CUNY Brooklyn College Employee Reviews

It is a nice place to work
Senior Custodial Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 22, 2019
I like working here at Brooklyn College. The majority of the people working here are nice, friendly and always appreciate my hard work.
The only thing I don't like is some supervisors show favoritism and give the Overtime to their favorites rather than dividing it equally and fairly, but their is always room for improvement.
Pros
I enjoy keeping the campus clean and beautiful
Cons
Not easy supervising difficult people who does not want to work
from my experience.
Custodial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 24, 2018
basically all works days would have the same schedule unless management need something special done. I learn to shift personnel around as the work schedule would change. management would do all it can to help out we all wanted the same results.the hardest part was the shifting of worker around when coworker would call out sick.most enjoyable was see the end results of a completed job well done.
Pros
enough workers available.
Cons
tardiness and sick calls
Ups and Down
Senior Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 14, 2018
It is a good place to work if you are a current student. Management treats you like you don't belong. A lot of the senior employees are older, so their ideas and method of operating is antiquated.
security
Custodial Senior Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 13, 2018
you have job security but little pay, the campus is a great way to stay in touch with what's happening. Working in a university setting creates a very good atomospher
Comfortable setting
Transfer Services Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 11, 2018
Beautiful Campus, great culture, and mission to help students. Administrators are very helpful in most departments. No growth for promotion. No Overtime pay only CompTime given.
As with any employer...
CUNY Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 30, 2018
CUNY BC has is positives & negatives about it.
Overall it is a great company to work for - the free tuition is an excellent benefit to take advantage of.
Pros
tuition waiver, health benefits, colleagues
Cons
ineffective management in some areas
Productive and professional place to work
College Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 12, 2016
its a great place to work
The stuff are very friendly and nice
They treat people with respect and dignity
Highly recommend this place
Great working experience
A faculty and student program development for accessing varying socio-polictico voices made available to the NYC academic communities.
Student Law Coordinator/Master Class Q&A-Series (Former Employee) –  Communication Arts Dept, Brooklyn, NYJune 28, 2016
A plethora of local, national and international interests to explore each day to a mutual focal point germane to the student population.
Pros
the stress of the adrenaline rush in a day
Cons
Not enough time in the day
Productive and intense
College Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 23, 2016
I start each week with the team weekly call which is a rundown of all pending business (live mandates and pipeline deals). Each member of the team gives updates on their tasks on each deal. It is the perfect occasion to stay abreast of what is happening with other deal teams in the coverage group. The call usually runs for one hour.

After the weekly call, I usually spend another hour with my director for a deeper dive into my own deals and to align our priorities for the upcoming week
Tough but it makes you hard worker.
Student (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 17, 2016
I'm an international student.My typical day contains searching. I always go to library and study over there. My professors give me too much home work.
Easy place to work, mangers are very easy to talk to and friendly.
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 13, 2015
Easy place to work. Managers were very nice. Made everything very easy to learn and able to get into job quickly. Had to deal with numerous customers. Treat them with kindness and respect. Give each student a computer.Help solve any computer related issues they may have had.
Great learning environment full of support
Program Assistant- Work and Scholar Program (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 14, 2015
management works with you and wants to see you grow and succeed
Management always pushes their staff to learn and acquire more skills, providing great training to do so
Pros
great culture and team work
Cons
pay ane benefits are ok
productive and very busy work place, high volume of phone calls
college assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 19, 2015
a typical day of work consists of answering a high volume of phone calls answering financial aid related questions.
- I've learned to interact with all different types of people from different backgrounds
- management is great, most college assistants are students so they work with your school schedule.
- co workers are great
- hardest part of the job is answering such a high volume of phone calls while trying to complete assignments.
- most enjoyable part is helping out students who are not having a good experience with the processs .
Great Experience
Laboratory and Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 6, 2015
I did part time work study at CUNY Brooklyn College working in the laboratory. I met other students who were also working in the lab alongside studying with them in classes, so it was also a fun and great experience.
Great Start up Job
LAB TECHNICIAN/COLLEGE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 30, 2014
Excellent Job to have while attending school.
Hours are flexible and has an excellent work environment.
Job was enjoyable with good work mates
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 28, 2014
Job only last for the school semester and people were patient with you and taught you any skills you needed. if you had school work you could work on it without worry. The tough part was when many students would come in and you have to make sure everyone got helped quickly. Wasn't really hard but if i had to pick one that would be it. I learned communication skills and learn more about different windows systems.
Very energetic environment
Political Activist and Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 4, 2014
I work with my friends to bring democracy back to peoples lives.
Good Opportunity for a Full-Time Student to Get Work Experience
College Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 10, 2013
College Assistant experience will vary very drastically depending on where exactly in the college one works.
Great place to get your feet wet
West End Building Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 6, 2012
Worked there while I went to school, and got to do a bunch of different things at once, such as human resources work and office management work. I enjoyed it immensely and most of my co-workers were also in my graduate school program.
Pros
works around your schedule, able to advance, easy commute
Cons
alot of red tape