CUPERTINO ELECTRIC Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
Field Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Salinas, Watsonville, San Carlos, Pittsburgh,August 2, 2019
I hired in as a field mechanic in march 5th, put me to work on the 6th. no training, threw me to the wolves. but I survived, and learned the equipment and how to diagnose and repair them. I was praised for my work. ! was 1 of 4 mechanics when I hired on. 3 weeks later, I was 1 of 2 mechanics, trying hard to do the work of 4 mechanics. I had 3 yards with trucks, trailer, and various equipment to maintain, and service if broken down on a job. I had a lot of windshield time, and was stretched very thin. On 7/08/2019, I was fired! I was told I took things apart and did not put them back together. The upper management are far from that, not good managers at all! otherwise, If I would have been pulled in and counciled on my job performance, and I could have explained how I was running my tail off trying to keep up. I never took anything apart that I didn't finish. sometimes parts availabilty was an issue, so those units would not be re-assembled on as timely a manner as I would like, but that was out of my control. this company is going down the tubes, as far as I am concerned. I you want to be treated like a number, with no respect, and extremely expendable, go ahead and hire on, because the field mechanics are just as I just described.
No explanation
Electrician Helper (Former Employee) –  Altoona, IAJuly 27, 2019
I started with Cupertino at Facebook data center with intentions on entering the Apprenticeship. I expressed my goal from the beginning and I was told yard would be one of the best places for me. I did what was asked of me but due to a pre existing injury I was sent in to see safety which turned around and told me to have a doctor sign off on it which I did without restrictions. Only to be layoff indefinitely
Good place too work for ...
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Los Lunas, NMJune 19, 2019
A lot of safety was a good meaning PPE was always on site water available all the time tools were always on there lot of good guys to work around management was okay
Relaxed and professional place to work
Project Admin/Document Control (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 21, 2019
Was a great company to be a part of, sad it was only contracted for 6 months. Not sure if they’re open to actually keeping on new people but definitely an amazing company to work for. Learned a lot
good place to work
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CA 90606November 14, 2018
very competetive envoirment, a good place to work, close to home, very good people, and co-workers, great benefits, paid leave and vacation pay, great working envoirment
wireman (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 29, 2018
I learned a lot about electrical solar paneling for commercial only.

Pulling and supporting ground wire, color coding d.c. wire, installing solar panels on brackets. I preformed these tasks alternately. I was also employed by another solar company in southern calif. for a year in 2014.
Over all I enjoyed my job. The people around were all great employees
and employers.

supportercial only,
Pros
the learning aspect of it so challenging
Cons
working in the change of daily wheather was not easy
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV, and Silicon Valley, CAOctober 16, 2018
Typical electrical work. Safety is first. Fair work for fair wages. Foreman and General Foreman were great to work with. Would have stayed but could not due to personal reasons.
great place to work
Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CAAugust 10, 2018
Cupertino is one of the best company I've ever work for, the company and employees are great people it more like a family then coworker. I love working for Cupertino.
Cw
Construction wireman (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 1, 2018
Very fast paced lots of work, people were nice. If you are looking for work go to Des Moines and sign the union book and get a referral. The union is in need of helpers. CW
Easy-going work environment with much to learn.
Purchasing Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 14, 2018
Cupertino Electric allowed for me to build myself professionally and presented many opportunities to grow.

Management is nice and not too demanding, they wouldn't force too much of a daily workload.
Pros
Occasional lunches and annual bonuses
Electrical construction company
ESTIMATOR (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 7, 2018
Great company for work/life balance. Tremendous training opportunities and support. Management leads by example. Lively, involved, dedicated workforce.
Good to work
QA QC (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 29, 2018
Very nice company to work for .they are very professional there safety practices are excellent and efficient.the fireman’s are very helpful and are always there to assist
Pros
Learn safety quality
Cons
Very professional company with quality people
Electrician/Installer/leadman (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 7, 2018
Company does a lot of high profile jobs. Jobs like stadiums,airports and high dollar residential buildings. They promote within the company. A good company to work for.
Professional company with high standards
Construction Wireman (Former Employee) –  Paicines, CAApril 20, 2018
Typical day at work was face paced and productive. I learned how to properly install solar panels in a team environment. The management was very professional and organized. The culture was very friendly with great teamwork. The hardest part of the job was the commute.The most enjoyable part of the job was the constant learning, that there was always something new to do, and new techniques to apply to solve problems better.
Pros
great cowokers
Cons
commute
good luck
CORPORATE EHS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 31, 2018
good company, but, honesty was hard to come by. They did not honor commitments and I have to say they had and integrity
issue. They seem to have a pretty high turnover rate.
Pros
They have high ideals, plans and ideas
Cons
They are based in San Jose.....if you don't make at least 200K, forget about having a decent life there
Typical Day
Senior Estimator (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAMarch 19, 2018
Senior Estimator to prepare detailed complete estimates.
Depth knowledge of different variety of electrical materials and methods of installation.
Estimating high rise building mixed use projects and high rise mixed use residential building.
Estimating large prevailing wage project, commercial & residential (low income family apartment Building)
Estimating commercial & Industrial projects – new – remodel & tenant improvements.
Great Place to Work
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 19, 2018
Great development program for young project managers and estimators. Work on exciting capital projects throughout the city. Plenty of room for advancement if you are patient.
Worst large Company
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Altoona, IAMarch 2, 2018
I have worked in many states for large contract companies, but this location in Iowa takes the cake! HORRIBLE management and they are allowed to torment the workers with no recourse or action taken. People who are not really able to perform their job functions seem to get promoted quickly here too. That just seems odd to me. You would think a company of this size would love to promote those who work hard and know the ropes of a large scale project. Not this one! I see most reviews are from CA so they must be much better on the West Coast, not good at all in the Midwest.
Workplace
Sr. JDE Lead/Developer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 8, 2018
It's all about work. They do have activities during certain holidays, but they do not have much in terms of leisure activities for relaxation or taking your mind away for some time, within the office.
Experienced or not
Construction Wireman (Former Employee) –  Altoona, IAFebruary 1, 2018
This was a huge introduction into the trade of electricians. My first week, I was digging trenches, laying down pvc pipe, and backfilling, so wire could be pulled. It's a great opportunity and there is so much more to this industry, and Cupertino is a good start.