited
Sr.Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 7, 2015
Worked there for 3 years, left in 2011. Still getting calls from customers who need Equipment & service etc. etc.

The company does not let their customers know of new staff, or location changes. Skewed toward just manufacturing the product and hopefully it sells. No real field input comes about. They do like to make people feel that they count but really don't listen.

I my cal the territory was changed in sixty days of starting with the company. Changes were made to accomodate another sales person. In the end all who had jobs were gone within 4 years of leaving the company. Service managment seems to stay in place but the have problems of maintaining staff at such low salaries.

When I was there they paid 5% commissions and had such a low salary most people who began eventually left. If you were fortunate to get a good territory you may remain. Some sales people were give who states, ie. Arizona, Oklahoma etc.

Not a great place to have longevity in sales, unless the territory was large enough to susstain itself.
Pros
Decent health/dental plan
Cons
Poor managment and support for long term growth.
First internship was amazing
Pro/Engineer Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILMarch 24, 2015
Typical day would include running through CAD DWG's in order to make sure all were compliant. Get your own space and everyone was really nice.
Great company to work for and great people to work with
Customer Service Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoJanuary 14, 2015
Cummins Allison is a very good company to work for. I was a Field Service Tech for the Southern Colorado area for a number of years and truly enjoyed my supervisors and co-workers. I enjoyed the constant interaction with various customers and the fact that every day brought on new challenges. Highly recommended for anyone with the skills to interact with customers and to troubleshoot a wide variety of issues as they arise in a timely manner. This position involved a lot of miles of travel and some pretty long days, but the reward of helping customers so they could perform their jobs in an efficient manner was well worth it.
Pros
Freedom to be on my own, schedule calls to ensure good response and completion of preventative maintenance on schedule
Cons
Not enough time in the day sometimes
Intern
Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILSeptember 27, 2014
I worked here as an intern.I was in software engineering.I was able to grow and expand my knowledge in IT.
Hard Work
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 22, 2014
At Cummins Allison, I was responsible for the preventive maintenance and repair of bill counters and coin sorters within the State of Texas. These bill counters and coin sorters are used though out the banking, casino and food industries. They provide a very accurate count of all incoming and outgoing monetary funds. Other duties included the documentation of service records and computer entry of all machine repairs. The machines are calibrated, cleaned and tested on site for performance issues that might arise in the future. Customer service skills were very important, some of our customers included companies such as Chase, Wells Fargo and Cit-Bank and they all demanded high quality service.