Cure Urgent Care Employee Reviews

Stay Away !
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYFebruary 14, 2019
Honestly the worst company to work for . Not even sure how they are still in business . There are three locations two in the city and one in Huntington . They make you go to the city locations for training which is great to meet the people on that side . But horrible because they expect you to commute to and from for free and work long hours . Once you get to Huntington it is completely different then the city . There is very little support , the support they do offer is a women who barley knows where anything is kept or should be . Instead of someone being at Huntington to ask questions like the two other location they want you to go calling around . Sometimes making your job complicated . The female PA may be great to patients but a complete c u n t to the employees . She is very condescending and definitely has her favorites . The make PA gets along with the entire stAff and never makes you feel uncomfortable. At front desk your mostly alone for the day which is usually a 12 hours shift . That doesn’t take count that you are to be there early because the PAs and MA’s seem like that can’t to open business but will be the first to leave you.
Pros
3 or 4 day work week
Cons
High turn over, short staff, poor support, no organization, disrupted breaks
You will be abused
Medical Assistant/Scribe (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2019
You get the sense as soon as you start working here that something is awry. All the scribe/MA's seem over stressed and run around like chickens with their heads cut off, particularly when the clinical director is working as a provider. During training you are given way more material than you could possibly learn in 7 days, and expected to be perfect with every detail of the job. If you show any modicum of self-respect, and try to set boundaries, you will be seen as disrespectful, and you will be verbally abused. If you don't show any self-respect, you will still be abused, but management will be happy that you take the abuse. This is particularly with the clinical director. Many of the other providers are quite pleasant to work with.

Don't expect to have your concerns heard, and expect to have a few extra hours of work after every shift, which you will not get paid for. All the scribes/MA's are aspiring PA/med applicants, and therefore feel the need to accept all of the abuse, and if you're okay with that, then go right ahead. Just keep in mind that healthcare does not have to be this way, and please promise yourself that you will not propagate this terrible culture of hierarchy and abuse when you finish. Every rank of employee should be able to feel appreciated.
Pros
Lots of medical experience
Cons
Verbal Abuse
Toxic
MA/scribe (Former Employee) –  UES/UWSJanuary 1, 2019
Toxic work environment to say the least. Managers play favorites and you need to inform them if you plan on staying 15 minutes after.

Severely understaffed and breaks are far and few between. You are told to do things including phlebotomy even if you don't have proper schooling for it.
Horrible Management
Scribe/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYDecember 23, 2018
If you can look over being scheduled for more time than you are required, you enjoy not being compensated for your work, and you enjoy horrible, rude co-workers, then this is the place for you. Also breaks are "whenever" even during 8 and 12 hour shifts. Do not recommend.
Pros
experience
Cons
little to no breaks, unpaid hours
Management does not live up to the Purpose of the What the Company Stands for
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 5, 2018
Never in all my HR years have I walked out of a company with No notice until now, I left there feeling emotionally distressed and helpless that I could not do anything for employees, which to a true HR professional it is heartbreaking….
I only lasted 6-8 weeks, As an HR Professional; I was horrified of what I saw. The top owner was a humble man, but in a sense, I feel bad for him because he has no idea how bad it really is, and I doubt has any idea of what his management team implements and how they implement it.

In all my years as a HR professional, I have never seen such deceitfulness go unnoticed, what I feel most sad for is employees. To those that are aspiring to move on, I wish you all the best, you deserve to have the best of luck because you work and strive so hard to achieve your goals. To those that are choosing to stay because it is your job, and are content with a position such as this, I wish you all the strength, because you will need it, in this company.
Pros
Urgent Care - Good Cause
Cons
Terrible Management
High turnover, toxic managment, no breaks
Scribe, Medical Assistant, Front Desk Person (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 14, 2018
My experience was awful. They steal employee time by assigning a 12 or even 14 hour shift then do not allow proper breaks or even a 30 minute lunch as required by law. The medical director was insulting and condescending and the office manager didn't respond to any questions or needs. The scribe/ma/front desk staff is mostly young people who don't know that they are being taken advantage of.
Pros
Location is close to the subway
Cons
No breaks, awful managemnt and director
Poor medical Director and Management
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  manhatten NYOctober 23, 2017
I loved my position at Cure The owner of the Company is amazing, Elan Is an appreciative owner and he applauds hard work which makes it a wonderful work environment. Too bad the same can not be said for the Medical Director who is Narcissistic and likes to demean his staff at any cost which makes it an unworkable environment.
Pros
clean beautiful and great hours
Cons
very bad medical director, poor mangement
I do not recommend working at Cure Urgent Care
professional (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2017
I do not recommend working at Cure Urgent Care, it is a disorganized and poorly managed work place. There is little to no support and management does not care about the employees well being. There is high turn over in staff and your typically day is so busy there is hardly time for a restroom break.
Pros
Cons
As stated
Recognizes good performance
Scribe (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2017
I really enjoy working here. I learn a lot and have immense responsibility. At times it's a stressful environment but I guess that comes with the territory.

I am studying for PA school and Cure provides me with a great practical learning experience. Working here definitely prepares you to treat medical emergencies
Pros
benefits, people who care, experience
Cons
long hours, high volume patients
Horrible Dictatorship environment to work in
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 4, 2017
I worked for this company a little over a month. There was no diversity. Everyone spoke Russian. When you are in an environment where you are not the same nationlaity as everyone else and the staff are constantly speaking in their native tongue, Russian it make you feel uncomfortable and excluded. The whispers the secret conversations all in Russian. The owner does not appreciate nor respect the staff as human beings. Being belittled and spoken to in a degrading manner will not create productivity from staff. I resigned from working there I did not feel appreciated at all as an employee and as a person in general there.
Pros
Always healthy foods to eat full kitchen with access to food
Cons
No respect, no diversity, the owner is intimidating to work for, you are spoken to like you're scum from the bottom of someone's shoe
Productive work place
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 17, 2017
Great Doctor's to work with, and a wonderful place for someone too learn new things, if your just starting out in the medical field this is a wonderful experience for you.
Pros
Great work place for someone thats willing to learn new things.
Cons
needs better management.
Great for New Grads
Human Resources Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 26, 2017
I am a recent grad who wanted to try my hand in the business sector after a year of struggling in the field of education. This company gave me a chance although I had almost no history in business. When interviewed for the job my personality and work ethic were taken into consideration. I am now happily being trained and working in the HR field. The team is welcoming and my manager always gladly assists me or further explain tasks that cause stress.
Pros
Snacks, friendly faces, proximity to beach, benefits
Cons
Short lunch break, can sometime be stressful
This company is family
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Upper West Side, NYJune 6, 2017
I'm happy to be here cause everyone cares about each other. Doctors educate their staff and care about the patients. I learn a lot but theres a lot of hustle too. You gotta keep up.
Pros
patients come first, paid holidays
Cons
Productive, growing business with room for advancement
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2017
I've been with this company for about a month at this point, and only have great things to say about the work environment!

The management team is supportive, the training is hands on, and the room for growth is definitely there. Our business itself is growing quickly, so every employee still plays a major role in carving out our own processes and success.

The culture here is notable as well - we work hard, as a team, and welcome inter-departmental communication to resolve common issues. If you have a passion for taking charge of your daily objectives, and ensuring patient satisfaction, you've certainly come to the right place!
Wouldn't recommend workingt there
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2016
This is not a place that I would recommend anyone to work for. High turnover rate and the company is grossly mismanaged. It won't be in business for very long.