Cummins Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,566 reviews matching the search See all 2,550 reviews
enjoyed my time with Cummins
Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTAugust 17, 2018
Enjoyed my opportunities to grow and learn, enjoyed most of the people i worked with. i was given many opportunities and education to better myself as well as to better my experiences with Cummins.
Not really a great long term place
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Lakewood NyAugust 15, 2018
They shuffle through people at an alarming rate. Workers are very competitive and not in a good way. Overall the work itself is fine, it’s the personalities that make it bad
Pros
On site fitness center
overall nice place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Mineral Point, WIAugust 14, 2018
The typical day at Cummins for me was to get my weld gear on, get in my spot on the line, and then weld up the parts then send them to the next person.Taught me how to weld. The management was very good always there to ask any questions that you had. The work place culture was very safe and friendly. The pace was extremely fast and hard to keep up depending on what you did. The most enjoyable part was the people that I worked with.
Pros
Co-workers and the job its self
Cons
lots of overtime not a lot of time with the family.
Changing culture that consumes employees
Department Manger (Current Employee) –  WAAugust 14, 2018
Since the purchase of the distributors the local branches have seen a constant flow of changes and roll outs of new processes. The employees are working hard but unable to feel successful in their roles due to the implementation of initiatives that are not fully functional. Current high turn over with a hiring freeze that forces current employees to take on additional responsibilities on top of their current high work load. Heavy decrease in morale. Most of the senior leadership has limited to no experience in a retail setting and manages based upon manufacturing leadership principals.
Pros
Good pay and benifits. Dedicated teams
Cons
Lack of defined guidance from leadership
It's a job somebody's got to do it.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INAugust 12, 2018
Cummins doesn't really care. The plant manager of CMEP has now talked openly about are product moving to Mexico. Are product can be produced for less money for parts and the workers only get 4 dollars an hour. Are parts come from a lot of places and we send are products to other places. I'll cut straight to the point. Are product is not the best I would strongly recommend shopping around and reading real reviews about Dodge, Chrysler, and Jeep. We even share some of are busines with Fiat and most of us have seen the reviews on that. Cummins is full of themselves we are supposed to be making America great again and even self owned big name companies such as Cummins will do whatever it takes to sell their products and treat their employees that actually work way more than management does like we are nothing. They only care about themselves not their employees.
Pros
You can meet some good people
Cons
Long work schedule, no outside life, Bad products, Bad management and so much more
no comment
Parts Department Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 12, 2018
for the amount of work, pay could be better.

lots of workplace drama, kept to myself the time I was there
everything seems outdated, very old building for a huge corporation like Cummins
Greatly invested in the employee and favor hiring from within
Food and Beverage Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46201August 10, 2018
Cummins is aggressive in its strategies for investing in its employees. There are very few positions a person can hold for more than a few years. Countless tools and information are made available for anyone to access and learn from, thus increasing that individual's value to the marketplace. Professional development is placed on a timeline and that employee is held accountable to that timeline in an effort to avoid stagnation. There are loads of opportunity within Cummins for the individual that finds constant growth and improvement an agreeable environment.
Pros
Lots of affinity groups (clubs of sorts), fun after-work events, volunterrism, benefits
Cons
Sometimes bureaucratic, change can be slow
Not bad
inshop engine tech (Former Employee) –  Walton Hills, OHAugust 10, 2018
Work on anything with a Cummins engine from a asphalt roller to a wood chipper, good hours and pay as long as you keep your efficiency up. The managers were fair and would take everything into consideration if you missed the allotted time.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Trash trucks
Good pay for hourly staff in office
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INAugust 10, 2018
Great pay for hourly people. Rules can be confusing if you work with mostly Exempt. Rules can also change with each union contract. Managers don't always keep up with hourly rules either, so you are left fending for yourself. It's a pretty stressful place to work, actually. Too much to do, and not enough time, but expected to get it all done or you get a bad review.
Pros
Pay, benefits, discounts
Cons
Stressful, low morale amongst coworkers (especially exempt people)
good job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INAugust 9, 2018
A typical day at work was easy and relaxed. I learned how to run a machine. Managment was awesome.The hardest part was working 12 hours a day seven days a week. The most enjoyable part was my coworkers
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
work to life ratio
Productive workplace with a great learning environment
VPI Reliability Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INAugust 9, 2018
Inspiring management with liberty to lead. We get adequate time to introspect and bring about improvement. Entrusted with challenging problems and team members acknowledge your efforts
Best Company I have worked with
Engineering Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 9, 2018
Best Company I have worked with - Great Management and company Culture.
Quick Career Advancement and rotation opportunities and Modern office and update equipment.
Ok place to work
Mechanical Assembler/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNAugust 8, 2018
The work place was dirty and some employees were cheating with each other but HR and manager did not about the situation. Employees were not enjoyable at work. Upper management did no listen to what employees had to say.
Pros
Most people are friendly
Cons
Hot place to work. HR know about employees were having affair, HR did nothing.
Great job, but no management support.
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 8, 2018
Loved the work in the Quality department. No support from anyone, very cutthroat, you are on your on. Great training if you beg and get approved for it.
Very poor management at CBS
Senior Project Manager (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 8, 2018
I worked in the Business Services division. It was a mixed experience. Many of the senior managers need to be retired. Leadership has little knowledge of the harassment and vicious behaviour in this division, though the results are frequent blowouts and discovery of mismanagement and misuse.
Pros
Learning opportunity for new comers
Cons
Work environment is not fun
Excellent Company
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 7, 2018
Cummins is great because of the culture it has. It also has a lot of smart people working within the company. It has strong leadership in top management which makes employees feel comfortable about the future of the company. If you get on the right team and in the right business unit, doing something you enjoy, you will likely want to retire with this company.
Pros
Culture, Top Management, Benefits, Pay. Flexibility
Cons
Size, Lack of Agility
Cummins
Generator Technician (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 7, 2018
I thought that a career with Cummins would have been awesome but I think I was at the wrong branch. I started work after I graduated I had to build up my savings so I lived with family for a while In Augusta, Ga. So I was making a 2 hr one way drive until I moved closer. After that work load was slow and I was ok but it never picked up. So I was painting caution parking pole to make hours but I wasn't making 40 hr. I was about to get kicked out of my apartment but I broke my lease before I got evicted. So move back with family in Augusta and making a 2hr drive to savannah just to get turned around cause no work more than once.
Pros
Techs were great
Cons
no hours
It was a great company
Technician (Former Employee) –  Henderson, COAugust 7, 2018
The company was a great company to work for but he management at the shop i was at was not the best. The bosses in the shop were great but up front they didn't understand what we had to get done and the best way for us to do it.
production
Assembly Line Lead (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 6, 2018
overall benefit wise it is a good company could use some improvement but the salary is good and the experience opens doors to other jobs in the field of manufactoring
Great place to Start
Assembly Technician (Current Employee) –  Fridley, MNAugust 6, 2018
Cummins is a great company to start at. It is a great place to gain a lot of insight on how things operate especially if you are younger. There is a lot of opportunity for the upcoming generation moving forward.
Pros
The starting pay rate coming in as a young adult with minimum education
Cons
Cost of Health benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cummins. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

55%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

64%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss