CUPERTINO ELECTRIC Management reviews

CW (Former Employee) –  Altoona, IAAugust 2, 2019
Cupertino is a great place to work is good atmosphere the management is pretty decent the benefits are off the chain I'm talking full coverage insurance that's eyes everything it's some just great people I would definitely work there again
Not a good place to work
Field Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Salinas, Watsonville, San Carlos, Pittsburgh,August 2, 2019
I hired in as a field mechanic in march 5th, put me to work on the 6th. no training, threw me to the wolves. but I survived, and learned the equipment and how to diagnose and repair them. I was praised for my work. ! was 1 of 4 mechanics when I hired on. 3 weeks later, I was 1 of 2 mechanics, trying hard to do the work of 4 mechanics. I had 3 yards with trucks, trailer, and various equipment to maintain, and service if broken down on a job. I had a lot of windshield time, and was stretched very thin. On 7/08/2019, I was fired! I was told I took things apart and did not put them back together. The upper management are far from that, not good managers at all! otherwise, If I would have been pulled in and counciled on my job performance, and I could have explained how I was running my tail off trying to keep up. I never took anything apart that I didn't finish. sometimes parts availabilty was an issue, so those units would not be re-assembled on as timely a manner as I would like, but that was out of my control. this company is going down the tubes, as far as I am concerned. I you want to be treated like a number, with no respect, and extremely expendable, go ahead and hire on, because the field mechanics are just as I just described.
Good place too work for ...
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Los Lunas, NMJune 19, 2019
A lot of safety was a good meaning PPE was always on site water available all the time tools were always on there lot of good guys to work around management was okay
Easy-going work environment with much to learn.
Purchasing Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 14, 2018
Cupertino Electric allowed for me to build myself professionally and presented many opportunities to grow.

Management is nice and not too demanding, they wouldn't force too much of a daily workload.
Pros
Occasional lunches and annual bonuses
Electrical construction company
ESTIMATOR (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 7, 2018
Great company for work/life balance. Tremendous training opportunities and support. Management leads by example. Lively, involved, dedicated workforce.
Professional company with high standards
Construction Wireman (Former Employee) –  Paicines, CAApril 20, 2018
Typical day at work was face paced and productive. I learned how to properly install solar panels in a team environment. The management was very professional and organized. The culture was very friendly with great teamwork. The hardest part of the job was the commute.The most enjoyable part of the job was the constant learning, that there was always something new to do, and new techniques to apply to solve problems better.
Pros
great cowokers
Cons
commute
good luck
CORPORATE EHS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 31, 2018
good company, but, honesty was hard to come by. They did not honor commitments and I have to say they had and integrity
issue. They seem to have a pretty high turnover rate.
Pros
They have high ideals, plans and ideas
Cons
They are based in San Jose.....if you don't make at least 200K, forget about having a decent life there
Worst large Company
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Altoona, IAMarch 2, 2018
I have worked in many states for large contract companies, but this location in Iowa takes the cake! HORRIBLE management and they are allowed to torment the workers with no recourse or action taken. People who are not really able to perform their job functions seem to get promoted quickly here too. That just seems odd to me. You would think a company of this size would love to promote those who work hard and know the ropes of a large scale project. Not this one! I see most reviews are from CA so they must be much better on the West Coast, not good at all in the Midwest.
Great place to work!
IBEW 332 Telecommunications Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 31, 2018
Kept me working! Management is great and I had the ability to learn and move up quickly. They provided a company vehicle with great benefits. The company overall has a great structure and a team player environment.
New
PROJECT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 17, 2018
It has it's share of growth problems. There are many times that management just does not have the time to focus on any one particular thing. Everyone is constantly in motion so things seem and feel strong within the group.
Like the construction atmospher
Field Administrative Assistant to Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 7, 2017
Management very unorganized and they say your family once you work there but in reality your not. Not a lot of help learning a position and stress trying to figure out exactly what they want and need.
Pros
Wear jeans to work
Cons
Stress not knowing what they want or need
Good company
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 2, 2017
I'd work for Cupertino anytime. They had good staff,good working conditions,and the work itself was fun to learn. I really dont have anything bad to say about them. I wish they had work in GA. I would definitely sign up and work with them on any job
Pros
Good work
Cons
Not based in GA
Cupertino Electric
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boulder City, NVSeptember 1, 2016
Cupertino, is a Great company to work with. They are very much at the forefront with Safety of their employees, leading by example from the onsite management to executive level of the company.
This is a company that shows the workforce both respect and awards workers for both safety and jobs well done from start to finish.
I would work on any project the company had with great pride.
Pros
Safety lunchs, safety awards, free on site training and much more
Cons
Honestly I could not find one
Watch Your Back
Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CaMay 6, 2014
Watch your back! I don't have a problem with the company in general. Its more about fellow co-workers. They have no problem snitching and lying to get you fired. Management seems to know but since the employees have been there for years they wont do anything about it. It gets worse depending on how much more experienced and knowledgeable you are.
Pros
Christmas bonus
Cons
Backstabbing, Lying, and false sense of security