Cumulus Media Employee Reviews

Good Company Overall
Senior Account Executive/Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 12, 2018
Cumulus is a good company overall. Cumulus Albuquerque has some internal work environment issues that make it difficult to do job to best of ability.
Pros
Great Opportunities
Cons
No confidence in some management
Do not work here!
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 10, 2018
They have very poor management, they say they will offer support, but only if your managers pet .

My supposed mentor told me that he did not have time for me the first day and never spoke to me again. Management did nothing

You have to belong or you get ignored. Poor work culture

Would not recommend the environment to anyone

Most sales staff are drinker or drug uses
Pros
it was a radio station
Cons
poor management and work culture
Fast paced. Very competative.
Production Director (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 29, 2018
The work day is done whenever the work for the day is done. I learned how to interact with different people throughout the company. Management works hard to lead as an example for their staff. The workplace culture is very competitive. The hardest part of the job is being able to manage constantly changing deadlines. The most enjoyable part is being able to create content that benefits clients.
Cumulus Media
Fixed Assets Accountant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 27, 2018
Great job culture and work/life balance but could improve on many other areas such as growth opportunities and annual raises. Currently not a lot of stability with restructuring after filing Chapter 11. Turnover rate very high.
Pros
Cons
Insurance not that great
Great Starter position
RECEPTIONIST; PROMOTIONS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 25, 2018
Awesome organization to intern or start career. Great networking experiences. Provides multiple opportunities to show self sufficiency. at promotional events.
good to fair
Sr. Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 24, 2018
We are going through many changes in the office I work in however, overall the company is doing well.

We have a new market manager an a new local manager. We liked the previous managers so the change is big.
High turnover in Management and sales
Sr. Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 20, 2018
They rarely promote within. They areas sometimes racist. They make rules but do not enforce them or they may enforce for people they do not care for. They have no idea what is going on in their offices. Very cheap. bad benefits. Rarely do they recognize their sales people, whom keep it running.
Pros
5 stations to choose from.
Cons
Bad management from the office manager to the sales managers
Exposure to preparing board books and presenting to upper level managment.
Market Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 19, 2018
• Managed all areas of the month-end close process for eleven markets. Worked closely with business managers, market managers and staff accountants to ensure accurate recording of accounting data. Guided staff in efficiency improvements to shorten the close period.
• Prepared balance sheets, income statements, and cash flows for markets as well as reviewed four staff accountants’ work on a daily basis.
• Prepared balance sheet reconciliations (e.g. accounts receivable, prepaids, and fixed assets) for all eleven markets for a nine-month period for the newly acquired markets).
• Designed, prepared and presented the CMI & CMP Board books distributed to company investors and created financial data that linked directly to the accounting system.
• Promoted from managing CMI markets to overseeing the newly acquired CMP business. Prepared balance sheet reconciliations and prepaid expense amortization tables for all markets.
Company is going downhill, fast. Out of bankruptcy, and still broke!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 14, 2018
I was a sales person over two clusters, which meant I could sell the adjacent stations to our market, if the advertiser was interested. Company executives guided company out of bankruptcy, but sales dropped, as a result, and have yet to recover. Local market manager wants up to 'fill up' the stations, so they apparently dropped the prices, again, which will make it even more difficult to make a living. That's all I can say. Come starve with us!
Pros
some folks have been there for a long time
Cons
this company will simply not survive, as it is being run today
Account executure
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYAugust 3, 2018
I was an outside travelling account executive. Travel and family were the reasons I left my position. After leaving I stayed home with my young daughter.
Pros
salary
Cons
travel
Productive and fun workplace
Promotions Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 30, 2018
Doing promotions can be stressful but it’s fun. Be prepared for being on your feet and in environmental changes. You do get the benefit of going to concerts for free if they have extra tickets to spare so it’s an exciting bonus!
Like every place, there's ups and downs
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 30, 2018
I began employment as a part time promotions assistant, then receptionist, onto the Sales Coordinator and recruiter, finally to account executive. It was a struggle to promote but worth the fight in the end. Unfortunately, I took the advice of senior management and moved into sales, that was the demise of my relationship with this company.
Assistant Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 28, 2018
Working here has been a pleasure. To learn the in and outs of the radio industry has been amazing. The work environment was always up lifting, because music after all is a universal language.
fun work environment
Student Intern / Promotions Team Member (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 26, 2018
I worked in promotions at cumulus media as a student intern, setting up events. It was a very fun job but their was not much room for growth. Overall I really enjoyed the people I worked with but I was looking for more of a career.
My experience with Cumulus Broadcasting was a fun and exciting experience!
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 16, 2018
The staff I worked with at Cumulus Nashville was a fun group! They absolutely made my job easy! We had a great team ! Cumulus Nashville was like working with
My family !
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Working day to day sales hours were enforced
Very Radio
Traffic Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 10, 2018
Normal radio station work. Long work day working at a computer with little time to do professional growth. People were nice but culture was "Not My Fault!" mentality. Hard to correct issues when people kept breaking the same rules with no consequences.
Great People
Digital Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 8, 2018
Worked as a digital sales manager. Some of their digital products are good. Some of their execution not so good. Room for improvement I think they are fairly new in this space and a very difficult space it is with clients wanting ROI and instant gratification.
Pros
freedom
Cons
system and process lacks
Cumulus has definitely exceeded my expectations since signing with them...
Host/Creative Services Director/AE (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJuly 1, 2018
I've thoroughly enjoyed my time thus far with Cumulus. Despite overall company financial bankruptcy and difficulties that were created by previous owners/share-holders....the new CEO and Executive Team has done a STELLAR job in recruiting the best-of-the-best to bring a tremendous cultural and workplace paradigm shift to a company that could have easily went by the wayside without their guidance and leadership. I left my first company after it was sold to Cumulus because of the perception of the company at that time, and refused to work for Cumulus for over 15+ years because of what I knew about the company from it's employees.....and now I am very proud to be a part of Cumulus and what we have and are continuing to create.
at one time it was a fun and productive work place not all bad!
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 25, 2018
a topical day was hectic but fun in media
learned alot and had fun doing it
workplace was always a fun environment
it was always hard work but everyone enjoyed it
Pros
free concerts
Cons
worked weekends
Solid Management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2018
Still a good place with passionate people who care about their job an the end result produced. Management is much better than perceived by outside competition.
Pros
Not micro-managed
Cons
need to invest more in the local staff and product

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cumulus Media. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight