Cummins Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,520 reviews matching the search See all 2,490 reviews
Worst job yet
Shipping Auditor (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJuly 16, 2018
They will tell you your doing a great job while they are training your replacement. They are downsizing and getting rid of temps on a mass scale. Other then that good place
Pros
good job, steady hours, 401k
Cons
everything about management
Never know what to expect day from day
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 15, 2018
I was disappointed from day one.I was hired for one shift ,started at another shift . Management changed on a regular base. Tell you something one day tell you different the next day .
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Advancement
Great company to work for
Senior Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INJuly 15, 2018
Good job satisfaction. Healthy work life balance. Very friendly and healthy working environment. Lot of opportunities to work for in field of Mechanical Engineering. Diverse company culture.
Pros
Good compensation benefits
Cons
Flexible working hours
great place to work
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAJuly 15, 2018
it was an great place to work and or even for those who would like to retire or who is looking for an long term career with great benefits for you and your family
Pros
good pay
Cons
hot
Great place to work if ur a quiet person and want a fast paced job
Factory Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Neillsville, WIJuly 12, 2018
They rush u on just about every job u do and dont slow down for u. The manager I had was not nice at all. They do stretch every day before u work. There is more meetings than work time
Good Job to have
SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  DallasJuly 10, 2018
Good Company to work for. Good pay and nice working hrs. A company where you can call home.Nice people and very helpful. Nice work area and very clean.
Good Company to work for
CMES Quality Lead (Current Employee) –  Whitakers, NCJuly 9, 2018
Every company has pros and cons. Cummins is a very strong and stable company to work for. Job opportunities are out there but it is hard to get noticed for headquarter's jobs if you are at another location. Some work place locations are family oriented and genuinely care, some are not.
Pros
stability, salary, corporate citizenship
Cons
healthcare, relocation
Happy while working for original owner
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, CAJuly 6, 2018
I was happy at Cummins while the original owner was in charge. They had a customer driven policy which was a positive force as an example to the rest of the company.
fun family oriented place
Sales / CSR (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 6, 2018
great place to work and nice co workers to be around. We had company sorts games and awards to cerebrate our hard work. I had a fun and great experience while i was at the facility in Arlington
love
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Ladson, SCJuly 6, 2018
great place great people great enviroment very layed back the culture is awesome this job was my first job right out of high scool and i learned a lot
Great Place to work
Internal Controls Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 5, 2018
Great company to work for if you looking for great work life balance. The people want to see you succeed. They are always open to questions. I love working for Cummins during my internship.
Stressful
Reverse Logistics Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 3, 2018
Good People poor training and stressful environment. This is a good company I was at a location with poor management. Very great Time off plans though
Pros
salary
Cons
management
Excellent Opportunities if you work at HQ
Global Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 3, 2018
If you are not working in the plants, and are at a non HQ facility, the opportunities for advancement are few and far between.

Non-corporate facilities do not follow Cummins mission, vision and values and employees are treated differently than their counterparts who are located at HQ
Pros
Volunteer work, profit share, pension
Cons
out of touch management, wasteful bureaucracy
Fun place to work
Ship reciveing (Former Employee) –  Battleboro, NCJuly 2, 2018
The work environment is neat and its worth the money they pay would love to back any type of production job is cool I currently have cdls class b permit
Pros
Lunch was good
Cons
Breaks wasnt long enough
Excellent company
GLOBAL CHIEF ENGINEER and DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNJuly 2, 2018
Excellent company with great culture and engaged workforce; product are being well defined through the entire lifecycle; good service support with global footprint
other than a certain personal it is a great place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle/Yakima, WAJune 29, 2018
A great place to work if you like to be micromanaged, from a supervisor that has limited knowledge of what it is like to be a field service tech. If you are looking for a career in Washington State for this company. I would recommend Seattle,Olympia,Pasco or Spokane,were the supervisor stands up for there employees and have good working relationship with them. Washington has most all great personal, all of the techs will help out at any time and are fun to work with. Great pay and benefits. If that sounds like what you are looking for sign up.
ok if you are wanting your foot in the door
Specialized Technician (Former Employee) –  Ladson, SCJune 29, 2018
e Cummins Ladson Branch was the worst experience of my career and a downfall fall for HR Professionals. There is no growth and development skills. I was hired for one job and they paid me to do another when I confronted the situations they blamed me. They were disorganized and did not set my position up for Success. Lack of training, Cliques, lots most important not a place for someone who has HR experience. The individuals in the position had no previous HR experience so your practices that you have will not work because they dont have the experience this is for a person straight of school. Lots of Micromanaging.
Excellent place to grow
Software Developer - Test Engineering (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNJune 29, 2018
Cummins helped me not only hone my skills but gain new ones through paid training sessions at work and through other companies. I was more or less given free reign to do activities that needed to get done and perform them in ways that I thought would work best.
pleasant, people friendly.
ORDER CHECKER / DOCK WORKER (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAJune 28, 2018
my typical work day was productive, what I've learned was safety first, management was overall awesome,it was a fast paced workplace, nothing was difficult about the job i had, the most enjoyable part of my job was the team effort i had.
Pros
good work enviroment
Cons
no cons
Looking out for employees
Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mineral Point, WIJune 28, 2018
This job gave cost of living raises and a raise every six months for the first two years. If you can stick it out through the beginning pay you will be rewarded later.
Pros
pay, healthcare, community involvement
Cons
shift work, environment, and bad attitude employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cummins. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

55%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

64%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss