CUNA Mutual Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
One Project Experience
Adeptia Designer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 7, 2018
I feel the work place culture is not professional enough. Heavy politics and closed minded. Very difficult to start there because most of them have been there for atleast 10+ years and I sense an entitlement mentality when it comes to sharing information.

Very stressful and not willing to listen to qualified people. Obviously there are many wonderful talented people.

Micro management to the max because of Agile methodology. Pressure everywhere all the time.

Management has to change their approach.

One thing I did learn is ask questions in the interview to clarify certain points, instead of finding it later.

I have seen unqualified, unprofessional people in my project who is very difficult to work with.
Pros
Cafeteria, Starbucks in Campus
Cons
Hire Qualified Managers, Tech Leads
Summary
Mortgage Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WIAugust 2, 2018
The company was amazing to work for and I was able to thrive and be highly successful in my position. Even though my job was ultimately eliminated, they treated me fairly and with great respect during the off boarding process.
Pros
Experience, pay, travel, education/training
Cons
limited opportunities to stay in company once product was eliminated
Client Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 28, 2018
Fast paced. I learned to negotiate collateral protection insurance and different types of insurance coverage for various states. The workplace culture was professional. There was not a hard part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with different Credit Unions from various states. Also, I enjoyed traveling to different states.
Pros
Travel
Agile
Leader (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 20, 2018
Company is changing fast and using agile in many areas. Changes in products, processes, and technology are happening across the organization. Focus on customer experience is high.
Productive and great workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 5, 2018
It is a great place to work. I was able to get along well with the people I work with. It helps me to learn more about the business and how I can continue to work with other people.
Pros
Good benefits and good people to work with.
Cons
Working with some of the people while speaking on the phone can be challenging, but not impossible.
New building, modern decor, clean and arey
Customer Service Agent - Banking (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 12, 2018
Place was always clean. friendly, open, gave a good feeling when you would walk in. Desk were in great form through out the building- flowed very easily.
Pros
New building, modern decor, clean and arey
Cons
it was a banking style call center, alot of federly guidelines
Corporate Structure
QA Engineer /Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 4, 2018
Not a fun place to work. Everyone was frustrated with the slow approval process. Not many new projects were being initiated to promote the health of the company.
Over all a good company.
Resolution Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 21, 2018
A once great company who valued employees and their decisions has changed. It really depends on your manager. Micro managers were encouraged which actually hurt the company. Not sure if the new leadership still promotes numbers rather than culture.
Typical Corporate America
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 14, 2018
Jobs are dispensable. Management talks a good line, but lacks the ability to prove it. The best part of the job was helping customers address needs they had. The most frustrating parts of the job were (1) not being given the tools necessary to be successful in the role; and (2) being required to meet numerous quality metrics despite their exclusion toward scoring a positive performance review.
Pros
Free meals occasionally.
Cons
Numerous metrics required, but only Sales will produce a positive review.
great place to work
Senior DW (ETL) Informatica Developer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 7, 2018
great place to work
good management
great place to learn new technologies
people are very helpful
great team spirit
learned new technologies on projects
Billing Specialist
Billing Specialist, Billing Services (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IAMay 6, 2018
• Served as a liaison between the company, credit unions, and third parties to develop and maintain more complex billings. Coordinated and provided technical assistance for setting up different medias and variations to accounts.
• Worked as a billing expert between all parties involved to analyze data and requests to make suggestions on the most workable solutions.
• Relayed information in a clear, concise, and professional manner through oral and written communications.
• Balanced various accounts to ensure all monies were handled properly and in a timely manner.
Pros
Excellent Pay and Benefits
Cons
My position was outsources
Great company
Supply Analyst Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 3, 2018
I really enjoyed CUNA Mutual Group. The employees and managers were all good to work with. They support a diverse culture and way of doing business. Good company.
Good pay but repetitive job
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Waverly, IAApril 9, 2018
the company was slow at adjusting to changes in processes and options available from my perspective as a sales rep.
job was 100% over the phone but very repetitive having the same 5 conversations 30-50 times per day.
Pros
pay and bonus
Cons
repetitive job
Billing Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 22, 2018
Getting into work and stating the day quickly. There was not much time to mingle with co-workers as the deadlines had to be met by end of day. Reconciling daily accounts for over 15 accounts as you also answer phones to help with customer complaints and/or help with their policy. Enter payments and reversals by EOD so that when the system updates everything is in on time.
Pros
Awesome salery, benifits, co-workers
Cons
never felt like there was time to take a break, started training over seas employees, never feeling secure/ job security
Division Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 13, 2018
CUNA Mutual Group was a great place to work. I would still be there if it were not for personal reasons. The management and organization is effective and values their employees.
Pros
Collaborative
Cons
Hard Work and long hours
Productive work environment
Pension Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 8, 2018
My daily tasks were rather mundane and repetitive. It was a contract position and quite honestly, I don't recall much of the work that I completed. I believe I would have enjoyed being a full-time employee with room to grow in a permanent position.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Job was located on the opposite side of town.
none to give was a temp
Baker Tilly (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 19, 2018
was a temp at this company didn't work here long enough to feel that i could get a review of this company. Sorry that this couldn't be more helpful.
Cuna
Consumer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 12, 2018
CUNA is a great company to work for. Outstanding products offered. Great customer service. Friendly working environment. Great Co-workers. Supportive management. Competitive wages and benfits.
No room for advancement
Licensed Insurance Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 9, 2018
Very tough to advance within the company I have had two roles I have been in that have been outsourced. The actual environment is a great environment once you have a safe job
Enjoyable place to work
Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 4, 2018
I sold life insurance to all over the United States by phone. Cuna Mutual did all the advertising and I would receive soft leads and incoming calls. Excellent environment for work and good management.