Cumulus Media Employee Reviews

Funnest Job Ever
Promotions Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 22, 2018
Cumulus Media is a very fun place to work. The staff at Cumulus have become a second family to me and are some of the closet people I know. I love working here.
Fun Job
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 18, 2018
It was a great intro into outside sales and taught me the cold calling skills that i have been using for over 10 years. But be ready to hustle the job takes real effort but the rewards can be great.
Fun enviroment
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 16, 2018
Always going business to business learning new business needs and wants. My co workers and made the job fun! The bonuses of gifts were great. My manager made it fun to come into work. Hard to sell air to a lot of non believers of radio .
Pros
Fun days with co workers and boss
Cons
Micro manager and bad meetings
Excellent company to work for
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 12, 2018
Cumulus Media is a great company to work for. They have excellent training and the opportunity to continue learning and expanding your mind on a daily basis.
It was corporate radio, at it's best...or worst, depending on how you looked at it
Production Director (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 10, 2018
I liked working there, loved my job and everything I was allowed to do as production director for the cluster. Always had an outlet for creativity. A lot of good managers came through programming, just not on the "business side" which was always in control. The hands-are-tied aspect of the business was tough to accept, but it was what it was. But in the end, I was a good place to work, with some really good people.
Great workplace
BOARD OP H & AFTERNOON TRAFFIC ANNOUNCER (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 8, 2018
Radio is a fun and exciting job to have. The staff and on-air talent are great, always available and helpful. They take great pride in giving listeners and clients an amazing product.
Solid Company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 5, 2018
Solid broadcast company... just grew too quick. Based out of Atlanta slowed down day to day operations... good leadership, great tools.
too many in house products.
Pros
Big nationwide
Cons
Everything went thru Atlanta
Meeting new people and helping to grow their business
Business Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 2, 2018
Solicit small to large businesses in order to sell radio advertising packages. Locally and national accounts. Company developed new way of targeting different types of business and categories. We spent more time in the office training daily vs out working the business.
Pros
Great Mon-Fri work hours
Cons
Downsized staff during recession
Run away while you can
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 1, 2018
The company and its mission would be great if the management there would not keep holding you back. Once you have a disagreement with them they will find a way to get you out.
Pros
Events. Uncapped commissions.
Cons
Too many meetings. Management is a click.
Fun workplace, always stayed busy
Promotions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, INSeptember 30, 2018
Fun workplace overall. I enjoyed traveling regularly and getting to interact with customers on-site as well. We always stayed busy by going to events. It was a great job overall.
Pros
Great job culture, fun workplace
Cons
N/a
Great as a starting point
Event Coordinator/Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PASeptember 30, 2018
Its a good place to start and learn every aspect of a radio station. From sales to production you can learn everything to an extent. But little to no advancement with in station.
Very upfront
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 23, 2018
What you see is what you get. Everything is plainly spelled out for each employee from expectations to compensation. Any question you have will likely be covered in their handbooks and other on boarding materials
Pros
Clearly defined
Sales are for self starters
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 17, 2018
As a member of the sales staff your success is propelled by the 'get up and go' you put into it each day. If your pipeline is consistently full of prospects then the position remains busy and productive.
Pros
Building your own book of business
Cons
Long work weeks and weekend work when necessary
Good Company Overall
Senior Account Executive/Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 12, 2018
Cumulus is a good company overall. Cumulus Albuquerque has some internal work environment issues that make it difficult to do job to best of ability.
Pros
Great Opportunities
Cons
No confidence in some management
Do not work here!
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 10, 2018
They have very poor management, they say they will offer support, but only if your managers pet .

My supposed mentor told me that he did not have time for me the first day and never spoke to me again. Management did nothing

You have to belong or you get ignored. Poor work culture

Would not recommend the environment to anyone

Most sales staff are drinker or drug uses
Pros
it was a radio station
Cons
poor management and work culture
Fast paced. Very competative.
Production Director (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 29, 2018
The work day is done whenever the work for the day is done. I learned how to interact with different people throughout the company. Management works hard to lead as an example for their staff. The workplace culture is very competitive. The hardest part of the job is being able to manage constantly changing deadlines. The most enjoyable part is being able to create content that benefits clients.
Cumulus Media
Fixed Assets Accountant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 27, 2018
Great job culture and work/life balance but could improve on many other areas such as growth opportunities and annual raises. Currently not a lot of stability with restructuring after filing Chapter 11. Turnover rate very high.
Pros
Cons
Insurance not that great
Great Starter position
RECEPTIONIST; PROMOTIONS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 25, 2018
Awesome organization to intern or start career. Great networking experiences. Provides multiple opportunities to show self sufficiency. at promotional events.
good to fair
Sr. Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 24, 2018
We are going through many changes in the office I work in however, overall the company is doing well.

We have a new market manager an a new local manager. We liked the previous managers so the change is big.
High turnover in Management and sales
Sr. Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 20, 2018
They rarely promote within. They areas sometimes racist. They make rules but do not enforce them or they may enforce for people they do not care for. They have no idea what is going on in their offices. Very cheap. bad benefits. Rarely do they recognize their sales people, whom keep it running.
Pros
5 stations to choose from.
Cons
Bad management from the office manager to the sales managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cumulus Media. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight