Cummins Employee Reviews

Management and advancement
Account Payable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 17, 2018
Cummins is a great place to work but some people have been given the privilege of management and turn it to discrimination and racism, not willing others to be promoted.
Top heavy, cut throat environment
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNOctober 17, 2018
The leaders are focused on their own career advancement and focus al of their activities on reaching the next level, regardless of those of those hurt along the way.
Cummins was an excellent place to work.
Temporary Positions (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 16, 2018
A great place to work! I would have loved to work there permanently! It was so awesome to work with such a great group of people! What a great team!
Pros
Close to home
Cons
N/a
I was a temporary employee
TEMPORARY POSTION (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63147October 15, 2018
It was a great company to work for. All the employees were helpful and very friendly. I was a temporary employee...nothing more or less. I'm not sure this company exists anymore
Pros
great personnel
Cons
temporary position
A place to learn and grow professionally
Health, Safety and Environment Intern (Former Employee) –  Mineral Point, WIOctober 13, 2018
Cummins should be a dream place for everyone to work one day. Being part of the Cummins family has been made see my career from another dimension, and they made me realized that irrespective of my background, the sky is only my starting point to be able to get my self to that dream position i want to be. I learnt a lot and the experience was amazing. I will highly recommend Cummins.
very fast pace
Forklift operator, shipping and receiving clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 12, 2018
cummins was a cool place to work. a typical day was fast paced always a lot of freight to stow away.High expectation for certain employees but unfair to people who have a good work ethic
Engineering Associate, Advanced Engineering (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INOctober 11, 2018
Corporate views continuously forced on employees. Products are pushed out the door instead of developed in a proper amount of time with adequate resources.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Wages, Stress, Management
good company, outstanding corporate culture
Supply Chain Analyst (Summer Intern) (Former Employee) –  WuxiOctober 11, 2018
I spend my sophomore summer break at Cummins, working as a Supply Chain Summer Intern. During my two-month internship period, I developed a clear understanding of how supply chain department works and serves in a certain company, and got to know the important of lean supply chain operation.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
the office building is kinda old
Cummins is like a roller coaster
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 10, 2018
Cummins is a fortune 500 company that treat their employees like old school down south workers with NO RESPECT Cummins HR Dept. & Management Team don`t care for the people.
Pros
pay check
Cons
management
Awesome Work life balance
Aftertreatment Performance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INOctober 10, 2018
One of the best place to work in Mid-West. Specifically CES. Need to move to California otherwise would have stayed here for long time. Awesome management and really flexible in terms of leaves.
Stressful at times
Engine Technician (Current Employee) –  Battleboro, NCOctober 10, 2018
Needed better management. Need to listen to the employees more, to fully understand what's going on in the different teams and plant as a whole. Too many chiefs. Break down on commutation.
Pros
Good team members
Cons
Working 7 days a week with broken promises and lack of commutation between management and team
Software Engineer
Sr. Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  2725 W 450 S Cpolumbus INOctober 9, 2018
Cummins INC is good place to learn work ethics and improve your talents.

The management is good. Individuals are eager to learn new things . There is nothing hardest part of the job. Most enjoyable thing is good work culture
sressful and management thinks you are a number
Call Center Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAOctober 9, 2018
would not go back as long as Cummins LLC owns t
all the branches. was a great place to work prior to Cummins Corporate purchasing all the individual distributorships
Pros
decent pay
Cons
just a number on a spreadsheet
The president and vice president are husband and wife team.
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAOctober 9, 2018
The two heads of the company are not in the business to help people with cummins products. They are there to make as much money as they can and then retire.
7 days a week non stop but good benefits
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INOctober 8, 2018
5 out of the 6 years I worked there at Cummins Engine Plant it was 7 days a week 8- 12 hour shifts. job work/life balance there was none. Great Benefits such as 401k, health and Dental insurance, Discounts and vision. They hold company get together's from time to time. They pay pretty well... your first 40 is straight time, after is time and a half and anything after 60 hour is double time and you will hit that by Friday if you work on the manufacturing lines at CEP. Last I knew they were hiring people at $15.50 and hour so you can do the math.
Pros
good benefits, pay
Cons
7 days a week non stop on the manufacturing line in hdm, management as well as production workers has a huge turn over, short staffed and over worked
Productive and fun workplace
Sub-Assembler (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAOctober 8, 2018
My typical work day at Cummins is when I would get my assignment for the day and I would just get to work. My fellow workers were fun to work with and I was able to get along with them. It was like a family setting. We worked real well together and were to the work seem easy, we had fun and it wasn't stressful at the job.
Pros
Organized, good management, and good workplace.
Cons
Some tension at times, need more room for advancement.
Great experienced and help me to grow and develop my profesional career.
Parts Manager - Cataño, PR (Former Employee) –  Cataño, PROctober 7, 2018
Great experienced and help me to grow and develop my professional career. Good place to work and they pay competitive salaries, safe place because safety is number one.
Very competetive
Line Worker/Production (Current Employee) –  WisconsinOctober 6, 2018
Good place to work paid breaks competetive pay good people to work with management is well qualified safe place to work safety is number one people are friendly and easy to work with
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and joyful Workplace
DBA and DevOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbus,IN,USAOctober 6, 2018
Job Culture at Cummins is very appreciable. Everyone work here as a team to solve any issue. Culture is very cooperative. Team always tries to find better way for improvements .
Pros
Appreciable job culture
Cons
Basement should not have any 8hrs workstations
Solid workplace
Office Work (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 5, 2018
The company as a whole is professional. There are certainly areas for improvement but there was always an opportunity to approach upper management to address issues. 401k is fantastic. Salary structure was fairly good.
Pros
401k, commission, motivation to improve, culture was decent
Cons
Conservative culture, change takes a bit more time than it could

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cummins. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

63out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Cummins.