Cummins Employee Reviews

Found 1,824 reviews matching the search See all 2,912 reviews
Great company. Hard to get hired internally.
National Accounts Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INMarch 22, 2019
Great company. Hard to get hired internally. Cummins has a great culture and is highly diverse. Their recruiting focuses on hiring for diversity. Very forward thinking management.
Shipping associate (Former Employee) –  Ladson, SCMarch 21, 2019
Good place to work great people good environment nice break room everything cleaned good breaks and good training work isn't that hard would recommend it
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Busy area when trying to go into work
Wonderful relaxed workplace
Assistant Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INMarch 21, 2019
Awesome place to work. You will not go home feeling exhausted, and even working multiple 12 hour days it took almost a full week straight before I started to dislike the extra hours. But still really easy. I enjoy coming to work and even look forward to it.
Management needs to treat employees like people
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMarch 20, 2019
The only time management ever talks to you is when you did something they didn't like or when you fell short on your mark.

Managers need to take an interest in their employees and get to know the people they work with. It seems like you're just a number and you're always expected to do more.

Managers need to learn the reward system. Quit slave driving people to the breaking point.

It would be nice to get a pat on the back every once in a while.
Pros
Decent pay for the location. Decent hours if you like working 9 to 10 hour days.
Cons
Lack of quality management = Quick turn around rate
Busy place
Technician (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 20, 2019
I learned a lot in a few months, and did a lot of team work.

The workplace is always clean, and a lot of room to work.

If your looking for a fast paced, challenging environment this is a place to go.
Factory work
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYMarch 20, 2019
I enjoy it but chase a dream that's why I left. Want to drive semi and not spend my life in a factory. Long hrs and not much family time. When busy. But great people and coworkers
Pros
Good money
Cons
Long hrs
hard to say anything other than a great company
salaried employee (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INMarch 19, 2019
They do appear to value their employees...they just didn't value me! It is hard to believe that a company of this size and global magnitude has as many micromanagers as it does!
Competitve
School to Work (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INMarch 18, 2019
The every day work environment was different each day which made it a good place to work. I would recommend this job to anyone wanting to be challenged on a daily basis.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Short Lunch
Terrible management
Assembly Line (Former Employee) –  Mineral Point, WIMarch 18, 2019
HR takes forever to get anything done, always running out of materials. The supervisors all seem to be uneducated and don't train new employees effectively
Pros
Free food sometimes
Cons
Almost everything
Full of Itself
Subject Matter Leader (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INMarch 17, 2019
Cummins is very full of itself. It has little respect for the plants....where the money is made. There is a massive gap between the corporate world and plant world, even through they are literally a couple miles from each other in Columbus. The company is run through HR which makes it an ultra left wing type atmosphere. I do not like the term, but it is becoming a snowflake company. For an engineering type company, it is terrible at executing changes in its products.
Not a terrible place to work
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NYMarch 17, 2019
Decent place to work, a lot of over time and long days. Management could be better. You seem to be reminded you are very replaceable, you will be switched around a lot for shifts and areas that need help.
Pros
Paid lunch and vacation
Cons
A lot of shift moving around
FPM Safety Rep, Floater, Assembly (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NY 14750March 15, 2019
Don't get me wrong I loved what I did and the people I worked with. Looking back though, working at Cummins you have very little family/personal time. You don't go home until the job is complete that meant working 11-13 hour days. Sure the paychecks were amazing but I lost a lot of time and friends while working there. Your co-workers become the only friends you have. As for me, I unfortunately received backlash for going to HR to report harassment and it cost me my job.
has a tv with cable in the break room
Parts Technician (Current Employee) –  Henderson, COMarch 15, 2019
a typical day at work was good, I guess depending on your position. the work is easy. I learned how to use cummin's software, to check receiving, shipping, pulling orders for components, also I advanced some of my fabrication knowledge. the employees are nice when you get to know them. the hardest part of the job is when you have all of your work done and there is nothing to do.the most enjoyable part of the job for me is the employees.
Pros
descent pay, works not hard
Cons
long hours, to get anywhere you have to a friend of the bosses
great job
TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMarch 14, 2019
cummins is a great job you just never have days off and you work extremely long hours. Other than that its a great job and I would recommend anyone to work there
Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 13, 2019
Great career advancement opportunities to begin your career. Many good benefits and great people to work with overall.
Management is caring and has good culture.
Business Planning Leader (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INMarch 12, 2019
Good culture and rewarding work. Cummins recruits talented people and that’s who you get to work with. There are frequent reorganization’s and the company tends to reduce the work force annually.
Long days 6 days a week/No time for personal things
Assembler/Final Parts and Mount (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NYMarch 11, 2019
Not worth working here unless you are a direct hire and not a temp. You are worked harder and more expected of you yet the Cummins employees are lazy and slack. You are bounced around to different positions/cells with little training at a position yet expected to have 3-5 defects per month!!
Pros
decent paycheck
Cons
temporary position, no bonus like the direct hires, unstable job placement
Productive high pace environment
Functional Excellence Leader (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INMarch 8, 2019
Support all the plans as a consultant for Maintenance, Indirect materials and CMMS Maximo and EzMaxMobile.
Attend meetings with corporate groups to update Cummins standards and corporate requirements
Pros
Great environment
Not a good company for long term career
Product Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INMarch 8, 2019
To many product mixes, high volume production, too many quality issues on products. Exceesive delays in corrective actions. Frequent hiring and lay offs.
Very discriminatory
Cleaning Crew (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHMarch 8, 2019
Very discriminatory. Depends on who you are and whether supervisor like you. Definitely not a fair place to work.
Never follow handbook for all employees.
Pros
Work on your own
Cons
A lot of discrimination

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cummins. Our community is ready to answer.

51K
41K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Cummins.

Powered by Comparably