Cummins
Happiness rating is 62 out of 100

Cummins Employee Reviews

United States2,808 reviews

Found 2,808 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,368 reviews

It was a very clean environment

Most people were very friendly and helpful to a certain point if you don't make cycle time which is alotted time to do your task your not for that company I made cycle time under two weeks but it' was a very demanding stressful job

Pros

Some free lunches

Cons

Demanding hours sometimes sunday

Don’t work here they pay ok but the management stick together and they be looking for reason to get rid of you if you go against one of the management members they play with your money and job security

Cummins insights

Based on 1,332 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

great sweet5 awesome great

awesome best place to work in the whole entire world even ask me its great I promise really great awesome and awesome great i would go into work and work all day and the best part is that they paid me

Pros

lots of stuff

Cons

not lots of stuff

Decent

Decent place to work. 401k and pension. Seems to have a rif cycle. Would recommend. 150 character requirements you know what I mean. Supercalistics wxpeadoshes

Good schedule

4 on 3 off schedule is great! Get good vacation time and time off requests not a big deal. Pay is lower and raises slow to come. Overtime always available.

Soul crushing cubicles

I was brought in, specifically as a PhD chemist. Unfortunately, the job was extremely low grade--moving inventory around, cleaning things. Utterly pointless and demeaning. Which would be fine, other than the work has nothing to do with the job description or interview. AVOID this place. Unless you're a mindless Koolaid drinker, it's a dreadful place to be. Low pay, poor insurance. Idiotic meetings like I have never seen before. I realized it wouldn't be a high end R and D job, but what I found was actually shameful. The "culture" was one where everything was a witch hunt. Anything goes wrong, even something minor, someone was going to hang for it. And not taken aside and corrected. After being spoken to privately, then it had to come up at the weekly staff meeting, then again at the technician meeting. Just to make absolutely certain whoever was responsible was deeply shamed by it. I have no idea how some of these poor folks lasted decades there.

This company is a good place to work at and the pay is good and advancement is great. I highly recommend the maintenance program at cummins. They also pay for your schooling

Great work/life balance

Work life balance is great with strong focus on family and taking the time you need. Opportunities to progress to those who seek it out. overall good benefits for the work you perform

love the job not management

Overall the Company was great. Management had terrible turnaround with having a new manager every 2-4months.As a growing company they were constantly changing policies and procedures, not even giving enough time to learn the current policies. growth was a little difficult. Although it was an issues specific to our shop due to being a union shop.Again, overall training and benefits were great, the company as a whole is a great company to work with. The only reason I left was do to relocating.

Has a good PR dept and that's about it.

Management is incompetent, and doesn't actually manage anything. Their fix all is forced overtime, which doesn't actually fix anything because the production employees aren't the reason they are always behind.They claim to respect their employees, but their actions and policies make you feel like they think they own you.

Pros

There are some really great people to work with.

Cons

Management is incompetent to the highest degree

Great company to work for

Has a small town feel with a corporate environment. The staff are friendly. Obviously the factory can be a bit of a revolving door but that's almost expected.

Pros

Great pay and benefits

Cons

Lay offs for some

Easy job, alot of hours.

Cummins is an all right company, just be prepared to work everyday. They give vacation and some sick time, but once that is gone your best bet is to just call out.

Good place for beginner

Diverse culture, work life balance is also great, but compensation could be more aggressive. Overall it is a great company to start your career, especially after college

Pros

Great culture

Cons

slow career development

Good pay

Good pay..Pay for your school classes..holiday pay..fmla pay if needed..they donate to community..they offer all shifts..you can get the hours if you work in right dept

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Work allllll the time

They do not have good ethics

Co- worker's and managers set you up for failure. They tend to make you look bad for their errors. I was excited about working here until after 1 months employment. Branch manager is no good.

Very achieving and goal orientated job. Lots of opportunities with a great work enviroment

A typical day at this job involves a lot of meetings. You are communicating with lots of people on daily basis. You can also do all your busy work in a cubical.

Pros

Free coffee, and tea

Not enough pay

People were cool, pay sucked. The job was easy on most days but for doing overnights, the pay was way too little. Sometimes had to work 6 or even 7 days a week.

They will work you to death

I had high hopes for working at Cummins Turbo Plant in SC. They work you so much and morale is low. As a Lead, you can only have two off at the same time which means you may go 4 weeks without having 1 day off and that’s unacceptable and dangerous. The place is clean and safe and they paid me very well but some of the operators are insubordinate and it falls back on the lead. You would tell people one thing and they would do another and then try to throw you under the bus. Some of the senior operators believe they are above listening to the lead and it’s not worth trying to make an effort over.

Pros

Good pay Nice team members

Cons

Lack of equipment Lack of downtime Lots of experienced workers quitting for other jobs

Small location of a large company

There was no one to train me when I began, however I was able to manage enough to proceed with daily tasks. This place is what you make of it. I have personally enjoyed working here and working with the people here. Management is appreciative of my role and the benefit package is outstanding.

Pros

Benfit package begins day one of employment

Cons

Most training is done through an online program. HR and AP are at a central location.

Listen to your senior technicians

Cummins isn’t a bad place to work depending on which branch you end up working. Some branches will equip you better for your future at the company. Stuff like tooling and training are hard to come by at some locations. Also, be ready to teach yourself and pay attention to the older techs that work with you, you will rely on them a lot in your first year or two. The pay and benefits are pretty good compared to other places you could work as a diesel technician. It’s not a bad place to work, you just need to be the squeaky wheel to get what you want. Don’t be afraid to ask for things, but be ready to not receive them in a timely manner.Your managers are easy to get along with. They definitely appreciate your work. If you treat them with respect you will receive respect in return. They are probably the most reasonable company I’ve ever worked for when it comes to vacation time, you have a limited amount but they are very understanding if it is last minute.

Lots of OT

If you are single without children it is a great place to make money.You will work 19 days with 2 days off. And unless you have seniority you don't get to choose where you work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cummins. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

4.2Fairygodboss Score

74%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

78%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss