Curacao Employee Reviews

Very low pay, not worth the work i do
Employee (Former Employee) –  Huntington Park, CAAugust 24, 2019
I was getting paid minimum wage for such an important job that takes so much responsibility and I just didn’t see a future in that. Coworkers are nice and great people at most times or just end up being hypocrites. The customers are very rude and lazy, they always come in with a negative mindset about Curacao which gets annoying.
Not the best.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 2, 2019
Was overall a decent job, however the pay is extremely low, and even though I was new I would be left alone alot and was not helped out by coworkers or even managers (who were standing around) when I clearly needed help or did not know how to do something.
Too many changes for benefit of VPs
Senior Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Panorama City, CAJuly 30, 2019
Favouritism exists. Management doesn't listen to reason. They ask for our reason for not producing but the true facts are not acceptable. Requesting days off is a hassle even when done with reasonable timing. Same with vacation. They want you to be someone you are not. This company was fun to work for but now it is driving many associates away.
productive
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Panorama City, CAJuly 20, 2019
great please to work is a school how to work in retail environment and how to negotiated sales with bank and customers , if you looking to learn how to be strong in sales this is the right place
benefits
Cons
life balance
Great place to shop, great first time job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 11, 2019
Good place to shop but when it comes to its workers there are areas where it lacks in. Poor management, fair pay but not satisfying. Random time schedule with little warning to the changes
They Train you to lie to customers
Sales associate/ Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 27, 2019
They want you to package bundles so the interest rate can be insanely high , customers end up paying more than they think , would get in trouble for selling honestly.
ok place to work at but management needs work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 27, 2019
I liked working with the customers and making sure their needs are being met. I think management needs a little more work but overall I enjoyed working there.
NO raises ever
Customer Assistant And Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJune 24, 2019
Management is very inconsiderate about all of there employees. They always have a favorite they want to grow in the company and everyone else is just ignored and gets paid minimum wage. The only time employees get raises is when minimum wage goes up. This specifically occurs in the operations department which is a big function in the company. This includes customer service, warehouse, maintenance, door guards, Mercado and checkout. Every one in sales is offered better opportunities than anyone in operations. Sales also gets trips to Hawaii at the end of the year for reaching certain goals while in operations no one other than possibly one employee gets that chance: and it's one employee throughout the entire district not just that store. Unfortunately many of these employees are older and are afraid to lose there jobs but have been working for this company at minimum wage for ten plus years.
Ambiente laboral agradable
Servicio de atención al cliente (Former Employee) –  servicio al clienteJune 20, 2019
Muy buena cultura laboral, se fomenta el desarrollo de carrera
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 20, 2019
It’s a good place to work but it has its cons. Most managers will help and do there job most will hardly try. There is sometimes issues with coworkers over some sales
Productive .fun & friendly environment
Sales Associate/Customer Service and cashier (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJune 20, 2019
I really enjoyed working at curacao Chino store 1 of 13 curacao chain stores. I first started in furniture department & appliances , than in our kids zone area in the store where parents can sign in their child in to enjoy activities like playing games , watch movies draw etc.. while their parents shop.
Curacao is a fun, friendly work environment with about 40 employees from all departments.
okay place to work
Senior Demand Planner (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 12, 2019
I enjoyed working for the company in the beginning. I soon learned there is not structure within the organization. Resources to do your job is not provided in corporate.
I didn't like there management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 10, 2019
The supervisor could not speak English well. I was always doing the supervisor job. It got to the point where she got threatened by me . The supervisor had me fired .
A really great place to work
electronic commerce / stock clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntington Park, CAMay 29, 2019
Honestly the place was a great place to work and I am sad that I didn't stay after the season was over, my boss a great person my co-workers were great people.
Productive and fast paced
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CAMay 27, 2019
Lots of multi-tasking. I learned a lot and coworkers were there to support one another. Hardest part of job was long Holiday hours. The most enjoyable part of job was engaging with customers.
Pros
Engaging with customers
Cons
Long holiday hours
Bajo
Ventas y servicio al cliente (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAMay 11, 2019
No respetan la vida privada los manager solo promueven al que les convenga o les caiga mejor
Very confusing atmosphere of strategies and management
Senior Vice President, Operations (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 6, 2019
Confusions, lack of stable direction and rational/logical strategies. Changes of strategy change too frequently without allowing time for previous strategy to take hold especially as the strategies are often under funded to ensure its success.
I would recommend if you want a challenge, not if you want a stable career.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Chino, CA 91710April 5, 2019
A huge problem with the social aspect of the work is that they highly value sales associates that meet sales expectations or exceed it, but sort of lessen the importance of others that offer a different advantage to the company. Not to mention I've experienced a lot of gossipers and lack of professionalism of others. A huge tip, don't get on anyone's radar and make your sales goals or else after a certain amount of months (approx 6) you get either repositioned or fired.
Pros
Flexibility in scheduling
Cons
Lack of professionalism
Not and Ideal place to work
Ecommerce Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 23, 2019
A typical day at Curacao was working on multiple projects and managing the ecommerce operations team of Customer service and fulfillment. For a while I was the only female manager in the ecommerce department and from my experience the male managers were not comfortable working with women. They disregarded my opinions and exhibited sexist behavior.

I worked there for a long time because I enjoyed the work. Once I realized that my learning were being dismissed due to my race and gender, I felt there was nothing more I could offer.

The HR department is weak and usually responded to issues by favoring the aggressors.
Pros
No pros
Hiring Process
Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 20, 2019
If you don’t speak Spanish don’t bother applying

No matter how much experience/ education you have they want a Spanish speaking organization, seems a bit prejudice and racist