Cummins Facility Services Employee Reviews

Dont do it!
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHAugust 7, 2018
This company is absolute garbage. I have worked for three different janitorial companies and this is by far the worst. The management staff doesn't know what they're doing. They do very little training. I'm not sure if this company knows what the word safety means. Pay rates are horrible and not competitive with other jobs in the area. They promised job advancement and pay raises but that never happens. There are people in the company that have worked there for over 10 years and still making $9.50 an hour. DO NOT TAKE A JOB WITH THESE PEOPLE!
Pros
Cons
Everything you can think of.
Good people to work with horrible company to for for
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHJune 4, 2018
If you like to be worked to death , no pay raises at all , and to not be trained for your job correctly then this is apparently the job for you , oh and to jus be paid 10 an hr the whole time you’ll be working their then this job is for you !!
Pros
People you work with
Cons
Everything els
Busy and productive company.
Site Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 9, 2018
I have been with Cummins almost 5 years. I enjoy the fast pace. It has it's challenges, but it is satisfying when everything fall into place. Great upper management. Great working environment. Recommended to a few friends some still work here.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Drama once in a while
Answering email and doing orientation for new hires
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIApril 9, 2018
The management is very good. Have learned a lot about the cleaning process for different areas. My typical day consist of answer email, faxing paper and helping out where needed. I am support for the district manager.
Pros
Stress free for most part
Cons
No healthcare for part time workers
Fast Paced Enviorment
Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioMarch 27, 2018
The environment at Cummins is very fast paced and demanding. However: the growth opportunities are endless in the company. The leadership team has created a culture that allows employees to bring ideas, strategies and suggestions to every situation. This encourages all employees, no matter what level in the organization, to contribute to the success of the company.

The leadership team cultivates relationships with field employees, which allows them to make quick decisions when looking to promote within as the company continues to grow.

CFS operates with a culture of compassion, but stands strong on their continued promise and excellent business practices of quality and accountability, this alone makes me proud to work for such a great company!
Good job to have, easy money
Bin pusher (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 22, 2018
Good job to have, very laid back and easy work. I push bins that have cardboard and trash in them. It's a lot of walking but it's very easy and a good place tow rok. Very laid back and I like my supervisors.
Pros
Laid back, easy money
Cons
low pay
Laid back and easy work.
Janitorial Worker (Current Employee) –  Owasso, OKMarch 22, 2018
I come in in the morning and I wipe down windows, vaccuum carpet , take out the trash. Then I go to the Medcore and clean the bathrooms, sweep, mop and wipe everything down.then I take all the trash out of the offices and then clean the cafeteria. After the cafetria I vaccuum again and wipe down sinks and tables.
Pros
Laid back, easy work, day goes by quick
Cons
some drama and some lazy workers
Poor management very unorganized
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Srk blufftonMarch 21, 2018
Offered very low hours, everything they tell you at orientation goes out the window when you start. The shift leads dont follow the rules, the district manager was stuck up and got in my personal business. They fired my man and tried to get me back instead. To respect for family values or health. Dont work here unless you want alot of drama and you like cleaning up vomit and urine.
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHMarch 21, 2018
I have been with Cummins Facility Services for 4 months now. It’s a great place to work and I enjoy working with my coworkers who are all easy to work with. The company culture is one of the best I have seen in my career.
Pros
Management and co workers are great to work with, very supportive and a great team atmosphere
Cons
Benifits are not the best
Great place to work, Definitely recommend
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIMarch 20, 2018
Cummins is a great place to work, I really feel appreciated.
Corporate office values feedback. Room for growth and development within the company. Management listens and makes adjustment as needed.
Growing company with expected challanges
Manager (Current Employee) –  OHMarch 20, 2018
Joined company about 7 months ago and have no regrets. We are growing and have growing pains. We are in a very competitive business and staffing is and will continue to be a challenge in most of our locations.
Pros
Job Work / Life Balance
Cons
Medical benefits are typical for our industry
Fast paced wrok environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioMarch 20, 2018
It is an exciting time to be a team member at CFS. A lot of growth opportunities coming in the near future as the company continues to grow. My most enjoyable part of the job is being part of a team of people that care and are trying to do the right thing. We all know that the current labor market is very challenging so we try hard to limit the amount of turnover with programs like our Cummins Cares. Our type of work is not easy but can be very rewarding to know that what we do matters a lot to our clients and their success.
Pros
Growth, plenty of hours available, Cummins Cares program
Cons
Hard work, not glamarous, flexibility of hours
Wretched Management
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHFebruary 1, 2018
Terrible place to work. The co-workers were fine but management was terrible. Constantly low on supplies, insisting we clock out one minute after our shift because apparently we can’t even clock out a few seconds early while other shift workers clock out 45 minutes before their shift ends. Pay is terrible for the stress of the job and benefits are negligible because you can’t afford them. I don’t know a single employee who took their healthcare plan. Do not work for this company.
Pros
Good co-workers and they don’t push you too hard.
Cons
Management is horrible.
Ok to Wrk at if u can't sleep at night
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OH at UC collegeJanuary 27, 2018
They don't pay enough and mang don't wanna do nothing or act like he don't know what to do. Want u to help out but wen ask for help u don't get it. Did 3rd shift.
Pros
Breaks anytime cuz its 3rd shift jus don't clock out
Cons
No holiday pay, no time in a half pay
Would not recommend this company to anyone
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHJanuary 10, 2018
Typical day @ work was never typical. Never knew where I was going,or what time. I learned the harder I worked the more I got taken advantage of. Management was awful. She was fake and would do anything so she did not have to clean @ job sites, which meant changing employees hours to fit her needs. Hardest part of job was not given enough time to learn your way around a place and what needed to be done.
Cons
Manager, hours, pay
low pay poor management
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHDecember 21, 2017
very low pay 9.50 an hour, with no room for raises. a woman who had been working up to 16 hour days for 5 years was still making 9.50. poor management.
work at your own risk
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  OHDecember 12, 2017
Supervisor push their duties onto others, following OSHA standards seems to be something this company does not understand. Even when you repeatedly bring it to their attention, management continues to blow you off.
Pros
co-works are good people
Cons
lack of managment, lack of protocals within the company
Poor management under paid unorganized
Cleaner/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 11, 2017
I worked for them over a year I was told upon hire that I would be switched to a 1st shift position once production picked up when I asked about it the manager said o yes you'll get it you are the best worker we have as promising as that seems he later came back to say sorry we can't but look we have cleaned the carpet as if the carpet was more important than his employees. After my male co worker quit I was made to do the work of 2 or 3 people and being a woman the trash was too heavy for me they told me to dig it out I had to put my body leaned over half way in a garbage can to dig into the garbage. Also wanted boogers cleaned off the wall with a rag but was told they have equipment for that at the other facility they manage. They gave me the titles of positions lead person also trainer but was not compisated for it.But lead of who when no one there to train or lead because every else had quit except the guy who does the floors.I cleaned by myself that whole facility majority of the time I only received help every now and then also one of the people that was supposed to help me was not much help at all most of times was on her phone for hours at time go on break hour after she got there..While I was working hard.But couldn't say anything to manager because they was friends on a personal level.
Pros
I enjoyed the people who Cummins provided service for
Cons
Poor Management pay and they dont care about there employees
Poor management and bad staff
Day Porter (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIOctober 11, 2017
If you are a good work they work till your body brakes down. They protect the bad workers and there isn't any accountability. Management is very bad I've been cursed out by my manager multiple times and reported to his boss and nothing was ever done. They pay minimum wage so it no place for a person with a family. Overall its to stressful because pay suck and they want you to do your job and other people's job when they don't do it and no one gets in trouble. Very bad place to work.
Pros
You can do whatever you want and not get fired.
Cons
Pay is bad, no benefits, bad managers.
not a good job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 28, 2017
Not enough hours but a lot of work in the hours expected. Does not corporate so can work at other companies to make a living. Not enough workers......
Cons
to much work with to little pay and to much work in to little hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cummins Facility Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8